Open The Lost and Hopeless

In which Artur finds himself unable to remember anything prior to his hibernation.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

The Lost and Hopeless

Postby Artur on May 8th, 2013, 5:21 am

Artur struggled to keep up with Svan, as he could only continue to pull his weight for so long. At last though they seemed to be far out of harms way by now, and when Svan had collapsed out of breath Artur just fell onto his bottom with great pants. Running was something he had to get used to, as clearly his winterly hibernation put him out of shape. He was almost about to sweat from the workout he had just gotten, it was actually quite surprising that he didn't. His breathe though was definitely what proved he got a work out, as he was almost rasping for air. Svan seemed to observe the friendly plants that were around them and when he turned onto his belly to look past Artur a reaction came, one that made the bear look behind him just to see what the fuss would've been about. Clearly there wasn't anything to fuss but praise, as their entryway had appeared before them!

Artur grunted as he pulled himself onto his feet, both legs a bit sore and shakey from the run. Already he could feel the need to eat something coming on again, but this time he could hold it off until he finished his first day at his job. The hour was coming and he would soon need to find the Withering Rose, for now though Artur stuck with Svan. He agreed that it was high time they left the garden behind, and maybe tie a long, long, make it very long rope to the gate. That way they won't be lost next time.

"So that was... kinda fun. Except for the 'we alnost got ate by plants' part anyway. Do you know where to find the Withering Rose around here?" He asked with hopes to start a conversation, glad to put the garden far behind him.
"Artur's words" Artur's thoughts "Others words"

Ricky
Scrapbook - Vlogs
Artur
Only slightly troubled.

Words: 182526
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 3:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Lost and Hopeless

Postby Licearsvansan on May 18th, 2013, 6:05 am

[Svan laughed at the bear's question. "Even if this wasn't Alvadas I wouldn't know where the Withering Rose was after coming out of that maze."

Svan rose to his feet with a grunt and dusted himself off. He then placed his hands on his knees, and took in a deep gulp of air before breathing it out again. Slowly he pinched his eyes shut and with obvious strain he spoke to the bear, "Listen, perhaps you have forgotten but the streets of Alvadas change on a regular basis." Svan opened a single eye to look at the bear. It was bloodshot and the snake was quickly developing a headache from holding the morph to his voice for so long. "If you want to find it though I suggest we get some high ground. Better vantage point and all." Svan let out a deep sigh and relaxed his body a little. The headache wasn't serious yet but he was having trouble drifting his mind from the pain since the morph demanded that he keep some measure of focus to maintain it. He wanted more than anything to let it go, but doing so would mean that Svan couldn't speak any longer without revealing his Dhani accent.

"Shall we get going then? The pollen from those plants is giving me a migrane and I would like to rest before it feels like a lumberjack is screwing with my head. Without waiting for a response the snake began heading off towards the nearest low building and attempted to climb it. Only to fall flat on his back and increase his headache by at least 3 times its previous strength. The Dhani man clutched his head and swore softly in his native tongue before getting up and turning back to the bear. "A lift perhaps would be nice."

People walking by only shook their heads at the brown haired Dhani. They had no idea why he was so fascinated with climbing of the roofs of Alvadas when all he ever did was fall.

To hide his dhani nature from anyone, Svan has taken measures to hide his lisp. As such, he will not have any extra "ssss" on his words unless indicated otherwise.
Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Words: 361391
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2012, 1:56 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Lost and Hopeless

Postby Artur on May 21st, 2013, 6:43 am

Artur laughed as Svan reminded him the streets like to change, he had forgotten that detail due to the fact they had a rather exciting trip into the Garden. He followed the man and wondered if he must be feeling exhausted, because a sort of rasp could be heard in his voice that wasn't there before. It wasn't anything significant to the bear, as he figured the running around and such must have done more than exhauste him. The pollen started to give him a migraine as well so that could be another reason why, but for Artur though it was the occasional itch in his nose that almost made him sneeze.

When Svan mentioned a lift Artur looked confused, until he finally made the connection that "lift" was meant for being picked up. "Oh! You need me to help you up. Gotcha!" He nodded as he knelt onto his knee's, he waited until Svan stood to where Artur's head was between his legs before he lifted the man onto his shoulders. There was a bit of a struggle to maintain balance as Artur did this as the bear teetered a bit to the left and then to the right. Thankfully he didn't fall or drop Svan when he regained his footing, and thus he waited until his friend could climb up. That is if his nose didn't interject with the plan. Artur tried to hold the sneeze back and crinkle his nose to fight the itch, irritated with the feeling of pressure that began to build. "Hey Svan, you might wanna hurry. I gotta-" A couple of gasps as the urge and pressure grew, only a few more moments before he could no longer hold it back. 'Oriana help me, please hurry!!'

Ricky
Scrapbook - Vlogs
Artur
Only slightly troubled.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Lost and Hopeless

Postby Licearsvansan on June 1st, 2013, 5:00 am

Svan hopped up onto the bear and grabbed for the ledge of the building. He found the this task however, incredibly difficult due to the bear's waving stance. The Dhani's fingers grasped time and time again at the ledge only for the bear to veer to the side and cause Svan to loose hold of the roof. "Petch it Artur, can't you hold steady for a-WOAH!" Svan's arms swung like pinwheels as he tried to keep his balance atop the Kelvic. Despite his best efforts to keeps from falling Svan was fighting a loosing battle and only managed to keep from hitting the ground due to the bear shifting once again underneath him.

"Hey Svan, you might wanna hurry. I gotta-" The bear suddenly said before being cut off by short gasps of air.

You have to be kidding me? You have to sneeze? Just perfect! Svan thought as he frowned. If the shorting intervals were any indication to how little time Svan had left before the bear collapsed, The snake had better make its move. Fast. Svan swung close to the wall once more and realizing this might be his last chance, Svan couched down on Artur's shoulders. Sorry buddy, you may feel a bit of pressure. The snake leapt of the kelvic like a spring and reached his arms out over the ledge to grab hold.

With a padded thud he hit the edge. His head arms and chest were over the top, but his waist still hung limply over the side. The snake let out a groan of pain. The rough landing had been cruel to his head, and the wind was still trying to find its way back to his lungs. Once Svan finally reclaimed his breath, he clawed at the wall with his feet until eventually he kicked one over the side. With that accomplished, he rolled over to his back and called out to the bear.

"Hey Artur, you alive down there?"

To hide his dhani nature from anyone, Svan has taken measures to hide his lisp. As such, he will not have any extra "ssss" on his words unless indicated otherwise.
Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Lost and Hopeless

Postby Artur on June 3rd, 2013, 2:59 am

Artur felt a great deal of pressure on his shoulders as Svan made the jump, his mind went into a complete hazy fog as he teetered back from the force his friend used to reach the top of the building. He nearly lost his balance until he managed to regain a foothold, the sneeze finally released in its full fury. "Ha-CHOO!" His head went forward as his body cringed, the fog in his min finally lifted as his sinuses managed to clear out some. Spring time was no doubt the worst time, allergies and bodily urges were no doubt what waited to haunt him all season. Although the weather was considerably favorable half the time, Spring definitely was a season he didn't like.

Another sneeze made itself known as his nose itched and burned once more, the bear already took short gasps as it built up to finally release once more. Thankfully the bear needn't hold back this time, now that Svan made it to the roof. "Hey Artur, you alive down there?"

"Ha-CHOO!" The sneeze was a roar this time, complete blow out as he lost balance once again. The foggy haze finally lifted as the bear sniffed a bit, his nose finally relieved of any more burning or itchy sensations. 'I hate allergies...' He grimaced as he looked up to the roof, curious if Svan had climbed up with little injury. "Fine. Still breathing thank Oriana, are you okay up there? Didn't hurt yourself in the jump did you?" He waited to hear a response from Svan, then would proceeded to ask the next following question. "Do you see the restuarant anywhere?"

Ricky
Scrapbook - Vlogs
Artur
Only slightly troubled.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Lost and Hopeless

Postby Licearsvansan on June 7th, 2013, 3:02 am

So the bear was alright, that was good. "Still breathing" wasn't the most assuring response, but the snake didn't really care about all the little scrapes the bear might have gotten so long as he didn't suffer anything too horrible. "Aside from the drum inside my head? I'll be fine." Svan smiled, it was nice of the bear to return the concern. Svan would have to get him a cookie later.

"Do you see the restuarant anywhere?" the bear shouted.

"Just a moment!" The Dhani shouted as he swung his arms over his head. Using the momentum Svan sat up and scanned the buildings around them. No, not it, nope, petching shyke where is this place. Svan thought angrily as he failed to find the building. He scanned a full 360 degrees and then spun around once more hoping that he had accidentally missed it. Unfortunately, the building was no where to be found. "I'm sorry Artur but I don't see it. Its either hiding behind another building or too far off in the distance to see." The snake frowned with dismay. It could take hours of searching to find the building, and while Svan a good game of hide and seek as much as the next guy, he wasn't fond the idea of having to mask his accent much longer.

Svan walked over to the opposite edge of the roof and looked down it. "Hey Artur I'm gonna get down on this side. the roof is a little lower and there is a crate I can use to climb down." Svan waited a moment to hear if the bear had heard him and then began scaling down the rooftop. He landed on the crate with a thud, and looked around the street. A few people were staring at him, but most had apparently seen stranger things than a man climbing off a rooftop. In this city, Svan was surprised anyone noticed him at all. It was more likely his drab choice of color than anything. He was a brown dot in the middle of a rainbow here. The snake hop over to the side of the crate and took a seat on its ledge. He watched a woman in fine dressing approaching him, seemingly debating whether to give him a lesson on proper street-going etiquette. Svan smiled meanly at the woman and, apparently deciding that Svan was a lost cause, turned to the right and entered a small building to the snake's side. The Dhani looked up to see what kind of building it was that such a classy lady was entering, and nearly dropped his jaw to the floor when he saw that he had been STANDING on the Withering Rose.

"Artur come over here...I think I found it."

Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Lost and Hopeless

Postby Artur on June 8th, 2013, 12:20 am

Artur waited and wondered if the building was in sight, the bear crossed his arms with patience until Svan finally responded. Much to his disappointment the Withering Rose failed to be anywhere in sight, which means he would have another long search ahead of him. Svan called him out and told him he would be getting down on the other side, the bear could only hope Alvadas wouldn't randomly seperate the two of them. "Okay." He confirmed anxiously, as he made a quick paced walk to meet back with Svan. When he turned the corner to see his friend stood in the middle of the street, he wondered just what could cause him to react so oddly.

Much to his excitement as Artur finally arrived he heard Svan exclaimed he had found the place. Artur wondered how so considering he had just said the place was nowhere in sight, but sure enough the bear's expression dropped too when he looked at the building. He was right. The Withering Rose was right before him, the whole time he'd helped Svan climb to the roof he'd been right next to it! "Thank Oriana! You've been a big help man." Artur sighed in relief and gave Svan a big bear hug, finally happy that he would now get the chance to work.

oocThis is pretty much a good departing point for the two, as my other thread with him beginning his job picks up right at this point. :)

[/color]

Ricky
Scrapbook - Vlogs
Artur
Only slightly troubled.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Lost and Hopeless

Postby Licearsvansan on June 9th, 2013, 12:34 am

Svan nearly felt his bones snap under the pressure of the hug. A bear hug. Ha, very funny....ow When the man released him Svan nearly collapsed to the ground. He steady himself just in time to see the bear walking into his work. The snake gave the bear a smile and wave as he back peddled into the street and away from the restaurant. Once the bear could no longer see him, Svan turned around and swore in dhani. He let out a massive breath of exhaustion and let his head hang before he began on his way home.

Svan didn't hate the bear, in fact he liked the kindhearted man. Still, being able to drop his accent and rest in his bed were two very appealing ideas that Svan had been longing for. As he walked down the road trying his best to ignore the rhythmic poundings in his head he made a quick prayer to Caiyha for him. Svan then thought of the other gods or goddess the kelvic had spoken of. Silently he whispered a second prayer to this "Oriana" for the bear's success. Svan didn't know much about that god, but Artur deserved every blessing he could get. Being as gullible as he was, he would probably need them all too if he hoped to survive in Alvadas.

Coming to his apartment, Svan walk to his room, opened the door, and flopped onto the bed. As he drifted off to sleep he imagined all of the delicious foods Artur was likely cooking. Svan hoped to see him again someday.

Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Lost and Hopeless

Postby Auric on July 30th, 2013, 8:04 pm

YAY FOR GRADES!
Shared Lores
The Garden of No Return
FInding the Withering Rose

Licearsvansan
Lores
Artur, the Bear Kelvic
Artur (Basic)
The Withering Rose (Location)
Skills
+3 Rhetoric
+2 Observation
+1 Foraging
+1 Leadership

Artur
Lores
Svan (Basic)
The Withering Rose (Location)
Skills
+3 Rhetoric
+2 Observation

Additional Notes: So, when I grade I give out 'Basic' lores referencing other PCs in the thread. This is just a lore that shows you've met the PC once, and that your PC would be able to recognize his/her appearance from a short distance and that you are vaguely familiar with their personality.
As for the lore, The Wither Rose (Location), Alvadas being Alvadas, this isn't a lore referencing the restaurant's location, but instead, the lore is more about the general appearance of the restaurant.

I would recommend in future threads that you both use more detail in describing actions, but other than that, it was a really nice meet and greet thread. Both Svan and Artur seemed to get along well, and I can't wait to read future threads between the two.

If either of you have any questions regarding this grade, skills or lores, please message me and I will do my best to correct them!

Stay Golden.
Auric
The Midas Touch

Words: 21083
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2013, 6:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook

Previous