Closed [Sacred Arch Hotsprings] II. Muster

Razkar waits for his recruits to assemble outside Syliras

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Sacred Arch Hotsprings] II. Muster

Postby Solin on June 11th, 2013, 2:39 am

Solin listened in silence as Razkar explained the spot where the group was going to hit the caravan, Sukina Geysers. It was a open place with little places to hide, and he wondered if they were going to be able to ambush them before hand without being seen. The kelvic looked at the map, and he could saw the geyser were a straight walk east through the bronze woods. It shouldn't take to long for them to get to the geysers, but he knew traveling through the woods was difficult especially with no trail. He looked at all the mercenaries in the group, and he wondered how much noise the whole group with make during their travels through the forest. He knew the myrians, ghost girl, and the feline kelvic will move with some kind of stealth, but the other eight mercenaries might not care to hide their movements. He just prayed to Leth that he didn't take the night off tonight because the complete darkness will definitely slow them down. Solin figured trying to get wagons through the woods will be difficult too, so they will beat the caravan if the party can move swiftly. Solin started to think about the plan, and he started to wonder why Razkar wanted to hit them in a wide open area. Being a hunter, he would rather hit them in the woods because the terrain would be difficult to maneuver, and they would have a place to hide before they attacked the caravan. Solin looked at the eyes at the myrian, and he decided to put his trust in the veteran judgment.

When Razkar stood up and told them there positions, Solin nodded to the myrian that he understood the plan. Solin looked at Fubuki and said with a smile to her, “If you see anything, I want you to tell me immediately, so I can change the route of the party.” He thought of the different ways the ghost can let him know, and he said with a smirk, “You can just throw something at me or tap me on the shoulder to let me know, Ok.” When Solin finished conversing with the ghost girl, the kelvic look at Razkar and asked his questions, “If I had to protect a valuable cargo like slaves, I would definitely have a scout or scouts wandering the woods to alert the caravan if somebody was near especially this close to the Syliras. You can take this into consideration Razkar, but I suggest we have a scout of our own scout ahead of our group too. If anything, our scout can find and eliminate the threat before they even have a chance to alert the caravan.” Solin knew from hunting these wood years before that there are many places in the Bronze Woods that a person could hide for days without encountering a person. Their large group could be easily spotted traveling through the woods if somebody was actually looking for them.

Hopefully, the slavers were stupid, but Solin was putting his stake that the slave caravan had a plan a put together ahead of time just in case the knights ambushed them. Solin didn't want to make Razkar angry with all the suggestions, but he looked at the myrian in the eyes and asked, “What time of day are we going to start the ambush? If you haven't decided yet, can I make suggestion we attack the caravan at night preferably at midnight because we could use the cover of darkness to hide or movements, and we would have the element of surprise because I figure most of them will be either a sleep or too drunk to make a counter attack against us.” Solin knew it was easier to be silent and take orders from your superiors, but he wanted their party to succeed in their mission with minimal casualties. Regardless, if these people are mercenaries, they all had their lives to get to after the battle.

When the meeting was over, Solin put up his hood and filled his water skin before heading out into the dark woods. The kelvic knew it would be easier for him to travel in wolf form, but he knew he would have to communicate with Razkar and the ghost girl before they made it to there destination. Luckily his blue eyes were looking ahead of him because he could feel a sense of fear washing over him. He decided to say a quick prayer to Myri in Tukant, “Myri... I know I am a barbarian from the North Lands, but I need your strength to get me through the next few days and to lead my party to victory.”[color=#e7e7e7 Solin wasn't normally religious man, but he figured Dira might be watching his movement from this night forward. He didn't know if she was listening, but he felt much better when he said it.[/color]
Last edited by Solin on June 11th, 2013, 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Solin
My Life is my Own

Words: 77566
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2013, 12:06 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Daelyn Caliban on June 11th, 2013, 2:42 am

Daelyn listened to Razkar speak and let his eyes wander over the map. The plan seemed sound enough. The ghost, because that's what she was, would scout from above. One of the kelvics would scout ahead. The Myrians would go together. That thought caused him to cock an eyebrow. It wasn't that he didn't trust them... but he didn't trust them as far as he could toss them.

He nodded toward the blonde who he'd been paired with, moving to stand next to her. She hadn't spoken a petchin' word so far. Perhaps she had the same queasy feelings about their little group. He gave her a quick smile before rolling his sleeves up, mark of Ivak glimmering in the dying sunlight.

No sense letting his sleeves get in the way when the battle started.
Daelyn Caliban
Player

Words: 27466
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2013, 8:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Razkar on June 11th, 2013, 3:43 am

Razkar was not, by nature, someone who liked to be challenged, and yet he took a certain solace in hierarchy. That's what you get for coming from a race of bloodthirsty warriors who nonetheless value clan, Goddess-Queen and unity above all else. The Myrians may have been nightmares and boogeymen to the barbarian lands... but they were, quite often, a meritocracy. Good ideas were heard. Ascent was defined by ability.

And gender. There was that downside. Well, why do you think he was outside the jungle?

So when Solin stared talking, the Myrian "leader" listened very closely. The young, pale-skinned Kelvic had already proved he had good ideas and saw the angles, of which there was countless in battle.

“If I had to protect a valuable cargo like slaves, I would definitely have a scout or scouts wandering the woods to alert the caravan if somebody was near especially this close to the Syliras. You can take this into consideration Razkar, but I suggest we have a scout of our own scout ahead of our group too. If anything, our scout can find and eliminate the thread before they even have a chance to alert the caravan.”

Razkar nodded slowly, cursing himself that he hadn't seen that particular angle. Something his instructors had drummed into him over and over, yet he apparently hadn't listened: never assume your enemy is less cunning than you. He would have his scouts, with a smaller force, too, so why wouldn't they? The Myrian considered his options... then turned to Kyra.

The two warriors - and he knew damn well that was what she was - exchanged a short, fierce little staring contest, then Razkar turned back to Solin, decision made.

“What time of day are we going to start the ambush? If you haven't decided yet, can I make suggestion we attack the caravan at night preferably at midnight because we could use the cover of darkness to hide or movements, and we would have the element of surprise because I figure most of them will be either a sleep or too drunk to make a counter attack against us.”

This time the Myrian hesitated... but then relented, his natural suspicion melting away. They had come this far on his word alone, not knowing how many they faced or when they would face them. He owed all of them that much, and as he stood before his ragtag group, he raised his voice so all would hear.

"We will have place to hide. Not making ambush at place with sky water. Making ambush just before, in woods. Caravan maybe stop at sky water to refill water; make defenses, make food. But if ambush before, easier to get group together. Also more easy to attack from hiding places. Not know when time will be... but perhaps near dawn. Not matter. They are slow with carts. If take route expect, we will get to place with time to make ambush place ready." The Myrian's eyes flared for a moment with a savage anticipation. "Know to hit hard. All do. Make moment right... and use it."

With that the Kelvic turned to leave and fill his skin, and Razkar turned back to the other one. Or what he assumed was the other one. Kyra, as she had called herself, had said nary a word, just like the previous night, and her expression was as unreadable now as it was then. He looked her up and down quickly, and decided to take a chance. Too many similarities with Solin, and if it were true...

"Boy make good point about scout, for us and for slavers," he said abruptly, jerking a thumb towards the softly whispering Solin, who was apparently praying, "You go with him... since you are Kelvic, too."

He waited for her to answer and noticed the tall, smirking human next to her roll up his sleeves. The Myrian frowned, something nagging at the back of his mind... yes! Uniforms! Well... nothing so close, really, but the best they could do. The other reason he didn't want to attack at night was the confusion in darkness would be blinding in the most dangerous way possible: in day they could identify by faces, if nothing else...

But at night? All would be flashing steel, spurting blood and screaming, roaring figures. Who would know anyone else in that chaos? No... better to fighting during the day, or at least with some light. But even then, some sort of-

Razkar saw Daelyn rolling up his sleeves, and one corner of his mouth tugged upward.

That will do, I think...and sod 'em if they lose a shirt each out of it...

The group began to move out, Razkar still waiting for his second Kelvic(?) to answer him and get moving, Solin waiting expectantly... the rest starting to shuffle into action. Ekvan and his men were already moving off, talking and muttering between themselves, and instantly Razkar the Fang Leader snapped back into that Myrian's psyche-

"Not talk!" He barked, enjoying the scowl on Ekvan's face. "We will be more than dozen walking in woods. Make noise enough. Not make more with talking. Scouts ahead. Ekvan, you and you sellswords make rearguard. Rest with me..."

Razkar snapped his gaze back to Kyra. He had heard that ancient legends from the desert lands spoke of a creature that was impossible to read and spoke in nothing but befuddling riddles. Frustrating enough, but even moreso when the legends said she devoured alive those who answered her wrong.

The Myrian fought the urge to scowl at the enigmatic blonde. Well, at least she wouldn't try to eat me... probably...

"More to say, mistress?"
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kyra on June 11th, 2013, 5:52 am

Kyra smiled a bit when everyone got up and started to move out. Waiting wasn't any fun and although it was necessary, it still wasn't any fun. After they had all viewed the map, Solin started to speak again, what a loud kelvic he was. She could imagine that he must have really needed the coin, or just wanted to impress their "leader" to speak so quickly. She found it funny when he told Fubuki that she could throw something at him to get his attention. Did he really know what he was asking? Fubuki was a mischievous one, Kyra had witnessed this herself once and could see the ghost girl throwing things at him just for fun.

She listened as he spoke more, and while it was good that he could think, his ideas weren't that well thought out. Perhaps the caravan slavers did have scouts but taking them at night wasn't a good idea. Maybe he wasn't used to fighting in a group, or assessing others strengths, but he and Kyra were the only two who could easily see in the dark, the rest would be blind to the blackness around them, and as she thought before friendly slaying would happen. Kyra was about to speak when she saw the tattooed man staring at her. The young kelvic stared back, with unblinking eyes and a pleasant smile upon her lips.

It appeared that she didn't need to speak as Razkar did so, and explained his plan. The tattooed man had an interesting way of speaking..or rather, a way of missing certain words that would normally go in between. It was strange, and no one else seemed to notice this, or maybe it was Kyra paying too much attention to details again. He wasn't the first person that she had met who talked funny, and she was reminded of the woman that she had met seasons ago in Ravok, the one with fiery red hair and was always covered in oils.

Her attention was drawn away when one of the tall humans walked over and stood beside her. He was the one chosen by their "leader" to guard the back of their group along side her. He was the one, if she remembered correctly that was there for revenge or some sense of justice maybe. He had said that his sister, or some family member could be there and if they were, he was going to save them or something in that nature. She knew then that she couldn't count on him to act without feeling. Her bold, golden eyes stared to his arm after he rolled up his sleeve where a very strange marking was.

The mark wasn't like that of Razkars many, there was something different about it, something magical. Just as she was about to ask him about it, the tattooed man crossed over and addressed her. Kyra was surprised that he knew that she was kelvic, a fact that she had worked to hide from most and had succeeded mostly. Only he and the forest witch had been able to tell her secret just by looking at her. Instead of responding the way her instincts told her to, she continued to smile pleasantly and glanced towards Solin.

"Hmm..are you so sure? I am nothing like that one, but I as you wish. I will go with him."

Kyra glanced back to the tall man as Razkar did, but for different reasons. She was still curious about the mark on him and what it was. However, once again her attention was drawn back, when people started to move and the tattooed man spoke to her again. "I think he's trying to impress you.." she said glancing towards Solin again. "Perhaps he is looking for a friend?" she turned her gaze back to Razkar then, golden, smoldering orbs staring directly into the pits of blackness.

"I don't believe that they will drink tonight, or at all. Not until they reach their destination at least. If they are carrying slaves and trying to avoid trouble...I don't think drinking would be wise. When people drink, they get loud...careless. It doesn't sound like a risk one would take in their position."

She glanced away again to the praying kelvic and wondered if he was suddenly afraid. A tick later and she turned back to the tattooed man, a more mischievous smile upon her full lips. "Perhaps I am wrong, he seems awfully sure of himself." With those final words, she sauntered off to walk with Solin.

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Razkar on June 11th, 2013, 11:52 pm

Razkar was so stunned to hear a full sentence from the Kelvic that he didn't react until the second one had hit the breeze. However, he did notice that she didn't deny the fact she was a shifter, and he allowed himself a tiny sliver of smug satisfaction.

"I think he's trying to impress you. Perhaps he is looking for a friend?"

The Myrian cocked an eyebrow and glanced at Solin, already getting ready to vanish ahead of their party. He shook his head and turned back to the smiling Kelvic. He didn't know what her form was, but Razkar was guessing that if she had one, she'd be twitching her tail in amusement right now.

"Then he will keep looking." He mirrored her smile a little. "And you keep eye on him, too, not just on enemy. He is eager. Talk much. Has ideas. But he needs... older head. You are older head. Watch him as watch for scouts."

"I don't believe that they will drink tonight, or at all. Not until they reach their destination at least. If they are carrying slaves and trying to avoid trouble...I don't think drinking would be wise. When people drink, they get loud...careless. It doesn't sound like a risk one would take in their position."

Razkar paused, as if weighing something delicate in his mind... then he reached into his saddlebag to reveal a letter.

"They won't." At her questioning frown, he continued. "Letter from someone who is with caravan, or make it in Ravok. Tell how many cart. How many guard. Tell guards are not just thug. Sellswords. Not drink and be stupid. Know what will happen to them if lose slaves."

He pocketed the letter and caught the lingering, avaricious look on her face. Golden eyes jerked up and saw that same enigmatic, half-smirk on his face.

"See all letter later, with others. But you see first." He stepped closer, lowering his voice slightly. "I not say you like me. Only you and me and like you and me, yes? But have... experience. In barbarians. I have experience, but in jungle. You... You are more useful."

He gathered up his things as the final rays of light were sucked into the horizon, and darkness began its reign. The clear figures around him became distorted, shadowy, vanishing one by one into the woods. Quietly and without words, he was happy to-

"Perhaps I am wrong, he seems awfully sure of himself."

-well, not totally without words. The blonde female spoke one more time and then went to join her fellow shifter. Razkar watcher her go and felt a smile cross his face again. A smart one, her. As he'd said, very useful... and, as he'd thought, possibly a problem. She was polite and pleasing enough when she wanted to be, but that hardness in her eyes spoke of survival in a business where loyalty only got you killed.

Let us hope, Razkar pondered as he moved to the head of their column, the Kelvics loping ahead and the giggling ghost hovering above them, that we provide enough incentive for her to stay...

Then he blinked and smiled, casting an eye upwards at an aerial psychopath and then at the tall human with a grudge against slavers... Kaie, lips still moving quietly, earnestly in prayer to Myri, eyes alight with barely-restrained bloodlust.

... her among others, anyway...

Continued here

OOCThat's a wrap! OK, post leaving if you want or just leave as is. I will be working on Part III shortly, should be up by tomorrow night at the latest... providing Fubuki doesn't kill me in our thread, of course...
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Emblem on August 26th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Congratulations!
You Get Glorious Experience!

Razkar

SkillPoints Earned
Tactics 4 XP
Leadership 2 XP
Negotation 1 XP

Lore Earned
Ambush Tactics

Other Shenanigans:

Kouri

SkillPoints Earned

Lore Earned
Ambush Tactics

Other Shenanigans:

Solin

SkillPoints Earned
Tactics 2 XP
Negotation 1 XP

Lore Earned
Ambush Tactics
Offering Suggestions
Arrows for Campfires

Other Shenanigans:-8gm for those arrows.

Kyra

SkillPoints Earned
Tactics 2 XP
Negotation 1 XP

Lore Earned
Ambush Tactics
Offering Suggestions

Other Shenanigans:

Daelyn

SkillPoints Earned
Tactics 1 XP

Lore Earned
Ambush Tactics
Good Night for a Bloodbath

Other Shenanigans:

Kaie

SkillPoints Earned
Tactics 1 XP

Lore Earned
Ambush Tactics
Myrian Loyalty

Other Shenanigans:

Comments :
I am really digging these threads, even if I am late to the party, which I apologize for once again. Anyway great work with building up these threads. Tactics was the main award I was looking at since that seemed to be the main purpose here, but if you think there was something else, shoot me a PM!
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous