PM to join [Dyres District] I'm Lost (Fallon)

Alex was on his way to the Great Bazaar, but a bump got him lost.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Dyres District] I'm Lost (Fallon)

Postby Alex White on July 5th, 2013, 9:59 am

14th of Summer, 513AV - 13th Bell

The sound of the hustle and bustle of the people within the walls of Syliras could give one the impression that it was a busy day. Many people wandering to and from placed wandered through the various stone and dirt streets, trying to reach the destination. Above them was the watchful sky, filled with various clouds of many shapes and sizes, along with glorious sun that gave the citizens warmth during the day.

A young boy by the name of Alex wandered around with closed eyes in the Dyres District. Alex listened to the people around him, trying to avoid bumping to the strangers that walked passed him. However, Every now and then, a few mean spirited being barged into Alex’s shoulder and cursed at him, telling him to open his eyes. If only they knew that opening them wouldn’t do much.

Upon Alex’s back was a bag that had two straps that when over both of the young boy’s shoulders, and on that back was a small bird by the name of Tallulah, also known as Lulu. The small Kestrel Falcon sat proudly behind Alex as he navigated slowly through the crowd.

The young boy used his mental map of the city of help him move from place to place, but the constant onslaught of people passing by wasn’t part of his map mechanics. With eyes close to prevent people seeing his hideous eyes, he moved his feet one after the other and listen the footsteps of the people around him.

“Okay, Lulu. We need to head to The Great Bazzar so we can get you some feed.” Alex said to his feathery companion, who simply looked at Alex, inclining her head on one side.
“With all these people here, it’s hard to judge where I am, all of the people keep knocking me about…” Alex murmured, trying to keep track of his position in his map.

However, as Alex finally corrected his position on his map, he took a step forward and collided with an individual. The collision was too strong, but it was strong enough to make Alex fall backwards on his backside. Tallulah squawked and flapped her flightless wings as Alex landed on the ground. The landing for Alex was too painful, but was a problem. Because of that bump, Alex had lost his entire position in his map. Alex now sat directionless in the big city of Syliras.

“S- Sorry” Alex said with a nervous tremble in his voice as he subconsciously opened his eyes in the vague direction of the person he had ran into. Alex wasn’t even sure if the person was still there and had walked off because we couldn’t pinpoint that person’s footsteps. With all of the incoming sounds from all the people, Alex was lost in a sea of noises.

Alex White
I can see you! I'm joking, didn't ya know

Words: 18408
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2013, 4:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on July 6th, 2013, 5:01 pm

Fallon kept her head down and her eyes ahead as she walked. It was a troublesome time for her at present, the daylight had forced her awake once more and set her dragging her tired state through the winding streets and corridors of Syliras. Squeezing past a pair, the squire gave a quick nod to whoever it was as she pressed herself on. She was really not in the mood for dealing with the public, or most people for that matter. Shoulders rubbed against each other, glances of disapprovement from others, the mumbles of curses, it was all there. The city was alive and sweltering in the giant stone box they called home. The squire grimaced. She was on the hunt of finding somewhere cool and somewhere away from the bustle of people. But in order to get there she would have to get through the sea of flesh and faces, something that she would prefer to avoid.

Perhaps I should have stayed in the dormitories, she mused as she slid out of an alley and onto another busy patch, Least then it would have been cool despite the noise. Shaking her head, Fallon walked onwards with a steady pace and facing ahead. Or at least until someone collided with her. The people parted, breaking like water as the boy stumbled backwards onto the ground and the squawking bird made its presence known. She paused, and stared down at the boy who had bumped into her, a hot and bothered gaze staring down at him. A hand reached down and grasped tightly at his arm. Jaw tightening she forced herself to speak “You should watch where you’re going. Going to end up hurting yourself if you don’t pay attention and focus on day dreaming.”

Eyes peered at her, the tremble of a voice sounding out as she went to pull him up to his feet. It was an accident, she understood that. An annoying one but an accident never the less and it was something she could accept. Leaning down she proceeded to give him a firm pull up whether he liked it or not.
“Still, you alright kid?” she asked. It was not her place to lecture him, nor was it her responsibility to. Besides, she had a nagging feeling that nothing would be gained from it, “Come on let’s get you up and on your feet. No use lying about to be a rug.”
And maybe once I’m done with him I can try and find that cool spot again.
x
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alex White on July 8th, 2013, 4:45 pm

When Alexander fell to the ground, a voice began scolding him. The voice sounded distinctly female, but sounded like she was trying to hold back her frustrations. Soon after, his slender arm was grabbed by the unknown woman as she continued speaking. Alex didn’t know what to say or do. He was lost, being grabbed by a stranger that he knows nothing about, and it was far too hot. A situation like this has never happened to Alex before.

As the shambling crowds walked past the event, the woman who held Alex by the arm began speaking to Alex again in a more elevated to from the last. The woman was courteous as she expressed her concern for Alex. With a few words from the woman, Alex was pulled up onto his feet. However, Alex still didn’t have his bearing and didn’t know what direction was what. “Thank you” Alex simply said, as he looked around the woman’s vague direction. Because of all the noise on this busy day, Alex wasn’t able to pinpoint the whereabouts of the unknown woman. Alex did his best to look as natural as possible. However, his attempts were quite poor.

The clouds in the sky slowly parted and unveiled more of hot summer sun, making the temperate rise a few degrees. Alex could feel the heat and thought it would be best to head home. He decided he’ll just share his meal with Lulu. However, one major problem for him still remained… its location. “Um… Excuse…?” Alex said to grab the woman’s attention, unaware that he was slightly facing away from her. “But… uh… can you tell me where I am…?” Alex asked, realising how silly he sounded. “I mean- I do know where I am, but can you tell be wher- can you tell me the locat- where am I standing?!” Alex corrected himself, hoping he didn’t look like a babbling fool or made the woman confused. After that short outbreak of broken sentences, Alex fired an area of Auristics on the ground. If Alex was going to navigate blindly, he needed an anchor point.

Alex White
I can see you! I'm joking, didn't ya know

Words: 18408
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2013, 4:31 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on July 11th, 2013, 8:57 am

Fallon released him. He seemed to be standing fine on his own two feet so there was no point in holding onto him. He looked a bit lost, even the squire could detect that much about him. If not from the way he stood then the way he blindly struggled to locate himself. Quite literally. She only had to bend slightly to see his predicament. Pursing her lips she listened to his mumble of worried words, her brow turning into a crease. She was unsure on how much of a description he wanted, or what exactly he wanted to be told. After all she could only describe so much and even then it might have been the wrong information.

Clearing her throat the squire looked about her surroundings, eyes narrowing down upon the people and the scenery before bringing herself to answer “You’re in the Dyres District? Along the main corridor in this district.” She looked over her shoulder, as she tried to think of her own position. She was certain the squire dormitories were behind her, and so she proceeded to explain “You’re in the middle of the main corridor if you want to be precise. I know you’re pretty much facing in the direction of the dormitories.” Rubbing at her chin, the squire gave a sigh as she tried to remember where everything was “I believe the Great Bazaar is further northwards and beneath our feet. Does that help at all kid?”

She doubted it would, even she herself was unsure about the question he had asked. She could not see any immediate sign to help her after all. Fingers drummed against her arm, her brow creasing slightly with thought. Was there anything else she could use? Any other hint to help describe where they were? Short of the mass amount of people there was not much to work with.
x
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Perplexity on August 17th, 2013, 11:10 pm

Riddled With Rewards
Example

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Socialization + 1 EXP
Rhetoric + 1 EXP
Observation +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Bumping, Bustling, and Bad Moods
Words for a Blind Boy: Describing the World

Notes :
I gave what I could Ms. Fallon. PM me if you have any questions!
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)