Closed Down at the Bay (Johanne)

Sira and her daughter make a new friend at the beach.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Down at the Bay (Johanne)

Postby Sira on June 7th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Timestamp: 25th of Summer, 513 AV

"But moooom, why do I have to go with you?"

"Because you're my daughter, and I want to spend some time with you, that's why."

"Ug! None of the other yasi have to spend time with their parents!"

"Most of the other Yasi don't know their parents. Now come on, it will be fun!"

Sira shifted, changing in a cloud of glittering smoke from woman to eagle, and dove from the aerie. A moment later there was another flash, and Natalie changed into her own bird form. Sira's daughter had been caught outside when the djed storm hit, and as such, it changed her. Originally a tiny bird, she was now nearly a fourth the size of a wind eagle. Not large enough to ride, except maybe by a small child, but larger than most regular birds of prey. She wasn't as fast as Sira, but as long as Sira took it easy, the smaller bird could keep up.

It didn't take them very long to reach the bay, at least not nearly as long as it would take someone on foot. What took days on foot only took the eagles a matter of a couple bells, and it was mostly a straight glide down to Thunder Bay, which took very little effort on either birds part. By the time they reached the coast Syna had risen high into the sky, warming the air, and both Sira and Natalie were ready for a swim at the beach.

Sira dove down until she was a few feet above the sand, swooping past a pair of Inarta walking who laughed and waved happily to the large eagle, who abruptly turned and flew out over the waves before shifting and splashing right in. Natalie landed on the shore, shifting and watching as her mother splashed around, calling for her daughter to join her. Though barely over a year and a half old, Natalie had the body and mind of a teenage girl, and the thought of playing with her mother was almost as appealing as eating the blue mold the Inartan's survived on over the winter. ..but.. she owed it to her mother to at least be nice for a few days, after what had happened. Plus, who knows, maybe playing in the water will be fun? Natalie ran out into the waves to join the older kelvic, and soon enough she was splashing and laughing just like any sane person who goes to the beach should.

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Johanne on June 8th, 2013, 10:34 pm

Johanne, wearing the clothes of the Inarta, shifted on the beach once more, wincing as the sand shifted and squelched beneath her, climbing up into the crevices of her armpits and between her legs. Sighing, she closed her eyes, frowning slightly, trying once more to get comfortable. Her legs and arms spread out like a starfish, Johanne sighed hard into the sun, her lips vibrating in frustration. It had come to the attention of Johanne while she had been in Wind Reach, that she was ridiculously pale. Up in the city of Lhavit, Johanne wore long sleeves and long dresses as often as possible, hiding her awkward frame from the eyes of others desperately. But here in Wind Reach, skin was unavoidable, and it was unbearably hot.

Johanne had hitched a ride with some Chiet moving down to Thunder Bay for the season by caravan, to work in the sand processing areas, to bring back glass for the Avora to work with. Taking a break from work, she had spent the day on the back of a wagon, bumping and moving down the Pass. She felt strange, wearing her forest dress with her long brown hair, surrounded by Inarta and tanned Dek on every side. But as the sweat dripped down her forehead, she had to admit that perhaps the Inarta were onto something with their bryda.

As soon as she had arrived, haltingly chirping thank you in Nari to the Chiet who had allowed her to move down through the Pass with them, Johanne had jumped off the back of the wagon and moved through the bay settlement. Thunder Bay reminded her of a beach resort, the pace of life, leisurely, the sun warm on her cheeks. Walking through the streets close to the beach, Johanne had been unable to see the Processing Center and the forced work that went on there, and could not have seen how wrong she was. Walking through the cobblestone streets of the sleepy settlement, Johanne found herself at the sandy beach, with its glittering blue waters.

That is when she had decided to sunbake, trying to get her pale white skin to warm to the colour of deep brown sugar. It did not seem to be working, Johanne feeling the stinging of sunburn over her face and chest, sure that her skin was a bright tomato red at that moment. Sitting up, aware of sand in places she had never wanted sand, Johanne stood and ran quickly into the water.

The cool water had not warmed up with the heat of summer just yet, and was entirely refreshing. A few other Inarta splashed through the water as well, smiling and laughing, entirely outgoing. Johanne floated on her back by herself, her eyes closed, relaxed. Until a giant black shadow passed over her eyes.

Her eyes snapping open, Johanne could not help but gasp. A Wind Eagle! A real live Wind Eagle! Johanne stood up in the water, her head swivelling to follow the movement of the deadly bird intently, and gasped aloud in shock when in a burst of colourful light, the Eagle turned into a woman who dropped into the sea, laughing. Not just a Wind Eagle, then, but a Kelvic! The cannonball of the woman sprayed over Johanne's face, and spluttering and flailing around, she accidentally bumped into the younger girl, bouncing out to join her.

Gasping, Johanne looked shocked. If this young girl was with the Wind Eagle, then she was at least an Endal, even if she did look young. She did not know quite how the castes worked just yet. Falling over herself, Johanne bowed her heart, desperately cursing her foolishness.

"Oh my word, I am so so very sorry, Miss Wind Eagle... if that is what I am meant to call you ... Miss Endal? Oh my word, I am so sorry, how clumsy of me, please do not report me...!" And for good measure, in garbled Nari, she attempted one of the very very few words she knew: "sorry".
x
“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”
Vincent Van Gogh
Johanne
These scars are stories.

Words: 168999
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2012, 8:48 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sira on September 11th, 2013, 8:25 pm

Sira didn't even notice the woman she splashed until she began profusely apologizing, and that only made Sira even more confused. First of all, it was in common, a language that Sira could speak but almost always chose not to. And it was being spoken fast, amidst the sounds of waves and splashing, so it was even harder to understand. But there was a lot of 'sorry', and even a 'sorry' in Nari. Sira frowned, finally turning around to look at the woman as she bobbed up and down with the waves.

"Why are you sorry? The beach is fun. Have fun!"

Sira sent a playful splash Johanne's way, just before Natalie arrived, sneaking up behind her distracted mother and dunking her head beneath the waves. Sira came up laughing and wrestled with the younger kelvic for a moment before spinning her around and shoving her toward Johanne. In play mode, Natalie thought nothing of it and immediately attempted to dunk Johanne too.

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Neologism on November 16th, 2014, 6:43 pm

Sira :
Lore:
  • Playing with strangers

Notes: Don't forget to edit your post in the request forum as 'graded'. :)

Johanna :
Lore:
  • Thunder Bay: Pleasant, if you don't look too closely

General Notes: This is too small to award much, but here's what I can give you! :)
Ivory Heart Zintila The Constellations The Shinya
Council of Radiance (WIP) Star Gazing Gazette
Neologism
AS of Lhavit, DS of Zeltiva

Words: 621787
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 1:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)