Completed Still Waters Run Deep (Rayage)

Worn from travel, Jabari finds momentary reprieve within the aquatics of Asra's Bath House & Spa. Little does he know, fate has sent him to the same place and time of Rayage, a nearly 8 hundred year old being of untold knowledge and power.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Still Waters Run Deep (Rayage)

Postby Jabari Dreamchaser on July 2nd, 2013, 1:05 am

Glad that the awkwardness of the evening appeared to have excused itself from the bath, Jabari listened to the string of questions Rayage presented. After a chime of consideration, he responded."No, I haven't found the understanding I seek from those words, but I will take a riddle over nothing at all."

He thought back to The Crystal Cavern and the task Avalis set before him. She didn't have to reveal herself to the pleading youth, and yet she did. Jabari loved her for that, and would take whatever the once Otani queen was able to offer, no matter the obscurity. "For now, I will put one foot in front of the other until the truth finally reveals itself. And then, I will go home."

If he had been told to wait until the end of the world to return, Jabari would have accepted the answer and found somewhere to pass the days until then. Such sentiment showed on his face as the Chaser of Dreams continued. "Knowledge seems to be the key; knowledge of what I'm not sure. But while I try to work that out, I'll learn everything that I can about all that I can."

Another handful of ticks passed before he spoke again. "Do I seek out the darkness? I have honestly never given that option any thought." It was a sincere reply. After his fate had been revealed to a younger Jabari, the matter was rarely addressed. The years that followed were spent returning to the bliss of innocence. Gabrielle had seen to that. "I don't know what I would do if I did. I am no wizard, nor warrior, nor wise priest." What would he do if he came face to face with his fate? Contemplation was interrupted as Rayage spoke again.

Cute? The adopted son of The White Isle blushed at the word. "It's true, I have been sheltered. I didn't fully grasp just how much until I left Mura, but here I am and I'll have to learn to adapt as best I can." He made note of the advice given to be careful what he shared with strangers, while wondering what Rayge would do to keep him from harm. It wasn't disbelief, far from it. The slender daughters of Avalis had always been able to care for themselves and there was no reason the woman in front of him couldn't do the same. No, this was more of a curiosity that had been present ever since the dark haired figure arrived.

A curiosity that continued when the conversation turned towards his tattoo. Jabari reached to touch the Gnosis Mark, looking down at the stylized Seer's Lily inscribed on his side. Perhaps it was his conscious thought of the mark, perhaps it was his inquisitive nature towards the green eyed woman, or the act of touching the single blossom against his ribs... but the vision found him there, dark brown eyes gone pale in the moment.

A man, gaunt of frame and rotting of flesh, stood looking himself over in a full length mirror. Only, it wasn't his reflection shown, but that of Rayage. As he leaned forward to look over the dark bags beneath his eyes, so too did Rayage move closer, though with no such blemish under the eyes of her own pleasant complexion. Each movement that he made, so too did she. They both turned to look at Jabari and he returned to the present.

"I... should go." Confusion mixed with fear as amber danced with shades of pink along the teenager's irises. "It's g-getting late." Jabari did his best to appear calm despite the concern in his voice, heading towards the edge of the pool and retrieving his towel. With little to no regard for virtue, he made his way out of it's waters and awkwardly wrapped the towel around his waist, feet already moving towards the changing rooms.

Whether it was a deeply ingrained sense of courtesy or the lingering affects of hypnotism, none could say. But he stopped long enough to turn and face Rayage one last time, bowing slightly while murmuring. "Thank you for the pleasure of your company this evening."

Jabari Dreamchaser
to know without knowing

Words: 46515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2013, 3:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on July 9th, 2013, 5:32 pm

”Farewell.” she bid him goodbye having taken in everything that he said. There was a sudden change in him. That could not be mistaken. Rayage had been around people long enough to know when something was not completely right, and this smelled, perhaps more rotten flesh. She contemplated what could have made such a change so early on. The immortal was enjoying the little chat they were having.

She was about to go about finish washing herself when the boy turned around and thanked her. ”You’re quite welcome, child.” she said half laughing to herself. The boy was too good for this word. It would be a shame to see such innocence crushed by the hefty weight of the world. Reality could be eye opening, but would that be beneficial for someone so young?

She watched him walk away, smiling to herself some more, ”Please, be safe.” she wished him well.

What will you do then, boy, when the darkness comes knocking on your door? Perhaps she would stick around and find out that answer for herself.
x
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Abstract on August 17th, 2013, 3:52 pm

Loot, Lore, and Skills!

Jabari :
Skills:
Observation - 2
Socialization - 1
Interrogation - 1
Storytelling - 1

Lores:
Vysia: Sharp Honesty
Baths in the evening: Things can get a little weird
Rayage's (fake) reasons for being in Nyka
An Odd Vision

Rayage :
Skills:
Observation - 2
Socialization - 1
Hypnotism - 1
Storytelling - 1
Investigation - 1

Lores:
Evening is the best time for the baths
Vantha: Colorful hair and eyes
Jabari's past
Jabari's reasons for being in Nyka

That was a really good read... both of you are amazing writers! I liked their meeting, and Dream, that vision? I wonder what it was about... I find it funny how Rayage used hypnotism to make the story more dramatic and stuff. Also, I gave you both a point in storytelling for explaining your reasons for being in Nyka, both of them were very... interesting. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, just PM and we'll sort it out!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Previous