Location Welcome Center and Employment Office

Looking for a steady income job? Apply here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

Postby Kaizar Hearthglen on June 15th, 2013, 12:54 pm

The young man stood in front of the welcome center door, he just stood there, thinking deeply to himself,
scratching his head, he took out a coin and talk to himself, "Well, heads then i go in, tails then i won't"
He toss the coin, and what did you expect? heads of course!

He groan to himself and thought "Before, i was living happily with my foster mom and dad, but now? i have to look for a job. Maybe it's time i learn about how to get a job on my own"

He entered the door, look around the room and realized there were a lot of people in line there. Realizing that he will have to wait a long time, so he decided to enter his form

Name: Kaizar Hearthglen
Race:Human
Relevant Skills: Rethoric,leadership,brawling
Preferred Employment: anything interesting
Expected Stay In Syliras: Permanent citizen of Syliras

Having finish filling out his form he looked up, "Where do these people comes from? a minute ago there were not this many people here"

He sighed, stood up and use his rethoric skill that he had cultivated in the past 10 years of his life.
And like a gambler knowing that he would win, he just talk and while moving and cutting line to the front of the secretary desk, handed his form smiled at the secretary and exit the door.

He exclaimed to himself "Know that's quite the easy bunch"
Kaizar Hearthglen
Player

Words: 14614
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2013, 10:53 pm
Race: Human

Postby Vassarka Oleander on June 15th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Vassarka strode into the rickety building that looked like it could use a fresh lick of paint, her boots clicking on the stone tiles that made up the floor. She glanced around disdainfully at the people in the office; nearly all of them looked tired and beaten-down. She was in need of a job, but these people just looked like they had come here for the handouts. There was a slight queue, and so Vassarka got into it, sighing impatiently and fiddling with her hair. Tapping her foot on the ground, she waited for the person in front of her to talk to the secretary. Eventually it was Vassarka's turn. "Good day." she said briskly to the woman behind the counter. "My name'sss Vassarka Oleander, and I'm going to be ssstaying in the city about...let'sss sssay a week." she paused to let the woman write that down. "I'd like a job in an apothecary, if you can get one, as I have some experienccce with poisssons, and I'd like to learn a little more." Vassarka smiled ever so slightly, showing the woman the merest glimpse of her sharp white teeth. "Do you have anything like that for me?"
Vassarka Oleander
Vassarka Oleander
Symenestra Traveller

Words: 14737
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2013, 8:06 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Accolade on June 15th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Trega called the next person up and looked over her sheet. Another entertainer it would seem. The old patron had been surprised to see so many entertainers in the city in the last two seasons, she could imagine the taverns must have been alive and well.

"Hello Nakuli Audeylae, how are you dear. I think for a person with your talents, you might find work in the Heralds Arms, Rearing Stallion, or even the White Swan lodge?"

"Rhuryc Naravane?" Trega said, glancing down to the sheet and back towards the man. "Might I know you?" she asked before moving on to check the sheet again. "Blacksmith or Armorer, or both? Aren't we ambitious?" she smiled with a chuckle.

"Alright, you may find what you are looking for at the Iron Works, or the Sultros Blades..or both?"

"Vladimir Beatrice." she called to the next in line. "You have an interesting set of skills here. Might you be interested in jobs at the Apothecary Shop, or maybe the Soothing Waters? I believe the Soothing Waters are in need of a Doctor."

"Kaizar Hearthglen." Trega said as she looked over the sheet. The man's skills with a bit odd when it came to the type of work he would be able to do. "I don't see anything that jumps out at me..maybe you would take work in a tavern, as a helper, or at the docks?"

"I'll be right with you dear.", Trega said to the Symenestran woman. "As soon as you fill out the form."
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kaizar Hearthglen on June 15th, 2013, 10:32 pm

As he handed his form, the patron read it, She showed a bit of an odd look in her face, and then she asked "I don't see anything that jumps out at me..maybe you would take work in a tavern, as a helper, or at the docks?"

Looking back at the secretary, he smiled and said "Tavern or docks? tavern"

And with that smile he walk toward the door and exit the building, and while talking to himself "Tavern huh? guess it's a part of my life already. Interesting, hope there will be a lot of interesting people"
Kaizar Hearthglen
Player

Postby Vladimir Beatrice on June 16th, 2013, 6:46 am

The Doctor is In

“A doctor needed at soothing waters you say?” Vladimir said, thinking about the position.

“Sure, I would love to work at soothing waters. Where do I sigh up? Keh heh heh” Vladimir said, rubbing his hand together.
Common - Thoughts - Maddness - Kontinese - Vani

NOTE TO EVERYONE!
I'm on temporary Hiatus due to final exams on there way. however, i will come on every now and then to answer posts and such. Sorry everyone
Vladimir Beatrice
The Lunatic Doctor

Words: 27178
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2013, 6:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on June 17th, 2013, 12:59 am

Trega waved the others a good bye as they left, and then turned her attention to those still standing around with questions.

Vladimir Beatrice

"Take this slip to the Soothing waters and they will get you started."
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Rhuryc on June 17th, 2013, 6:16 am

"Perhaps the name. My father worked as a smith for years, and I completed my apprenticeship at the Iron works." He bobbed his head as he spoke, returning the jovial exchange with the woman. "I'm interested in working with armor, perhaps blades to a lesser extent. Sultros, then?"
Rhuryc
Honorific

Words: 466305
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2010, 7:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaizar Hearthglen on June 17th, 2013, 12:19 pm

As he exited the building he stop in the middle of the road.

"Sayyyy, did i miss something?", While scratching his head. He check all of his pocket then realize that everything is there, he continued his walk.

He stopped again, "I don't have a good feeling about this", while scratching his head again, and then looking very confused.

"Ohhhhh!, i forget to get to ask how to apply for the job.", exclaiming to himself. Passerby look at him with odd faces.

He run back to the office and ask the secretary "Well i was just wondering, i left half of my heart here, have you seen someone with the other half of my heart?"

Well looking at the confused look of the secretary, he said "Well i was just joking, i was just coming back to ask, how could i apply for the job?"
Kaizar Hearthglen
Player

Postby Vladimir Beatrice on June 18th, 2013, 6:59 am

The Doctor is In

“Ah, Thank you” Vladimir said, taking the slip from the woman’s hand.

Vladimir gave the slip a quick look over then returned his gaze to the woman. “I guess I’ll be heading there now, thank you for your help” Vladimir said, waving the piece of paper.

Soon after, Vladimir followed the woman’s instructions, heading over to soothing water and handing in the slip of paper to the business.
Common - Thoughts - Maddness - Kontinese - Vani

NOTE TO EVERYONE!
I'm on temporary Hiatus due to final exams on there way. however, i will come on every now and then to answer posts and such. Sorry everyone
Vladimir Beatrice
The Lunatic Doctor

Words: 27178
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2013, 6:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Inayl on June 18th, 2013, 10:09 am

1th Summer 513

Inayl had spend the entire morning looking for his knight amidst this city of knights: he had walked silently throughout the city and had carefully looked at the eyes of every knight that passed by. The kind eyes were nowhere to be found.

By midday, he was hungry and as he was looking for a place to eat, he took a glance inside his satchel : '100 golden mizras, a season or two to find my knight, until I die in filth and poverty... Sweet knight, saviour knight, I will thank you... But I need more... more golden Mizras if I'm going to find you.'
He took a look to to his left, still plunged in thoughts, and recognized the main gate. He remembered how his parents used to come here for employment.
The office was a few houses further and as he entered the familiar building, he grabbed a form and started answering it's questions.

Name: Inayl
Relevant Skills: None...
Preferred Employment: ... Magic. I want to learn it, improve it, nothing illegal or dangerous ... just magic, while doing something for the community...
Expected Stay In Syliras: Resident

He had wanted to write down Morphing, the only relevant skill he could think of, to ensure getting a job where he would able to learn and study magic - if such a job even existed, within these city walls - but as he started writing, the memories of mistreated flesh and forced transformations started flooding his mind and long-past fears clouded his thoughts.
Shakingly he put down the quill and noticed his skills were incomplete, just like he was.

Still, he walked towards the smiling secretary and gave her his form:
'I'm looking for work ... Is there perhaps a mage in need of an apprentice...? Or is there some other ... magical work ... I can apply for?'
Last edited by Inayl on June 21st, 2013, 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Inayl
Player

Words: 21154
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2013, 11:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext