Closed Shifting Eyes

A chance encounter of the peculiar sort.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Shifting Eyes

Postby Adeon Tien on August 12th, 2013, 3:24 pm

He crossed his arms, looking down at her glare. Was this supposed to intimidate him? He didn't know. To be honest, he wasn't much paying attention to what she said. Something about him insulting her intelligence, and her working at night. His suspicions were confirmed. She was a prostitute.

"Of course!" He said in a sarcastic tone. "Air-Headed girls most CERTAINLY don't follow someone who they have decided to be a threat to their wellbeing when no one else is around, especially when they're accident prone and on their way to work!"

His gaze didn't break. The fact that his eyes could not be seen from under his hood furthered his atmosphere. Her icy stare was nothing.

"And now, look at you." He said coldly. "The dove has injured her wing."

But he decided to be curt, now. "In all seriousness," He said. "Why did you follow me? I don't mean "You looked suspicious". So many people have said that silently to themselves while I walk by, yet you have the foolish initiative to follow me. Why is that?"
Whether or not it is certain, or whether or not the answer will ever come to pass, for that matter, is unclear. The answer to your question does not yet exist. There is only, for now, perhaps.

School times are in effect.
Adeon Tien
The Faceless Wanderer

Words: 24714
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 11:41 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Shifting Eyes

Postby Eshe Czardas on August 12th, 2013, 3:32 pm

"Wha- A pr- No! I am not that! I work at the Catholicon, thankyouverymuch. And I don't think you're a threat to my wellbeing, you're a threat to Lhavit if you're suspicious! And I am not accident prone! You try running in a skirt and not falling!"

"And now, look at you. The dove has injured her wing."

Dove!? How dare he!

"I am not a dove! I followed you because I don't want any harm to befall Lhavit. If you were a threat, I'd report you to the Shinya and let them take care of it."

Eshe spun on a heel and turned her back to him, crossing her arms. Her hood was still pulled up, but not at much as before and the base of her braid was showing. She flicked it back up onto her head, tugging the front of it down.
Eshe Czardas
Player

Words: 35965
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2013, 10:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Shifting Eyes

Postby Adeon Tien on August 12th, 2013, 6:48 pm

"I am not a dove! I followed you because I don't want any harm to befall Lhavit. If you were a threat, I'd report you to the Shinya and let them take care of it."

She said. Adeon wasn't surprised that she was taking offence, nor that she would've called the Shinya on a hooded man. Although... Perhaps she was overreacting.

"You're overreacting."

That was a mistake.

Play it off, play it off.

"Just because I wear a hood does not label me a threat. Would you shoot a crow for the color of his beak? Or banish the moon for glowing in the night? I am the same." He stated."This hood hides me for the decency of the whole thing. You should be thanking me rather than stalking my movement."

He took a moment before continuing.

"I am no threat to Lhavit. I'm for a personal mission that only affects me, and the people around me. Unless you plan to be a constant intrusion.

And with that, he pushed himself off the wall, and turned to face the street, beginning to leave the scene recently created.
Whether or not it is certain, or whether or not the answer will ever come to pass, for that matter, is unclear. The answer to your question does not yet exist. There is only, for now, perhaps.

Adeon Tien
The Faceless Wanderer

Character sheet

Shifting Eyes

Postby Eshe Czardas on August 12th, 2013, 7:00 pm

"You're overreacting."

Oh no. He did not just say that. Eshe's fists clenched. Shoot a crow for the color of his beak? Banish the moon? She gave a sarcastic laugh, a bark. Banish Leth. Good luck with that. She wasn't one to hurt creatures, nor try to offend gods.

"The people around you are my fellow Lhavitians."

He turned to leave, but she stopped him with a hand on his shoulder. Using her other hand to turn him, Eshe peered up into the hood. She couldn't see anything, and flicked the offending article of clothing off his head.

"Holy gods..."
Eshe Czardas
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Shifting Eyes

Postby Adeon Tien on August 12th, 2013, 7:08 pm

His mind raced, a thousand thoughts going through his head. He would have to leave, now. For sure. She'd squeal. Even though his mind was abuzz, he kept his black lips pursed, reaching for his hood and pulling it over his head. There was no use in staying, now. He eyed the hand frozen on his shoulder, before brushing it off.

He raised his chin, his dead eyes looking down upon the female.

"Say whatever you want to say right here and now. I want to Lhavit quickly and quietly if you're going to go telling the Shinya."

Even though he was playing it as if he didn't care, he was secretly ashamed and a bit saddened. He was just beginning to like Lhavit.

Adeon Tien
The Faceless Wanderer

Character sheet

Shifting Eyes

Postby Eshe Czardas on August 12th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Eshe took two large steps back, thoroughly horrified. His eyes were... Dead. Clouded with it. Was that even possible!? She kept her arms close, fingers loosely curled into fists.

"What... What are you?"

It was terrible, the flesh half-rotten in her eyes. What was he!? Was he even male!?
Eshe Czardas
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Shifting Eyes

Postby Adeon Tien on August 12th, 2013, 7:32 pm

This was normal. He sighed as he rested his head in his palm.

"Your parents never told you about Nuits, girl?"

He raised his hands to his hood, lowering it to his back, letting her see his already deceased eyes freely. His raven-black hair fell to his ears, and his face was pale and white.

"I'm dead. There you go. Happy now? Can you stop meddling?"

He stared down at her, more than cross, now. He was enraged. She was offended by simple words, yet she freely handles him. His hood, nonetheless. He had already told her that he was doing her a favor by keeping it on.

Petch.

Adeon Tien
The Faceless Wanderer

Character sheet

Shifting Eyes

Postby Eshe Czardas on August 12th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Good lord. He was dead. What was a Nuit? She'd never encountered one... Her parents were too preoccupied with her precious little sister to bother telling her any stories. She swayed on her feet, the world suddenly spinning. Her line of sight seemed to shrink, sparks in her eyes. Darkness enveloped Eshe. She fell, not even sensing the impact.
Eshe Czardas
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Shifting Eyes

Postby Adeon Tien on August 12th, 2013, 8:08 pm

He stared down at the body sprawled on the ground, sighing once again. He silently decided what to do. He couldn't leave- That'd be morally incorrect. She had done nothing. This poor girl showed patriotism and bravery, only to be scared away and hurt herself, followed by being scared out of consciousness. Not exactly a good night.

He strode over to the body, sliding her cloak off of her shoulders gently and laying it on her torso to keep her warm, tucking it under her form. He reached for a nearby brick, lifting her head and sliding the brick underneath it to keep it elevated.

As he lifted his hood, he contemplated leaving... He knew that the logical thing to do, given that she seemed like the squealing type. But it would make him a hypocrite. He had to show compassion. He had to explain himself. She deserved it, what, with all that happened.

He raised a pale hand, rubbing the back of his neck. He slid down the wall, about five feet away from the girl, and sat.

He was kicking himself for this. She better appreciate it.

Adeon Tien
The Faceless Wanderer

Character sheet

Shifting Eyes

Postby Elysium on August 21st, 2013, 3:34 pm

Adeon Tien

XP:
Observation +2
Rhetoric +1

Lore:
Eshe the Injured Dove
Lhavit: 24-Bell Schedule
Rhetoric: How to Offend a Woman

Eshe Czardas

XP:
Running +2
Acrobatics +1
Rhetoric +1

Lore:
Adeon the Undead
How to Unsuccessfully Follow Someone
Lhavit: Escape Routes
Race: Nuit (Basic)

Notes: I enjoyed reading this thread, though I have some notes for the two of you. First, I'd like a little more content, especially with you Eshe. You have a tendency toward using only two or more sentences, upwards of a paragraph, which is not what Mizahar is all about. I like your writing and I'd like to see more of it, especially when it comes to awarding experience and lore. Same to you, Adeon. Speaking of which, a note for Adeon - try to take in some of the city's context. You'd know about the 24-bell schedule. People would be out and about at pretty much all hours of the night. Likewise Eshe, he didn't expressly state you were a prostitute. You wouldn't be able to know his thoughts. Just a heads-up. :)

and so, the journey continues...
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Previous