Closed A Pocket Full of Mischief

[Mirahil Pass] (Ricky) Ceira wanders around Mirahil Pass and meets someone unexpectedly.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Pocket Full of Mischief

Postby Ceira Everwood on August 21st, 2013, 6:08 am

19th Day of Summer, 513 AV

"I may look solid but underneath there be a teddy bear inside, as what most people come t' believe 'fter a while. Aye, same thing as usual really. Just workin' and takin' care o' the lass at home, things seem pretty quiet f'r now. Yep, all quiet. Just the same normal r'tine I do every day."

Ceira let out a very unladylike snort when she heard his describe himself, but covered her mouth with a hand to stifle it. Well, I actually can see why people could call him a teddy bear, he does give off that certain... vibe. Even after calming down a little, a small crooked smile was still seen on her face. She considered herself an easygoing person, so it wasn’t hard for her to find small things amusing - her somewhat childish personality contributed to that as well.

"So what 'bout ye? Been doin' well since our last encounter?"

A slight breeze that rustled through the pass gave a small relief to the almost unbearable heat and Ceira welcomed it thankfully. Shrugging her shoulders indifferently at Ricky’s question, she thought back to the past couple of days, or, more specifically, what she had been doing. “I’ve been pretty good I guess.” It was a pitiful answer for all accounts, so she tried to make do. “Though I’ve been exploring a bit. Went up for a walk in the mountains just the other day, also visited the town on numerous occasions. You’ve got a nice little town around here.” Uncrossing her arms, she lightly scratched her neck, before once more leaning back and tilting her head towards Ricky, affirming her words.

“Then again, I wouldn’t call it little by any standards - Its huge!” Ceira flicked a finger towards his light blue uniform that, in this heat, he must have been cooking in. “I bet you have your work cut out for you, eh? With the city being so big and all... You’re a guard of some sorts? What exactly do you do anyway?” She glanced at the uniform again, feeling almost sorry for the man, Here I am sweating, imagine what he must feel like! Through this all, she nearly forgot about the small companion that Ricky held, then again, with his rocket-powered purring, how could she forget?

Ceira tentatively unfolded her hands, she was curious about the little thing and wondered if it was ok to hold the furball. Motioning towards Fenvur, she decided to ask just that. “May I? I promise I won’t drop him or anything!” She had a slight worry that she would indeed drop the fuzzball, which could be seen in her furrowed brow, though the small purring animal was intriguing to her.
Due to some major events, in the next couple of weeks I will be very busy and any posts that I am able to do at this time will be very slow. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, i'll try to get back to full speed again soon! :)
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Words: 84850
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2013, 9:08 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on August 25th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Her snort brought a bit of a chuckle out of Ricky as he found it out of the blue, most things like that were rather entertaining to witness and easily brought a laugh out of him. When she finally took to answer his question he paid close attention, interest fully focused on her as he started to take comfort in their conversation. She had taken to exploring the pass as well as the city, although she referred to it as a "town" in the beginning. This gave Ricky another chuckle as she corrected her understatement, and called it a huge city as it was. "Aye, that it is lass." He agreed before she asked about his duty as a Wave Guard, his face practically beamed when she asked the question.

"The Wave Guard 're tasked with keepin' the peace in the city o' Zeltiva, and we do 've our work cut out at times." He admitted with a hearty chuckle now, and continued to explain while he stroked Fenvur's spine. "Essentially we work to stop smuggling within Mathew's Bay, but our main charge is to keep the city as peaceful as we can. We're the dividin' line between the city and any danger that poses a threat t' it." He finished with a nod as he looked down to Fenvur, a little concern for the kitten as he noticed him to be rather warm. That was when Ceira asked if she could hold Fenvur, which in turn caused his eyes to flick over to her with curiosity. The promise not to drop or hurt the kitten was sincere enough, and it was all the more pleasant timing that she would ask this.

"I trust ya enough lass, but please take care with 'em. The little fuzzball likes to paw onto clothin' when held close." He held the kitten out in front of Ceira with open hands, a gentle smile on his face as he watched her take hold of the kitten. His purring ceased when he was in her arms as he just looked up at her with curious eyes, and Ricky thought about how hot the kitten felt after being inside his pocket. He wad rather iffy when it came to ideas like the one he just had, but he'd rather risk it for the sake of the kitten than keep his secret safe. Thus he decided this once to allow Ceira a leap of faith.

"Actually lass, I've t' ask that ya keep somethin' secret. I normally don't trust others t' know this, but Fenvur'd be pretty thirsty after sittin' in me pocket..." He pointed out with a nervous scratch at his chin, he then looked sincerely to Ceira with almost direct eye contact. "Promise me ya won't tell anybody 'bout what I'm 'bout t' do." He almost pleaded as though it were a personal favor, his request full of concern that this secret stay what it is; a secret. After Ceira finally promised him she wouldn't tell a soul, he eased with a sigh of relief and then approached her only a little. He was close enough to where his hands were cupped together, like an empty bowl that longed to be filled with substance. He held his cupped hands close to Fenvur and focused on tapping into his reserves, the hidden potential tucked away within him that could only be described as Djed.

When Ricky felt the flow of his inner spirit churn, he pooled for that energy he felt within and directed it from his core into his arms, which in turn flowed into his hands to finally take form. Royal blue substance took a liquidated form as it filled the cup of his hands, Res leaked from his palm slowly as he took extra caution and focus in creating the substance. Sure enough that Res transmuted from its liquid form to pure water for the kitten. Though Ricky watched as Fenvur lapped water from his hands, his focus was all the more on the fact he created water in his bare hands. There was no smile of achievement or accomplishment, but instead worry as though he were concerned with the act. Determined to hold something at bay should it have occured, a respective fear of his own power at best.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ceira Everwood on August 26th, 2013, 12:40 pm

“We’re the dividin’ line between the city and any danger that poses a threat t’ it.”

Ceira nodded along but said no more on the subject of the Wave Guards, that was enough to satisfy her curiosity for now. So they’re pretty much the front line defense of Zeltiva? Thats good to know. Indeed it was, she wasn’t a lawbreaker and she had no intention on ever becoming one, but she could use this tidbit of knowledge so if anything ever happened, she knew to look for the blue uniforms. It was easy to see how much pride Ricky had in the job, from the happy tone in his voice, to his proud posture and interest in the subject.

Though when he let Ceira hold Fenvur, she started to worry about dropping him. Sure, she said she wouldn’t drop him, but she was clumsy and accident prone, not a good combination when holding a small animal - or anything for that matter. So, she held the fuzz ball close, even when Ricky warned her of what he may do to her clothes. Like I care what happens to my clothing, I hate the damn things anyway. With that thought in mind, Ceira tried to grip the kitten firmly, but gently. She thought she was doing alright though, seeing as Fenvur didn’t seem to object, or if he did, she couldn’t tell. Though he did stop purring. Is that a good or a bad thing? Hesitantly, she stroked the small space in between his ears with one finger, I guess this isn’t as bad as I thought.

“Actually lass, I’ve t’ ask that ya keep somethin’ secret. I normally don’t trust others t’ know this, but Fenvur’d be pretty thirsty after sittin’ in me pocket... Promise me ya won’t tell anybody ‘bout what I’m ‘bout t’ do.”

A small crease formed on Ceira’s brow at this odd request from Ricky. What is he talking about? Still wondering, she agreed to keep quiet on... whatever he wanted to show her. “Uh, sure. I promise not to tell a soul.” Her confusion was furthered though when he cupped his hands together, stretching them out towards Fenvur, seemingly to concentrating on the depths of his hand. “Uhh...” At a loss for words, Ceira could only stay where she was, making sure to keep still so she didn’t drop Fenvur. What the... He’s lost it. Thats the only explanation. The heat has finally caught up to him in that uniform, his brains have been fried!

It was at this point that Ceira noticed the droplets of water that started to dot his palms. Is that... sweat? No, its filling up too fast. What the... petch? A mixture of emotions ran through her, ones of surprise, awe and fear when she saw the liquid collect into a puddle within his hands. She had never seen anything like this before - whatever ‘this’ was - and the only thing that stopped her from backing up in shock was the small kitten in her hands that drank up the liquid. This is madness. He’s gone crazy! Maybe I’ve gone crazy with the heat and i’m hallucinating. Yeah, thats it. I’ve finally gone insane. Through all of these troubling thoughts, she briefly wondered if Ricky could see the appalled look on her face, with her jaw hanging slack in bewilderment, her startled eyes wide open as they started at the water. Her own hands were shaking slightly

“W-What the... No. Thats crazy... I’m crazy... What the petch was that?! Shyke!
Due to some major events, in the next couple of weeks I will be very busy and any posts that I am able to do at this time will be very slow. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, i'll try to get back to full speed again soon! :)
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on August 29th, 2013, 4:31 pm

It pleased Ricky all the more to see Ceira took the chance of holding Fenvur seriously, the kitten practically latched onto her shirt for the first few chimes she held him close. Ricky actually found that her words were sincere enough to be taken into consideration, thus when he followed through with his next action he placed in her a LOT of trust. There were only a select few, almost a handful, of people that knew of his abilities, and she would soon be one of them. The question was; would she be able to follow through with her promise?

That remained to be seen of course. The reaction, on the other hand, she gave when Ricky transmuted water suggested otherwise, as she looked more so nearly petrified that he could make such a thing happen. "Petch, I knew it was a bad idea. I just knew!" He started to sulk a bit as he finally broken contact from his hands, after enough water had been transmuted to fill his hands he looked to Ceira. Almost directly in the eyes. "Please don't freak out lass, I garentee what I did is okay. I used magic to create water f'r Fen t' drink." He explained to her calmly, a look to Fenvur as the kitten continued to drink.

"Last year I went through a rough time, and met a guy who could do magic. Reimancy as it'a called. I asked f'r him t' initiate me without thinkin' it entirely through, thus I myself obtained the power. Though I really never use it." He could feel the cool water leak between his fingers, drops slowly made their way to the back of his hands to fall onto the ground. "I know magic t' be a danger, so I avoid usin' it without proper cause." He added with another sincere look to Ceira, hopeful that she may have calmed down. "And only few people I trust know this secret."

He gave a pleading look now, one that proved Ceira knew something that could very well be used against him. "Ya have t' keep it secret lass. Please, don't tell anybody 'bout this." He requested one final time, even though she already made her promise earlier.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ceira Everwood on August 30th, 2013, 1:44 pm

"Please don't freak out lass, I guarantee what I did is okay. I used magic to create water f'r Fen t' drink... I know magic t' be a danger, so I avoid usin' it without proper cause."

Don’t freak out? Is he serious? He just made petching water out of thin air! As the water trickled out of Ricky’s hands Ceira tentatively drew Fenvur back towards her, holding the small kitten in her arms as she shakily slid down the wall onto the ground. Shock still overcame her and never before had she been exposed to this ‘Reimancy’ as the Wave Guard called it. She tried to process all the information he was giving her, but all she could think about was his empty hands filling with water. Even through her fright, she felt small threads of curiosity emerge, something that she was slightly scared of in this situation. She was curious by nature, but she had also experienced her inquisitiveness getting the better of her and she didn’t want a repeat of that, especially when it could potentially be very dangerous.

“Mew!”

With her back pressed up to the side of the cliff face and her knees drawn up to her chin, Ceira hadn’t realised that she was slightly smothering the poor kitten. Though the small fuzzball alerted her to the proble m with his cry. “Sorry...” She loosened her grip on Fenvur, who immediately crawled out of her arms and instead sat on her knee, turning to face her. Somehow, Ceira thought as if the small kitten was giving her a stern and glaring look, though she couldn’t tell for sure, since a tiny kitten can only look so intimidating. Letting out a long sigh, she rested her chin in both hands as she thought through the whole thing. Ok. He can make water out of nothing-- Shyke. He can make water out of nothing. A small part of Ceira ridiculed her for her foolishness, on how silly she was acting. Get over it already! He said he never really uses it!

"And only few people I trust know this secret. Ya have t' keep it secret lass. Please, don't tell anybody 'bout this."

Meeting Ricky’s anguished look with her confused one, Ceira just shook her head in disbelief, muttering as well. “I promised I would, didn’t I?” Her hands drew patterns in the dust and dirt beside her, it was a habit of hers - whenever she was in deep thought she would always fidget with her hands. The ground was hard and solid underneath Ceira, and it somewhat helped to stop her from shaking as much. Taking a deep breath, she answered the Wave Guard with a firm voice, certainty lacing her words. “And I can tell you now I always keep my promises.” Deciding to focus on the landscape, or anywhere away from Ricky’s general direction, made it slightly easier to come to terms with what had just happened. She absentmindedly scratched Fenvur under the chin as she said her next words. “Well, now, its my turn.”

“Just promise me one thing - you will petching tell me before you decide to pull a stunt like that again, alright?”
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on September 8th, 2013, 1:21 am

Ricky watched and kept slightly close as she drew back against the rough edges of the pass, his expression full of worry as she only looked all the more bewildered. He knelt down before her with the water still cupped in his hands, the kitten still looked for his refreshments as Ceira subconciously drew the kitten close. "Oh petch. Petch, petch, petch she's flippin' out hard." His heart sunk deeply with regret as he watched her, waiting for something to help snap her back to reality. Finally Fenvur was the one to break the silence as the gravity of the moment intensified.

"Mew." With an apology to Fenvur she let the kitten go, and he ever so boldy took residence atop her knees as Ricky held his cupped hands close. With no regard to the woman that held him close, the kitten returned to his duties of cuteness and lapped the water from his hands into his mouth. By the look of confusion she held he could only wonder what it was she thought about, and he hoped for the best when she finally started to speak. "Oh thank the Gods." He sighed in slight relief as her words lifted the weight off his shoulders, the promise she made still held true as she confirmed it once again.

Then came the turn of the tables, as she reflected her statement onto him. It caused a withdrawal of breath as she said what came next, a deep moment of thought processed through his mind as the weight of consequence then fell upon him. With a sincere look from Fenvur up to Ceira he opened his mouth to speak, but gave a nervous chuckle as no words came out. "Only when it's possible." He finally managed to say with a wry smile, hopeful that was acceptable enough. "Times o' danger it's a last resort but moments like this, I promise ya." He assured her with a nod as he finally started to relax, relief returned once more as the weight he felt seemed to lift again. She demanded no difficult promise to be sure, so he had no real reason to feel that she posed a threat. That made her more of a friend than anything, and so long as she kept her word like she said, he would think no less of her for sure.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ceira Everwood on September 15th, 2013, 1:43 am

“Only when its possible. Times o' danger it's a last resort but moments like this, I promise ya."

Mulling over Ricky’s words, Ceira continued to fidget with her fingers, entwining themselves around each other and sometimes tapping them on her leg. She watched his reactions, the slight hesitation and the glance at Fenvur, though the clear response afterwards made her feel as if he was genuine. Shooting a relieved glance at Fenvur, she nodded, partly to reassure Ricky and herself as well. “Well, I guess thats good then.”

Glancing up at the sky in her musings, Ceira noticed how sun had become a little lower. The scorching heat had lessened slightly, which was a great relief for her. Her eyes traveled from Fenvur, to across the pass, flicking over the small place where she had thought to move her tent earlier in the day. Well... I guess its a good a place as any, but if I want to move tonight... Hm... She eyed the sun again, trying to get a rough estimate on how much time she had left today. Maybe i’d have enough time... Smiling sheepishly at Ricky, she gently grabbed Fenvur in her hands, before standing up.

Using one of her hands to brush off cat fur and dirt, she handed the small kitten off to Ricky, before addressing the both of them. “Uh, well, I best be off. I have something I ought to care of before nightfall and it may take a while.” She was still a little weirded out by the whole incident from before - it would still take some getting used to. Still, she made herself stretch out a hand towards Ricky, though she couldn’t help but eye his hand a little. “And i’m sorry about... the way I acted before...”

Ceira felt like she had maybe offended Ricky a little by her reaction, but she put it at the back of her mind where she would run over it again later. She felt a little silly now about the whole thing, yet she managed to give both the Wave Guard and the small kitten a smile of reassurance. “Maybe I’ll see you again soon, take care Ricky, Fenvur.” Giving the little kitten another small scratch in between his ears, she started the walk back to her tent, but not before she gave a small wave back to the pair. Now, to lug my tent back here...
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on September 17th, 2013, 2:33 am

She accepted his promise well enough and fell back into her original state of mind, and then Ricky felt convinced that things were all better now that the two established a better understanding. She decided to say goodbye now as she had a task she had to attend to, and she followed with an apology towards her reaction from earlier with his secret. "No worries lass, ye 'ave a right to feel what ya felt." He nodded with a humble grin as Fenvur rested in his hands once again, the kitten looked between his caretaker and the woman before them as she started to head off.

"Very soon, hopefully when I'm not on patrol." He added with a chuckle as she bade farewell, Fenvur enjoyed the last of the head scratches she gave before going off on her own, and the two watched for a little bit before Ricky looked to Fenvur next. "Now what t' do with you." He mused with wonder on whether or not he should take him home or keep him along, of course the kitten only looked up to him with wide eyes before he said his part of the deal. "Mew."

"What? Ye actually want t' stay out, in this blasted heat?" He pointed out with an amused expression, and scoffed when Fenvur tilted his head forward and licked his lips with the tip of his tongue several times. "Oh I see, leave it t' yer Pa t' keep ya cool and yer throat moist." He retorted with a bit of a sigh to follow, rather fearful of making another small handful of water. He handled the urge to make more quite well even if the feelings were nearly enthralling, but he would have to learn to control these urges he got somehow didn't he? "Bah! Fine, you win little shyke." He finally gave in and knelt down to place Fenvur on the ground, with a sharp eye to look all around before he attempted a second turn.

When he saw the area was clear and felt sure he cupped his hands together and willed for the reserves of his Djed to come forth once more, with a mind purely focused on the res that molded in his hand the royal blue ooze rippled and formed to the size of an apple before transmutation occured. Pure water then rested in his hands once more as he felt the cool liquid leak between the cracks of his fingers, and Fenvur then drank away some more to sate his thirst as the guard finally allowed himself to relax. "There. After this we'll be gettin' back to patrollin' so ya won't get another drink 'til I take a break." He finally spoke as after he felt sure he was still in control of himself, still ever fearful that he may lose himself to the power he used if he weren't careful.

After the kitten got his need amount of water he was back in Ricky's hands, and the guard would continue to patrol his route until it was time for him to return home.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Eldritch on October 31st, 2013, 5:21 pm

Ceira :
Skills
Land Navigation +1
Observation +3
Socialization +3

Lores
-Mirahil Pass: Good Hunting grounds
-Mirahil Pass: New location for a camp
-Ricky: The guy who helped you at the Kelp Bar
-Fenver: Ricky's cat
-Wave Guard: Peacekeepers of Zeltiva
-Reimancy: Magic that can make water appear

Ricky :
Skills
Socialization +3
Reimancy +1
Observation +1

Lores
-Fenver likes pockets
-Ceira: Girl you stood up for at the Kelp Bar
-Revealing you are a reimancer to Ceira

Notes :
Fun little solo, a pleasant read as well! :) I especially liked that Ceira freaked out when Ricky used magic, I think more non-magic users could learn from that kind of reaction. ;)

If you have any comments/questions/concerns about your grade please PM me and we will work something out.

Keep on writing!
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous