Flashback [Flashback] A Konti, a Human and an Akalak (Imass, Naeya)

Revy's day off turns from sightseeing into a violent one, all because of one Konti.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Flashback] A Konti, a Human and an Akalak (Imass, Naeya)

Postby Revy Hiroe on April 29th, 2013, 8:43 pm

The young woman had noticed the flaws in Imass' stance only after she had backed off. "Petch! Should've pressed a bit further.", she cursed at herself in her mind. If she had a little bit more actual battle experience, she might've noticed it before she had backed off. But it was no use crying over spilled beans. It was now done, so she just had to accept it.

She shifted her stance immediately, choosing to keep the blade next to her side and pointed backwards, as if it were spring-loaded. Like this she would be able to attack fast and powerful. "Gotta keep hitting those legs of his. He'll drop after a few, I'm sure of it.", she thought to herself as she planned her own assault.

The moment Imass stepped out, was the time the girl closed the gap. Diving to his right side, she brought in the blade, cutting low. Again the blow was aimed at the legs, more precisely, at his knees. But due to her own attack, she wasn't able to avoid the blow from the other and took it to her shoulder. It hurt, a throbbing feeling spreading throughout her shoulder, but it didn't made her falter. No instead she pressed on, deciding to follow up her first attack with another.

She twisted the wooden sword in her hand, and swung it back aiming for the back of the knees. This one had to land, she was sure of it. How was he going to avoid if it came from his blind side?
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Imass on April 29th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Imass' sword swung around his head and cracked Revy in the shoulder. He felt the vibrations go through his arm as the wood bounced. Everything happened at the same though. Her shorter sword flew from pointing backwards and whipped forward with energy toward's the Akalak's knee. Stepping backwards with his leading foot the Akalak avoided her first attack, but she used the momentum of her first attack to lead into another one aimed right at his leg.

Dropping his sword down, he recieved her strike with the flat of his blade. Despite timing his block correctly, his angle with still at a disadvantage and the wooden blades still made contact on his shin. Wincing in pain he slide stepped backwards again. The drums continued and the crowd remained fairly silent. Although Imass took damage he blocked most of the strike.

Pointing his sword to the sky and holding his blade over his head, he faced Revy square on. He wanted to see her try to attack him this time. She had not impressed him with such idiotic tactics, "You no win from low. I too big. Use you feet one and move. Not just pow pow, use mind... come at me," He would show her what he was talking about, if words did not work. The moment she threw a strike, he would step into another stance and see if she could adapt.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Magpie on September 9th, 2013, 2:09 am

e
Revy :
XP:
Observation +3
Intimidation +2
Weapon: Katana +2
Tactics +2

Lores:
No Harm in a Break
Konti Beauty
To Kill Mobility, Go for the Legs

Naeya :
Please deduct Spring and Summer's seasonal expenses from your ledger. Then let me know and I'll post your grade here.

Imass :
If you decide to come out of retirement, let me know and I'll add your grade here.

Notes :
Short little thread, sorry to see it didn't pan out.

If you have any questions or concerns about what was awarded, please don't hesitate to PM me.
e
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous