The Spider King's Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Poison on June 20th, 2013, 4:56 am

Iskessah, thank you for your post! I’m sure your transgendered friends are glad to have your support.

If you ever want to know more about it, feel free to approach me in chat or send me a PM!

As for how you would go about getting to know me better, well, I’m often in chat in the evening (GMT), and I also have AIM (which is in my profile).

Sosicly, I also thank you for your post! You are currently one of my favourite PCs in Kalinor. The city wouldn’t be the same without you. You are one of the main reasons it’s so active now!

I find it amazing how you all have reacted to my confession so far.

I was worried that people would just tell me to go away because I’m a freak or that I would become Leila #2 (somebody who lies about their identity) here on the forums.

I'm glad that this is not the case.
Poison
DS of Kalinor

Words: 432701
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2011, 7:28 pm
Race: Staff account
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gossamer on June 21st, 2013, 6:33 pm

I have come to you completely and utterly butthurt and offended Poison.

Today, in my PMs, someone called me a Tranphobe. Here's a little exert from the gem of a PM that was sent my way just because their concept didn't work with their race, something you yourself said publicly to said person in an intervention.

"I like assume that people in general are good. I think there is a lot of good inside of you, despite the fact that you want me dead because I'm transgender. Yes, I am used to people like you. I've been putting up with people like you all of my life, simply because I'm different. If I wasn't strong, then I would have broke a long time ago. I do not have a disorder because I am transgender, and I am not "screwed up" because I am transgender. I do not need professional help because I am transgender. Being transgender is perfectly ok and it is normal."

I have probably known the longest of anyone on this site (well maybe.. I'm not sure who else you talk to and trust) that you have been undergoing gender reassignment and have been making the transition from Alexis to Alex. I sometimes forget, and call you Alexis, because I've known you since 2006 and sometimes its hard to change the hardwiring in your brain to reassign someone a new name.

I still call Crystal David occasionally and she always hugs me, tells me its okay, and points out she has a better girlish figure then I do at my strapping 6'4" and her delicate 5'6".

But I have never ever cast judgement on others for whom they love, worship, what color their skin is, what's dangling or not dangling between their legs. The only thing I really hate is stupid and ignorant.... but that's not really even truth then. I feel bad for stupid and know ignorant is totally fixable. What I truthfully hate is those that don't take a stand, won't have an opinion.... I've scrapped about that publicly too.

And I'm sorry I'm making this post about me. I just needed to run to you today, hop on your lap, and beg for a hug because some mean hater called me a mean hater and its totally not true.

Beat them up for me?

*laughs and steals a hug*

Everyone here, getting back to you since enough about me already, loves you and knows how fair and generous your heart is. You have in the past worked your tail off for websites like this with little or no recognition. Even if no one noticed, I did. I know what kind of quality person you are. And I'm really glad to call you a friend.

And I agree with what you said to me in an earlier pm/post. We need to talk more.. hang out more... etc. I think we have a lot to offer the world and each other.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Paragon on June 22nd, 2013, 10:00 am

I've never spoken to you much, maybe on your PC account back in Denval, but you're nothing like "Leila", because you've always been Alex to us :) Everything's cool because you are who you are - don't ever worry that we'll think you're a freak or anything else. I think this playerbase is a lot more awesome than that! And even if some react differently, haters will hate, in whatever form. You've never been anything but real.

All the best,

Luke
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Poison on June 22nd, 2013, 2:14 pm

You are not a transphobe, Jen. That person just had a problem and couldn’t accept criticism …

Anyway, you were the one I told first because I felt like I could trust you. I had always admired you, even before Mizahar. I’ve also told a few others, a long time before I made a post on my Scrapbook, but that was only after you reacted positively to my confession …

I hate stupid and ignorant people as well, although I’m probably not as vocal about it as you are. I just try to make them less ignorant and stupid which unfortunately doesn’t always work out …

I thank your for your post. I’m glad that you appreciate me.

Paragon, no, we’ve unfortunately never talked a lot, but maybe there’ll be an opportunity for us to do so in the future as my Symenestra might be coming to Zeltiva now that the Spires is closed. Anyway, I’m glad that you think I’m nothing like Leila and that I’m not a freak.

You are right, the playerbase is awesome. I’ve never encountered a friendler and more open minded (and creative) internet community. I’ve really enjoyed being here these past two years.

Thank you too for your post.

P.S.: Look at the signature Shausha made for me!
Poison
DS of Kalinor

Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Shausha on June 23rd, 2013, 1:10 am

omg im hungryyyy
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Muaha...ahaha..ahahahah!!!
My signatures are everywhere. Soon, all of Mizahar will be under my control!

Alex, dude, nothin' "bad" about you. It seriously must suck feeling like you're in a costume that you can't take off.

You have my support and ear (someone in the distance shouts, "and my axe!") if you ever need someone.
Listen to me.
If. You. Ever. Need someone on your side. Hmmk?

Also, I just found this and it made me laugh WAY harder than I would like to admit.

Shausha
Is it the sun down yet?

Words: 99565
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2013, 7:28 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Poison on August 21st, 2013, 8:49 am

Kalinor

I’m really excited about Kalinor at the moment. Earlier this year the city was inactive, to the point that other moderators were beginning to notice it and comment on it. After they had voiced their concerns and made a few helpful suggestions, I decided to rewrite all the OOC resources and actively try to recruit new players for Kalinor. I also wrote up a few locations and created new NPCs.

Kalinor has never been more active than it has been this summer. Today I counted over 20 threads for the first time. It is still far below cities like Ravok, Zeltiva or Syliras (or Wind Reach) as far as activity is concerned of course, but I’m proud of it. I couldn’t imagine moderating in any other city.

The PCs of Kalinor are very dedicated to their city and actively helping me develop it. I’ve seen cities where this is not the case, so I want to take the opportunity to thank them for picking Kalinor and shaping it. It wouldn’t be what it is today without them. A city can only thrive if the PCs that live there care about it.

If they hadn't decided to give Kalinor a chance, I could have rewritten thousands of posts, but the city would still be dead.

In the last week I was able to add three new locations to Kalinor thanks to Dovinya and Viridae Kabre. Other PCs have created NPCs and animals, and even more locations are in the works. And my AS, Ensnare, is writing up a new location as well. Kalinor is turning from a dead place into a living city.

The PCs of Kalinor are very diverse. Not all of them are Symenestra. There are Zith in Kalinor that are interested in founding a colony somewhere in the caves and helping the Symenestra hunt. There is a human healer, and there are even people that are interested in playing surrogates.

Kalinor is amazing.
Poison
DS of Kalinor

Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Eida on August 21st, 2013, 9:07 am

I'm happy for you and Kalinor Poison! I love Kalinor and symenestras and that's probably ( I can't tell enough) because I love spiders! :D They are one of my favourite animal. I've seen you posted a lot in the matchmaker forum and when somebody came you always welcome them and ask everyone to welcome them. You also made a lot moderated threads for them! :) You have a little Kalinor family there. Now you even have an AS, and finally I started my flashback as I promised.

I hope Eida can visit Kalinor soon. She has even a child there she doesn't know about so it would be an interesting situation. Keep up the good work Kalinor, you guys rock!

Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on November 8th, 2013, 6:41 am

I have decided to participate in NaNo with my PC, Valerius. I started a day late and have been slightly sick throughout the week, so I’m a bit behind, but it won’t be impossible for me to catch up.

All those posts that I have made for Valerius this past week have made me think about him and what the future will bring for him again.

Valerius is incredibly stubborn and arrogant and has a lot of issues. He thinks that being rich and famous and powerful is more important than anything else, even his personal happiness, and he tries to kill off any undesirable feelings of his, but he is not stupid, at least not completely.

I think he could go either way.

Sometimes I think all he needs is a little push, somebody that reads his mind, that finds out his most intimate secrets and needs. I think he could go as far as distancing himself from everything he currently believes in. He believes that he loves Rhysol with all his heart, but he has never seen the darkest side of Ravok. If he overcame some of his issues, he could even become a (atypical and slightly dark and bitter) Syliran knight and fight his previous friends. He has just as much potential to join the other side, receive a mark from Rhysol, kill people without second thoughts and become an important member of the Black Sun.

I wish a moderator would work with me on that. I wish a moderator would help me determine Valerius‘ future and help him choose sides. If any moderator is reading this, feel free to mess with him, shatter his current beliefs or confirm them and convince him that Rhysol is a wonderful, loveable god. This is an open invitation. I want something to happen to him.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on November 10th, 2013, 8:21 pm

Well, I'm not a moderator, but I can certainly mess with you ;)

And if Alea doesn't get through to you, I don't think anything will :P

Three weeks man, just wait that long and we can get started :D
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on November 12th, 2013, 11:19 am

Dreams

Recently I discovered how much fun dream threads can be. I already have three, and I’m thinking about starting more. Dream threads provide a unique opportunity for character development. They are a means to experiment with future scenarios for my PC and meet people that he might otherwise never meet.

In the waking world Valerius is just the spoiled grandson of Sitanos Nitrozian, who dreams of conducting important, world changing experiments, but is really still only the assistant of his aunt. He is arrogant and vain, but does not yet possess real authority and is blind to a lot of things that are happening around him.

In his dreams he is always more, different. Sometimes he has white eyes, as if he has already been marked by Rhysol. Sometimes he is surrounded by Nuit, as if he hads already visited Sahova. And sometimes, in what he thinks are nightmares, he is in Syliras and has betrayed his god and his family.

In his dreams some of his greatest doubts and deepest wishes surface.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)