Closed Payback time [Ximal]

A lovely day got overshadowed for Revy.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Payback time [Ximal]

Postby Revy Hiroe on June 7th, 2013, 11:44 pm

The mercenary had her eyes fixed on the giant in front of her and almost started to smirk when she saw his disbelief. Oh it payed to be vague here. Now she had gotten some enjoyment out of him yet again. Would it be possible to get him speechless a couple times more today? Or was she out of tricks to play on him now? She'd only find out after it'd happened.

What she heard then was... rather stunning. He'd pay for that set of armor if she would consign to three favours.... No, that was too much. She'd rather work for a season herself, if she wanted it. Or she could try and get the number down at least. It'd be wise to put some rules on the favors too probably. "Three's too much. How about one. And if I don't like it, puts me in mortal danger or goes against what I believe, it is void. You'll have given it to me for free then.", she replied.

She was fully aware that Xi would most likely come with a counter offer for that, but meh... it was worth a shot. And if he didn't and agree to it, she'd have found herself some very cheap armor. "Actually, I do hope he agrees to this. I want that armor pretty badly. I'm sure that with that I would be much more useful to Zandy.", she thought to herself.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Payback time [Ximal]

Postby Ximal on June 8th, 2013, 12:42 am

So she was interestd in his offer. Xi smirked and then heard her try to haggle the countermand down...Xi now activated his pickings up from zand. He was going to try and negotiate this down with her. "Alright, two favours. If it puts you in mortal danger they're both void, if it goes against what you believe then i'll change it but no getting out of it just because you don't like it, that's not how favours work. Are we agreed on those terms ?" Xi smirked as he lifted the gear off of the counter and carried it with him out the door of the smiths. Xi then thoguth of a ratehr cheap tactic. One he knew would probably work. "You can even ask ame, i stick by the terms i put forward and i don't bend them to suit myself. I once had an agreement with her along similar lines but nothing bad happened. So if you want some one you can trust to back me up ask ame. Two favours, the terms stated, and then were even. fair enough ? I mena it's not like you've anything to loose and with that armour i'm sure you'd be a better shield for ame. Or am i misinterpreting your intentions with that steel wall?"

Xi smirked assuming he'd hit the nail on the head, if revy did anything out of the ordinary, it was usually for zandy. So Xi was hopefully trying to ply that angle to get what HE wanted, and he didn't want much yet, but he was beginning to get a better grasp on a few things and eventually he'd call in one fo the favours with the express intention of increasing his capabilities within a particular field.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Payback time [Ximal]

Postby Revy Hiroe on June 8th, 2013, 1:23 pm

His counteroffer was... better then his first one, but she still didn't seem to be comfortable with it. Maybe it would be better to clarify something beforehand. "This offer seems to be better, but I want to clarify one more thing. If it is ANYTHING magic-related, count me out. I ain't comin' near that crap. So if you have any intention of using that, I'll be saying goodbye there and then.", she told him. No matter how much she wanted that armor, it was not worth it if one of the favors would be magic related. That stuff was trouble and nothing good could come out of it..... ever.

Him saying that she could trust him, immediately ringed the alarm bells inside her head. Zandelia would never fully trust someone. Not unless she had some incriminating information on them. However, he did nail exactly what Revy wanted with that metal. Only an ever so slightly blush became visible as she glared at him. "If you agree to that last condition, we'll have a deal.", she told him

"I don't feel like I can trust him, not even if he's saying that I should ask Zandelia. Him having to prove it, only makes it less believable.", she thought to herself as she walked off. He should agree to that, if not.... well the deal would be off then. She hated magic. It was something dangerous, if not extremely dangerous. She was actually scared of it, but didn't admit that, nor realize it. Each time she signed a contract for work, she asked if there would be any magic involved, blowing it off if there was.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Payback time [Ximal]

Postby Ximal on June 8th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Xi sighed as she still gave a counter offer, but t was only one condition and his plan half involved magic, but not useing it on or around her, he wanted to study her form. Eventually he was going to have to try and transform himself so he was going to have to attempt to find someone to help him learn. Xi weighed up his options in his head thinking about how he was going to say this. Eventually he decided upon how. "Alright i agree to that last condition after all, you don;t seriously expect a man of my size who both you and ame question the brain power of to be able to use something as complex as magic ? Seriously ?"Xi smiled knowing full well he'd have to mask his intention, but...how ? Then it struck him like a bolt of lightning, the inspiration to hide it. Xi's face betrayed nothing as he spoke out trying his pest to keep up his earlier failings to hide how much he liked her. "Well...as a sign of good faith, i'll tell you the first favour. I've recently taken up drawing as a pass time, a little hobby you might say...Nothing special or fancy. For my first favour i was just going to ask if you could do some modelling for me? I mean it's not exactly dangerous nor will it be seen by anyone but you and myself."

Xi smiled lightly masking his true intent behind a veneer of embarrassment and innocence. As well sa the stupidity that everyone so deeply though he was capable of. The big brute only good for punching things...A perfect way to hide how he was really going to act. "So is that a fair agreement then ? You can see my...dis-alluring manner of asking because it's not something I'd particularly want to broad cast without knowing how you'd react first, but seeing as were supposedly going to be in better terms ? I thought i may as well come clean now." A calm and warm smile adorned Xi's face.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Payback time [Ximal]

Postby Revy Hiroe on June 9th, 2013, 9:33 pm

The mercenary was skeptical about Xi's statement of not knowing magic. After all... if a Nuit with a rotting brain could use magic, anyone could. She gave him a look that reflected her thoughts, before she answered: "You never know who might know magic. Had to fight nuts once... even they can cast magic with that half-rotten brain of theirs." She actually hadn't been planning on telling him any personal information, but she just flapped it out before she realized it.

His next words were... surprising. That giant and drawing? What was THAT for a combination? It didn't suit him, not in the least. And as if to vent her thoughts, she started to snicker. "You and... drawing? Really? It doesn't suit you at all. Just stick to brainless work, like moving logs or rocks or something.", she just told him. "After all.. it might be the only thing your good for."
"Well... and breaking bones, but I ain't tellin' him that.", she thought to herself.

But all in all, it was a fair deal. She didn't really mind having her drawn, as long as it stayed in his private possession. However, his warm smile somehow disgusted her. It just send a shiver up her spine and she didn't quite realize why, but most likely it was because it made it seem like he really had fallen for her. And the mercenary didn't like it when men fell for her... She didn't want to have anything to do with them in all honesty.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Payback time [Ximal]

Postby Balderdash on August 6th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Delicious rewards! Happy days and jubilation!

Skill XP Awarded
Observation 4
Snarking 1
Rhetoric 2
Seduction 1
Intimidation 1
Persuasion 2
Subterfuge 1

Lores: Shopping Is Better Than Murder, Ogling Men Is Good, Ximal Ruins Everything, Ximal Is Not To Be Trusted Around Valuables, Petch Wood, Petch It Something Fierce, Even Mercs Want To Be Pretty, Never Speak Zandy's Name, Ximal Is A Pervert, Favor Haggling, A Deal With Ximal, Magic Is Evil, Nuit Are Icky

Items and Consequences: +1 Black Shirt, Silk, +1 Red Skirt, Silk, +1 Blue Skirt, Leather, +1 Black Skirt, Cotton, +1 Red Shirt, fine wool, +1 White Shirt, Cotton, +1 Shield, Large, Steel, +2 Boots, Leather

D'aaww. Revy can be so adorably girly sometimes!

If you have any questions or concerns about this grade, please PM me. A happy you is a happy Balderdash!

Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Previous