With a Little Help from My Friends [Tinnok]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Ayatah on April 17th, 2013, 10:14 pm

”Because men can be dicks.” Ayatah said bluntly in answer to Tinnok’s question. Yes, her loyalty lay with her closest friend and it had been common practise for Ayatah to part with her lovers if they said a cruel joke about the half-Dhani, or looked at her with particular resentment. The two of them came as a package in that sense; if you hated one, you were going to get a kick in the balls from the other.

Shrugging her shoulders, Ayatah added to her previous statement, using her years of studying the male of their species. ”But ultimately, when you get them naked, they’re all the same: complaining of the cold.” She snorted at the ridiculousness of the declaration that one or two of her less well-endowed partners had claimed. ”Not like we’re in the petching jungle or anything.”

She winced when Tinnok yanked on a handful of her hair, but there was a grin on her lips all the same. ”Myri, calm down woman! That tight grip could do some serious damage to a male.” More giggling followed that little gem, and Ayatah nodded to solidify her point.

”Hmm. I can imagine him now: ‘Oh, you bought a friend to bed tonight, Aya? That’s fine, let me scoot on over to make room.’” Her voice lowered dramatically as she put on her best Razkar impersonation… Which, for someone who saw him every day, was pretty awful. Thankfully when she spoke again, she did so in her normal voice. ”Yeah, I don’t think he’d be such a good host.”

As Tinnok moved away, Ayatah inspected her new hairstyle. ”Very impressive…” she said, nodding as she touched the intricate plaiting, ”have you ever thought of turning this place into ‘Tinnok’s Beauty shop?’” Now that was a comical idea…

She began to toy with her friend’s mane of dark brown hair, frowning as she considered what exact style to inflict upon the half breed. Ahh, she remembered reading something about how highborn Eypharian ladies wore dramatic up-do’s for festivals or special occasions. What could be more perfect for her half-Myrian, half-Dhani friend?

Ayatah began working straight away, taking sections of hair from the top of Tinnok’s head and also some from the bottom of her hairline. ”Did you know that Eypharian’s dye their hair?” Her voice sounded far too enthralled at the very idea, so she cleared her throat and tried again, ”I mean… how ridiculous.”

|| Ayatah's speech || Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tinnok on April 18th, 2013, 11:44 am

Tinnok giggled at Aya's interpretation of the Eagle. "No, he'd be more like..." She cleared her throat, but to be fair, her rendition of the male was no more superior to Aya's which was rather purposeful on Tinnok's part for she made his voice an octave higher than it should have been, "Ooh, can I join in?"

She had a good snarky laugh about that for a moment, snorting at the suggestion of turning her little hut into a beauty parlor. "I am positive just droves of men and women would come to see me...I'd have to hire you to help me there would be so many."

But for now she sat contendedly in Ayatah's grasp as she began working with Tinnok's hair. It was strange to be sure this sensation, and she knew it ran parallel with men as it did women. Part of it was a bit pf pain, for her friend was pulling tightly upon her hair to get the desired effect, yet the overall impression of the entire act of 'doing one's hair' was extremely soothing she found, one of the reasons she had been so eager to partake in the first place.

At the mention of Eypharians Tinnok grinned. "Well with all the other little factoids you've supplied on your other race, that seems to be the least ridiculous bit of info yet." She frowned thoughtfully for a moment. "I wonder how one goes about such things...would you, just mix your hair with dye like for cloth?" She chuckled. "I should dye mine green, I suspect all of Taloba would appreciate the gesture."

She allowed her eyes to close, drifting into a strange trance like state as her friend worked with her hair, a content smile plastered upon her features like a cat who just caught a mouse.

"Thanks for coming Aya, I think we both needed this..." And think was an extreme under exaggeration.

Last edited by Tinnok on April 19th, 2013, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ayatah on April 18th, 2013, 7:19 pm

The half-Eypharian snorted along with her friend’s joke, though Tinnok opening a beauty shop was just as unlikely to happen as her lover was to be perfectly accepting of another male joining their bed. But the very implausibility of the two events was what made them so entertaining.

Ayatah frowned slightly as she concentrated on her friend’s hair, looping strands together before tying them with another piece of the leather stripping. ”I’m not sure….” She said about the Eypharian hair dye. ”I can’t imagine there are so many plants and flowers in the jungle… Though who knows. I certainly think green would bring out your eyes just so perfectly!” She chuckled and began making the finishing touches to her friends new ’do.

”Ta-dah!” Her work was done. The half-Dhani’s hair was tied up from her shoulders, with a loose knot at the back of her head and smaller loops surrounding it. The Eypharians had put small glass flowers and silver clips in their hair, but in the middle of the jungle, such trinkets did not last long before being broken from combat or lost amongst the bush.

Her smile softened a little and she nodded slowly. ”Yes, I think we did.” She paused, and then embraced her friend. ”Thank you for… being you, Tinnok.” The words felt so shallow and superficial; Ayatah could only hope that the other woman would hear the sincerity in them.

|| Ayatah's speech || Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tinnok on April 19th, 2013, 12:13 am

"Well friend, you can always count on me for that." She smiled at the strange comment, but Tinnok of all people rarely needed fancy words for something or to express feelings. She knew precisely what Aya meant.

Fingers gingerly crept into her hair, feeling the coils of the up do with a growing smile, she was sure she looked like a fool with her friend's races updo, but it hardly mattered. The half breed rotated and gave Aya a tight hug, resting her chin on her shoulder. "You keep being you, aight?"

Then, because the half breed couldn't stand to be girly for more than a few chimes she slid her hand stealthily into the muk, fastening her nails around a clump and chucked a section of earth at her friend, hearing just the particular shriek she was after.

Laughing at the attack was a horrible mistake, however, for Aya responded with a chunk that struck Tinnok full in the mouth.

After that the witch's little corner of the jungle was filled with the screams and giggles of two extremely fierce Myrian women....battling the greatest enemy they had ever found: Each other in a mud fight.

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Limey on April 21st, 2013, 7:01 pm

Ayatah

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 3 An Ocean Of Pain, With No Land In Sight
Socialization 2 Tinnok: Shelter From The Storm
Rhetoric 3 Never Come Empty-Handed
Investigation 1 So Hard To Find The Words
The Truth Shall Set You Free (Maybe)
The Story Of The Cave
Dreaming Of Distant Lands

Tinnok

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Tracking 1 To Move As Soft And Stealthy As A Canine
Stealth 2 A Nameless Hurt
Hunting 1 Lore: Agouti
Shortbow 1 Eagle: A "Special" Male
Wilderness Survival 1 A Tale Of Shame, Betrayal And Loss
Observation 3 No Words, Just Silence And Acceptance
Cooking 1 Ayatah: The Dreamer
Investigation 1 The Language Of Caiyha And Her Jungle
Rhetoric 2 The Amusing Mystery Of Manhood
Braiding 1

Shared Lore:
Friendship Means Honesty With Fear Of Judgement
The Relief Of Shared Secrets
Men: Useful Dicks, But Dicks Nonetheless...
Girl Time Among Myrians

Additional Notes :
Great work as usual, ladies. You both remind me a lot of Rosela's writing from Riverfall: your dialogue never feels forced or stilted, it flows naturally. So much angst was covered here and it was impressive you did so without making it overly-dramatic or Wangsty, y'know? Also, it DOES get cold, thank you very much! That's a legitimate complaint!

*shuffles awkwardly*

Anywho.

Couldn't think much to award in the way of XP of Lore, but since Tinnok went and got dinner, she got a bit more. Any requests or complains or questions, see below and PM me, I'd be happy to change that for you.

I hope to see more of these. The touching friendship the two halfbreeds has really is wonderful.

Any questions or queries, please PM me.
Limey
[Insert G&R Lyrics Here]

Words: 91990
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Race: Human
Office

Previous