Completed [Bronze Woods] Scouring the woods (Jervis, Shiyami)

Jervis heads into the woods to gather materials and ecounters something more

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Bronze Woods] Scouring the woods (Jervis, Shiyami)

Postby Jervis Hill on August 12th, 2013, 3:50 am

Summer, Day 61, 513 AV

Jervis took in the sun as he strolled through these so called bronze woods. He'd come to the woods in search of some decent wood to add to his supplies, maybe some stone if he found some interesting rocks. Ever perched on his left shoulder sat Izzil sunning himself drowsily with his eyes closed, though every once and a wile he'd stick his head up open an eye and take a look around.

Jervis had left his wagon near the edge of the wood, so he knew he would have to carry back anything he wanted. He figured one decent log should do him for a bit for wood, so he was just searching for a fallen tree of appropriate size but it was taking longer than he'd expected. He'd gotten out he just after sunrise and it was fast approaching noon by now.

Another half hour of walking and he finally hit pay dirt by the base of a small cliff. It appeared to him a pine tree must have grown to large for it's precarious perch at the edge and cause to collapse and fall. It was perfect for his purposes, He hoped it would provide him with 20 to 30 pounds of pine, but he wouldn't know for sure until he stripped the branches away.

Jervis placed Izzy on a nearby rock and tossed his cassock down beside it.
He set to work quickly using his isurian arm to shave off the branches and tossing them into a pile. He was determined to waste as little as possible, trying to follow the lessons about natural world he had been taught by Kevil, so he would strip the needles from those branches later and pile them into his rucksack. Jervis was finished with the simple task in a few minutes and decided to leave the bark on to save him getting covered in sap, in case this was a recent fall.

With a sigh of exhaustion Jervis leaned against the cliff and wiped the sweat from his brow. Though common pine was light and would serve him well for handles when dried, as well Jervis had learned a few techniques to strengthen the wood using metal wire.
Last edited by Jervis Hill on September 1st, 2013, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shiyami on August 13th, 2013, 10:21 pm

Sighing out of boredom as Shiyami walked through the very familiar trees within Woods. Ever since the incident that happened slightly more than a week ago, he leaves Kimi behind on the hill over watching Syliras, whenever he has the urge to venture into the forest. Normally, he would avoid this area, since his boredom would normally peak at seeing these trees again, and again...and again. However, time, he could be found in the forest, because his boredom has driven him in. As he was wandering about, with his ever present black box floating beside him, he heard the sound of a tree...having its branches being torn off? No, the sound was more controlled than just a beast ripping asunder twigs in its path. Walking towards the direction where the sounds originated from, he found himself near the base of a small cliff. And he was not alone. There was a man who did not look like an actual human. what was this race called again? Ah yes, they were called the Isur! As Shiyami stopped, he dropped his luggage box beside himself, before calling out, "Well, your lucky to have made it this far into the woods.", in a casual voice.
Last edited by Shiyami on August 26th, 2013, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jervis Hill on August 17th, 2013, 2:58 am

Jervis casually glanced over at the dark cloaked young man who'd appeared in the clearing, He appeared a traveller of some sort and his statement made Jervis wonder if the young man was a thief. He laughed to himself slightly. He was a bad target today the only things he brought with him was an empty rucksack and an small bag of chestnuts to snack on, Everything else was simply the tree and there were tons of trees around. Jervis glanced back at Izzy, and noticed he seemed unusually on edge for some reason. Izzy was a smart lizard best be wary Jervis thought to himself.

Jervis took a few steps forward and sat down on his log. "I don't know haven't met any man eating trees yet." Jervis laughed and set to work quickly stripping the needles from three of the longest pine branches he could find. He hadn't brought a weapon because he honestly hadn't figured he'd need one with all the knights around, but it was a situation he could quickly remedy. Pine branches would be useless to a normal weapon smith save for firewood but in an isur's hands he would make something more than the sum of it's parts.

Jervis spoke on casually as he worked. "I've heard rumors of them though, maybe just stories but I figure something like that would have some great components in it. You haven't seen any have you or heard of them have you?" Jervis queried as he quickly stripped the bark from the three limbs, it was good pine though still a little green but it'd make a workable staff. Jervis lined the three branches up, two were about the same length at five and a half feet but the third was about a half foot short.

He could work with it, but it'd be a lighter weapon than he was used too, but should help hold off any weapons the young man may have hidden if he was a bandit of some sort. Gripping the wood in his right hand and twisting with his left he felt the wood give in as he murmured a quiet prayer to Izurdin. Jervis' hands swiftly moved along the soft lumber braiding it together like a rope, though a stiff and straight rope that had a dull, tapered point at the end where the two longer pieces overhung the shorter one. It'd be workable though by no means a masterpiece. He set the staff down gently beside him and grabbed another one of the branches and set to stripping it while watching the young man seeing what he would do.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shiyami on August 18th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Shiyami observed the man make his staff nonchalantly, before shrugging. "If you presume I am a hostile bandit, you would be in a horrible predicament to wield that staff. Even if you had a sword, you can not touch me.", he spoke, waving one of his hands back slightly, in a gesture that seems to say 'Meh'. He didn't have any worries about this man attacking him with magic. If this man was a magician, he probably would use that first, instead of creating a jurry rigged blunt forced weapon. "Man eating trees, you say? I would rather deal with little annoyances such as those, than to once again fight the biggest danger in that hides among these trees.", he spoke, with a warning tone.

Looking back at the staff that this man was speaking, he thought to himself, Is this man a weaponsmith?. With that thought, he realized that he did not know who this man was. "Ah, before I forget, let me introduce myself. I am Shiyami. And you might be...?", he asked.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jervis Hill on August 18th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Why was it people always failed to appreciate a weapon for it's value and instead focused on what they perceived as faults. Indeed a sword was a fine weapon but no better than a well made staff, dagger or bow in his opinion. The advantage of the staff was it's extended reach, Easy to learn and allowed one to maximize the force from both arms when used by someone experience, He just wished he'd had more time to study using weapons than making them. Jervis thought as he looked the young man over casually once again. Now he was saying that he wasn't a bandit but it could just be a ploy to put him off guard.

Jervis brushed that notion aside when he introduced himself however. Usually the ones that told you there names did so to invoke fear of some sort but that hadn't been the case with Shiyami. Maybe he had indeed stumbled into a dangerous part of the woods. Oh well I'm almost done here anyway got what I came for and the rock Izzy was on would make add ten pounds of grey stone to his supplies as well.

"I'm Jervis Hill, Wandering Weaponsmith. I came out here because I needed supplies and can't afford them. Pleased to meet you Shiyami. So what is this beast you are talking about? Sounds like it'd be some good materials but more importantly, what does it taste like?" Jervis said daydreaming of a cow crossed with a boar and him punching it with his mighty fist and roasting it up on a spit over an open flame. Jervis had really grow very tired of rations from his long trip but he wasn't a hunter so fresh meat was hard to come by.

Jervis shook the pleasant dream away and continued with his work. This young man did seem serious enough after all and he seemed to know the area far better than Jervis' did. Jervis looked at Shiyami curious to hear more of this beast.
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shiyami on August 28th, 2013, 1:26 am

Shiyami raised an eyebrow when the man who introduced himself as Jervis, was a Weaponsmith. "Weapon smith, you say...? Sounds intriguing. that would explain why you would make a staff, instead of a spear. Staffs are rather versatile in combat, allowing you to even defend against multiple attacks, if skilled enough.", he spoke his thoughts allowed. Hearing what the man asked about the beast, he shook his head solemnly. Looking at the man with his eye, his face extremely serious, he warned the man. "The dangers that I speak of that I found among these trees, is not usually tangible. No weapon can physically touch her, unless she choose to do so.", with a grave tone, that one would expect to hear at a funeral. No, more akin to the tone one would here from those who have faced death before, and barely survived.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jervis Hill on August 28th, 2013, 2:05 am

Jervis took in a small gulp at the severity of the man words and tone. He had heard tales of spirits but had thought they were just tales. With the way this man spoke it was as if he met the thing.

"I never realized these woods were haunted friend. I thought the locals would have warned me of such dangers but I am fairly new here. Is it the whole woods that is haunted by this beast or just a grove or cave that I need to avoid so I don't meet up with this devil?" Jervis asked as he stood up and made his way over to his cassock. He quickly gathered that grey stone in pack as well as an interesting light blue on that was a couple of pounds that was beside it and placed it in his rucksack. Throwing it over his shoulder he made his way back to his log and staff.
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shiyami on September 1st, 2013, 4:23 am

OOCThis is probably my last post. You can hand this thread in for grading, if/when you make your last reply to this thread. Thanks for roleplaying with me, and perhaps we should do so again sometime!

Shiyami shook his head to the side slowly, as he listened to the man's questions. "There are many things that the living may not know, with the lack of time in your lives to find out. However, even I don't know where or when that spirit haunts this place. And if I were you, I would get out of these woods as fast as possible.". He said with a warning tone. Although, if this man was really a weapon smith, he could possibly drop by and buy a few well made weapons out of his stock. Well, that is, if this man had any weapons in stock. If e is willing to explore within the wilds of nature, he must be low on materials, which in turn, means he is low on weapons to sell. Turning around, and about to walk away, Shiyami stopped. Without turning around to face Jervis, he spoke. "But, I do suggest a scythe. You will keep the advantages that a staff might give you, with the added bonus of the ability to cause devastating gouges upon your enemies' flesh. Just my personal opinion though.", were the words that came out of his mouth. And with that, Shiyami walked away, faxing through a tree on the edge of the clearing. Wonder if that'll give him a shock., he laughed mentally to himself, as he blended in with the shadows casted by the trees.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jervis Hill on September 1st, 2013, 6:39 am

"There are many things that the living may not know, with the lack of time in your lives to find out. However, even I don't know where or when that spirit haunts this place. And if I were you, I would get out of these woods as fast as possible." Shiyami said with a warning tone. Sending a creepy shiver down Jervis's spine with the way he had phrased his warning.

Jervis caught the telltale signs of a potential sale but had nothing prepared and didn't have time to make anything if he was going to go through with his mad plan. He watched the man turn around.

"But, I do suggest a scythe. You will keep the advantages that a staff might give you, with the added bonus of the ability to cause devastating gouges upon your enemies' flesh. Just my personal opinion though." Were the last words Shiyami said heading into the woods.

He was considering the man's words, Expecting the man to walk around the tree when he passed through it. Jervis was torn between horror and curiosity. He'd heard the legends of spirits but never truly believed them, Most of the stories were similar, evil spirits kills people vanquished by the noble priest.

Shiyami had not been like that though, he had appeared only to warn him of the dangerous area he'd stumbled into. He wanted to talk more but knew he didn't have the time. Knowing he'd been interested in scythes he had an interesting idea.

He called out softly, hesitantly into the woods his curiosity finally winning over his fear. "Noble Spirit, I don't know if you can still hear me wherever you went. I'll return to this grove one more time when I have the materials to make a grand scythe. I'll carve my symbol into the tree you passed through to let you know of my return, My symbol is two hills encased in a circle. If you want me to make you a scythe seek me out and I shall do so."

Jervis gathered up his things and started to leave stopping once more at the opposite edge of the clearing. "Bring money, I'll give you a discount on labour for your help but I don't work for free." Jervis called out more loudly than before, following with a wry laugh not sure if he'd actually see the spirit again or not. With that he started off towards his cart.
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Radiant on October 6th, 2013, 6:30 pm

Shiyami :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
N/A N/A

Lores
Lore Earned
An Isur In The Bronze Woods
Jervis: Acquaintance
Giving A Warning

Loots

Notes :
Shiyami, I told you before that you are not strong enough to float that box (Filled with a scythe and 20 daggers) of yours, you must drag it.

To actually lift it off the ground, you require Master Soulmist Projection. I'm giving you a penalty in the form of XP. Please note this in your future threads.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)