Location [Syliras Entrance] The Main Gates

Please post here first after registering!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Main Gates

Postby Julian Rasfura on May 10th, 2010, 8:10 pm

The time is Spring 52, 510 AV
14:32 14 Bells 32 Chimes.

A shadow in the distance appears on the road, masked by wood and hidden away by a black hood and deep black robes. A strange appearance for such a bright day in the tropics. Behind the shadow, a cart pulled, it's strange form shifting in a light breeze, the tarp covering it fluttering ever so lightly. The great body of water nearby could be tasted in the air, the sun beating hard on his black robes.

Approaching two guards, the shadows hands moved, fussing with a silk rope for a bit before hanging it on the end of the cart. Slightly intimidated by the tall bulky shadow-like man, the guards prepared slightly for a conflict. Suddenly the shadows arm disappeared from the sleave, messing with something within the robes, looking as though preparing for to attack in some strange manner.

Again the guards shifted their eyes trying to capture the mans emotion through the eyes of his simple oval mask but before having a chance to defend themselves the mans hand slipped out ever so little from his robes. On a gentle giant hand stood two strange carvings depicting miniature spearmen, the tips of the spears and their eyes decorated with small crystal fragments.

One guard looked at it confused as the other took one of the figurines and after a second the first mimiced his friend taking the other, "These are kind of nice. What brings you here traveler?" asked one guard no longer on guard who carefully eyed the details of his work, the form and slight detail of his work carrying a few minor mistakes on it.

The shadowy man was quiet replying in a careful tone, "Merchant. Seeking home." Suddenly his robes shifted again, a small creature peering out from under a layer of cloth, it's large eyes watching the guards with a quirked head.

The guards took notice of this and watched the little one until it slipped back inside hiding in the mans robes once more. "Are you carrying any weapons on you or in your cart that we need to know about? Also, I would like to ask you to remove your mask for the time being."

The man was hesitant at first, slowly reaching for his mask and slipping it off revealing a plain looking man, wild unkempt hair pointing off in many directions and simple brown eyes that displayed both a kindness and fear in them at the same time. With that he lifted the end of his robe revealing a blade handle.

With the tips of his fingers he lifted the blade from it's holster, bringing it out into view for the guards and revealing it to be a fake, made of a light wooden material, it was a bit intimidating but would be lucky to actually cut something.

With that seen the guards then searched the cart, finding nothing but a large collection of furs and wood, a few tool kits and a bag of crystals. Accepting what the man had in his possesion they waved him inside, opening the gates before him so that he may enter the town.

The shadowy man returned his mask to his face, grabbing at the silk rope and began pulling the cart into the city, leaving nothing behind of his sudden appearance except the two figurines in the guards hands, having not even had to offer to them his name.
Watashi wa ki ga daisuki desu. Sore ga shizen no naka de kanpeki na, seikatsu no naka de kanpeki na, kanpeki subete issho desu. Kyōryoku na mada yawarakaku, jōbu de ataeru. Nani mo nai yori de ari, soko ni suru koto wa deki mase n.
Julian Rasfura

Words: 17538
Joined roleplay: May 10th, 2010, 2:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rythern on May 16th, 2010, 12:43 pm

Spring 1, 510 AV

By the time Rythern approached Syliras at the beginning of that year's spring, he'd gotten used to his shorter hair but not yet used to the freedom to go where he chose, and he intended to take advantage of every last moment of it.

He had intended, at least, until rather severely injuring himself in the wilderness.

The blue-eyed Vantha cast an irritatedly bemused glance at the crude bandage on his left arm, which was looking no better than it had during his previous glance, and he noticed that the blood had begun to seep through this one as well. For the love of.

Aeyo whinnied, the windrunner mare sensing his flicker of displeasure - a rare thing for Rythern, but which was becoming increasingly frequent as they approached the gates of Syliras; so she was anxious, and even more so because of the lingering scent of his blood. Ever since the young knifethrower had cut himself practicing in the Wildlands earlier, the body language of Rythern's normally undisturbed horse had signaled worry.

Rythern patted her gingerly and grinned. "I'll be all right."

An amused thought in his head added, Just a foot-long gash in the arm is all. Idiot. He snorted.

Despite the far-reaching circus travels of his youth, Rythern had never actually been to Syliras, and he wasn't sure what to expect. A busy city, to be certain. He'd heard stories about the stronghold of Sylira, many of them both wild and wildly contradicting. A shadow of the grin returned. Places that bred tales in the first place had to have something interesting going on. Perhaps he'd stay a while.

He pulled up at the gates, where two knights stood guard.

"Name?" said one.

"Vakya. I hail from Avanthal." Rythern winced. "And I require medical assistance."

His Common was clear but unmistakably accented with the lyrical shadow of Vani, his native tongue. When he was thirteen or fourteen and still in the employment of the circus, he'd once practiced tirelessly to lose that accent before giving up the process as futile - one of the few times in hindsight that Rythern was glad he'd given up on something. Traces of the language of the Vantha, he'd discovered with surprised satisfaction, were perfect in storytelling, even for a clumsier tongue like Common.

The guards were eyeing Rythern's bandaged left arm somewhat dubiously. Rythern responded with his best innocent grin, which made one of the guards snort.

"Go on through," he said, waving Rythern through the gates. "Look for Soothing Waters. And don't cause too much trouble."

Rythern laughed, bowed his head at both guards with theatrical flourish, and entered the city.
Rythern
Knifethrower

Words: 35547
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Black Dahlia on May 27th, 2010, 2:48 am

Dahlia walked slowly to the gates of Syrilas. The giant castle that loomed over her was even more beautiful then she had pictured it. People of all kinds roamed around her. She couldnt help but smile. for the fist time in a long time she felt free. Warm air whipped her long midnight hair around as she calmly procedded into the city...
Black Dahlia
Player

Words: 2313
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2010, 1:14 am
Race: Kelvic

Postby Grayzdo Briety on June 4th, 2010, 11:18 pm

4th Day of Summer 510 AV

Grayzdo left Kita outside the gates he took his disguise off and looked over to Kita. Then headed inside the city.
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Words: 12937
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:30 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kita on June 5th, 2010, 1:38 am

4th Day of Summer 510 AV
Kita was apprehensive about entering the city. It had been so long since she had been in a town and that town was Avanthal. It was much different than this city. She saw Grayzdo waiting for her and knew she had to follow. She didn't want to be alone again. She could see that Grayzdo was aware of her fear. He looked like he understood though.

Kita looked down and gathered up all her courage. She ran through the gates and over to Grayzdo's side. She hugged his arm in fear. "I haven't been in a town in so long." sh said looking up at him with he yellow eyes full of fear. "I trust you will keep me safe though." she said with a smile. He had to or she was making the biggest mistake of her life.
As you walk through death's dark veil,
The cannon's thunder can't prevail,
And those who hunt thee down will fail,
And you will be my ain true love...
Kita
Foxy Lady

Words: 59174
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet

Postby Kaelithus on June 6th, 2010, 5:11 pm

18 day of summer 510 AV

A subtle breeze flowed over the landscape, Kaelithus stepped back on to the road with a large yawn his shoes scraped against the ground out of exhaustion "i've been walking for days...please..let that be the entrance.. After that ship for days I would kill for a bed" The sun began peak its first rays of day over the horrizon when the gate caught Kaels eyes/ "MIDNIGHT WE'RE FINALLY HERE!" in his backpack the head of black eagle poked out with a squawk. New found streanth filled kaels legs as he began to sprint down the path. as he reached the gate a guard walked infront of him holding out his spear "HALT!" the guard stated, kael came to a stop "Uh you mind getting out of my day ive walked for the past 56 days...I could use a bed.." Kael asked, the guard stared him then spit on the ground "You kill someone i kill you" He answered stepping aside Kael brushed past frustrated. when out of sight he looked at his palm and a small coin "thats all the guard had...wow they don't get paid for there job do they?
Last edited by Kaelithus on June 6th, 2010, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelithus
Player

Words: 11558
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Trovian on June 6th, 2010, 10:17 pm

7 Summer, 510 AV

It was midday and the sun was nearing its peak as Trovian approached the main gates of Syliras. There were people of all types, shapes and sizes wandering to and from the gate; mainly peasants and merchants. None spared him more than just a passing glance as he meandered his way through the crowd towards the open city gates. He led his Mountain Pony, Shadow, through the throng of people. He was laden with all of Trovians belongings, but was a sturdy fellow, and it seemed to bother him little.

As he approached the guards stationed to the sides of the road, he gave a gentle nod of his head, in respect as he passed. Head up, he continued through the gates and into the grand city itself.
Trovian
Player

Words: 7717
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2010, 7:14 pm
Character sheet

Postby Mankros on June 10th, 2010, 8:57 pm

"Well, Dakren, we made it," the short-statured young man whispered into his horse's ear. The horse, of course, did not reply.
"Please state your name and business," called the guard, who was leaning comfortably on the haft of his spear.
"My name is Mankros, and I intend to live here," he replied.
"Do you have any weapons on your person?" inquired the guard.
Mankros reached to his belt and pulled out a pair of tamo daggers, holding them with the points between the thumb and foirst finger of his right hand.
The guarded handed him a weapon registration form, which he quickly filled out in a nearly indecipherable scrawl.
"Welcome to the city, enjoy your stay," the guard monotoned to Mankros' back.
'I'll ceartainly try,' he thought to himself as he rode through the gates and into a new life.
Mankros
Player

Words: 3407
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 12:00 am
Character sheet

Postby Altia on June 10th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Syliras. The stories she had heard of this place didn't do the city justice. Words didn't even begin to describe this place, but then, Altia thought ti]'hat about every new place she went to. The gate was massive, the guards even more so and people were streaming in and out of the city at a rapid pace.

'... Whoa.' Altia thought, her head spinning all around, trying to take everything in. ' How m'I supposed to get in without getting squished...?' She steeled herself, took a deep breath, and made sure the straps on her traveling pack were secure. She was going in, squished or not.

She broke into a run, her little legs moving as fast as they could, and weaved around people's legs and feet, taking care to give any horses a wide berth and squeezed past while the guards questioned a merchant. ("What's your business here?") Once inside, Altia ran off to the side of the road and clambered onto a wooden box. She stood atop it, shadded her eyes with one hand, and gazed all about her.

'This is gonna be fun!' With that in mind, she jumped off the box and let her feet guide her deeper into the city.
Altia
Player

Words: 7181
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2010, 11:26 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Rain on June 12th, 2010, 3:43 am

9th day of Summer, 510 AV

I was nervous, though that could be expected. I had to get into the city, or risk freezing another night. It might be summer, but it was still cold at night, and it was early summer. Tousouji and I headed for the entrance, my hand on the Frostmarch's neck, leading him closer, telling him not to worry.

"Stop, please. Name and business?", one of the guards asked me, rather towering over me. Unabashed, I answered, "My name is Rain... and I only seek shelter from the cold nights currently. I don't intend to cause trouble."

The guards looked mollified, and the first one stepped back, about to wave me through when the other guard piped up, "Are you or your horse unhealthy? Any diseased food?". Disgruntled, I shook my head. "No bad food. Apples and some cured meat, but no bad food. The horse is unharmed, and healthy.", I said, proving my point, by lifting the animal's lips to show the healthy teeth and gums. "And of yourself?", the guard asked. I scowled for a moment, muttering, "I was getting to that...", before lifting my lips to show the white teeth, and pink gums that adorned my mouth. "A Kelvic, huh?", they asked, surprised,"Where's your master?". Bristling slightly, I forced a grin onto my face, and said, "I haven't met my master yet." Nodding, they waved me through, and I pulled Tousouji through, not wanting anything to do with the damned guards anymore. It might not have been fair of me to get annoyed, but I was. Still, I kept to myself. I didn't want trouble, and I was sure I'd get enough of it without trying for it!

Just because I'm an animal... doesn't mean I'm stupid. I'll use this human body to stare into the sun, to do what I couldn't otherwise. I'll make a meaning with this life... or die trying.
Rain
Player

Words: 3051
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 2:54 pm

PreviousNext