Completed [The Docks] Svefra and Nuit.

(Edreina).

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Docks] Svefra and Nuit.

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 7th, 2013, 8:53 pm

{3rd of Summer, 513 AV
10th bell}

The Nuit sat at the end of a dock, skirt pulled back from her legs, jacket sleeves for once rolled up, feet bare. Her boots sat beside her, old dusty brown things just about ready to fall apart. She had a hand shoved into one of her vest pockets, scrabbling around for the pieces of stale bread and dried meat she knew were floating around in there, somewhere. An expectant white bird, sleek and pretty with a bright beak and black-tipped wings, hopped from foot to foot beside her, completely unconcerned for its own well-being and waiting impatiently for a snack.

Very impatiently. Apparently the Nuit wasn't moving fast enough for the bird's tastes. The gull waddled forward to nip at the Nuit's knuckles, beak flashing against pale skin, though not hard enough to leave a mark or puncture the fragile flesh. Despite the creature's rudeness, Isolde smiled faintly, batting a hand at him to keep him away. The bird jostled back a few steps, giving out an indignant caw. "Just hold on a minute," the Nuit muttered. There had to be at least some crumbs in here, if not something bigger... Aha. Finally her fingers closed around a chunk of old bread and the Nuit fished it out, tossing it into the water off the end of the dock. The pesky bird flapped its way hungrily down, gobbling up the tidbit whole before turning its ruddy gaze back up to her. "You have got to be kidding me," the Nuit mumbled, "You're fat enough already! Go on! Get!" But the bird simply stayed where it was, floating softly on the waves, and the Nuit was glad. He gave her something to look at, something to think about, other than the flat blue expanse in front of her.

If it wasn't for the birds, she wouldn't have stayed. She didn't like the ocean. Yes, it was beautiful, with the waves reaching up and the sky reaching down, clasping hands at the horizon. And all of it in the prettiest shade of blue, like Wynry's eyes when she was happy and smiling. But that didn't disguise the fact that all it was was a whole lot of water. And the Nuit didn't like the thought of a whole lot of water. Because the Nuit couldn't swim.

Really, it was stupid of her to be so close to the end of the dock. Really, if she was smart she wouldn't even be on the dock, but rather back a ways, perhaps even at home where it was definitely safe. But the birds kept her here, and the warmth of Syna's rays on her pale, dead flesh. Between those two things, the Nuit was simply bathing in good memories. Because Vaughn had loved birds to the point that Isolde had grown to love them, and because Vaughn had always, always been like fire to the Nuit. He flickered in and out of her mind as she crossed her ankles, knitting her fingers together, inhaling the salty, somehow sweet ocean air.

And then the seagull exploded from the water back onto the dock, long wings spraying the Nuit with large droplets of seawater, and she burst out with an oath, squabbling with the fearless, hungry bird as many of the docksmen looked on and shook their heads disapprovingly. Hadn't that strange woman known not to encourage the pest?

"Fine, fine, I give up!" The Nuit cried, jerking her arms away from the flapping, raving bird to shove them, once more, deep into her pockets... and then there was a sploosh like a rock being dropped into the water. The Nuit froze, the bird scrabbling around behind her back, nudging at her elbows. No. That noise. It couldn't have been. Dreading what she knew to be true, the Nuit turned slowly to look. One of her boots was gone. She snatched at the other one, griping it tightly to her chest, and leaned a bit to look over the side of the docks. A dark shape was slowly, delicately sinking down, blurring around the edges the further down it sank, until it was gone. "Shyke," she muttered, and the bird squawked behind her, still hoping for more food. "No, no, go away," she mumbled irritably to him, before whirling and giving him a hard look, one hand grasping the boot tightly, the other placed against her hip, elbow cocked out. The creature was completely unperturbed by her change in tone and posture. It nipped again at her fingers, begging for more scraps. "No, don't think you're getting anything more from me!" the Nuit said, rather loudly, earning more glances, "This is your fault! What am I supposed to do with only one boot? I can't-- go get-- it." The Nuit's face contorted into an expression that clearly read Why me? She turned, ignoring the gull once more, shifting to sit on her knees, the better to peer down at the water below.

How deep was the water right here, anyway? The Nuit shuddered at the thought of climbing down and trying to actually get the boot back, but she was hard pressed to figure out what else to do. Well. Besides abandon it. But it wasn't like she was swimming in Mizas. She needed to conserve them for her studies. So was abandoning the boot really an option?

OOCNot really brooding, but this is what I came up with. ^^' Sorry if it wasn't what you expected! And sorry if it seems a bit rusty! ^^'
Last edited by Isolde Seibold on June 24th, 2013, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Words: 434086
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 3:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Edreina on June 10th, 2013, 5:44 am

It was a beautiful day, captivatingly beautiful. The gulls screamed their pleasure as Syna's rays danced over their ivory feathers, uninhibited by even a single cloud. Well. There was one, just barely over the horizon. Perhaps it had not received the memo. Cerulean met eton blue at the thin line of the horizon as sea and sky attempted to embrace the beauty of one another.

But Edreina saw none of this. Her vision was filled with a blue that faded to black the further out she looked in one direction, and a stony gray in the other as it lapped against the piers. Barnacled ship bottoms swayed back and forth soundlessly, suspended weightlessly. The Goldengrotto would probably need to be scraped sometime soon, she realized. She surfaced only long enough to catch her breath before diving once again, stretching out her land-weary muscles. It felt amazing for her to be back in the water, back in her element. The cool water reinvigorated her, soothed her, and even brought her a joy that anyone without a passion in life would be unable to comprehend.

She was practicing a new stroke today, one that she rarely used when starting from a standstill. Usually, she would push off of something and use this stroke to continue to capitalize upon the exponential spurt of momentum and speed. But, it could be very difficult to manage unless you were already moving. Taking a deep breath, the woman ducked back beneath the gentle waves of this nearly windless day and arched her body so that she became horizontal, facing the unseen sea floor. Arms tucked against her sides, she began the motion with a powerful nod of her head. In the weightlessness of water, the motion carried through to her chest where a quick flex of her abdomens and a powerful downstroke with her feet had her slice forwards through the water as cleanly as a fish. But, it was not as smooth as it could have been. Perhaps a fish with arthritis. She needed to work on the timing of each contraction of her muscles, make the flow between sources of power more fluid.

It would take more time to perfect. More practice. More-

Boot?

Edreina nearly hit the boot that floated down towards her. But what was it doing there? Edreina paused in her practicing to take hold of the boot before it attempted to tread across the sea floor. Perhaps someone lost it? Nearly out of breath, anyway, Edreina began to paddle towards the glinting surface, boot in tow. Breaching with a mighty gasp, Edreina used her free hand to whip a tangle of red away from her face. Before her was one of the many piers, absolutely unremarkable with its simple gray stone, covered in simple green algae. But sitting upon it, stooped over the water, was an odd figure. She was shockingly pale with a contrasting mane and eyes. It gave Edreina pause, just long enough for her curiosity to kick in.

"This yours?" She asked with a grin, holding the boot aloft.
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 10th, 2013, 6:47 pm

The only warning Isolde had was the shift of a bright blur beneath the blue before a person broke the surface in a splash of water and bubbles, over a little to her right, gasping in a great gulp of air. The Nuit lurched back in surprise, fingers clutching even tighter at her last boot. Even the gull stopped complaining to peer over at the girl, cocking its head back and forth, ruffling its wings. Isolde's first impression was of a shock of bright red hair, smooth and shining from the touch of the water, and of what looked to be thousands of freckles spotting across her face and the parts of her shoulders that Isolde could see poking out of the water. For a moment she was reminded forcefully of Kale and his freckles, stretching the length of the bridge of his nose and from ear to ear, with her favorite one sitting comfortably at the corner of his earlobe.

"This yours?" The girl's hand came up from the water and the Nuit leaned back a little further with the movement, wary. And then a water-logged brown boot appeared, dripping and worn and ugly, and the Nuit leaned abruptly forward again, the look of surprise never leaving her face. It was a miracle. The boot had come back to her. With the help of this... Svefra, the Nuit thought uncertainly, eyes going back to the girl's grinning face. Yes, she was a Svefra, wasn't she? The Nuit wasn't good at recognizing many of the races, but she had known Piper the ex-pirate Pycon, and Piper had known a whole lot of Svefras from the years he had spent at sea.

And then the Nuit realized that she was just staring at the girl, and forced herself to come back to the conversation. "O-Oh. Oh, yes. Th-That's-- mine." Her voice was a little shaky, the usual quiver from talking to a stranger, and from this surprise meeting. "Th-Thank you. For-- for bringing it u-up. I-- I thought I'd lost it." She reached a hand out and down towards the girl, leaning a bit over the water to get the boot, gripping so hard onto the edge of the pier that her knuckles stood out even whiter than the rest of her pale skin. A mixture of nerves and curiosity mingled in her voice as she asked, "But-- what were you doing down th-there?" Even if this girl was a Svefra... they didn't just swim around all day, did they? Surely not...

The Nuit had never used to dislike the water, not when she had been alive. But an accident during training with the Burned Man when she had first became a Nuit had been enough to keep her out since. She remembered the darkness, down at the bottom, and the heavy feeling of her body, the lungs full of water. It wasn't that she had drowned... someone like her didn't use air the same way as a normal, living, breathing person. But it had just been so heavy, the water pressing on her from all sides, filling her mouth and nose, blocking out the light so that all there was was deep green and murky, black shapes all around. Not knowing which way was the right way to go, and not being able to swim up, and the damned fish getting close and nudging her with their hungry, dull mouths, and all she could see of them had been quick silver snatches when the light managed to reach down far enough to glint off their slimy scales...

The Nuit blinked, and realized that she had withdrawn her hand without actually taking the boot from the girl. The memory had risen up and hit her unexpectedly; she found that her body had shrunk back from the edge, unwilling to relive that experience. If it had not been for the Burned Man... Isolde shuddered to think. Would she had been eaten alive by the fish? Or would she have grown bloated with water, wandering and lost in the dark, eventually growing weak and finally dying, buried beneath the waves?

But no. Now was not the time for that. She needed to reach out to get the boot. Suddenly it was so hard to get close to the edge. Her limbs didn't want to listen to her commands to move forward, to her self-reassurances that it would be fine. Suddenly, it was ridiculous that she had come out onto the pier of her own volition. She shouldn't be near deep water. The Burned Man wasn't here. If she fell, if she was pushed, who would help her now? She shouldn't have come out to the edge... It was the petching bird's fault. She had seen him heckling some sailors, getting so close to them that they could have reached out and stroked his fine, white feathers, and so she had been coaxed to come out and say hello. And now here she was. Letting her fear get the better of her, again.

To the girl in the water --who was probably wondering what in the world was wrong with this strange woman-- the Nuit said, by way of apology and explanation, "I-I'm sorry. I just... well, I don't... do well. With-- with the w-water." She tried to smile, but it probably looked awful on her face.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Edreina on June 17th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Edreina watched as the figure on the deck was seized by some sort of memory, drifting away to the point that her hand began to float back towards the rest of her body. The Svefra knew the look, often sinking into a reverie herself when something slight managed to spark her memories. Her brother had often resorted to splashing her with crisp Suvan water in an attempt to summon her back to the realm of the living.

When she blinked, Edreina realized that she had returned. My arm's getting tired... The Svefra thought with mild annoyance, having continued to offer the boot.

"I-I'm sorry. I just... well, I don't... do well. With-- with the w-water."

The annoyance evaporated in an instant as the woman's actions were explained. Edreina set the boot on the pier and then quickly hauled herself up so that her arms were resting, crossed, upon the smooth, stony surface. "Don't worry about it!" What to say... What to say... "I don't do well with horses," Edreina offered with a smile before shaking her head at herself, laughing dryly. "I don't even have a good reason for it."

She paused, pursing her lips as curiosity seized her. "If you don't do well with water, why did you come out here? And how did your boot end up in the Suvan?" The redhead decided to follow up a personal question with a lighter one, just in case the woman before her did not feel like delving into herself with a stranger. Her grin was usually infectious, most finding themselves unable to do anything but join in her limitless mirth. Hopefully, the woman before her would be affected in the same way. She seemed to be genuinely bothered by the water with which she was in such close proximity.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 18th, 2013, 12:05 am

"Don't worry about it! I don't do well with horses. I don't even have a good reason for it."

For a second the Nuit had thought the girl was going to be angry at her. Some vague annoyance had crossed the girl's expression-- the Nuit was sure of it, she had spent enough time reading others that she was falling back into the swing of it, now, becoming confident in her abilities. But then the cloudiness cleared, and the girl simply set the boot up next to Isolde, before hauling herself out of the water, settling next to her on the dock. The Nuit automatically scooted over, so as to not deny the girl her personal space, picking up the boot and turning it upside down over the edge of the pier to drain it of any excess water, its twin settled safely on her lap. Her free hand clutched the edge of the pier tightly so that she might not become unsettled and find herself slipping over into the water, taking precautions no matter how unlikely that might be.

"If you don't do well with water, why did you come out here? And how did your boot end up in the Suvan?"

"Oh, yes. I-It does seem rather... odd... doesn't it?" Isolde caught the girl's smile and hesitantly offered one in return, before saying, a little more brightly, and without even a stammer, "But I just had to come down. I saw this guy and I thought I'd say--" She turned as she spoke, pointing a bit behind her, throwing a stronger smile over her shoulder... and then looked disappointed, finishing the sentence lamely, "--hello." She'd been about to point to the gull, but he'd apparently taken off when the girl had sloshed her way up onto the edge of the pier. He'd probably been frightened away by the sudden movement--

The Nuit turned forwards, a bit glumly, knowing that her sentence probably seemed odd, since there was nothing there. And then there was a great whoosh and a lot of flapping, and the idiotic, fearless gull swooped down from the sky, just barely missing the tops of both of their heads with his large, white wings, plunking to the deck just behind them. The smile immediately returned to Isolde's face, and she turned, simply beaming, and reached out a hand to stroke his pretty feathers, saying, "Him. I saw him bothering some sailors and thought he might like some company." Again, her sentence might have seemed strange, but there was a light in Isolde's eyes that didn't usually show, and it was obvious she was fond of the creature. It didn't really matter to her that seagulls were usually considered pests, no better than stowaway mice, and ten times more annoying because of their sharp, impatient calls. When she touched him, the gull pecked at her hand, hoping for more treats, looking first at her, and then the other girl with small, black eyes.

"I really like birds, you see, but there aren't many that'll come this close, even for some crumbs," the Nuit said in explanation. "I had this--" But here she suddenly broke off, going silent, brow creasing. What would she call Vaughn? She had never had the opportunity to speak about him to anyone before. So what would be the proper title? What had he been to her? She had guiltily come to think of him as her husband, but that hadn't really been true even if he had acted the part. Lover didn't seem right, though. That wasn't... enough. Not nearly. Finally, she just shrugged and said, a little more quietly, "Well, he was a man whom I loved very dearly. He was very fond of birds. He really loved them, and he always had a few as his companions, even a golden eagle once, the biggest bird I ever saw up close with a wingspan greater than... mine." She faltered on the word for a second, before going on, seeming to brush the fumble away without thinking too hard on it. "I came to really like them, too. I couldn't help it. They can be really charming when they want. And Vaughn had just loved them so much..." She trailed off when the gull nipped at her fingers, disappointed that she hadn't offered anything, waddling around and rustling his wings. "Not that they can't be ornery, when you annoy them." The gull turned its gaze to the other girl, giving out a hopeful coo, unlike its earlier piercing cries.

The Nuit knew that she'd probably given more of an answer, already, than the girl had probably wanted, but she might as well continue to the next topic of inquiry, while she was at it. "As for your second question... well, I suppose that's the gull's fault, as well. He was distracting me, I wasn't thinking, and I accidentally knocked my boot off the edge. I really don't know what I would have done if you hadn't been here. Probably just... left it. I don't think I w-would have... been brave enough to actually, uh, go in to get it myself. So really, th-thank you for bringing it back." When Isolde turned her attention back to the girl, the smile turned hesitant again, losing some of the automatic happiness that the gull had inspired. "I-Is there any sort o-of payment... you'd like in return? F-For your help?" Perhaps the girl wanted something in return, though the Nuit could not imagine what. A favor? Or even money? Most people wouldn't do something for nothing, especially for something-- someone like Isolde.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Edreina on June 18th, 2013, 12:52 am

"Oh, yes. I-It does seem rather... odd... doesn't it? But I just had to come down. I saw this guy and I thought I'd say... hello."

Edreina lifted herself to see what the girl was motioning towards but saw an empty pier. Either she is crazy, or there was something - one? - there earlier... The perpetual optimist leaned hopefully towards the latter. But then, there was suddenly an over familiar gull swooping about playfully before landing upon the pier. Edreina was mildly surprised as the woman was able to reach out and touch the bird. Most gulls would get close enough for a treat - ah! he was seeking one in her hand - then flap away an instant later. Being a sailor, Edreina was beyond used to their appearance. Did that mean that she liked them? No... Not at all. Little bastards were often called rats with wings upon the Anchorage for they would swoop down and disappear with anything edible, even if the owner was only feet away.

"Him. I saw him bothering some sailors and thought he might like some company.

A woman who cares for the entertainment of a bird? Edreina's first hypothesis comes to mind once more. She may not be crazy, perhaps just a bit... odd...

"I really like birds, you see, but there aren't many that'll come this close, even for some crumbs... I had this... Well, he was a man whom I loved very dearly. He was very fond of birds. He really loved them, and he always had a few as his companions, even a golden eagle once, the biggest bird I ever saw up close with a wingspan greater than... mine. I came to really like them, too. I couldn't help it. They can be really charming when they want. And Vaughn had just loved them so much... Not that they can't be ornery, when you annoy them."

The woman in the water smiled and shook her head. This girl really liked to talk. "I've never been fond of birds." she offered with another smile. But, her brother had been. At one point, he had attempted to tame a wild macaw and make it his pet after reading a mainland novel about the Svefra... He had even insisted upon calling himself "Redbeard" despite the fact he had not even managed a hint of peach fuzz. Edreina rolled her eyes at the memory.

"As for your second question... well, I suppose that's the gull's fault, as well. He was distracting me, I wasn't thinking, and I accidentally knocked my boot off the edge. I really don't know what I would have done if you hadn't been here. Probably just... left it. I don't think I w-would have... been brave enough to actually, uh, go in to get it myself. So really, th-thank you for bringing it back. I-Is there any sort o-of payment... you'd like in return? F-For your help?"

Edreina shook her head quickly, smile becoming gentle at the woman's hesitance. Even wet, her hair managed to resemble a flame. "No need! I saw something that needed to be done and did it," her smile turned into a full blown grin. Some often asked if the woman was able to do anything other than grin. "Isn't that what all nice people do?" It was less a question and more an audible reflection. Edreina was surprised at how quickly the woman could shift between confidence and reticence. "What is your name?" Edreina asked with a tilt of her head, legs still moving languorously in the water below as it lapped up and over her midsection.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 18th, 2013, 3:05 pm

"No need! I saw something that needed to be done and did it. Isn't that what all nice people do? What is your name?"

"O-Oh! E-Excuse me for forgetting to i-introduce myself. I'm Isolde. A-And... you?" The Nuit almost stuck out her hand to be shaken, but no, that would involve leaning towards the water, and she also didn't want to let the girl discover the unnaturally cool feel of her skin. Her skin... Almost as soon as she thought about it, Isolde began settling her clothes back into their proper places, which she should have done the moment the girl had swum up. She had tugged her skirt away from her legs, so that the water wouldn't wash up and get it wet... now she pulled it back down over her knees, hoping the girl hadn't managed to notice the damaged skin there. Likewise with her elbows, which had been exposed since she had decided to roll up her sleeves. Now she dragged them back down into place. And finally, her hood. That had not been down, no she never took her hood off, not around others... but she did let one of her hands fuss over it, making certain the ugly bruise that blossomed from her hairline wouldn't be seen. All of those injuries from a bad encounter with a bad man from the Spinning Coin a season ago, never to heal... and while thinking of that experience, she couldn't help but bring many like it over the years --even that terrifying ghost girl in the Stallion, who had made her terrible promise: I'll let you go for now... but if we meet again. I will...kill you...-- to mind.

The girl's innocent question about the nature of people... it was disturbing to Isolde to think that years ago, when she had been alive, she would have agreed without a tick's hesitation. But now... she had been treated badly simply because of what she was, like she had wanted to be like this, like this was her idea of a good time... though hadn't she brought it on herself? And the way the girl had phrased it... saying that she had 'done what had needed to be done'. Hadn't Isolde simply done what she had thought, what she had felt was right? Hadn't her relationship with Vaughn been a result of that? Hadn't Wynry? Hadn't Kale's jealousy, his insanity, and whatever dark things he had turned to doing... those dark magics, hadn't he simply turned to them because he must have thought it would be right, that it would make things better, that it would solve his problems? All of it ending in Isolde losing her life and everything wonderful in it, and gaining this... half-life that she clung so hard to now. Yes, sometimes there seemed to be things that needed to be done. But did that mean that a person was supposed to do them?

The picture of a girl's face flashed into the Nuit's mind --what had been her name, Margot?-- and she quickly shook her head to get it to leave... and then realized that she looked like she was disagreeing with what the flame-haired woman in the water had said. The Nuit gave a wan smile, which didn't seem to fit with the rest of her weary expression, and then said cautiously, "I-- I guess I just haven't kn-known too many... nice... people, recently." She didn't like that she was saying it but what else could she do, lie? She could count the people who had been decent to her within the last season on the fingers of one hand. Maybe two, if she was pushing it. Still, she hurried to add, "Th-Though it's not that I h-haven't met too many nice people. I-I'm sure most people are... are really good, at h-heart. J-Just... misled, wh-when it comes to... to dealing with... with someone-- like-- me..." No, that had come out wrong. Now the girl was going to wonder what was wrong with the Nuit, and she was likely to get scared or wary. However much she might want too, though, it wasn't like Isolde could take back the words. And weren't they true? Probably all those people who frightened her, like that man from the Stallion and the angry, threatening girl ghost and all the nameless people with their dark glares and angry muttering... well, she couldn't blame them for being that way around her. What she was practically asked strangers to be afraid of her, to dislike her. When they saw her difference, and failed to take a moment to understand, to care.

OOCSorry for a terrible post! ^^' Let's just let Edreina think that Isolde is super crazy. Which, really, she mostly... is. Also, fun fact, I just had to add 'Edreina' to my google dictionary... and it wanted to correct it to 'Reinaldo'. XD
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Edreina on June 24th, 2013, 12:01 am

People like her? Edreina wondering what the woman meant by that but held her tongue. Such a question was surely too personal. Pursing her lips thoughtfully, Edreina mused aloud, "Well, I don't see anything wrong with you. And you've not wronged me." She grinned up at the stranger, head tilting to one side. "I know not of the others you have met, but I do consider myself to be a good person. And so, I treat others well until they give me a reason to do otherwise." She nodded to herself, signalling the finality of her decision to behave as such.

Unable to stop herself, the Svefra turned and looked out towards the Suvan longingly. Turning back towards the woman, Edreina smiled. "Well, I'm sure I've taken up enough of your morning." She released the dock and fell back into the water. "If you need anything, I'm on the Goldengrotto. Feel free to stop by!" Grinning, she nodded to the woman and began to back away so that her swimming would not splash her unnecessarily. "It was nice meeting you!" She called, grin remaining perched upon her lips.

OOCSorry... xD I kind of lost my inspiration on this one.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 24th, 2013, 12:44 am

OOCThat's alright! ^^'

"Well, I'm sure I've taken up enough of your morning. If you need anything, I'm on the Goldengrotto. Feel free to stop by! It was nice meeting you!"

The Nuit watched the girl disappear back into the blue. Her boots sat on her lap, one wet and one dry. She really didn't know what to think. The girl had seemed nice enough --nicer than the Nuit was used to, really-- and she had given back her boot... but Isolde was afraid she had frightened her off, like many people she met, finding the Nuit's company --if not immediately repulsing-- leaving a bitter taste in the back of their mouth. Isolde sighed, idly toying with the hem of her skirt, before taking the boots and slipping them both back into their proper places on her feet, and no matter that one foot would be soggy. At least she had gotten the boot back. She supposed she had to thank the girl for that, at least. And her company, if short-lived, had not been unpleasant. Thought the Nuit could not think that the red-headed lass would want to come anywhere near her again; probably she would be one of those people ducking by in her peripherals, people who looked vaguely familiar, but whose faces --not seared into Isolde's memory from excessive harshness or niceness-- would soon fade.

Sometimes it got to the point that she couldn't remember the faces of her old, dear friends... the same ones whom she had seen slowly cracking away, their nervousness turning against her, when she returned from the family trip without her daughter and husband or even Vaughn, and in the wrong body. Wynry--

But no. She didn't like to think of that time.

Instead, she reached her hand back into her pocket, digging around for more crumbs. The girl was gone; flaming red hair extinguished by the sea. Never mind, perhaps someday they might meet again-- though, perhaps not. Thinking about it, she had no idea what the 'Goldengrotto' was, and she didn't think that the girl had even ever given her name. The Nuit just shrugged her shoulders, and reached out a morsel for the seagull to snatch, nipping once more at her pale fingers.

OOCSomewhat a peculiar and short-lived thread --hah, probably had to do with my mediocre rp'ing skills ^^'-- but hey! That's alright.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Emblem on August 16th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Congratulations!
You Get Glorious Experience!

Isolde

SkillPoints Earned
Interrogation 1XP
Socialization 2 XP

Lore Earned
Edreina, Svefra
Gulls of the Suvan

Other Shenanigans:

Edreina

SkillPoints Earned
Interrogation 3 XP
Socialization 2 XP
Swimming 1 XP

Lore Earned
Isolde and Her Fear of Water

Other Shenanigans:

Comments :
Sorry for the ludicrously long wait on this. Anyway shoot me a PM with questions or concerns.
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office