Chat

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Chat

Postby Cryktos Ellios on July 3rd, 2013, 2:43 am

Yeah, I was excused from chat for saying I was "Bored." I have a few things to say about this.
1. How long am I excused?
2. Why is being bored such a bad thing?
3. I think the punishment is over excessive, due to the fact that I tend to mess up my writing if I post something, because I am currently waiting for a partner to make a thread on an Undecided day, so I literally cannot write.
4. I believe it is wrong to force people to do something like write in my situation, so I believe your punishments are beyond excessive. Also, I got no warning for my actions, as Chat Rules states, so I feel wronged.
Languages:
Fluent:Common Basic:Nader Canoch Poor:Shiber

Cryktos Ellios
The Mage of Blackfire

Words: 12720
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Chat

Postby Stardust on July 3rd, 2013, 3:07 am

You can ALWAYS write.

You can write solos for your character, you can help develop things, you can PM people and find more people to write with, you can write a detailed history for your Character in your CS, and so forth. This is a site to write on. If you're bored of writing, go do something like read, watch a movie, or even go on a walk.

Chat isn't a place to be "bored", plain and simple. It's a place to talk to other members of the site, get ideas, ask for help, make friends, etc. I'm sorry you were bored. I'm sorry you feel wronged, but it's in the chat rules as something not to be said. Simple as that.
Stardust
A Loophole in Limbo

Words: 89537
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 3:49 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Chat

Postby Phoenix on July 3rd, 2013, 4:23 am

Actually, to quote the chat rules...

All people who state they are 'bored' will be instantly excused from chat to go write.

The punishment is not excessive. It's appropriate considering that chat is not just a hangout, someplace for you to waste your time. If you're on Miz, it's with the pretense that you're here to write. If you're bored, in chat, then go do something else. We simply just have no tolerance for people sitting in chat saying they are bored when there is SO MUCH else that you could be doing and being productive.

We don't have to give you a warning. That is also stated in the chat rules that you agreed too. I was the one that kicked you and Accolade actually DID give you a warning and you ignored it and simply kept asking why it wasn't okay that you said you were bored. You actually responded to the warning that was given to you, so I don't know why you're saying you didn't get one.

You were also told that you were excused for the evening. And you can ALWAYS write. If you're bored because you're waiting on a post from a thread partner, like you stated, then you can do a solo. Write a solo, plan a solo, anything. Start another thread with someone else. Develop your character more. Make plans for the future. Help develop a lore article. Help develop locations.... The list goes on and on.

As to your #4, as Gossamer says... You're in our house, you obey our rules. If you don't like the rules of chat, then don't be in chat. End of story.
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Chat

Postby Cryktos Ellios on July 3rd, 2013, 4:31 am

All right, you are both moderators, so I'll go with what you say. But if I'm going to write, it's going to need to be flashbacks, because I'm supposed to be doing a couple threads soon, and I don't want to mess anything up. So how would I set a flashback up without being able to talk to others?

Also, my first question went unanswered, as far as I'm concerned.
Languages:

Cryktos Ellios
The Mage of Blackfire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Chat

Postby Tia'aria on July 3rd, 2013, 4:52 am

You were also told that you were excused for the evening.

So, that there tells you how long you are kicked from chat. I think that was made pretty clear, since Phoenix stated it in her last post and I'm hoping you didn't just ignore it.

Additionally, I don't know if you've heard about this yet, but Mizahar DOES have a pretty nifty private messaging feature. Use that.

P.S I'm the only one using a boxcode as hugemongous as this because I'm fantabulous.

Last edited by Tia'aria on July 3rd, 2013, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tia'aria
shut up + trust this.

Words: 60906
Joined roleplay: August 3rd, 2012, 7:27 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Chat

Postby Cryktos Ellios on July 3rd, 2013, 4:55 am

Thank you, Tia. I apologize if it seems that I'm blind, but I tend to have trouble reading when it comes to late night times. It's pretty late where I am, and I must say, I haven't slept for a while now... I apologize if I've created a stir, and I apologize for taking your time like this.
Languages:

Cryktos Ellios
The Mage of Blackfire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Chat

Postby Gossamer on July 3rd, 2013, 6:44 am

The cold hard facts are this.

By creating an account here on MIzahar, you are agreeing to ALL OUR RULES. That means chat rules, our main game rules, even our Terms of Use. Complaining about them does you no good. You agreed to them. That's all that needs to be said here.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Chat

Postby Cryktos Ellios on October 4th, 2013, 5:37 am

Okay, On a totally new subject, but still regarding chat: Why hasn't my 30 day ban block been removed? It's been long past 30 days, and it's still blocking me.
Languages:

Cryktos Ellios
The Mage of Blackfire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Chat

Postby Gossamer on October 4th, 2013, 6:03 am

I would suspect that because between July and October you managed virtually no posts. That tells us you aren't here to write. You must be here for other reasons. We aren't here for those reasons. Chat is for the writers on this site, not for a place to hang out and chat. There's other sites for that..
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Chat

Postby Cryktos Ellios on October 4th, 2013, 7:24 pm

If you haven't noticed, there's a thread that my thread partner hasn't replied to, and since I cannot manage multiple threads, I have to wait for her to reply. Therefore, I am here, and I am trying to write, but until I get a reply, I am at a standstill. Either way, the chat ban has made it difficult for me to remind my thread partner that she has a thread to reply to.
Languages:

Cryktos Ellios
The Mage of Blackfire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next