Completed The Hunter and the Ghost

A hunter meets a split personality ghost.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The Hunter and the Ghost

Postby Roderick on July 23rd, 2013, 9:41 pm

55th of Summer, 513 A.V

Roderick had been to the Rearing Stallion before, and gotten a nasty hangover and a day spent hunting in the Bronze Wood after drunkenly boasting to a man called Wade about how much meat he could get on a hunt.
It wasn't always too bad, though; he'd also met Sei Tendo, and trained together with the Kelvic. Not a bad experience all told, but one that had demanded quite a bit of energy.

He wasn't sure what he expected to gain by coming here today; he'd handed over a silver miza and had been sipping on the same ale for over an hour; he'd decided he wanted to avoid a repeat of what happened with Wade. He'd chatted with a few patrons he'd gotten to know over his time in the city, and met a couple others. They'd all headed off for their own reasons, so for the moment he was alone. He didn't mind; the place had cleared quite a bit so it was quieter, and sometimes he just liked to sit and think to himself.
Last edited by Roderick on August 14th, 2013, 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Hunter and the Ghost

Postby Shiyami on July 23rd, 2013, 11:26 pm

Shiyami sighed audibly as he walked into the bar. He was followed by his moving luggage box, with Kimi who was resting on said box without a care in the world. Normally places like these are avoided, due to the lack of interest from other customers in the area, but he wasn't really here out of his own free will. Kimi had taken off her ribbon, before giving him a lecture on socializing, and told him to go to the bar, where there was plenty of people to talk too. Thinking on her decision, a bar, would not be the highest on the list of 'Place where people want to meet a ghost' list, but unable to bring up any better ideas, Shiyami was stuck with the Rearing Stallion.

Sihging again, as he noticed the amount of living beings in the bar was lower than usual. Looks like Kimi's plans have failed. Nonetheless, Shiyami sat down in one of the chairs at the side, before placing the box -and Kimi- down beside him. Looking at the epople come and go, with the most bored expression possible.
Last edited by Shiyami on August 26th, 2013, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Hunter and the Ghost

Postby Roderick on July 23rd, 2013, 11:35 pm

Roderick sipped his ale and exchanged small talk with the bartender; they both glanced over at the door as it opened, not really paying much attention at first, but staring in quiet surprise at the people walking in.
They watched as a boy walked into the bar flanked by a floating box, with a girl sitting on top. Rod looked into his mug, then turned and stared at the bartender.
"The fuck're you putting in this stuff?" the bartender smiled with amusement, shrugged and wandered off to serve another patron, leaving Rod sitting vaguely opposite the newcomers as they sat down. He asked himself if he wanted to talk to these people, and cursed loudly in his head about avoiding them like a bad rash.
Last edited by Roderick on August 14th, 2013, 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Hunter and the Ghost

Postby Shiyami on July 24th, 2013, 12:35 am

Shiyami, bored out off his mind, looked around once again. however, this time he noticed someone at the bar, who seemed to be surprised at seeing spectres floating around. 'Let's have some fun', Shiyami thought, looking for ways to relieve his boredom. Waving his hand out, motioning for the man at the bar to come over, he smiled. Kimi, on the other hand, did not notice the commotion that her plan had caused, as she was till asleep.
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Hunter and the Ghost

Postby Roderick on July 24th, 2013, 8:13 am

He's signalling. Why? Why couldn't he sit in the corner and leave me out of it? He was inviting him over, though, and Rod figured he should go along with this for a little bit to avoid annoying the demon children. He got up and walked over to them, his feet tapping noisily on the floor in the unusually quiet bar. He sat down near them - near, that is. There was at least a quarter of a meter between himself and the boy.
Last edited by Roderick on August 14th, 2013, 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Hunter and the Ghost

Postby Shiyami on July 24th, 2013, 6:35 pm

Shiyami laughed inside his head when he saw the man walk towards him. 'I'm surprise. He is taking the bait?', was his thoughts, colored with mischievousness. When the man sat a quarter of a meter away from him, he smiled. "Don't worry, I am not going to eat your face...yet.", Shiyami called out, in a tone one would use when they were joking around, all with a smile on his face.

Kimi, finally waking up, looked around before noticing where she was. Noticing the man sitting a distance away, she tilted her head as she examined him, without even thinking whether or not her staring would make him uncomfortable or not.
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Hunter and the Ghost

Postby Roderick on July 24th, 2013, 7:03 pm

"Don't worry, I am not going to eat your face... yet." Oh, well that's reassuring the girl on the box woke up then and sat and stared at Rod, tilting her head at him as though he were the one that looked odd.
The boy had one eye closed for some reason, even though there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Rod sipped his ale, leaned back and smiled pleasantly, while instinct told him to get up and walk out of the tavern as quickly as he could.
Last edited by Roderick on August 14th, 2013, 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Hunter and the Ghost

Postby Shiyami on July 24th, 2013, 8:19 pm

Shiyami sighed as he realized the man would not want to talk. Looking at Kimi with the expression that seems to say, 'I told you so', he looked back at the man. 'Might as well try, since he at least came over.', he thought to himself, before motioning with his hand to the man again. "Is something wrong?" Shiyami called out, while Kimi, not content enough with just staring, got off the box, and walked towards the man. She put both hands behind her back, before leaning in to take a better look at the man's face.
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Hunter and the Ghost

Postby Roderick on July 24th, 2013, 8:31 pm

He had to stop himself from leaning away as the girl climbed off the box, walked up to him with her hands behind her back, and leaned forward, staring straight into his face. He met her stare and raised an eyebrow "What? Am I really that pretty?" he said with a smirk to hide his uneasiness "Don't you think you're a little young to be staring men up?"
He turned and looked at the boy He's a child. I'm not going to be frightened of a child, no matter how weird he is. "Problem? Oh, there's no problem. It's just that you looked ready kill someone when you walked in - and you've got a weird little girl on a floating box following you around, there's that too. And right now she's clacking her skull against mine and you're sizing me up like a juicy bit of steak." he nudged the girl back slightly with his arm "Or maybe I drank more than I thought and this isn't happening, and I'm actually passed out at the bar. Or maybe I'm wandering around by the main gate singing about a bear and a honey-coated maid."
He took another sip of ale I need to leave. Soon
Last edited by Roderick on August 14th, 2013, 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Hunter and the Ghost

Postby Shiyami on July 24th, 2013, 9:16 pm

Shiyami was curious as to why this man wouldn't do anything. Normally, a human would either be curious about a ghost, and talk to them, or run screaming for the hills, with their tail between their legs. This one seemed more...hesitant of the sort.

"Problem? Oh, there's no problem. It's just that you looked ready kill someone when you walked in - and you've got a weird little girl on a floating box following you around, there's that too. And right now she's clacking her skull against mine and you're sizing me up like a juicy bit of steak."

'Ah, so he actually speaks now. 'Bout time...', Shiyami thought, before sighing audibly. "Kimi, back.", he muttered, to which Kimi makes a pout, before turning back to sit on the still floating box. "I'm not looking for a fight. I'm just extremely bored. Would you have anything that can help?", Shiyami asked, this time in a more entertained tone, like someone watching a show or a performance go on.
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next