Jethrom says hi!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Jethrom says hi!

Postby Jethrom on April 27th, 2013, 8:26 pm

Hello there! You can feel free to call me Jethrom if you like, but my real name is Daniel. I'm looking forward to roleplaying with all of you, and delving deeper into Mizahar's lore! I'd say I'm fairly experienced with roleplaying, but not extensively. I first played on a Lord of the Rings themed forum for a while, and when that died I moved on to GaiaOnline's large, if somewhat awful, roleplaying community. When I grew tired of that I searched on Google and found Mizahar about four years ago, but I wasn't ready to get invested in something like this. (I tried a couple of PCs, but they were forgettable and cliche.) I went back to Gaia for a while, but now I'm just sick of it. So that's when I came back here!

When I RP, I tend to do play-by-post. Personally, I prefer medium sized posts--quality over quantity. I don't like reading through a ton of fluff, and I don't like writing it either. What do I like to write about... I don't really know. There isn't anything specific, really. I like to write. Different things catch my fancy at different times. I've always loved combat and adventure, and the bigger the stakes are the more fun it is to write. I've always wanted to do some sort of political intrigue RP, but with this character that seems unlikely.

My favorite thing about Mizahar is how focused the community seems to be. Everyone is really into it, and they're all devoted to each other, and to making this forum great. Add that to an amazingly in-depth world and expansive lore, and it really just seems amazing. The only thing that's really frustrated me is how hard it seems to be to get into it. I want to be as devoted as everyone else, but there's a pretty steep learning curve to figure out how the site and roleplay works. But that's something I'm going to work on! From what I've seen, what really needs expansion are the skills. Most of them are just a name and a single sentence description of what it is. The vast majority do not have anything in their progression section, and some--like medicine--only have one or two.

Other than that, I love what I've seen on Mizahar so far, and I hope to love what I see in the future! If you want to check out my (unfinished) CS, it's here:http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic33810.html. Anyone who has a thread or roleplay they think my character would work in, please drop a link! I want to get started as soon as possible. Thanks for reading!
Jethrom
What's mine is yours.

Words: 1949
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2013, 4:46 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Jethrom says hi!

Postby Caesarion on April 27th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Hey, fellow newbie!
I also came here from Gaia, although I haven't quite left that community, yet. It's not too awful; there are some places that don't suck. I found a pretty legit witch RP guild, earlier!

I saw your CS earlier, and I thought it was brilliant. Keep up the good work, brah. : )

And yeah, I totally agree, it's really hard to get into. I had to sit in the IM chat and ask like 5000000000000000 questions before I was ready to submit my CS, and I'm sure there are still some problems there.
Still, the difficult learning curve is like a proving test... in my view. Haha.

I agree on the skill thing. I might make some later, if I ever find it within myself to get Caesar some EXP.
Maybe we could make some together! :D
Caesarion
Your world was burning, and I stood watching.

Words: 415638
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2013, 5:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Jethrom says hi!

Postby Jethrom on April 27th, 2013, 10:06 pm

Great to meet you, Ceasar! Haha, I realize Gaia isn't always that bad, but I just got tired of sifting through to find the diamonds in the rough, you know?

I'd love to help make skills one day! I figure I should probably do some actual roleplay before I get started with that sort of thing though.

I like your character. I doubt he and Jethrom can/will be friends, but that hardly means they can't interact. I'd love to play with you sometime!
Jethrom
What's mine is yours.

Character sheet

Jethrom says hi!

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on April 27th, 2013, 10:58 pm

'Lo and Welcome,

Good to have you here, if you've any questions I'll help where I can, that aside I like your concept I actually have not seen a lot of older PCs nor many Benshira. Much luck in your adventures and perhaps PCs will eventually run into each other.
Sosicly Magnolia
Silence is Open to Misconception

Words: 175085
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2013, 4:37 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Jethrom says hi!

Postby Jethrom on April 27th, 2013, 11:11 pm

Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting started. Hopefully we'll see each other around!
Jethrom
What's mine is yours.

Character sheet

Jethrom says hi!

Postby Brodon Windriver on April 27th, 2013, 11:24 pm

By the Mercy of Holy Yahal! A new face in Yahebah. I am available any time, save for those times where caravan employment concerns have brought me temporarily into the Burning Lands. But I will always return. And I will most likely be in need of a healer when I do. ;)

Hope to see you around.

Brodon

"Carrying an angry load, keeps you on an angry road."
Brodon Windriver
It's your move...

Words: 251972
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Journal
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Jethrom says hi!

Postby Jethrom on April 27th, 2013, 11:40 pm

My home is always open to the weary traveler, Brodon. I look forward to seeing you!
Jethrom
What's mine is yours.

Character sheet