[AMELIA'S SCRAPS]A twisted wonderland

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[AMELIA'S SCRAPS] A twisted wonderland

Postby Eleret on July 5th, 2013, 12:19 pm

Hi, Amelia! I was skimming through your scrapbook (the book challenge is really cool, by the way), and thought I would comment on this:
First off, I know how silly that sounds…but, I am afraid of quite a bit of everyone around here. And it makes me laugh when I think of it, because offline I am quite sociable and don’t tend to be intimidated by people. But here, even though I have noticed certain actions from players, making it so clear they are nice…I just don’t find the gut in me to send them a PM…I don’t find the gut to ask them about threads or plot. Heck, I don’t even have the gut to post in other people scrapbooks or mizahar/none mizahar discussion… has anyone else faced this sort of…problem?

First of all, I think you're quite a fine writer, for whatever that reassurance is worth! And I would like to do more flashbacks with you, someday when I'm not drowning in other commitments...

Second, what you describe is a bit ironic to me, because I'm the exact opposite. I'm much more shy IRL than I am online -- and I'm plenty reserved here! I've thought about starting a scrapbook of my own, but I don't care to put much out there about myself for all the forum to see. And if I'm going to write about my chars, I might as well do it in RP. I don't post in other peoples' scraps either; I think this is only the second time I've done so. But when it comes to character things and plotting, then I will reach out and grab people without hesitation. Because it's not for me, it's for my characters. (But I will write, rewrite, scrap, rewrite, and revise some more on most PMs I send out, to within an inch of their nonexistent lives... even very short ones...)

I don't know that I really have any advice for you, except to stick with it and don't get discouraged! Try not to be terrified/worked up about things -- if you find yourself getting anxious, try to set it aside and focus your mind on something else for a little while. That tends to help me. Hit 'submit' and then resolutely walk away (literally or figuratively -- close the tab and don't pull it up again, etc.) from things you're stressing over. Eventually, at least in theory, you get used to doing that and it gets to be less of an issue. I'm still working on that one. I think I manage just because I'm so busy, I can't afford to dwell too much on what I've already done.

Hope this helps!
Eleret
Player

Words: 179278
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2012, 12:33 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on July 7th, 2013, 6:42 pm

Thank you Eleret :)
You are like a konti! You just made me smile so much by saying it, and I am sure that the advice will help me!
Actually, from the moment I first posted that…er…confession? I receives so many advice and support, no more cyber-shy Saby! Well, sort of :P I still find myself shying away, but not as much XD I guess, I will always have some…lingering presence of that!

And I would love to do…a dream thread! :P I find myself more and more interested in the nightly life of mizahar, and dreams seem to be such a lovely way to bring pure craziness, mixed with fantasy and just a bit of mystery in the world…even if you can’t earn any xp :)
Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on July 7th, 2013, 7:47 pm

Day 20 – Favorite romance book

Well, as I have stated before, I am not exactly the type to be a big fan of…generic Romance books. Actually, there are not a lot of books labeled ‘Romance’ I actually like. The closest I go to liking Romance, is Gothic Fiction, for the most part.
That being said, I wanted to mention a book that is actually labeled 'romance' and after thinking things over...

Kiss of a Demon King

Why I like it?….The heroine is quite the pain… she cheated, killed and stole, without the least bit of regret or questioning, is it bad? She doesn’t care, she is a 500 year old sorceress…really… at a position like that you couldn’t care less if someone finds your actions immoral..

Do I actually enjoy the sexual tension between the heroes, the romance and how it evolves? Well, I love how the characters are affected by the romance…but romance as a whole…blah…I’m picky :P

”She may be an evil bitch,
      but she is my evil bitch.
        And I’ll have no other”

Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood

Well, I am not your average kid when it comes to books. Probably because I didn’t have a lot of children books as a whole…. Pretty much I have trouble remembering any books from my childhood…So…I’ll go for the one I actually remember…

Beauty and the Beast

I used to have this with illustrations from the Disney movie, it was a really lovely book and when I was little, was probably my favorite one of all time. I have a feeling this was actually the only book I read, as my parents tend to tell me that I always tore out pages and made up my own stories from the pictures….

And yes, this book was one of those…one sentence in every page + huge picture….kind of things… but… I liked it… maybe I have a fuzzy feeling about it, because it’s the only book I remember from my childhood and before I actually got into detectives and horror fiction…but yea…
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Eida on July 7th, 2013, 7:52 pm

The Beauty and the beast used to be one of my favourite childhood book too! And I really like the disney movie too! ( and musics are awesome there XD) I read the original story too, I loved it as well!

By the way this book challenge is awesome and I may read some of them or at least check them! :D
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amelia Cross on July 8th, 2013, 10:10 am

Day 22 – Favorite book you own

Well, excluding the books I have already mentioned [because I find repeating at this sort of tags to be annoying] I will mentioned the next book and that would be….

Tales of Mystery and Madness

While I do love the works of Edgar Allan Poe, I do not find this to be the absolute best of the collection of tales he has. Noor do I find this to be better than some other books I own, I just find this books illustrations so lovely, that I had to mention it…but you must get this edition! With illustrations by Gris Grimly! [I should probably find where to mention his books before the tag/challenge ends]

Who is not only an awesome illustrator, he also writes!
Really, I bought it only because of the illustrations…I had read the stories before ._.”

“There are chords in the hearts of the most reckless which cannot be touched without emotion,
      even by the utterly lost,
        to whom life and death are equally jests,
          there are matters of which no jest can be made.”

I’m happy you find this to be interesting, you should do it to! So I can stalk out new books |:)
But as for the ones I mention, I must say my taste is weird and all over the place, so…read at your own risk..
but I do love the Disney movie!
Actually...I love old Disney movies :rolleyes:
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on July 9th, 2013, 8:02 pm

Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t

Well, there are quite a lot of books I want to read, but can’t seem to get around it…at the moment, the book I want to read is:

Fighting Destiny

Or the freshly published[beginning of June], first book of the Fae Chronicles.
As much as I am informed, the author is not well known and this is her first series. So, maybe that?
Honestly, I can’t explain why I want to read it... I just do. Something to do with the whole Celtic theme in it…maybe I miss a good erotica book? Dunno….
Maybe because, my friend who has actually read it, is in love with it?

Either way, I want to read it…and want to find out…do I like it…or don’t?

I’ll find out only when I man up…and read it ;(
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on July 10th, 2013, 7:30 pm

Day 24 – A book that you wish more people have read

Well, I have no idea what to list here…so I will go for a book most have heard of, but I know only 2 that have read it.

Lolita

A lovely book. I have read it over a few times. I remember reading it at first, and not quite understanding it, but after I picked it up a few years later. BAM! I just fell in love and found myself quoting a few parts….

Really, it is beautifully written…and if someone hasn’t read it…pleas! Please read it :3

“She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock.
      She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line.
        But in my arms she was always Lolita.”

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on July 11th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most

Well, I am probably a bit unusual in this department…why? Because I don’t like to ‘relate’ to characters. Let it be cartoon, movies, game, oc or movies…I just don’t. It gets me too attached and then when they actually die or something happens to them…I get really, like..reaaaaally sad. And even worse when I see them die…or the series end…I get crushes!

Its silly, really, I know…but I am too emotional. So…I can’t really find myself feeling for characters anymore or trying to find or even notice similarities between them and me…

Anyway…a character I could name…would be…either Draco Malfoy, Lestat de Lioncourt or Marius de Romanus….

All of the characters ahve been mentioned before…so…yea….I won’t be going into detail…sorry…
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on July 13th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something

I am probably cheating here…but…yea:

Death Note

Yep, I chose a manga. But really, this manga made me change my mind about a lot of things…especially about evil vs. good….Evil is how you look at it, and good is not always good.

“This world is rotten.
      The rotten should die.”

Side note, this is also my favorite anime*

Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending

No need to comment, no freaking detective has ever got me so surprises as when reading this book.

Fight Club

I am not going to spoil it…because the first rule of the fight club, is that you do not speak of the fight club… but you have to read it…at worst, watch the movie!

“I don't want to die without any scars.”
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on July 14th, 2013, 6:21 pm

Day 28 – Favorite title

Well, well…this is a tricky one… better be…

How to Do Nothing with Nobody All Alone by Yourself

Honestly, never read it. It’s a book that our teacher has in her classroom. I have never had the urge to read it, or to find out what its about. I just find the tittle funny XD

If anyone has read it, let me know is it worth doing...might just pick it up next semester for more than just throwing it at my super-social friends :P
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext