Completed Faith In Hope

[Priskil's Spire] Ricky visits the Spire with Telion to learn a little about Priskil.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Faith In Hope

Postby Ricky Maze on August 2nd, 2013, 9:35 am

Faith In Hope
Summer 25 513 AV; 10th Bell

The days were hotter lately when anybody walked the streets of Zeltiva, many have taken to lighter layers of clothes that could help ease the heat that beamed during the day. For Ricky all he needed was his old worn vest from his younger days and the day was less troublesome, whereas Telion had to put on a white shirt to match the turquoised color skirt she chose. The day had just started for the couple and so far their summer has been decent if not a bit dangerous, Ricky still had three escaped jail birds to worry about after all and they still remained a threat to his family. Today though Tel decided she wanted to come to Priskil's Spire, since she had the chance to take Ricky somewhere before work she saw this as an opportunity, a fitting one at best if Ricky were to learn more about the Gods and Goddesses. As they entered the Spire Ricky picked up on the sense of peace that filled the place, sounds of wings flapped in the upper levels as pigoens did they're given task of sending messages. Ricky took notice of a statue he assumed dedicated to Priskil herself, a beautifully depictured sculpture that looked to be deep in prayer for something. "There's several statues dedicated to Priskil within the entire Spire, and many look to her light when they find their paths are darkened." She told him as though she quoted someone, maybe perhaps a priest or some other chap who waisted their time in worshipping these higher powers. Ricky never took too much time to devote himself to any specific God or Goddess, but as of late he found himself wondering if he should.

Should he begin to put himself out there in belief that some higher power watches over him? Should he try and allow faith in something other then what he understands become existent for the sake of those he loved? He wanted to know, just what should he do. Yet there was no answer, no clear sign of hope, and just when he admitted that to Telion this morning she took it as a sign. Ricky would first learn of Faith and learn how to have it, amd what better way to start by having faith in hope. "I can't understand just how one blindly follows somethin' they can't see." He irked with a puzzled look down to Tel, who in turn looked up to him with a gentle smile.

"Faith isn't magic, anyone can do it." She pointed out as she remembered the day Ricky brought his first shield into the fabric of reality, that was a day the two of them could never easily forget so easily. "You just have to be able to give that part of yourself, and your time, to show that deity you are devoted to them. Whether it be a God, or a Goddess." She nodded to the statue before them, her smile to him grew a bit wider now.

"Faith is about surrenderin', I could never do that." He remarked with an unchanged expression, his opinion remained unchanged even by her words unfortunately.

"Faith is not surrendering Ricky, faith is believing in something more. We're all lost at some point, so we rely on faith to help us find our way." She turned to Ricky and took his hands and pulled him down. "Your faith starts here." She added as they both came to kneel before on another, Telion looked into his eyes with serenity in her own. "Now close your eyes," he obeyed as she instructed him to do so, "and start to pray."

"Pray f'r what?" He quirked with a chuckle, a little amused with Telion for attempting this.

"Anything. More importantly everything." She spoke softly now her gentle hands wrapped with Ricky's as they both knelt together. "Priskil is the Goddess of Hope and Light Ricky, her radiance is what gives us the light we need to see our path."

"You sound like one o' them priests or priestesses." He teased but she only shushed him, the smirk on his face disappeared rapidly as he took her more seriously.

"Right now you need hope, hope for yourself and hope for those around you. Make peace with what you've kept hidden inside, and allow Priskil to give you hope Ricky." She continued to watch him as he took a deep breath, and then exhaled as she repeated her self once more. "Now pray."

"I..." His mind drew a blank, not even sure where to begin his prayer, Ricky found himself completely lost at how such a think was properly done. "M'lady Priskil? I'm sorry, I'm terrible at all this worship. It's a new experience for me I can actually admit." Another smile came and quickly went away soon after, his thoughts finally began to unroll as they would allow for him to continue. "I've lived long enough to know fear, pain, love, and hate. Fear and courage is somethin' I've to live with ev'ry day recently, and lately I've come to question me abilities. I've learned how t' use magic but fear losin' me self to it, thus haven't risked the chance though threats still exist." He started to find it easy now, almost as though he were telling a story. "All me friends and me family believe in me, and I can only try to live up t' their expectations. What I want is t' be their shield, their protector in the times they are defenseless. I want to keep ev'ryone safe, be the person they see me as."

He hadn't felt any part of him really change, but he didn't expect it to happen anyway. "I... don't know if me words reach yer ear's m'lady, but I find me self wantin' t' believe. I really do. I'm just not entirely sure where t' start..."
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Faith In Hope

Postby Ricky Maze on August 12th, 2013, 2:16 pm

There was nothing. No change within him was felt as he searched, only silence filled his head as the spires open reaches echoed of pigeons in the background. Ricky hadn't any idea what to think on his praying, in truth he found it rather silly and actually; a waste of time. Yet he started to understand what Telion was getting at now, the concept of it at the very least. In praying to the Goddess one could find comfort, in belief that she may in fact listen to the words spoken into the mind. Admittedly Ricky himself felt slightly better sharing this part of himself, though the idea of it still seemed to be a farfetched manner. This came from the beliefs of a man who knew only so little about the Divines, he grew up only respecting Laviku after all. "Think of everything that's good, that gives you hope Ricky. Let that wash away any fear or doubt you may have." Telion whispered to him now, yet he didn't dare open his eyes just yet.

This whole thing he was trying felt like a type of meditation, one that he wouldn't let go to waste since it was the two of them. The spire brought that sense of peace after all, the worry he felt long before entering seemed to lessen as he found his spirit calmed once more. Where waves churned aimlessly against one another the waters were once again at a steady roll within his being, thus he found the chance to ease his disturbances out and allow his mind to ventilate all troubles. "The fact I've a home once more gives me hope, it provides the foundation I need f'r me family. It may not be much o' a home, but it shelters us from the world nonetheless." He exhaled softly after a deep breath, his thoughts now cleaned out all the troubles that taunted his mind. "I've got Telion now, she's become more then just me whole world. She's ev'rythin' I could ask f'r and more, without 'er I'd be lost a long time ago." His spirit once more felt uplifted by the thoughts he had, a smile brought onto his face as he felt the joy of love take over. "We've a child on the way now, and that gives me newfound purpose. Not only am I father, but a teacher t' the baby come the arrival." The excited anxiousness welled within him now, as he could only imagine what it would feel to hold his child for the first time.

"Everybody believes in me, they know they can count on me." As he remembered his friends and the lessons he learned, he found that his purpose had all the more grown. He was a role model nonetheless, a humble man with the innate desire to keep those around him safe from danger. "I'm their shield, and so long as I protect them, they'll continue to support me and believe in me." He reassured himself, his heart now embraced the positivity inside him. "I'm a protector, a guardian o' Zeltiva and proud t' be one." He cracked his eyes open to peek at Telion, she held her head up with eyes closed, and she too prayed to her Goddess. Ricky's smile grew only wider as he returned back to his thoughts. "M'lady Priskil, I pray to ye now. I pray b'cause I knew not where t' start me beliefs, but I think I understand now. Ye're there to remind us that hope exists more than anythin', even in the most troublesome o' times there can be hope. With that in mind, I think I'll allow me self to devote faith." He felt odd but rather less odd compared to earlier, his new found beliefs started to develop as he accepted Priskil in his heart. In times of despair he would remind himself of hope and look at the bright side of things, because even in the darkest night a light would always break through.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Faith In Hope

Postby Ricky Maze on August 20th, 2013, 10:14 am

His eyes opened slowly to see the room around him, Telion still held her head up as she continued her prayer. Ricky couldn't help the growth in his smile when he watched her, so peaceful as though nothing could trouble her. She held hope for them both and brought him here so he too might be able have such hope, instead he found something that was even better. She was his hope. Their baby was his hope. Everything Ricky could ever want was right here with him; before his very eyes no less. Ricky's gentle grip on her soft hands grew stronger as he leaned closer, slightly he pulled her in as her lips cracked a smile. A giggle parted as she opened her eyes only for a moment, and then closed as they shared a long content kiss before they refrained. "Feel better?" She remarked with another giggle as Ricky helped brought her to her feet.

"Yeah actually, much better than I thought I would." He admitted with a humble tone in his voice, a content grin down to her as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"See, what did I tell you." She retorted with an eased sigh, her arms around his torso as she looked up to him.

"That'd ye'd make a believer outta me yet." He remarked back with a slight snicker, both laughed a little as they proceeded to leave the Spire to attend to their daily tasks. They would first eat at the Grotto together, and continue the rest of their day with spirits a little higher near the end. In turn Ricky would continue to think on this day, and always remember Priskil and how she gived hope. He would also think about what gives him hope, and took a mental note at what he would only need to see or think of to be reminded what his hope truly was.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Faith In Hope

Postby Abstract on October 24th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Grade Awarded!

Ricky

Skills

N/A

Lores

~ Faith: How to Pray
~ Faith: Praying makes you feel better

Other

N/A

Notes

Not much to give here, but you got two decently useful lores! It was a great insight into Ricky's life though :)

Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)