Solo From Bloody Nose to Justified Fists

After Ollic encounters a fight in a tavern, he seeks out how to defend himself...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

From Bloody Nose to Justified Fists

Postby Ollic Rimesage on August 15th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Timestamp: 80th Day of Summer, 513 AV

Walking through the wooden doors cast a strange sensation of deja vu onto Ollic. He had been here before, just days before the fight simply to order a meal on his first day in Lhavit. And now he was back, but for more aggressive and determined reasons; these reasons had become far too personal to over think.

He was tired of always being the scrawny weakling every often abused, constantly using him as though he were a broken toy no one wanted. He was fed up with having his feeling messed around with, so he resorted to talking to his imaginary friends.

It was either you were too smart or too dumb, Ollic often being the former, which gave a pent-up rage towards him from the kids he grew up around. It wasn't just because he was anti-social that he didn't have any friends. For some odd reason he just found himself being simply an unlikable person, and this impression that had been branded into him from the start had everybody thinking that he was weak and useless, a waste of space.

Books were his best friend all throughout his childhood and continuing into his adolescents. The characters within the stories were people Ollic could often relate to what with their constant conflicts and emotional issues. It made him feel less alone in the world knowing that people out there, real or not, were going with the same troubles he was.

And now Ollic was about to prove all those who had ever misjudged him wrong. He was going to show all those who had taken him for granted, all those who hurt him emotionally or physically that he was capable of so much more. As he headed for those wooden stairs to the right upon entering the building, he was determined to let his stored potential shine into the eyes of all his foes.

The stairs creaked uncomfortably underneath his weight, giving him the impression that they had been here for many years, now recently rotting from old age. Once he hit the bottom step, a new feeling evaded his sense of self-respect and comfort.

The room was large, the flooring padded as to prevent people from falling down and hurting themselves or from shattering their skulls and damaging their cerebellum. It was abnormally painted, the colour scheme reflecting off of the unrecognisable feeling it gave off.

No one was in the room with him, he noticed. Disappointment soon settled into his heart as he over thought why. Perhaps they were closed, Ollic thought. He probably was either too early for them to be open or too late to have made it before they closed. He had never checked their business hours, only their class prices.

Then as if by reading his mind, a shadow stepped into his line of view, black being nearly the only shade the being wore, a dark mask covering up its facial features.

Startled, Ollic drew back, nearly tripping on the stairs he had just recently descended. The figure stuck out a hand to steady Ollic's balance. He still could not recognize any details to the figure's identity or even gender for that matter, no matter how close they had just become, and the eeriness was becoming an obsession for him. His orbital-frontal cortex was constantly sending unimportant messages to his thalamus, which gave him his compulsions and at this exact moment in time, it was acting up.

The figure didn't say anything for quite some time and neither did Ollic. He was never the one to speak first and usually remained silent in his shy and reclusive way. He was never the first one to talk, let alone lose a match of silence to another opponent.

"What do you seek?" asked the silhouette finally, a deep voice emerging from its throat. It was most likely a man Ollic was facing and that much information relinquished his quandary.

Control, Ollic was about to reply to the stranger whom had still kept himself shrouded in darkness. But was control the thing he really wanted to learn? After giving it some thought, Ollic tried a more decent and less sinful approach; a definite answer he hoped would be pleasing to hear.

"I seek defense, a sense of self control and solitude," he told him, his head lifted up in pride, hoping his actions didn't portray him as the kind to be ornery.

The words that left his lips felt foreign to him. Was that really him speaking? No unnecessary large gulps of air? No shakes or tremors of anxiety? No stutters or sweaty palms? Perhaps this desperation to become better at defending himself was not only good for him but for his social attributes as well. However, Ollic didn't mentally applaud himself like he would normally find himself doing; instead he just stood and stared at the man in front of him, the stanger’s hand still on top of Ollic's bony shoulder.

"And is this enlightenment for educational purposes or for self-worth?”

These questions that were thrown at him were more difficult to answer than the Vantha had ever imagined and he had never imagined answering any questions at all! He had just thought that upon arriving, his master would jump right into training him, he had never thought that they would stand around and converse about personal self-worth and why he wanted to learn about how to fight.

But Ollic had his answer already prompt and ready to go. "I want to be able to protect not only myself from danger but of those who are dear to me."

His response must have been a respectable one because the anonymous figure let go of his tense hold that had moved from Ollic’s shoulder to his collar. He then waved for him to follow onto the fabricated mat.

I am back from my time in recovery and I will be happy to pick up on the roleplaying I left for a while. It feels so good to be back and I am looking forward to expanding Ollic's experience!
Ollic Rimesage
A Problematic Doctor

Words: 212499
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2013, 11:48 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ollic Rimesage on August 22nd, 2013, 10:21 pm

Ollic followed like he had been told, finally working up the courage to ask his new teacher why it was needed to be wearing a mask. He didn't find an importance in keeping himself and his identity hidden when they were going to soon work together.

"Why do you wear such cover up?” he asked, taking off his shoes and over vest as he had been instructed by his master's gestures.

There was a pause before the man spoke, slowly and precisely as if he were speaking to a child or dumbfounded student. "An appearance or name can destroy one's thoughts on whether their skill is matched by their opponent's."

His answer had cleared up his first question to such a crystal illuminance that Ollic's second question about wanting to know a name to affiliate him with never had a chance to escape his lips.

Without even a split sense of hesitation, Ollic unprepared for such an encounter, his instructor lunged at him with a back hand that connected with the Vantha's stomach.

"Gah,” he cried out in pain as he sunk to the floor, clutching his gut as he waited impatiently for the pain to fade, and for the oxygen to return to his lungs.

"What is the matter with you?" he spat, feeling around his chest and ribcage for any signs of fracture or damage.

The man in black simply turned on his heel and drifted away from the boy who was still squatting on the ground with a grimace plastered onto his face.

Disappointment radiated off the teacher's skin as he told his apprentice, "You aren't worthy and you are a far in being ready for such important responsibility.” He started to head off toward a back room of sorts when Ollic racked his brain of what actions he should take to keep this class in session.

"Wait!" he called out to him in utter desperation, his breathing remaining abnormal and caught in his throat as he panicked in his interjection.
The figure stopped in his place and waited for Ollic to continue. He was still facing away from his anxious and frighteningly determined student.

Ollic knew what he had done wrong the moment those angry words had left his mouth. He was in a place of sanctity and honour. Blood, sweat and tears were created here and his inappropriate outburst had broken the peacefulness of their process. There were most likely other people of all sorts of races that had been here in this room before him learning the art of self-defense from their trainers; Ollic needed to honour this and apologize.

"I am terribly sorry instructor. My anger got the best of me and I apologize for my actions. Sudden surprises don't suit me well, as you have noticed from my recent reaction."

Acknowledging his pupil's proof of consideration and respect, the master turned around and headed back to meet him once more. The Vantha appeared to look helpless and lost, his eyes a dark blue that reminded people of the ocean. He needed someone's guidance in life and common knowledge and his slightly quivering lip approved of this assumption.

"Then we must release that built up rage from deep within you to proper way,” he told his student, commanding him to sit on the padded flooring alongside himself so that they were face to face. "I am the teacher and you are the student," he sighed, letting his eyes droop closed lazily.

Ollic already predicted what they planned to do and spoke up in terms of refraining from repeating a skill he already knew well.

"I know meditation well, sir. I -"

"Meditation does not simply revolve around oneself breathing deeply and counting numbers in rhythm to one's heart,” the teacher interrupted.

That shut Ollic up. His instructor's words were all he had been doing before now. He hadn't realized that there was more function to be known in order to properly meditate. Perhaps this part of the class wasn't a waste of time after all and was truly needed as a beginning refresher course.

"One must become at peace with themself, concentrating on how they breathe as they visualize a calm world of solitude in both body and mind."

Ollic was taking all of his teacher's information and injecting it into his veins as he copied the stance he was given to mimic. He sat down, placing one leg over the other, crossing them at the ankles as Ollic presumed the lotus style sitting position dutifully.

"How does this stance help me with learning how to defend myself from harm?" he asked, distractingly.

"You can't help yourself when your mind is compacted with irrelevant thoughts, now can you?" The man replied in a wary tone. ''Now, silence is a magical thing; a very powerful thing. Your incessant questions are of great disturbance to both yourself as well as it is to me."

Ollic, eyes wide, rapidly nodded his head no matter whether his teacher could see his gesture of understanding or not. And then he closed his own eyes.

Somehow, the man who sat in front of him realised that his pupil had settled down and had finally closed his eyes because his voice wavered in front of Ollic's face as he continued on with the lesson, feeling that it was the appropriate time to progress and advance in skill level.

"You will breathe in twice, the air entering through your nostrils and slowly out your mouth," he told Ollic, his voice suddenly changing from a deep, strict tone to a light and memorizing tongue.

Ollic suddenly found himself relaxing as a wave of calm succumbed throughout his body. He breathed in two deep lungfuls of air as his teacher had instructed him to do, and then felt himself instantaneously breathing better as he slowly let out the air that temporarily resided in his bronchia.

"Now," the black clothed figure continued in barely a whisper. "You are envisioning a peaceful place in the deepest part of your mind. You are envisioning a waterfall. Now, I want you to repeat what I say."

''I see a waterfall," Ollic repeated hesitantly, and he really did see the waterfall. He saw the crystal blue colour as the water fell from above and crashed into the lake that rested at its base. It was beautiful and stunningly real. His heart rate had slowed down drastically and now the rest of his being remained limp and in a relaxed stale.

"You see flowers as you walk,'' his master said aloud.

"I see flowers as I walk," Ollic repeated after him. He continued to breathe, maintaining the flow from an inhale through the nose and an exhale throughout the mouth, feeling the air travel throughout his respiratory system. It expelled in a way that reminded him of fog, it wasn’t completely clear, and instead of low floating clouds, it was worry and concern that left him.

"Good. I know sense that you are ready to begin properly. Your anger has been release and your mind has been cleared."

Ollic snapped his eyes open to see that his trainer was already standing up and waiting. Ollic followed his posture, jumping to his feet as he faced the dark figure, trying to predict what lesson would come next. Perhaps he would be taught staff training? Kicking followed by a foreword roll? Breaking wooden planks with his fists?

"Stance."

Well, that was close enough, he shrugged.

I am back from my time in recovery and I will be happy to pick up on the roleplaying I left for a while. It feels so good to be back and I am looking forward to expanding Ollic's experience!
Ollic Rimesage
A Problematic Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ollic Rimesage on August 25th, 2013, 6:29 pm

“Stance is a very basic, yet crucial part of self-defense. It is what keeps you balanced, helping you dodge and block attacks easier with foundation and support. If you don’t know how to maintain a proper stance, you might as well flag down your signal of defeat.”

Ollic hadn’t a clue that stance was such an important factor in unarmed combat. He had never thought about certain postures and positions as such essential material to learn and remember. It was a good thing that he was being taught by such a knowledgeable instructor, or else he would have been beaten up more in the future, not knowing such things.

“Follow my actions as I demonstrate you through the most basic stance: the front stance.”

The instructor demonstrated a complex position, but Ollic mirrored his movements, surprised at how strange the feeling of the front stance. He felt his left leg stepping in front of his right, the knee bending slightly so that he could no longer see the big toe. He then dropped his right leg back so that is lay almost directly behind the left. It was perfectly straight at his teacher had instructed it to be.

The master quickly ended his stance as he walked over to Ollic. He put his hand out in terms to knock him over, but Ollic was stable and in good position.

“Very good,” the man praised him as he began to show him some defensive techniques one could do in such a stance as this one.

Ollic followed suit, watching his teacher’s actions with as much attention as he could muster. His eyes trailed over the man’s body and saw his arms swing across his body with such force and power, yet simplicity that Ollic found himself partially confused.

He took part in participation as he continued to stand in his front stance. Ollic lifted his right arm from his waist line and raised it so that his fist was facing away from his face, the height directly at eye level. He then thrust it across his body as the palm part of his fist was now near his nose.

“Great,” his instructor said to him, “But try to do this block quicker, with more power. It is impossible to stop a kick that is aiming for your face if you are a slow as a sloth.”

Ollic, taking slight offense to that comment, proceeded with the same technique again, only faster and more disciplined. It was better, he thought.

Suddenly the man in black sent a kick to Ollic’s shoulder. Without hesitation and as if on instinct, Ollic’s closed fist came up and blocked the kick that was meant for his right temple.

“Excellent,” his teacher smothered him. Ollic had a smile that was creepy, yet appropriate for the given moment, and he seemed to appreciate his ability to defend himself at such a basic level. Perhaps he was actually good at something for once in his life.

“The next block is very similar to the one you just did. The only difference between that and this one is that you swing it up from across your body,” he paused to show him a demonstration, “and use it to block the opposite side from an oncoming attack.”

Ollic heaved a sigh. This defensive strategy was slightly more challenging from a novice like himself, but he gave it a shot anyways, lifting his left arm up from his belt. He moved it from his stomach up to his left shoulder, all the while his knuckles facing the ceiling. Then, at the kast second, he threw it across his face so that the palm side of his fist was facing his nose.

“Faster,” commanded the instructor. And so Ollic did it faster, hesitantly slightly as he tried to remember exactly how he did it the first time.

A sudden fist came at him then, as Ollic desperately tried to reach his hand out in the block to try to stop it. He was only a mere hair too late as the punch connected with his jaw.

“Gah,” he groaned as he held his jaw with his hands. He wiggled it back and forth to make sure it hadn’t been broken. Man, was he really getting beat up today!

“Faster,” the man demanded again as he sent another attack to his student.
Ollic was more than ready this time as his eyes narrowed on the incoming target. He thrust his fist across his body and managed to block the attack in the nick of time. There were no more broken jaws today!

The figure nodded his head, and he knew that his teacher was most likely smiling at him with gratitude. Ollic was more than happy himself at his agility to stop such a fast moving obstacle. He nodded his own head right back at his instructor in means of acknowledgement.

“There are two more blocks that are necessary for you to learn,” the shadow spoke, describing how a ‘low block’ and a ‘high bridge block’ were the additions to the ones that he had already learned. The terminology of the ‘inside, outside block’ and the ‘outside, inside block’ were most confusing, but already testing them out seemed to give him a better idea of the difference.

“You will do as I do.”

And so Ollic did, bringing his right fist from his left shoulder down to in front of his thigh this time. He repeated as the master showed the movements of the technique once more.

Another round of kicks forced him to think fast as he pulled down the low block to deflect the foot of the instructors that was meant for his upper thigh.

“That was very good. You are getting better at speed and agility, my pupil.”

The high block seemed to trip up his excellent streak, however. His teacher had to show him how to do it many times, every other time both people growing frustrated. Ollic eventually understood that you needed to start at the left side of your waist line if you were to use your right hand and vice versa.

He took his hand, balled up into a tight fist for support, and started at his left hipbone. He then simply raised it up so that it was directly above his head.

The man dressed in all black came down upon his student’s head with a hammer blow, but Ollic was one step ahead of him as he presumed the high block, stopping the attack in its steps.

“Very well done, my pupil. You have now completed the techniques of all the basic defensive blocks. You should feel proud of yourself for achieving such tasks.”

He did, actually. His smile was as large as it could ever be as one corner of his lips were hooked to his ear, and the other hooked to the other ear. He felt good that he was able to do something in order to protect himself. It wasn’t just him he was protecting, either, but the ones he cared about and the ones he loved. Eshe…

“If you are ready, we can progress to simple attacks,” suggested the instructor.

Ollic nodded his head slowly. He was hesitant to try something more aggressive, more than he was respectful and calm about doing so. You cannot rush perfection, he had learned from someone.

“The basic punch,” he announced profoundly.

Ollic was a little confused. Everyone knew how to punch. Why would this person be teaching him how to punch if it was ‘the basic’, most common attack used. But once the instructor demonstrated how to punch, Ollic was in awe. The technique he used made his sleeve snap from the force.

“Your thumb must not be enclosed in your palm. You could break it that way as is the most common way fingers are broken in battle.”

He hadn’t known that before. He considered his options as he tried out the new move, starting from the belt portion of his abdomen, as taught near the beginning. He made sure that his thumb was resting right on top of his fingers, below the second knuckle. They weren’t supposed to be on top of the second knuckle, for you could easily break them that way as well. The palm side of his fist was facing up before he twisted it so that it was facing down as he snapped his own sleeves.

The power his attack held surprised him so. He had never known he was capable of such force and rage. This thought almost scared him. If he had one of his panic episodes, he didn’t know who he would be able to hurt, and he certainly didn’t want to lay an unwanted finger upon his best friend.

“You are surprise by your own ability?” the instructor questioned him.

“Yes,” Ollic replied. He was frightened of it even.

The man stayed silent as he observed his student. He must have been picking up on some bad energy that flowed out of Ollic, because he stepped back slightly.

“With great power comes great responsibility,” he told him, “as you have most likely heard before.”

Silence filled the air as Ollic thought over everything that had just happened. He had begun with the most common and frequently used stance. He then had progressed to the four most often used defensive blocks, and then he had leveled up to being able to punch the proper way.

The waves of peaceful silence were soon destroyed when the man asked his student about moving on.

Ollic nodded his head after a few more moments of personal solitary.

“Punches can be used in many different ways,” he said loudly, “but if one seeks out more power and better control, using the base of your body comes in handy wonderfully. I am speaking about kicking techniques. There are many kicks you can learn, but the ones we will learn today include the basic front-snap kick, the round-house kick and the back-kick.”

Ollic didn’t even know there were one of those kicks, yet four? Caught off-guard, he continued to watch the demonstrations he had become so accustomed to with such attentive desire. He was going to know everything he could about all he could during this basic class with this man whom was teaching him. He was going to try to pry into learning all he could about different exercises and motions so that he, too, could become a natural and defending himself and attacking those who hurt him or the ones he loved.

He exhibited the raising of the knee and the thrust of the foot, proving aloud that the ball of the foot must be used to connect with the target, not the toes. Going off of his last point, the toes are easily broken in inappropriate approaches like said.

Ollic willingly copied his master’s movements, as he started in the front stance as he had learnt. He brought his back leg up and balanced stably on his front leg. He then swiftly kicked out his back leg so that his knee nearly snapped in half, as the ball of his foot was exposed.

“Your power is acceptable, but your speed is not. Faster,” the teacher commanded. He was becoming easily short with his student, more from the thought of his advancement in the arts of martial arts than of his wrong-doing. You were always supposed to push the better students because they needed challenge. If they already knew everything, then they would be bored wouldn’t they?

“The next kick is very easy and personally, I find this one fun. If you have ever played any sort of sport in which you kick a ball with your foot, you know that there is an act of volleying the ball. This means that you kick the ball with the top of your foot in a swinging motion.”

He demonstrated with ease, adding a little yell for momentum. Why did he need to yell? Ollic thought. Did it give his opponent worry and fright? Was it just an additional “oomph”?

“Now you try. On me,” he said.

Ollic gulped. He was going to kick his own teacher? Would he hurt him with his power and end the session right then and there? Would the teacher deflect his attack and cause harm to Ollic instead? He breathed in a large cold breath of air before he concentrated.

One would never know until they tried.

Ollic Rimesage
A Problematic Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ollic Rimesage on September 5th, 2013, 11:15 pm

He had returned back to base- his stable front stance. He was still contemplating on whether or not he should actually go through with practising on his teacher. Wasn’t there some sort of training dummy to use, or a bag to lessen the impact from the attack?

“What are you waiting for? You must never wait or hesitate in times of need. You or your loved ones won’t be protective from over-thinking. You should always go with what your gut says. Sometimes to reach on a limb is better than to proceed into an endless time of thinking through equations and outcomes,” he spat.

He was right, Ollic thought. All my life had he been over-thinking and wondering what would happen if he did one thing or the other. That was probably why he was so boring and worrisome now. He had grown up being over-protective toward himself, usually the job a parents should do for their child.

For once in his life, he forcibly pushed back his analytical knowledge and pulled his free thoughts forward. Never before had he swapped the two out, so the idea of doing so gave Ollic an unsteady heart.

He had watched his master demonstrate the move briefly and now was excited and a little afraid to try it for himself, especially when it was up against his superior.

He started in his front stance and gently lifted up his back foot. Doing so, he pivoted on the foot that was still attached to the ground. Then, with the proper balance and technique squared away, he volleyed his foot towards his master’s face.

He simply grabbed onto Ollic’s ankle and twisted it, sending him falling to the floor, screaming in pain.

“You weren’t quick enough. Anyone could have deflected or dodged such a pathetic attack as that,” the teacher grumbled as he reached a hand down to his failing pupil.

Ollic was grabbed at his ankle, trying to figure out whether some of his bones had been fractured or whether or not his muscles had been strained or not. Nothing seemed to be abnormal, but the pain throbbed up his calf and into his hip bone.

“Pain will never be your weakness anymore, my friend,” the man soothed as he grabbed Ollic’s outstretched arm and hauled him up.

At that moment, it was clear that he was mentioning to Ollic’s still slightly bruised eye and cut up nose and lip.

He blushed slightly, wishing he would have purchased some cosmetics to conceal it before he had gone out. He had never known it would be so misleading, attracting so much attention as it was.

The figure seemed to ignore it as he told Ollic to try again.

Ollic resumed his front stance before he performed the proper position as before, lifting up his back foot, pivoting on his grounded leg and swinging his raised leg to the side of the instructor’s face.

It was blocked easily, but at least he wasn’t catapulted to the floor like last time.

“Fair,” the shadow man whispered, “But I will expect more out of you in the real world.”

Ollic nodded his head as he waited patiently for the next task at hand. What was he going to learn next? Were they going to get into the art of flips and tricks now? Were they going to break boards with their feet or put his newly learnt skills to the test with an actual person or a training dummy?

“It would be a good idea to teach you a few basic pressure points and dodges,” he stated, looking directly at Ollic as though he were trying to read his soul… or his mind.

“What do you mean?” Ollic asked with narrowed eyes, trying to give his master the same creepy feeling.

“I am talking about easier ways to take down an opponent,” he replied, walking around the room with his arms crossed behind his back. “It is fortunate to know your opponents weaknesses, is it not?”

“Yes, sir,” Ollic responded, clearing his throat for his previous immature actions.

“Now,” he spoke again, continuing on with the next exercise, “I want you to aim for the back of the knee. Here is a weak spoke that connects the upper leg with the rest of the leg.”

Ollic made a gentle attempt at kicking his instructor’s leg, his heel connecting with the inside of his knee. He fell down on his other knee from the weight his student had applied in that general area.

“It is a place of balance,” he continued to explain before he changed the subject to the neck. Taking his fingertip, he touched it to where the clavicle met the esophagus, the larynx resting slightly below. He wanted Ollic to attack there? That was one of the most sensitive positions and he knew from practise as a doctor.

“Master, applying pressure there could shut off your breathing,” Ollic interrupted, motioning to his teacher’s vulnerable neck.

He merely nodded his head as if understanding his pupil’s knowledge of that area before telling him, “Then you know that it is also another weakness the human body has during battle.”

“Yes.”

“Did you also know that the temples are a person’s vulnerability as well?”

“Yes.”

“Then let us move down the body to a different region,” he said, touching his index finger to his other hand, petting the webbing in between his ring finger and middle finger.

He swiftly moved over to Ollic, who studied the man’s movements with great fascination. He didn’t even realise what his teacher was doing until a sharp pain submerged from underneath his skin, running up his forearm.

“Ack,” Ollic cried out as a form of mercy.

Releasing at the first octave of Ollic’s cry, the man in black gestured for his student to try the technique on himself, his left hand held out to be taken control of as Ollic dutifully and without hesitation, took it and felt around the webbing until he applied the required pressure to see his master flinch and start to lower himself to the floor.

Ollic released from the frightening look on his friend’s face, and backed up to allow him a respectable amount of breathing room.

“Very well done, my friend,” the teacher’s voice struck the air like a match lighting on fire. The way it bounced off the walls startled Ollic, but didn’t faze his gaze on his master. He was determined and focused now more than ever and he wouldn’t let that calm feeling leave his body.

“I think you have learned enough for now.” The words not only broke the silence that had just recently filled the air, it also left a shattering feeling inside Ollic’s warming heart, now turned cold.

He was about to oppose of his teacher’s absurd suggestion, but held his tongue, knowing that he knew much better than Ollic did. But he wanted to learn more! He had just gotten into the mood and had learned and understood so much. All of the kicks and punches and blocks and pressure points were locked into his memory and he would practise them, waiting anxiously until a day that would need the use of them.

However, he had paid for a class that should last for a season, a class of which he would try to learn the most out of all he could, but did he want to make such an extreme commitment?

Ollic tended to love the people he knew, in a way that symbolized a child loving a toy and never wanting to get it scratched, broken or wet. He desired for affection and needed something else to control. It was hard to go through life having a fear of people and about what was next after death. The only people he could talk to where a mishappening of meeting, suddenly transforming into a conversation of similar likes and dislikes.

This was rare, however, and Ollic couldn’t help but want to be able to control his actions, defending those he cared about along with himself. He had proved to his teacher he was capable of learning and understanding such ideas, but he was stuck between the question of whether he wanted to continue with his classes or not.

He was so caught up in his thoughts, stuck deep inside of his mind that he hadn’t seen his instructor leave. Now he was all alone, the empty room and the uniquely painted walls were all to himself.

Ollic hated being by himself and not having anything to do. He needed to concentrate or be doing something in order to stop his mind from wandering. This was a similar aspect to drinking. He would always drink or overdose on things like Lazy Gel so that his anxiety and overwhelming thoughts and emotions would make him freeze up.

But now was a different time. He was all alone, but the silence and the darkness was a solitary feeling of tranquility. Like a soothing mother’s voice drifting into your ears after you have had a nice, warm bath and a tall glass of milk.

Ollic snapped his head up to gaze into the room once more and still couldn’t see the sight of the man who had trained him. He wished with all his might that he could say thank you to him, and give him the gratitude he deserved, but he wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

So, turning on his heel, Ollic walked over toward the stairs in terms to go back up when he spotted a table next to the wall. He walked over to it and looked down upon the wooden surface. He then dug out the money he owed for the classes he was going to take and set the kina on the table before he ran up the stairs and into the uninviting world.

Ollic Rimesage
A Problematic Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Elysium on October 1st, 2013, 9:15 pm

Ollic Rimesage

XP:
Unarmed +4
Rhetoric +2
Meditation +1
Body Building +2

Lore:
The Mysterious Teacher
Unarmed: Low Block
Unarmed: High Bridge Block
How to Throw a Punch
Unarmed: Front Snap Kick
Unarmed: Back Kick
Unarmed: Round-House Kick
Unarmed: Pressure Points

Notes: Ooh, very well done. This was an excellent training solo. Before long, Ollic will be a real tough customer. (Wow, that was cheesy.) If you have any questions, shoot me a message!

and so, the journey continues...
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)