Flashback [The West Wing] Write something worth reading.

(Philomena). Fallon begins her time studying literature in Zeltiva.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[The West Wing] Write something worth reading.

Postby Fallon on April 5th, 2013, 1:13 pm

Fallon watched the professor squirm. Why however was beyond her immediate thoughts. Did the compliment come out wrong? Was she shy or repulsed by the comment? If she was even repulsed. Never the less, Fallon's words were true - in her opinion at least. Why would she need to lay down flattery?
Well... she will be marking your work.

Fallon swallowed and carefully closed the book, before raising her eyes to meet the professor. She did not comment, instead she simply listened and jotted down the names in her writing book along with the criteria for the set assignment. In honesty she had never heard of the poets before, but then again it was no surprise. The private lesson had brought out a lot of new topics to look into, things to research and opinions to view.

She made a note to take herself to the library afterwards, but before then to pick up some writing supplies. If it was an essay the professor wanted then that is what Fallon would have to give. She narrowed her eyes at the names and quickly wrote ‘poets’ next to them, before snapping her book shut. Her things were quietly packed away into her bag, placed neatly organised - or at least as best she could. The bag closed, the ink was sealed. She gave a firm nod as she slowly stood “I would like that.”
There was little else for Fallon to say outside of that. If questions were to arise then she would come back and ask. But until then she would do as she did best.

Learn her history, gain her knowledge, and continue on towards wisdom.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Philomena on June 20th, 2013, 10:50 pm

7 Days Later
--------------

The day was cloudy, even dreary - strange for summertime, the unpleasant weathers of some foreign clime perhaps snagged by Laviku and carried off to he Great Harbor City. Minnie felt a great relief at the weather - it meant she could in good conscience open her shutters, with minimal fear of damaging her books with the light.

Her braids were wound tight today to keep them off her neck, into a bun , a fw strands escaping, sweat-stuck to her skin. She reached back to scratch at them occaisionally. Her energy, however, was focused in front of her, where she had to books laid out - on the one side, Bethany Edgetower's lexicon of Denvali, and on the right, her notebook, where she was transcribing words, slowly, carefully. Murmuring them under her breath.

"Dughyre. Dughyre fim kaehlion. Kaehl... kaehliohn. Kaehliohn. Dughyre fim kaehlion..."

The lexicon was tremendously interesting, and not for the first time, Minnie wished she had taken more classes in linguistics. What an interesting field! What stories there must be in how the speech of this isolated village would have transformed into something so unrecognizable in a few hundred years! The introduction from Dr. Edgetower had been appetite-whetting, with its jsut-a-hair-over-Minnies-head conversation of linguistic shifts and evolution of speech. Gods! The world was so full of beautiful things to be read, and some were not in common! Thank Qalaya for the truly great, like Dr. Edgetower had been. She wondered if, since the time that Bethany and Kenabelle had gone there, if the Denvali had built a library of their works. Did they have their own poetry? Their own sagas? Did they have a tale, now, of the Coming of Captain Wright? She mused on this, and wished, wished so deeply, that she could go to places like Denval. So much to be learned!

It was nearly time for next class, and guiltily she peeked at her tablet, with its notes for today. Perhaps, if it were another student she would have opened it to look. This was the girl who she had had home for a drink, who she had humiliated herself before. And if she were being entirely frank with herself, she would have confessed she was avoiding looking over her lecture notes. Free will, possibility, myth making. What did she know of them? Myth-making perhaps, but even there. She was no poet. Only a scholar.

x
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Fallon on June 30th, 2013, 9:56 am

Fallon quickened her pace down the corridor, a heavy foot fall sounding out as she pushed herself onwards into what could only be described as a sprint. Her plan to awaken early that day had already proven fruitless, and so the student was left both scattered and rushing to her desired destination. She was late, there was no doubt about that, and with being late her once straight formed mind was largely abandoned. The bag clattered on her back, the clipping sound of buckles striking against each other in a steady rhythm. Fingers curled around the books that were hugged tightly to her, and for once the coat was abandoned. The kukri remained strapped to her as always, and the occasional funny look was given in response to its presence. A sharp intake of breath spurred her onwards, and through the corridors of the university.

When she did finally arrive where she was suppose to be, the student wasted no time throwing open the door and stumbling in. It sounded out with a mighty crash, and swayed there as she eyed it in surprise. She hovered there for a chime, chest heaving and the look of dishevelment plastered across her. The pure tell tale signs that she had only just awoken recently. Gloved hands played with her collar, and she straightened it out and proceeded to smooth out the creases. Her lips were wetted as she took a careful step in and greeted the professor with a nod, before closing the door with a lot more care than when she did when she opened it. Easing forwards, Fallon approached the desk the professor was working on, shrugging off the bag with care as she sat down opposite.

Swallowing the student waited for the professor to finish, her fingers gently drumming against the book cover, her back straightening as she grew attentive to what was before her. The scratching of ink upon the page, the faint smell of dusty tomes, it was something Fallon was beginning to quickly grow familiar with. She chose not to disturb her until the professor was ready to begin the lesson. Not that the silence lasted for too long.
“Oh petch the report!” no sooner had she spoke, she had shot back up again with a look of alarm upon her face. It was going to be the start of an interesting day it seemed.
x
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ariann on March 13th, 2014, 6:52 pm

Grades!

Congratulations! The following records the grades all you wonderful people have recieved! Good job! ^_^

Congrats, Fallon!
Fallon :
Fallon

Socialization+5 SP
Rhetoric+2 SP
Philosophy+1 SP
Intelligence+1 SP
Reasoning+2 SP
Logic+1 SP
Running+1 SP

Lores:
People - Professor Lefting, Strange And Curious
Fight - A Feeling Of Safety With My Kukri
Events - Forgetting About The Report

Notes: A very interesting passage between you two. I really enjoyed the reactions, logic and philosophical bits that went between you two when you were talking about the expedition (or what I could assume was an expedition). Keep up the writing! ^_^

Apologies, Philomena!
Philomena :
Philomena

Notes: Your ledger is two years old and has not been updated since, leading me to believe you have become inactive. If you return, send me a PM after you have updated your ledger and I will dish out your grades!

If there is any issues with the points I have given, or if you think you deserve More/Different Lores, then feel free to PM me! I will rectify the issue ASAP, if I am indeed incorrect. ^_^ Have a nice day!

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous