Completed [Flashback] Forgetting Myself

Adrian at last learns his destination, with fate intervening

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

[Flashback] Forgetting Myself

Postby Adrian on June 29th, 2013, 4:29 am

Forgetting Myself

Timestamp: 70th of Spring, 513 AV

For Reference:

Edge of Obscurity -- Relating to his capture

Gnosis Story -- A twist of fate

Lost to the world -- A nightmare on the road

A noticeably cool morning found them that morning outside the Southern Trading Posts' tower as they waited to be checked and passed through. Days they had spent at that filthy, small settlement outside of the tower, waiting he'd been told, for the proper arrangements to be made so that they were received well, or so Amelia said. Adrian had his reservations, for he'd noticed her increasing shift to the more secretive, and figured her 'preparations' meant getting them into the city as quietly as possible. The legality of it concerned him a bit, but not much for in the season's he'd spent with the woman, he'd developed a healthy respect for her. Whatever trouble that might find them, he was certain she'd be able to handle it. For although it looked as if she traveled with only a handful of slaves, over half of them were seasoned guards, ready to protect her with their barehanded if need be. So he was not too worried, but he was quite curious, after all it was very likely he would be sold this day, and he hadn't the faintest clue about this city. He would learn soon enough in any case.

It would be bells before they finally were passed through to the docks, and as one they boarded the ferry. Standing by Amelia, he soaked in the view of the massive lake that sprawled before the craft as it lumbered away from shore, and he found that words failed him in this moment. He'd never seen such a large body of water like this, and certainly never had ridden on a boat. It was a bit unnerving to be moving across the water so, but he kept such notions to himself. Amelia wouldn't hear any of it, he knew.

He didn't have to comment in any case, for then Amelia spoke.

"Massive isn't it, can't even spot the city" She chuckled, shifting to get a better look at the breadth of the lake. If she was nervous about being over such a broad body of water, she didn't show it. In fact, she looked almost comfortable with it, to Adrian's envy. With any luck he'd get used to it fast because it looked like he would be spending quite a bit of time here. For the moment though, he paused in his speculation and nodded his assent even though it was clear she was no longer paying attention. No her eyes where forward, to searching for their destination in the distance.

Ravok

Last edited by Adrian on June 29th, 2013, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian
Player

Words: 31235
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 4:17 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Adrian on June 29th, 2013, 5:04 am

It was a bell or so before, they reached Ravok, and to Adrian's surprise, a group was already waiting there for them at the boardwalk. As soon as they where off the ferry, the men quickly ushered them forward, and for about half a bell they navigated through the city, the buildings subtly changing as they went along until at last they stopped in a crowded plaza, only a man waiting for them this time, and dressed in well worn clothing that frayed in several places. Not what he was expecting certainly, but then again he know whom this man was or why they had to be lead about in such a confusing manner. Soaking in the sights of the city alone was overwhelming enough for him. Thankfully the man spoke, drawing his attention away from his thoughts.

"So these are the slaves you spoke of" He spoke to Amelia, gesturing towards Adrian and the others, before reaching into his pocket. Some of the 'slaves' reflexively tensed at the movement, but holding up her hand, Amelia motioned for them to keep calm. This was business after all, in a crowded market.

"Yes, do you have the agreed upon payment?"

"Ah, yes the stipend is all here if your end has been met"

"It has, and if you have a problem with it you can come see me personally at the Southern Trading Post" Amelia grimly shot back.

"Ah, not staying in Ravok I see. I will find you if all is not as you say, of that, have no doubt" The man replied with a toothy grin, taking his hand out from his pocket and flipping her a sizable money pouch. Catching it, and Amelia gestured her guards, and Adrian and four other's where brought forward into the capable hands of the man's entourage.

"Its been a pleasure" He spoke finally to Amelia before turning off, and leading them further into Ravok's depths. Further into his new home.

Adrian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Adrian on June 29th, 2013, 6:09 am

Finally after being led through this rat maze of a city, across canals, on boats, back across canals, backtracking several times, they came to a warehouse where they were quickly ushered in, and brought to a cleared area near the back wall. Once they were all line up, and the doors to the warehouse had been secured, the man spoke.

"Which one of you is Adrian"

Adrian tensed involuntarily at the mention of his name, but he raised his hand slowly anyways. Amelia's must have sent more forward than just arrangements.

"Follow me" The man spoke to him before addressing his guards. "Take the rest to the market, see what you can fetch for them" He waisted no time, quickly disappearing into a sectioned off room that from the looks of it, was the sleeping quarters of the guards of this particular structure. Not that Adrian really cared, to absorbed was he on the current situation.

"Take off your clothing and put the fresh ones by the wall" The man spoke up as they neared the end of the room, gesturing a neat pile of black linens. It was the least unexpected part of this whole business for he'd came to be no stranger to stripping under the yolk of slavery, and immediately he did what he was told as quick as he was told, but despite his haste he had a feeling this strange man had saw what he wanted when he saw the amused look the man wore. Could it be that the man was interested in his mark? There seemed to be a lot of interest in it of late, yet the reason for all the interest he'd yet to work out. Amelia had made certain of that. Perhaps he'd be able to figure it out from his new owner, or from the city itself, time would tell. For now, his fate was what this man said.

"Get comfortable, once its night we will leave?" The man spoke as he pulled up a chair before taking a flask from his jacket.

"Where are we going?"

"To the estate of those that purchased you, now keep quiet will you" Adrian let it go at that, and made himself comfy on some cushions by the wall, resting against it while alone to his thoughts, even managing to catch a bit of sleep in awkward positions at that.

At last, after several bells had passed they were once again moving through the city until at last they reached an elaborate series of buildings that towered high above him. Adrian raised his eyebrow curiously, and continued after the strange man, whom now wore elaborate clothing, and into the receiving area where he was greeted by another man, whom he noticed was also well dressed.

"Welcome Adrian, to the Nitrozian family"

This was to be his home..

Adrian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alric Wilmot on October 11th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Grades

Adrian
  • Detection +1
  • Observation +1

Lores:Lake Ravok, Ravok (Landscape), The Lust for Nikali's Mark, To Be Property of the Nitrozians

Notes

Secret :
If you have any questions please send me a PM. Also, delete your post in the request thread or if that is not possible, edit it to reflect that it has been graded.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets