Completed [Who knows where] Even peace can shatter

(Kisetukai) Fallon learns a hard lesson about wandering about in the dark.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Who knows where] Even peace can shatter

Postby Fallon on June 24th, 2013, 4:13 pm

She shirked away when Kisetukai came over, a flash of fear rising up. He had come over, the range of them closing between them. Was he going to do the same to her? Was he friend or foe? He had stepped right into her comfort zone, his intentions briefly lost to her beneath a panicking mind. She winced, almost curling up into herself when those hands touched and tended, and that calm voice tried to break through. Stilling she turned her head way from him, unable to look. The sounds of fabric ripping filled the silence, her throat having sealed itself. She could not communicate, short of letting out the occasional hiss of discomfort.

Teeth clenching, the squire let him tend to her. A makeshift bandage was made, stemming the flow of blood beneath the folds of fabric. The pain largely subsided, the sense of shock that had previously held her slipping away along with her adrenal. Her heart still thudded loudly though, a distinctive ring in her ears as she came to terms with what was going on. She was attacked in the city she thought was safe. They shamed her as a squire. They shamed her as a woman. They had stabbed her when she fought back.

They petching stabbed her. The bastards.

A long, controlled breath was released as she focused her gaze turning to the alley wall across from her. The slightest movement caused the wound to burn with pain. There was a gasp, her fingers clenching up tightly as the fabric was pulled across. A broken cry escaped, as the words of Kisetukai reached her ears. They were squires, they would one day be knights, and she had to stay strong even when they were bent backwards over situations. She inhaled sharply to silence herself, focusing only on not making a noise. So what if her face twisted in pain and tears ran down her face? She could not make a noise, not anymore. Swallowing, she gave a tremble, feeling the tightening fabric across her. She had reached the bottom of her strength and will, she could not do any more.

He stepped away, and her eyes followed after him as he extended his hand down to her. For a moment she stared at it, tired and nervous eyes running up it to his face. She shrunk away at his question, unable to bring herself to answer. It was obvious what had happened, if not from the bruising and injuries, then from her current state. She shook her head, one of the few actions that she could give. She did not want to think about it anymore. She wanted to forget about it. To cast it away from her memory and bury it.

But that was not possible. And deep down she knew that.

Upon trying to lift her arm, pain shot through her shoulder. It felt like would rip within upon the slightest movement of it. Inhaling deeply, she held her left elbow, unsteady feet forcing her back into the wall. Slowly she rose, her arms wrapped almost around her. She cradled them as she looked sheepishly at Kisetukai unsure almost if she should bolt or not. She wanted to run away and hide, to disappear into the darkness and never be seen again. She gave a second nod as she lurched away from the wall, unsteady steps leading her on to the entrance of the alley. It was time to move on, and she was not about to wait for anyone.

Safety awaited her in the dormitories after all.
x
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kisetukai on June 24th, 2013, 7:08 pm

It was understandable, she didn't wanna talk about it, who would. Kise actually felt a little dumb for asking, after all, she was... He had no business saying something like that, he decided to keep quiet as they would walk, he decided he had to. He watched intently as she rose, her back scraping the wall, it was like she lost her whole will. Slowly she bounced of the wall, a look of uncertainty in his eyes, it wasn't good at all. "Ok... Fallon, I understand." He said softly, he understood where she was coming from, but that was only a temporary excuse. He would let her have this day, she deserved to act the way she did, he had no say. And as much as he hated the thought of it, there was nothing he could do. He couldn't find the goons who got her, and with good reason, there might have been murder. Yes, he was an angry boy. Not only was he jumped, his friend was assaulted and used, and now she didn't want to speak to him. It was a sad time indeed.

Deciding to lead the way, and scout the area at the same time, he walked forward. Slowly beginning to leave the alley, his steps were slow, as if he was trying to tip toe. He turned to look back at Fallon, in case she was still staying behind, wanting to make sure she was ok for now. "We're gonna go home ok? I'm not gonna let anybody hurt you anymore... I promise." Kise's words did have meaning, if he had to he would gladly risk his life to keep his promise, he knew she deserved it. Turning forward, still walking slowly, his steps were halved with the pace of a turtle. "I'm uh... I know that... Well..." He mumbled, every sentence crumbling from the heavy suspension of tension, he was exhausted. He didn't know what to say... Should he even be saying anything? After what happened, maybe silence and alone time was necessary, but he couldn't just let the girl fall apart. Well, not anymore than she already had.

The walk was quiet, awkward, and tense. He didn't want to say anything, or listen to any moans or cries she let out, he just paid attention to the walk. It was quiet, boring, and he was sure he was reading her mind. Not only that, she seemed to be dying on the inside... He wanted to help. Yes, he should've stayed quiet, but that wasn't what a knight did. A knights job was to do whatever they could to help, to promote peace and happiness, to stay civil. He had to do something.

So he did what he did best, thought about happy times, the little bit of good times. Thinking back to his life, trying to give her a bit of a story, hopefully it would take her mind off of it just a bit. Even if for a couple seconds, he wanted her to try to think of something else, just for a bit. "You know... When I was younger, I was the weakest kid in town." He said as he walked and looked up into the light, the little bit that came through, his hands in his pockets. Occasionally he would look down, and then back up, to make sure he was on track. "I tried my hardest... To become strong, ya know? To play with the other kids, to try and become powerful and wrestle and stuff... But I guess I went overboard. Because for every kid I passed, there was another kid... You know? There's always someone out there, who is just insanely stronger than you. Well.."

He sighed, as he continued on with his little talk, he was probably speaking to the wind anyway. Fallon seemed too wrapped up, way too wrapped up, to be dealing with what he said. But he didn't give up, he would continue to try. "I ended up becoming the strongest. In my group of pages, and now even in my patrol of squires I'm the strongest. And so, with that being said and done, I thought I was the strongest... I mean come on, is there a squire that can honestly take my punch? Please tell me if there is..." He paused, thinking about what he had just said, he sounded like K a bit. "Well, recently I found out I wasn't the strongest... And that actually kinda shocked me. You see there's this girl, name Fallon... I really like her, I think it's cause she has a mean straight punch, nearly broke my face. But it wasn't her physical strength that made me interested in her. It was her willpower, she was not only a nice girl, but her will was strong as hell ya know? Like an aura or something... I don't know, maybe I'm babbling, but, yeah... Well, recently something happened to that girl."

He brought his hands out of his pockets, interlocking his hands, and forcing out pops. "Well, she got hurt, and in the process her getting hurt... Hurt this boy. Not physically, but mentally... Definitely emotionally. Now that boy wants revenge, after he makes sure that the girl gets home... He's going to go handle some things. And then he's gonna-" He choked up a bit, getting wrapped up in shady intentions. Gods! That's not how he was supposed to be talking, that sounded like Shin... What the hell was happening to him, he could only wonder and watch. "Uh... We are close to your dorm, let's go. I'll see you to the door of the dormitory, and then I'm gonna get going.... I gotta be somewhere." He looked off a bit as he walked, his hands landing back in his pockets.

Personas bleeding into other personas? Elaborate!
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Words: 636820
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2013, 9:25 pm
Character sheet

Postby Fallon on June 26th, 2013, 2:41 pm

For a moment she hesitated, unsure whether or not to follow him out completely, or keep a slight distance from him. He could turn after all, he could be like them. It could be a trap, a trick made to make her feel safe. Even with those sincere words of his that tried so desperately to fill the silence. Still he did his duty, and even in her frightened state she could not deny that. He had succeeded that much, but even then the damage was already long done and the pieces were simply left to be picked up. She wrapped her arms round herself as best she could, pulling her shirt tightly around her as if it would hide her shame, not that it would.

She did not interrupt Kisetukai, or more over she found no strength or courage to. So she tried to listen the best she could past the patter of steps and the groaning of stone. There was a whimper, followed by a choke as the girl fought for her control. He saw so much strength in her, but here she was broken and torn, her willpower and strength sapped from her. A husk was all that now remained. Fallon swallowed, jaw trembling as she looked upon the back of Kisetukai. His intentions may not have been spoken, but they were still clear. And stopping him from doing them seemed like an impossible task at present.

But why? She deemed herself as little more than dirt now, scum to be tossed aside and ignored. He did not need to stoop low for her, he did not need to race to her aid, he did not need to strike out and fight for her. She deserved no such treatment.

I am not strong. I am nothing. I am weak. I am a failure. I don’t deserve to be a squire. I don’t deserve any of this. I am… I am unworthy.

With the dormitories closing in, Fallon made her steps quicken. Safety was just in reach after all. But what would she tell those that resided there? What would she tell those that shared the suite as her? Would they see her? Would they notice the marks that now hung upon her? Would they even care? She swallowed and stared upon his back. There was nothing she could do now. Nothing at all. And it would forever be like that. The door was within reach now, and a simple turn of the handle would mean she was once more in safety. Her eyes only briefly glanced back at Kisetukai, a brave face being put on. It was the only thing she could muster now.
x
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kisetukai on June 27th, 2013, 7:38 pm

Kise instantly noticed Fallon's speed changed, it seemed that the girl was happy to get home, as she clenched around her to hide shame. Kise found himself with heat rising to his face, he was still a man, and that was a shocker. Honestly, he knew she had her clothes ripped, but that was just... Those rags did very little in there attempt to-... He shook his head a bit, refocusing on the task at hand, as they finally approached the dorms. He had to try his hardest not to stare, for some reason it was alluring, but he had better things to think about. "Here we are..." He said as he flung open the door, he took a step back to let the girl fly in, as she whizzed by. "Oh!" He grunted to himself as he took a giant leap to get back in front of her, after all she probably didn't want anybody behind her.

"Ok uh, if I remember correctly..." Of course he remembered where his only friend stayed, of course he did. A left here, a simple right there, and they were approaching the suite. Thanks to the mere torches, he was able to count and map his way there. Which was really good because he didn't want to make the girl talk, he didn't want to force her to be scared. He definitely didn't want that. His steps sped up as he cruised down the lane, peering past the dark corridors until... "Here." He finally had made it to her room, but he couldn't just let it end like this, he wanted her to be sane. He remembered feeling like this, helpless and that nobody could reverse what happened. That was the truth. But he sure could make a promise. He turned and pushed his back to the door, blocking her from entering, as he stared at her. Even if she didn't look at him, he wanted to speak, he had to.

He knew she wanted to leave, so he wouldn't give a speech, he would just calmly exit after. "Fallon, I know that we might not be the best-est of friends, but there's... How do I put this... I know you Fallon, I know that your way too strong to let this be the end. I know exactly how you feel, alone and worthless, I was in that rocked state once. I know I must be sensitive and compassionate for the moment though, but I want to make you a promise. A deal, an agreement of some sort. I'm going to be gone for the rest of this season... But when I come back, I not only want to see you better, I want to see you stronger. Smarter, safer... I want us to both strive to be the best we can be, because we are gonna be knights some day... And we are gonna protect the peace together. Count on it." He ended peacefully, finally contempt as he bounced off the door, and quickly made way past her. Within a couple of chimes, he would be on his way to somewhere, private.

This would be the last time, something like this ever happened to this boy.
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Words: 636820
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2013, 9:25 pm
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on July 17th, 2013, 3:00 am

Fallon

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 3 XP
Wrestling + 2 XP
Brawling + 2 XP
Medicine + 1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Training by night and pulled into the dept of fear
Humiliated by shadows
Night brawlers
Kise to the rescue!
A life stolen, and a survivor is born

Kise

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 4 XP
Investigation + 2 XP
Medicine + 2 XP
Storytelling + 1 XP
Boxing + 3 XP
Interrogation + 2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Talking to myself
Finally learning to protect
Struggling with duality
Duh Sherlock, it's not friendly cat play!
Night brawlers

Notes :
Awesome thread you too. Very well written, and Fallon VERY stylish. Kise I was so proud of you in this thread I had to stand up and raise my shield to you, well done squire! Now injury time..Fallon will have a scar on her left shoulder from where she was stabbed.

The Sylir has spoken
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Previous