Closed I Hate Dogs

Gale loses something dear to him.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

I Hate Dogs

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on August 19th, 2013, 2:18 am

Kendhl reached over and felt for Gale's hand. She grabbed it, her laughs dying down.

"I probably could've, but I was too tired. Wasn't that fun!?"

The Kelvic rolled onto her side and put an arm across her bondmate's stomach. She pulled herself closer. Gods, that was great. Kendhl could feel her muscles quivering. Gale smelled tired. She rested her head on his shoulder, the smile still as big and bright as ever.

"Gale?"

"Kendhl's words", Kendhl's Thoughts
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Words: 52800
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

I Hate Dogs

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 19th, 2013, 3:09 am

Common Vani Nari

She could have gotten faster? Wow, he must either be too old for this sort of thing already or he is so unfit it is ridiculous. Suppose an otter would have more stamina though, swimming all the time and such. She doesn't sit around all day. A lot more active than he was, definitely.

"Noooo, no, no, no, no." He shook his head laughing,"That was close to the opposite of fun." Which was another lie. It was kinda fun, but it better not become a thing. He would die from exhaustion if they started running as a hobby. Either die or pass out constantly. "I prefer walking." Always has always will.

Gale's hand had been intertwined with Kendhl's by the time she rolled over and reach her arm over him. Naturally the pessimist turned his head to look at her. Looking into her eyes, he noted their shade of gray," My mother had gray eyes." A smile smeared across his face. Though, the man supposed she wanted to say something as well. "Hm?" A twitch of his eyebrows showing his curiosity.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

I Hate Dogs

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on August 20th, 2013, 1:14 am

Kendhl's heart skipped a beat when he looked at her, with that grin on his face. Her throat worked, trying to say something. She gave up and moved forwards, almost hitting their heads together as she pressed her lips against his. It felt wooden, but it was the Kelvic's first. Give her a break. She blushed heavily and rolled over, with her back to Gale.

Oh gods. Why did I do that? What was I thinking? Oh, gods.

She mentally kicked and slapped herself, curled up with eyes wide and face a bright, bright red. What was he going to say!? She hoped he wouldn't be offended by her lack of experience.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

Kendhl punched herself in the head with each word, partially regretting her actions. But... At the same time, she had liked it. He was her bondmate, after all. Weren't they supposed to do that? She didn't know. Curse her amateur-ness. She was a novice when it came to men.

Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

I Hate Dogs

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 20th, 2013, 2:59 am

Common Vani Nari

Having expected her to say something, her lunge forward had surprised him. His cheeks flushed again as his lips were pressed against her's in a burst of affection. If it had been anyone else, a shove away would have been his response. But it wasn't anyone else. It was Kendhl.

The shock disappeared quickly and Gale went to raise hand but! She turned around. Of course. Why couldn't women make their mind what they wanted? First they want to wal, then they start running. First they want to kiss yiu then they don't. What next?

Proping himself up by his arms, the blonde perked an eyebrow again. Her back was to him so he couldn't see her blushing, but he didn't need to to know she was embarassed. There was a few moments of silence between them before Kendhl decide to say her thoughts outloud. And beat her head.

Was this her first kiss? Usually people don't beat their heads and call themselves stupider if they have. Gale remembered his first kiss. An awkward thing it was. It's always the firsts that are. But it wasn't anything to beat yourself over. Oh Bob.

Turning to his side, the artist reached over and pushed her hands away from her face, that we she didn't beat it away. Then he turned her head to look at him. An affection smile was on his face when he leaned forward and kissed her instead.

Past memories passed through his mind like a play was being perforned on stage. The artist and the dancer walking side by side. The two not having a care in the world as they danced, teased, and messed around. Overloaded with joy on the day they got marriied. The two were so happy then. Gale was happy. Oh, how much he desired that again. What he wouldn't give to have that passion and glee once again. Just to love life and have. someone to love it with him. To love someone again

But... he did love someone. He loved Kendhl. Spelled K-E-N-D-H-L. The girl who shifted into an otter and swims around. The girl who wasn't afraid to hug a stranger. The person who stuffed crab down his pants and slapped him with one too many fish. His bondmate.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

I Hate Dogs

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on August 20th, 2013, 11:49 pm

Holy sweet bloody gods.

She hadn't realized it before, but his lips were so, so soft. Kendhl had frozen up again, unsure as to what she should do. It took a few ticks before she relaxed. The corners of her mouth curved up in a smile, the Kelvic's eyes sliding shut. This was nice. He was nice. The kiss was warm, and it sent a small shiver down her spine.

Kendhl hadn't realized he was going to kiss her, but he had. He'd pulled away her hands and just kind of... kissed her. Like it was nothing, but it was definitely something. The otter Kelvic's arms went around Gale, holding him close. She broke away and rested her head in the crook of his neck.

"I love you, Gale."

Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

I Hate Dogs

Postby Abstract on August 22nd, 2013, 6:12 pm

As the two embraced, a growling could be heard. Not the growl of a single, lone creature, but of many, maybe even 10, animals. Dogs. A group of eight large, ragged, and hungry looking dogs prowled out of the shadows. All were of varying breeds, and one even looked like a half wolf. It was the largest of the group, nearing 100 pounds, and standing taller than the rest.

The dogs started panning around the pair, obviously planning to entrap them in a circle. They were all poised to leap at a moments notice. One of the smaller ones, slightly closer than the rest, darted forward to nip at one of Kendhl's legs, before leaping back again. Another, almost ticks after the first, came from the other side with jaws wide open, aiming for Gale's knees. The circle slowly shrunk, still leaving an open space at the back, but it was tightening with every passing moment.

OOCHave fun! :D
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

I Hate Dogs

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 23rd, 2013, 12:00 am

Common Vani Nari

OOC :
Gale currently has his backpack with him which contains the following:

■ Pound of Chestnuts (Spoiled)
■ Eating knife
■ Wooden Flute
■ Music Book
■ 100 paged sketchbook

Where these items have been obtained can be seen on the CS.

It took a little bit for her to relax, but hey, as long as she stopped pounding her face in. There wasn't any reason for that type of reaction, was there? Not long after, he felt her arms wrap around him. He copied. But then she pulled away. However, the sweet words made up for it.

Gale felt like he melted away at the sound of those words again. Almost as if he dissolved into the ocean, vanished within the mist of the clouds. Like he was replaced with... with... Just pure joy. All he was able to say was," I love you, Kendhl," with a large smile that he couldn't wipe away.

Except for when there were growls. That smile flew from his face faster than an anchor dropping to the sea floor. This disappearance was accompanied by a gasp and and sudden, almost instinctive shove. The blue eyes were wide like cup saucers, terror sinking into his being. The man prayed that it was just his paranoia over the worthless canines. But it wasn't.

Dogs?! W-Why were there dogs?! The artist had never seen anything larger than a raccoon out here! Let alone a dogs! How many were there?! The blonde's head whipped around, hastily counting. 1, 2, 3, 4... 5, 6, 7... Oh gods, that was a big dog. That was a huge dog. A massive dog! Oh shyke ! That makes,"8..." A large swallow and a nasty twist in his stomach made the artist want to puke. "Oh shyke. Oh shyke, shyke shyke, shyke shyke." The Zeltivan shook his head. It was funny. He was trying to say no. "Shyke, shyke , shyke , shyke."

He only gave Bob a brief glance before stating, with much quavering," Kendhl..." He had to swallow again,"I think you should know that I am terrified of dogs." Oh really, Gale? You're scared of dogs? Who would have guessed! Certainly not Kendhl who is right next to you, which you can barely talk without stuttering. Nope. Never would have thought.

The artist's hands shook, watching as the dogs lingered closer. And closer... And closer... Until one nipped at Kenny, making Gale yelp, moving away. Then another came at him. A yell of horror fluttered through the air as instinct moved his leg, kicking the dog when it lunged. Not another tick went by as the man stood to his feet, snatching his pack from the ground. "Shyke, shyke, shyke." It was as if his mind didn't register his previous comment. "Kendhl, I am terrified of dogs."

His bag seemed suddenly heavy. Heavy like a burden on his shoulders. But it didn't have a whole lot in it, just the stuff he carried with him throughout the day. His sketchbook and charcoal, the flute, which stuck out of the back, the music book, his small knife, the chestn- THE KNIFE!! Hand plunging into the leather bag, the frail fingers felt for the blade, while his eyes watched the dogs before him. At least half of them at a time, because of them being in a circle. First thing he felt was the smooth wood of the light brown flute. After moving past it, then it was the leather cover of the artist's sketchbook. He shoved it to the side. Then the music book. That was also pushed away. Where is the knife?!
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

I Hate Dogs

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on August 23rd, 2013, 12:54 am

Kendhl's heart was fit to burst. His words, his embrace... The otter Kelvic looked into Gale's eyes. And then there was his smile. His beautiful, unbearably handsome smile. That's why she was confused when he shoved her. She yelped. Underneath his gasp, and her surprise, there was a rumble of a growl, coming from the throats of the many dogs around her. She wasn't a very good mathematician, but she could count.

Eight dogs.

Eight petchin' dogs.

And that one was huge.

The girl could not only smell her bondmate's fear, she could feel it too. It fed her own terror, her nostrils flaring and pupils dilating. Kendhl's heart stopped, stuttered, started back up again and gave a great big, meaty, sick, wet thump. The world seemed to narrow into a tunnel, and she had a sudden need to... Well, let's not get into that.

She took two deep breaths, her hearing fuzzy. Did he say he was terrified of dogs, or it was rare that it fogged? The former seemed more likely. Her sniffer was working fine. Pain lanced through her, a bright flash of red enveloping her sight and clearing. She jerked her leg back instinctively, scrambling to her feet.

Dogs! They hunted weasels and ferrets and... and other things like her! The wild thing on four legs rose up, telling her to run. It told her that she was the prey, and they were the predators. But she couldn't leave Gale. Oh, no.

"G-Gale!"

Kendhl moved forwards, only to be driven back by the evil canines. She saw their strategy, as she had used it on schools of fish. Separate the masses, single one out, preferably the weakest, and kill it. She wouldn't be able to get away from them, even if she did want to leave Gale.

So this is what it's like to be hunted.

Four for Gale, to keep him away as soon as they were separated. Four for her. Her muscles locked up. She knew they could smell her fear. It only made her terror grow. The Kelvic backed up further, almost hitting her bondmate, a horrible realization springing up in her mind: I'm going to die.

She didn't dare say it out loud.

Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

I Hate Dogs

Postby Abstract on August 23rd, 2013, 12:34 pm

The dog Gale kicked whined and sprinted off back into the trees, apparently not expecting the pain. The leader growled when he saw this but ignored the traitor, instead focusing his attention on the more obviously vulnerable prey: Kendhl. The dogs changed their positions slightly, with four on Gale, and three on the Kelvic, though the last group included the half-wolf. They tried to push down the middle of the two, to force the pair apart, occasionally biting and nipping at either of the bondmates.

Gale would find his knife slipped between the pages of his music book, though it fell out as he shuffled it. The blade was not exactly for fighting, but it did have some nicely serrated edges for cutting steak and the like. The end was pointy enough to draw blood if he stabbed hard enough.

Just as he removed it from his pack, there would be another 'challenger'. An obviously stupid, smallish dog leaped up and growled viciously, fur bristling. After only a moment of this, he would dart forward and try to wrap his jaws around Gale's knee (the same one). If he reached the joint, his jaws would clamp down on it, but the canine was nowhere near powerful enough to do major damage. All the artist would get were some more painful scratches, and ripped pants. If Gale did manage to hit or hurt the dog in some way, it would sprint away with a whine, just like the first.

Kendhl was in a slightly similar situation, though without a knife. The largest dog inched slowly closer and closer, seemingly able to smell the fear coming off the Kelvic. A smaller and leaner dog darted forward to nip at her hands, though simply moving them or even slapping the dog would drive it back. The latter would cause it to fully run away from the fight.

Soon after, however, the leader leaped forward, jaws wide, to clamp onto her thigh with powerful teeth. He would be harder (almost impossible) to shake off, and the bite would nearly break the bone- a strong one, and a bad one to break anyways.
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

I Hate Dogs

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 23rd, 2013, 4:44 pm

Common Vani Nari

The dog that sprinted away, whining was doing exactly what Gale wanted to do. This little piggy wanted to go whine, whine, whine all the way home. But he couldn't exactly do that right now. Not with being surrounded by mother petching dogs!

Knife, knife, knife, where is the knife! It couldn't have just vanished! The shaking hands vigorously scrambled for it, but not able to find it with just his sense of touch alone. He couldn't look away from the dogs, though, they'd slaughter him as soon as he looked away! Sweat started to bead on his face in fear. Maybe if he was quick enough, he could just snatch it out and catch the nuisances before the decide to kill him. Yeah, catching them before they kill him is good. Very good. Now... Hurry! Grab the knife!

Snapping his eyes to his bag, the Zeltivan had to push the bag of spoiled chestnuts, the music book and the flute around before finding the knife next to his sketch book. Yes! The knife! Oh joy! He's going to li- Good feeling is gone. One of the dogs attacked his knee, ripping the cloth and breaking some skin. A brief,"Ack!" from Gale before he kicked it back.

Slinging his backpack over his shoulder so he could use both hands, the pessimist's hand looked white from gripping the eating knife tightly. If he had any chance of surviving this he better not lose this knife. He did a three sixty, only seeing four dogs now. Where did the others go? Turning to where Kendhl was, he saw the remaining three. And the monstrous vagik of a dog. They all looked ready to jump into their meals, but the vagik went first. In shock, Gale called,"Kendhl!" in hopes that would at least put her attention towards the attack of the piece of shyke, but unaware of his own group for that amount of time. Which was probably a bad idea.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext