Isolde Seibold {Plotnotes}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Isolde Seibold on April 26th, 2013, 7:06 am

Not much to put here now, yet. But just to keep these in mind:
  • Yukmen (land).
  • Otani (sea).

First thing's first:
  • Temple of All Gods. Request info on deities (Kihala, Rak'keli, Tavasi, Xhyvas, and Lhex). Later.
  • Book on humanoid monsters. Visit a bookshop, Syliras? Morphing, too. Other magics? Paramagic would be useful for better control and understanding of djed, probably. And Magecraft, because that could be useful later on. Glyphs, too. Later, too. Though she does have the job at Undeniable Interests, now, so she should be able to learn some things.
  • She apparently needs a magic teacher. Not likely to find one easily in Syliras. Perhaps that can be a topic of study in Zeltiva.
  • Transportation to Sahova, someday. More likely she'll end up in Zeltiva in the University, first... eventually. Which is good, since I'm pretty certain it's right across the water from Sahova.

Memories I may want to do threads on someday:
  • Fortune teller
  • Wynry and the wooden sword
  • More complete one for the daek-Nuit and Caves
  • Stuff with Piper and the Burned Man, of course (Reimancy, Morphing threads, esp. for XP)
  • The girl-- Margot, Margaret, Margo, Marnie, Marigold?
  • Other things that I've no doubt forgotten

Random Quests:
  • Figure out stuff about her past...? (WAAAY on the side)
  • Alternative body stuff-- including related magic (back-burner, for now)-- Animation. Or some sort of construct, like a homunculus?
  • Fire magic (main-ish)
  • Visit the North (once more, WAAAY WAAAY on the side)
  • Deities (and again, WAAY)
Last edited by Isolde Seibold on June 22nd, 2013, 3:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Words: 434086
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 3:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Isolde Seibold on May 7th, 2013, 10:44 pm

Spring 513 Threads:
Last edited by Isolde Seibold on August 19th, 2013, 2:53 am, edited 9 times in total.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 4th, 2013, 3:17 pm

In response to the Bronze Woods thread with Kouri:
1.) Kale had been a wizard, food for thought.

2.) Stronger practice of magics, set up a thread somewhere.
Did this, now do it again. Is there anyone she could practice with? Are there any willing teachers in town? Will she be forced to save up and head over to Zeltiva, and from there(?) Sahova?

3.) Get those books and start studying.
OKAY SO BOOKS ARE A BIT EXPENSIVE (at least for Isolde, they are). Got a job at Undeniable Interests instead. Have the ability to copy books for her own personal use, IF she pays for the materials (the ink and template) AND if it's done on her own time.

4.) Kind of unrelated, but start practicing with the dagger.

5.) More with Kouri/Rena?
Sorta did this, has to see where it leads.
And there's that thread with Anders still going on.

Summer might be geared towards making Isolde stronger; able to protect herself.
Last edited by Isolde Seibold on June 25th, 2013, 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 19th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Summer 513 threads:

Work five days a week, so if my calculations are correct, that leaves... 23 days left open for threading ((1-(5/7))*(91-10)) 17 days left open for threading ((1-(5/7))*(91-10-22)), and since she works from like 7th bell to 17th bell, with a bell-and-a-half break at 13th bell... well, any extra threads can be worked into those days between those open times, if necessary. Probably won't be necessary. My Nuit is NOT that busy.
Currently 10/17 taken.

*Note: Any new threads created between the 7th and the 14th should mention having a dull headache (from mild overgiving in the Reimancy thread).

*Note: Any new threads created after the 20th and before, let's say... the 73rd the 63rd should mention Isolde's bad shoulder, muscle aches, perhaps her two littlest fingers on her left hand, etc. She's also got that rip in her hood from the knife-slashing thug in the Night Watchers thread.

EDIT: Isolde's body was destroyed on the 63rd. She will be unable to participate in any threads from that date to about the 85th (give or take a few days), due to getting a new body and all that jazz. Any threads after that need to mention a new body, so that any recurring PCs will know that this is not the same body as last time.

EDIT II: Okay, so Isolde will still be going to her job throughout that period. Can do job threads, then. Nothing else.
Last edited by Isolde Seibold on August 19th, 2013, 2:52 am, edited 31 times in total.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 22nd, 2013, 1:39 pm

- Carrion Limb
- Blue Whinnis (preferred short-term)
- Pillowsap (preferred long-term)*
- Close Call
- Isurian Hammer

*Well, depending on the state of slumber. If not, Blue Whinnis should suffice, and it's much more cost-efficient. Perhaps the effects could be diluted, so that the person is not effected for such a long amount of time, mere chimes instead of bells.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 22nd, 2013, 5:21 pm

So I know this Plotnotes is very disorganized and a lot of repetition of the same goals, so let's prioritize!

1. First and foremost, training with the dagger. It's the most legal, most immediate source of safety for poor defenseless Isolde. Perhaps Razkar will teach her enough to get her going. I'm thinking there might be others willing to teach her, too, perhaps one or more of the Squires, or even Shiress or Hadyn (I think Hadyn knows how to use a dagger...?). It would be awesome if she could figure out a place to practice that was not the Fighter's Pit. It's likely she'll be unwelcome there (epecially when Razkar isn't there to babysit her and frighten off all the random, vaguely threatening NPC's and background people). I really don't know how Gerard Anthonius feels about Nuits.

EDIT: Training with the dagger put on hold. Turns out that it makes Isolde kinda crazy (plus it beats up her body) and she doesn't like that. And also she can't really afford it for the remainder of the Summer.

2. Poisons. Unsavory, yes, but definitely a winning supplement to Isolde's nonexistent (so far) dagger skills. If she can get good enough to nick someone with a poisoned dagger (not that she would ever, ever consider really harming someone with poison; there are, instead, poisons that cause brief bouts of weakness and unconsciousness) she could then beat a hasty retreat (assuming I up her Running/Agility skill, but then again it's not like she has to much worry about endurance) and the fight would practically be over before it began. These poisons would only be used on someone who was attacking her in earnest, intending to harm her/kill her. Looking to Ninus to be something of a Professor Snape for her (along with NPC & boss, Dominac Ariva, who can teach her Philtering), or he might be able to at least introduce her to poisons in general, perhaps she can get some background information from him, if he's willing to cooperate with her... though I'm wondering how unlikely it'll be that they'll get along well. Ninus is kinda insane (more insane than Isolde, in a more destructive sort of way), Prince of Rats and all, and I have to say that a walking-around dead body like Isolde is probably not too fond of the little creatures. I have no idea how he would react to her. We'll have to see, if he agrees to thread.

Regardless, poisons have one other benefit. Even if someone managed to wrestle her poisoned weapon away from her, or if somehow the incompetent little Nuit managed to cut herself... well, most poisons don't really work on a dead body, whose organs won't be affected, whose circulation is nonexistent. Isolde's pretty much safe from her own poison being used against her.

A random thought... are there poisons to affect a Nuit's ichor? Could Isolde research/create something like that? I know that seems rather stupid, a Nuit creating a poison like that... but poisons are interesting, after all, and the demand for something like that might be substantial. Plus, there's always people like Fallon who could use something like that.

3. On the topic of self-defense, this one is definitely something to look into, though it's also risky in Syliras: magic. Specifically, Reimancy. I've already done a thread on this and am waiting for it to be graded, but there's never too much to be learned, or practiced, especially with a Nuit who doesn't sleep and has eternity (well... if she manages to survive that long) stretching out before her. Multiple projects are good for the Nuit so that she keeps moving, keeps feeling, keeps hold of her humanity.

4. Speaking of which, then there's her studies (her purpose in living, after the initial quest to become able to protect herself from threats and move safely within society). I'm thinking Animation is of highest interest, currently. She met Coud that once, with his little doll, and that's certain to be inspiring. Also... Pycons (thinking of Piper, here, so she already has past experience with the little guys). If the Nuit could have her way, she would somehow turn herself into a sort of Pycon, which probably deals with Animation, and certainly that would be a topic of study in Zeltiva. That's no closer to being alive, at least not how she wants to be, but it is a way to exist without the necessity of stealing bodies. She, of course, would not be a normal Pycon, at least I don't think so... but it might be interesting to see if the eternal soul of a Nuit could inhabit some sort of specialized construct, created specifically for that purpose.

5. Probably long before she's good enough to deal with all that Animation/Not-So-Evil Genius/Research stuff, she'll need viable access to more bodies (especially if she'll be practicing with the dagger-- she'll be likely to be cut, and she can't be leaking ichor all over the place). It really disturbs her that she's living in someone else's 'shell', especially since her presence is unwanted. That's why I propose the 'Nuit Body Exchange' or whatever the name of it could be. Wouldn't it be interesting if a Nuit could be... welcomed to use a particular body? Like... if the person, before they died, said that she could have access, then that would be much preferable. Now I know that is highly, highly unlikely but really... if
    • One, the person had reassurance that the Nuit inhabiting their body would not interfere with their soul's progress after death (i.e. that the Nuit would not inhibit them from proceeding into the next life),
    • Two, the person knew that their body would be well taken care of, and they submitted willingly, similar to donating their body to science (except more Nuit-y), AND
    • Three, their family was given some sort of compensation, such as gold to continue on without their loved one (almost like life insurance), or protection by an organization, or assistance in their business (hey, this could even be good for the economy), or whatever other favors/funds that could be arranged before the death of the body-benefactor, THEN wouldn't this process be a lot more... acceptable. If everyone benefits...

Okay, I have to note this because I don't think I've made it clear, and I don't want to forget (though, really, that's unlikely, but still it's good to have it down)... the donors would absolutely not be slaughtered for their bodies. No, that is not what this is. More likely, it would be the people who knew they were going to die and were willing to try to join in this exchange for the sake of the loved ones being left behind.

Example one: A man who is traveling as part of a caravan, is somehow injured (though not to the point that is body is incapable of habitation), and knows that he is going to die. He could be offered the chance to be part of the Exchange, and so he knows that his family will be given the gold they need to launch their small-time business without him, or relocate, or whatever.

Example two: A person who was sickly (again, an illness that would not ravage the body to the point that they could no longer be inhabited by the soul of a Nuit) who knew they were going to die, and would participate for similar reasons.

Example three: An older person on the brink of death, who wants to give a greater inheritance to the people he's going to be leaving behind, or perhaps wants to pay for the education of his niece, or, I don't know, ensure that his myriad of cats gets to proper homes and are well taken care of, instead of being cast into the streets and/or cooked up into kitty burgers.

Example four: This one is slighty more evil, but I'm just saying... a person that has no point in living, and whose death would benefit their loved ones. Say, perhaps, a slave could give up their body for enough gold to purchase the freedom of their remaining family.

Example five: Also perhaps more evil, but what can you do? Especially relevant in Syliras, if those being executed for crimes against the city by the Knights could be killed efficiently (more efficiently than beheading or whatever they do-- drowning would be accepting, or other sorts of suffication, or certain poisons, probably, among other way... macabre, I know, but a Nuit's entire life is macabre so shut up about it)... they could be given the option to donate their bodies so that their loved ones could benefit, or perhaps buy the amnesty of the Knights for a comrade (unlikely, but perhaps the Knights would be willing to banish a few people for the sake of the Exchange... hah, hah, this whole idea is laughable but I will not give up hope until it's dragged screaming from my arms).

Example six: Almost like life insurance, like a said before, a person (any person) could sign up for this process, so that in case they died suddenly they would be able to still participate. Like, uh, might be useful for mercenaries, or others who live dangerous lives and have dangerous jobs, or uh, even for normal people who might suddenly fall ill, be murdered, have some sort of accident, or whatever.

Example seven: I'm all out of ideas for now, but really, you see the applications.

Example eight: And this one is really kind strange, and also not exactly the same as the others. I wonder if there would be a way to uh... to like, grow bodies with rudimentary souls (souls without personalities, or ideas, or self-image, like coma-souls) that could then be replaced with Nuit-y souls. So then, like... well... I mean, people couldn't be angry about a Nuit taking a body that was grown specifically for them, could they? I think this example deserves to be highlighted, so bold type AWAAAAY!

I'm not saying that this idea for the 'Nuit Body Exchange' is even plausible... but if an organization could be launched by someone it would really be a step between helping the Nuits become accepted in regular society, and quit will all that 'demonizing, body-snatchers' nonsense. Also, it would make Isolde feel better about herself, and gods know that she needs it. It could really work like insurance, especially for the people who signed up for it 'just in case'... they could pay like, a seasonal fee, and then, upon their death, there could be two options: One, their body is unusable, at which time the Mizas they saved up (plus interest?) would go to their families, or could be exchanged for favors or whatever was needed, within reason... or Two, their body is usable, in which case they would donate their body and the saved-up coins would go to their families (along with interest?) AND they would get some sort of extra bonus, like a couple hundred extra gold Mizas or something. Still working on who would fund this (one poor little Nuit alone will probably not be able to, and it's not like it's exactly an institution that would rack in the gold) but if only this idea could work...

Perhaps in exchange for the body the Nuits would perform some service, or hand out some gold and they could be given a mark or paper declaring that their body was given freely and legally. Hah, this is sounding crazier and crazier, but I think at least some Nuits would be willing to participate, and also if the paper/mark whatever given to them would discourage others from harming them... affording the Nuit a measure of protection and a good PR (public relations, of course) with the whole of society... then that might be worth something to them.

Though honestly, most Nuits probably wouldn't care. But Isolde would definitely do this.

How to inquire about such a thing, though? Would she go to the Knights? Would she go to the big-name NPC's of the city? Would she go to that special Council of Nine? Or simply inquire at the Employment Office, asking for a name she could go to, for a person higher up? Perhaps the Temple would be the place to start, since obviously the Exchange would have to deal with religious festivities and preparations and questions and such. Who knows?

Perhaps the Temple is the best place to start. Plus, she's likely not be to attacked outright for her (perhaps blasphemous) way of thinking, there.

But where to start?

6. Zeltiva. Studying Reimancy, Morphing, Animation, other magics, Philter, Poisons, and even Ghosts... jeez, this Nuit just doesn't know when to stop being interested in stuff. Obviously she's going to end up in Zeltiva at some point. And most likely Sahova, too. ((I wonder what the Sahovan Nuits would think of her Body Exchange. I'm thinking they wouldn't see a point for it, considering that they have their own supply of bodies. How do they get those bodies, though? Through perfectly legal means, or do they just take whatever (and whomever) they want? If they get them legally, if the bodies are given willingly, perhaps Isolde could hook up with them to get her own bodies, and the Exchange wouldn't be necessary.))

7. Religion. That's always on the back-burner. Isolde doesn't believe that the gods love her (either because of the crimes she committed in life, or because she's a Nuit, take your pick) but she grew up in a family (especially under the tutelage of her mother ) that really loved their chosen gods (especially Tavasi), and was pretty religious her entire life. So that's really had an effect on her. If only she could reintroduce herself to religion, but so far it's been too hard to open up to someone who she thinks hates her. Eventually she'll probably get herself right again. It'll be interesting to see where she goes from there.

8. Fubuki Kouri and Rena should probably be higher on this list, perhaps right up at the top, right around bullet three. She knows she needs to help them (though really, she doesn't know the half of it). I'm hoping Anders (resident Spiritist) can give her some insight into ghost psychology and whatever else is necessary.

Coming across a Spiritist really raises some other uncomfortable questions that Isolde doesn't really want to think about. But is it even possible not to? Could she... could she contact Wynry? Or-- or Vaughn? Her long-lost family? The thought that she might see them again, or hear their voices, long faded in her memory... wow, that is so upsetting and unbalancing. I hope we don't go there, for the sake of her sanity. How many times can a heart be broken before it's no longer possible to bear the pain?

9. I really feel like I'm forgetting something vital (too many things, ugh, good thing this chick lives forever because seriously). I'm just going to throw in the last stuff, considering that they are just vague ideas floating around in Isolde's head... First, she wants to visit the North. Second... where the heck is that petching diary? Something has been bugging her about it, she can feel some sort of... of understanding coming over her, but she just can't find it. And if she can't find it, she can't figure out what exactly is bugging her about it. So annoying!

10. Oh, okay. I might have remembered something. Uh... NPC rehabilitation. Find tricksy people who are down on their luck and foster them into being productive citizens. Might end up with a gnosis mark, so perhaps this should go with religion... but this is long, long in the future, most likely, unless an NPC crops up unexpectedly.

Aaaaand... fin. Jeez, that got long. Stupid Body Exchange. Also, I know that it is completely likely that one little Isolde will not be able to accomplish everything on here, and especially not immediately. So here's to hoping that no more bullets get added, and some eventually get crossed off!
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

AND START

Postby Isolde Seibold on March 6th, 2015, 4:49 am

Okay, sorta restarting this plotnotes, a little.

SPRING 515 AV

Not much planned, currently, though that might change as I go on. There are the old interests (poison/herbalism, medicine, magic/reimancy), though I think it would be good to get Isolde something to care for, like a pony. So add animal husbandry and possibly horse riding and stuff to the list. Mostly that'll be something to keep her sane.

Isolde's no longer interested in up-close fighting. No more dagger lessons, really. It's way too stressful for her. Don't want her to snap.

Gods, it sounds like she's teetering on the edge. I don't want to make it sound that way, but maybe she is, who knows. Anyway, we'll see how it goes!

EDIT: Okay, so just to make an easy-to-glance at list of interested things:
  • Poison and Herbalism
  • Medicine (plus looking to earn a Rak'keli gnosis, if possible)
  • Animal Husbandry (esp. bird and horse) and Horse Riding
  • Archery and/or Throwing Daggers(?)
  • Reimancy (both earth and air), while earning lore in Geology
  • Art (esp. sculpture and carving, though perhaps poetry as well)
  • Possibly joining the Knights (as a mage squire) and trip to Abura
    • IF joining the Knights, then starting the squire skill requirements AND starting to study Construction (esp. of roads) and Cartography
    • Also perhaps try to get a PC patron?
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes