The Spider King's Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Ssafirarhysati on August 18th, 2012, 8:11 am

I was browsing through Yahoo news and I saw this and immediately thought of you, Kalinor, and the other Syms out there. Enjoy. :)
OOC Warning: I will pull no punches with this character. If you think you cannot handle mature themes, or do not like it entirely, please refrain from RPing with me. Storytellers, if I overstep any rules with my RP style please tell me asap. Thank you.
Ssafirarhysati
The Sadist

Words: 43081
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2011, 1:15 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Poison on August 21st, 2012, 7:58 am

I'm still incredibly busy, but things should get better by this weekend!

Rhysati, that spider looks awesome!
Poison
DS of Kalinor

Words: 432701
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2011, 7:28 pm
Race: Staff account
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on August 31st, 2012, 11:59 am

I felt like I was losing my grasp on Valerius recently (hardly posting for a month can have that kind of effect), so I wrote this here:

About Valerius

Or:

Mister Nitrozian has a lot of problems and should probably see a psychiatrist.*

1) People are disgusting. Valerius doesn’t want to be touched, and he doesn’t want to touch others either. He’s afraid he’ll get dirty. He’s afraid that he’ll catch a disease, and most of all he’s afraid that their mediocrity will rub off on him. Occasionally he’ll touch a person regardless, but there is a limit to how much physical contact he can bear.

2) Valerius doesn’t love anybody (but himself – and Rhysol of course). He will occasionally sleep with somebody to satisfy his urges (that he hates because they are distracting), but he doesn’t have and doesn’t want to have a relationship. He doesn’t care about other people enough to fall in love. He might eventually marry a woman and make little Nitrozians with her because that’s what’s expected of him, but he won’t be particularly attached to her (or the children).

If he stopped thinking about himself for a moment and changed his mind about some things, he’d probably fall in love with another man. While he occasionally sleeps with a woman to satisfy his urges, I can’t really picture him in a longterm relationship with one. Valerius prefers people that are physically similar to him (see #8 for more about Valerius vs. other people).

3) Valerius hates children. They are annoying, they are stupid, and they are highly illogical.

4) Valerius thinks he is the best. There is absolutely nothing that can shatter his self confidence.

5) Reputation is everything. When Tock kicked him in the groin, he was more worried that people would find out that he had been hurt by a woman and make fun of him than anything else. He also doesn’t want anybody to find out that he’s cleaning cages at the KRI even though that’s honest work (contrary to the other things he does).

6) Valerius is vain. He does what he can do maintain his good looks and always dresses expensively, even when he’s cleaning cages. He generally thinks people are disgusting, but old people are the most disgusting of all. They are ugly, often demented and not always in control of their bodily functions, and he hates all that. He never wants to be like that. He’d rather be dead than an old man. A few years from now he might actually start actively looking for a way to preserve his youth or even become some kind of undead (as long as he can limit the ugly side effects).

7) Valerius is a hard worker(!). While he doesn’t want anybody to find out what he’s really doing at the KRI and hates his job, he nevertheless gives his best. Mediocrity and half hearted attempts aren’t acceptable, no matter what you do. Besides, he hopes that his aunt will eventually realize just how great he is and promote him.

8) Valerius discriminates against (some) other races, women, handicapped people and homosexuals. Kelvic are stupid animals, Jamoura are ugly, Charodae are freaks, Symenestra are even bigger freaks, and Konti are all lesbians. Women are fine as long as they wear dresses and act like women (or rather like what Valerius thinks women should act like), but he has a problem with self confident women that wear pants and don’t care that he’s a Nitrozian. Handicapped people are ugly and disgusting, and homosexuals are even more disgusting. Cheva may mark them, and they may be more or less accepted in Mizahar, but they are a minority. Valerius dislikes minorities and doesn’t want to be part of one.

9) Valerius doesn’t get drunk, and he doesn’t do drugs. He wants to have himself under control at all times. Besides, frequent use of drugs and alcohol makes you ugly and stupid.

10) Valerius loves sweets. Preferrably from Yae Varone’s.

11) Valerius loves foreign languages. He speaks Nader-canoch and Arumenic and wants to learn more languages. He also absolutely loves secret codes and complicated riddles.

12) Valerius loves big dogs.

13) Valerius can be extremely persuasive (partly because he has a lot of money).

14) Most of the time Valerius treats his slaves fairly(!). But if they do something wrong or disobey, the punishment will be extremely severe.

15) To Valerius Rhysol is the only god that matters. All of Mizahar should worship him. Rhysol is awesome!

16) Valerius has no sense of humor, and he doesn’t want to have a sense of humor either. He never makes jokes. Only stupid people make jokes.

17) Valerius has a nice voice and can sing well, he just doesn’t sing very often. As far as he is concerned, a man like him isn’t supposed to sing stupid songs (even if he may enjoy it), but sit back, drink a glass of very expensive red wine and listen to other people’s singing.

18) Valerius is somewhat artistically inclined. At least his handwriting is beautiful. He never scribbles something down, he always paints – slowly, even – no, especially – if you are getting impatient.

19) Valerius dislikes violence. He’ll occasionally slap somebody or torture his slaves in creative, brutal and somewhat perverted ways, but he doesn’t really fight. He’s never participated in a brawl. If he’s mad at you, he’s more likely to try and convince you of his point of view and look at you coldly than hit you. Using his superior intelligence just has more style. Of course all people will see his point given enough time.

20) Valerius is only nice to you if he wants something from you.

*He actually went to see a psychiatrist (or the Mizaharian equivalent thereof) once because his sister threatened to reveal all his dirty, little secrets, but instead of getting treatment he convinced the psychiatrist to write a letter in which he suggested that his sister receive treatment because she claimed Valerius – the most normal man of all – was insane. So sending Valerius to a psychiatrist may not be of much use after all.

P.S.: I will probably do a post like that for my other PCs as well sometimes.
P.S.2: No, Valerius isn't a particularly nice person.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Veldrys on September 4th, 2012, 7:49 am

Veldrys and Lucette.

Lucette, Veldrys lover since sometimes last year, retired, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now. I'm slowly making plans for Veldrys' future - I still want him to become a priest of Viratas and maybe attract Rak'keli's attention as well, and I want him to meet new poeple - but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to react to Lucette's disappearance.

Do I acknowledge it at all? Or do I simply pretend that she's somewhere in the forest, hunting, while Veldrys is working as a doctor? Do I have him break down and cry because she's gone feral, ran off and will never come back? Vow that he'll never be with anybody again because it only hurts and they'll end up leaving you anyway? Eventually have him find love again?

What would you do if the most important person in your PC's life suddenly retired? If you are reading this and have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.
Veldrys
Player

Words: 401625
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Siiri on September 4th, 2012, 8:46 am

Can you request for her to be turned into an NPC - an NPC you can use?

I've considered the above for Miharu myself. It's hard, losing an important character in your PC's life, especially if it's so tied to your character that their absence leaves your own PC incomplete as well, as if they've lost an arm or a leg.

Ultimately, I've decided to just write off Miharu in one of my threads. MIA. Hoping her player would come back, maybe. But if she doesn't, well, I just have to write Siiri dealing with that loss.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Veldrys on September 6th, 2012, 7:58 pm

I don't think I can request that. Lucette's already retired, and Mizahar PM and chat were the only means for me to contact her player.

I suppose I'll have to make a solo about her leaving and Vel dealing with the loss. :(
Veldrys
Player

Words: 401625
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on September 6th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Me in other games.

I recently discovered Eve Online. It probably has the best character creator of all the games I've ever played. I've never seen characters that realistic looking before.

There are countless options (that I'm still trying out - the guy on the right is just my first attempt and far from perfect).

My Guild Wars 2 warrior has abnormally wide shoulders and a tiny head, and the faces in Guild Wars 2 somehow all look similar.

And in Second Life male avatars seem to have the choice between very young and kind of androgynous looking and overly masculine and ugly.

Anyway, what's the point of this post?

There are actually games I play besides Mizahar, and I've realized that I love shooting spaceships even more than playing Guild Wars 2 which I just got two weeks ago.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 6th, 2012, 8:22 pm

LIfe outside of Mizahar? *Gasp* WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE YOU'RE SPOUTING!?!

I do have to say though... My what handsome avatars you have!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on September 18th, 2012, 11:13 am

In one of my last posts I wrote about how Valerius finds people disgusting and isn't really attracted to anybody but himself, but my dear PC informed me that this not the case. He is perfectly fine in the company of other people as long as they are attractive and have good manners (if they are rich and/or influential it's an added bonus), and he has even been attracted to some (I was right about him not currently being in a relationship though). He also isn't always mean, and he definitely isn't insane, thank you very much. Everybody else is insane. Apparently my newest PC is beginning to develop a mind of his own.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 18th, 2012, 3:14 pm

Don't you love it when your PC reaches out and ahem... corrects you?
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

PreviousNext