[Verified by Jupiter] Jervis Hill

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Jervis Hill

Postby Jervis Hill on July 27th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Delete please
Last edited by Jervis Hill on September 7th, 2013, 11:41 am, edited 16 times in total.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Jervis Hill

Postby Jervis Hill on September 6th, 2013, 4:46 pm

delete please
Last edited by Jervis Hill on September 7th, 2013, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Jervis Hill

Postby Jervis Hill on September 7th, 2013, 3:08 am

Jervis Hill Coglias

Race: Coglian\Pritrian Isurian
Birthday: 1, Season of Spring, 461 AV.
Birthplace: Northern Isurian Border Post
Gnosis:Izurdin: First Mark

Appearance: medium spikey red hair juts from his head like a mountain range held in place by sweat and grime usually, through he dresses it up with oil and slicks it back for Isurian holy days. The hair colour well suits his pale skin, bronzed by his work outdoors and travel, streaked with pale blue, marble like veins.

The same height as all isurians at five feet tall, he is muscular from the hard work of his trade and his life but still manages to stare out at the world with eternally curious emerald green eyes. His left arm is a shade of green that is so dark as to look black except under bright light and veined with silvery blue marble like streaks, marked at the shoulder with a bright white elaborate band like clashing blades, the symbol of his god from a gift from Izurdin.
He standardly wears a worn black cassock, black trousers tied with simple cord, a black vest with yellow trim and black hobnail boots with a metal toecap

Character Concept
Personally Jervis was a very easy character to make. I based him on my own personality, flaws and feelings. While he is highly idealized I try to write from a personal place because it ties me to my writing making it a joy to write and flow easily. I have also found since joining this wonderful site that my character is inspiring me to reflect those characteristics I admire in myself in the real world. I would like to thank this wonderful community for allowing me to grow and bearing with me while I learned, it truly is a miraculous world you have all imagined together.

"Jervis's Speech" -- "Jervis's Thoughts"
Last edited by Jervis Hill on September 7th, 2013, 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Jervis Hill

Postby Jervis Hill on September 7th, 2013, 3:14 am

Character History
Jervis' birth and lineage are the result of a sad love story. His father was Pitrius magician of high caliber but a dreamer. He wanted to see the world and new magics so in the course of pursuing his dream he hired a Coglias guard to accompany him. She was young but brave and eager to build a reputation as a warrior so joined him though she considered his dream foolish. The travelled together for some time and eventually the woman fell in love with the magician despite his foolish dreams. They made love many times and decided to return after the woman became pregnant while travelling to settle down and have a life together. He only wanted to make one stop on the way home. To visit a place he'd heard of near Sultros and then they would be married and together forever.

So they travelled to Veld's Tomb though the magician made the woman wait for him at camp nearby til he returned to not risk their child. She wanted to go but accept her condition as she was getting far along in her pregnacy and travel had been hard. He made her promise him not to go into the place because of the powerful magics it may contain.

She waited one week, then two and probably would have spent her life waiting had not being stumbled across by a group of Isurian loggers looking to gather materials. They asked why she was out here alone she told them her story. The loggers felt sorry for but told her that if he had gone in there he would not be returning, it was a cursed and evil place. She wailed but was convinced by them to return to the border outpost with them, only leaving after they agreed to leave a sign telling her fiance where to find her.

She travelled with them to the border post and rented a room determined he would come back to her. While their she met a young priestess who had returned to visit with family. The too formed a fast friendship and she stayed using her midwifing skills to help the young woman's child into the world. The young woman told the priestess that she was waiting for her fiancé to form a life together. Told how she had no other family than him and had been out exploring the world.

The day came when our young hero enters the world was a sad one. There was an unexpected complication, perhaps from the travel or stress and is mother passed away shortly after he was born only having spent enough time with him in her arms to give him a first name. The young priestess was saddened by the loss of her friend and not knowing what else to do brought him back with her to where she worked as a teacher, A small orphanage and school in the eastern border post.

Jervis' life was fairly normal for an orphan. Though not having much the priestess cared for him well and he was a good student in his studies. His main complaint about his childhood would have to be the bullying he endure. Jervis is normally a passive thinker but ever since a young age he'd attracted bullies with his studious behaviour and loner attitude. Words never bothered him much and he could ignore them but when they would push him to far he'd snap in an almost feral rage beating his opponent into unconsciousness unless pulled off by someone. These events gave him a reputation as a thug that he'd never asked for and seemed to attract more fight as others came to provoke him and fight with him either just to fight or build up their own reputation.

The endless bullying and fighting may have continued into his youth had his powers not awakened. The priestess that had taken him in while being a midwife was also a reimancer and stumbled across Jervis in the middle of such a fight. He'd gotten himself into a bad situation when a gang of young thugs tried to recruit him and he rebuffed them because he'd had no interest in searching for a fight. They taken the rebuff poorly and decided to beat him with some sticks until he changed his mind. Maybe it was the dormant magic from his fathers side combined with the stress and of the situation and the feral rage of his darkside. The more he fought, the more his dark thoughts consumed him transforming his fingertips on his left hand into wickedly hooked claws. Jervis was losing badly but a few of the thugs refused to get near him after he had landed a solid blow on them leaving them with ragged bleeding wounds.

The Priestess had been out to meet a friend and as they made their way to lunch the stumbled across the fight taking place in an alley. The priestess would have probably jumped in immediately to save the child of her friend had she not been so stunned by his transformation. She'd heard of morphing though rare among the isur. Her friend was a former caravan guard turned weaponsmith and reacted much quicker. She showed no mercy using her skills to pound the group and drive them off though she walked with limp. By the time her friend was done the priestess had recovered from her shock and calmed Jervis down with soothing words as he still looked lost in his rage. By the time the priestess had calmed him Jervis collapsed from his injuries and the use of his new power.

He awoke to find the two of them in his room. The filled him in on the decisions they had made while he had been recovering. It was almost time for his apprenticeship period. Normally this would be decided by his parents but as he had none the decision would be hers as she had worked herself up to the head of the orphanage during Jervis's life. He was going to apprentice under her friend whom had a shop built into a cliff about a day outside town. As well she explained clearly that he also had magic so he would be required to train in it as well to save anymore incidents as well.

Thus began his apprenticeship under the woman he would call Mistress Coli, or Old lady in his private thoughts or when he was angry. He remembered how she had saved him and wanted her to be proud of him. She was hard on him, not accepting less than his best and forced him to train his body in her own brawling fighting style hoping the discipline would help him get his dark side under control as she had been warned that if he lost control of his magic like that again in a rage the dangers could destroy the boys mind. Once a week he'd travel back to the orphanage for training with his power with the priestess, hauling weapons ordered and delivering them and then making his way back hauling whatever items she'd asked the next day. Sometimes on foot, sometimes with one of the horses depending mainly on the type of mood she was in.

Also once a year he had to make a pilgrimage to the silver tower to learn more from them. It was a hard life but one of the happiest in his life.

The last pivotal event in his life was a meeting with one of Coli's friends seven years prior. His name was Kevil Grasstrider and was a merchant Drykas the his mistress had met in her time as a caravan guard. He was of the Amythest tribe and wise man. This meeting changed Jervis' opinion of humans and the outside world. It was seven years ago inspired him on the path he is on since leaving on his home on his 51th birthday to see the world.

"Jervis's Speech"--"Jervis's Thoughts"
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Jervis Hill

Postby Jervis Hill on September 7th, 2013, 3:19 am

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Isurian
Poor Language: Pavi.

Skills

Skill RB SS *EXP Total Proficiency
Blacksmithing 10 0010 Novice
Weapon Smithing 0 17 017 Novice
Metal Smithing 0808 Novice
Sculpting 0505 Novice
Morphing010010 Novice
Brawling 010010 Novice
Observation0044 Novice
Rhetoric 0022 Novice
Socialization 0022 Novice
Planning0011Novice
Climbing Placeholder
Running Placeholder
Endurance Placeholder
Intimidation Placeholder
Negotiation Placeholder
Philosophy Placeholder
Acting Placeholder
Storytelling Placeholder
Investigation Placeholder

* - For references to EXP see thread lists

Lores

Isurian Lores
Isurian Weapon Smithing: Proper blade making techniques
Religion: Izurdin

Personal Lores
World Filled With Wonders
I Hate Bullies

Racial Lores
Pycon: Living Clay Statues
Myrian: Bronze-Skinned People

Misc Lores
A Ragtag Group
A Plan To Rescue Opala

Last edited by Jervis Hill on September 11th, 2013, 1:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Jervis Hill

Postby Jervis Hill on September 7th, 2013, 3:40 am

Possesions
Carried
Black cassock, Black vest with yellow trim, Black trousers, Simple cord belt,
Black leather hobnail boots, Linen undergarments, Brown leather rucksack,
Simple homemade staff, Water Flask, Skinning knife, Straight razor

Shoulder Dufflebag
Brass Comb, Horse Brush, Bar of soap, Torches (2), Rations (1wk),
Flint & Steel, Rope (100 ft), Blanket, Fishing tackle & hooks

Large Saddlebags
Lantern, 5lbs raw iron ingots (2), Dried Peas (5lbs), Dried mushrooms (3lbs),
Traveller's Stock, Preserving Kit, Wagon harness

Pine Toolbox(2x4)
Iron drill, Hand vice (1), Whetstone (5), Metal saw, Pinchers, Smithing hammer, Botter, Bick iron, Bellows

Barrel
Coal (20lbs)

Marble (Mountain Pony)
Large tent (4 person), Large tarp, Bedroll, Coal shovel, Case hardening box, Riding saddle

Hierloom
3ft long cave gecko named Izzy, found injured during childhood and nursed back to health been his companion ever since but tends to have his own mind about things.

Abandoned
Wagon, Poor Quality, Missing two front wheels.

House: Somewhere in the Bronze Woods.

Last edited by Jervis Hill on September 7th, 2013, 7:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Jervis Hill

Postby Jervis Hill on September 7th, 2013, 3:49 am

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Coal shovel - 5 SM 99 GM 5 SM
Iron drill - 8 GM 91 GM 5 SM
(5) Whetstone -1 SM 91GM 4SM
Metal saw -4GM 87GM 4SM
Pinchers -8SM 86GM 6SM
Smithing hammer -10GM 76GM 6SM
Case hardening box -2GM 74GM 6SM
Bick Iron -5 SM 74GM 1SM
Bellows -5GM 69GM 1SM
Barrel -2GM 67GM 1SM
Coal (20lbs) -2GM 65GM 1SM
1lbs Iron Ingots (10) -5GM 60GM 1SM
(2'x4') Pine Crate -3SM 59GM 8SM
Poor quality wagon -17GM 5SM 42GM 3SM
Living expenses: Spring Poor 45 -2GM 7SM

Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Jervis Hill

Postby Jervis Hill on September 7th, 2013, 5:14 am

Thread List
Summer 513AV
Day Thread Status Rewards
58th New Girl Is Lost (Open!) Completed +2 Observation, +1 Socialization, +1 Rhetoric, Lores
58th Food For Thought (Rada, Jervis, Ardea, Kaie) Completed Observation +2 ,Socialization +1, Rhetoric +1 , Planning +1, Lores
58th [Pavi Lake] Chasing The Salt Thief In Progress
59th A Bazaar Encounter (Teague, Jervis, Sei) In Progress
61st [Bronze Woods] Scouring the woods (Jervis, Shiyami) In Progress
61stThe Grand Bazaar - Stocking up for a tripGrading
67thA Road Less Travelled or so I Thought (Kaie, Jervis) Grading
70th[Sunset Falls] Beneath a Watery Veil of Gold (Jervis)Grading

Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets