Closed Keeping House

While making her new house a home, Tsaba meets someone new

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Keeping House

Postby Tsaba on September 26th, 2013, 9:11 pm

6th Fall, 513AV

Focused entirely on her paper, Tsaba carefully outlined the 'skeleton' of her glyph; a hollow, open-ended Y shape made of three angles, like the points of arrowheads. It was a simplistic core, but the rest of the glyph was anything but simple. She added directional components, letting instinct guide her hand as much as knowledge. She hated to rely on instinct, but it helped to imagine the body transfer ritual. It was a very similar task. Then, the inside components; a balance of lines and curves, some simple and broad, some small and delicate. Finally, she was done.

Would it work? She didn't know. Would it work well? Certainly not -- even she could feel that she had made several minor mistakes in the more delicate components. She hadn't practised the glyph much, so she took this as more of a sign that her ability to discern glyphs was improving than a sign of failure at drawing them.

She glanced over her latest page of carefully scribed trigger glyphs. It was a start. Time to take a break. She didn't need one, but she'd decided to try to maintain some human habits in Zeltiva, and had no reason to go back on that decision. She turned left to get up,, and once again realised her mistake as she found herself staring at the wall.

Tsaba sighed, turned right, and stood up. She still wasn't used to her house. She kept moving like she was in her old dorm room, and while she'd tried to set up the house similarly, they weren't exactly the same. She was going to have to get used to it, to make it hers, to build memories and traverse it as if it were a part of her.

Tsaba smiled. No reason why a break couldn't still be constructive.

x
Last edited by Tsaba on September 27th, 2013, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Abstract for the lovely boxcode!
Tsaba
Player

Words: 200581
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2013, 10:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Keeping House

Postby Tsaba on September 27th, 2013, 3:08 am

The first thing Tsaba did was dust everything. Her abode never became as dusty as most people's and she wasn't sure why. Something to do wth being undead? Didn't seem to make much sense. Nevertheless, she dusted every surface and swept the dirt from the floor. The few items on her desk were tucked away in the top drawer of her dresser with her notes. The few books she'd borrowed from the library were placed on her shelf -- she had no books of her own yet. The straw mattress was stowed under her bed, leaving a bare wooden pallet that she couldn't accidentally stain. The place was sparse, mostly bare; that didn't bother her. That was how she liked it.

Next, she took her shovel got to work removing the weeds that choked the path. A simple enough task, if a time-consuming one. The house may not feel like hers yet, but by the end of the day, it would at least be clean.

That was a good first step.

x
Tsaba
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Keeping House

Postby Ricky Maze on September 30th, 2013, 1:56 am

Ricky decided today that it was worth the risk to head out even amidst all the madness that plagued the city, the Denvali struggled to maintain their hold against Zeltiva in it's own effort to resist their grand Coup. The idea martial law brought demanded full on attention to his surroundings as the Guard pushed onward to avoid chances of being jumped, or worse dragged into a situation he couldn't get out of. Even the longsword he held onto for good measure wouldn't do well enough, not if he were to be surrounded by Denvali or their mercenaries in such an event. As the cool air of the season blanketed the city he felt chills in his wary mind as he peered all around, the area in the Old Quarter remained clear for now as the struggle continued elsewhere in the city.

"Petchin' shyke bags and their lil' uprisin' they're doin'." His thoughts were the curse in his breath as he struggled to maintain the bitterness within him, something inside that just recently budded from a seed of chaotic intent; yet the one who truly planted it was unknown. For all Ricky knew he was stressed out by this event, stressed and overly concerned about his home as well as his wife. His wife who'd been pregnant since Spring and up and til now remained safe at home with his family, but the stress of keeping everything together started to get Ricky which in turn could affect Telion and their unborn child. Truly it was a difficult situation to be in for Ricky, which made him all the more easy to anger.

As he continued on to where the building complex was for his place he took notice of a very short girl as she tried to dig into the ground around her yard with a shovel, thus he protective nature decided to kick in as he kept in mind the dangers that hung around the streets of Zeltiva. Someone like her shouldn't be outside when there could easily be a fight broken out in the middle of the Quarter. Thus Ricky decided to take the best course of action and see she wait till things cooled over before doing anymore yard work.
"Aye lassie," he called out to her as he approached,
"the last place ye oughtta be is outside right now. Don't ya know there's a fight goin' on f'r the city?" He wasn't very critical but his tone did show worry for the girl, the practical giant humbly made his approach to her with concern in his expression.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Keeping House

Postby Tsaba on September 30th, 2013, 3:14 am

Tsaba jumped at the voice behind her, aware that she'd once more failed her self-imposed task of keeping aware of her surroundings. She looked the stranger up and down, but he didn't seem to be threatening her. That was good. His words, however, were anything but good.

"Fighting?" she frowned. "Here? What kind of fighting?" She gripped the shovel in both hands as if intending to defend herself with it like a staff, although she had no idea how to use a staff. "What, like some kind of pub brawl?" She hadn't noticed much inclination to fight in the Zeltivans. It was possible that the newcomer was trying to deceive her in some way -- perhaps he intended to rob her? -- but most would come up with a more believable story.

x
Tsaba
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Keeping House

Postby Ricky Maze on October 2nd, 2013, 9:15 pm

"Aye!" He nodded urgently. "Not 'ere as in now, but 'ere as in the city! Denvali 'ave taken arms t' claim Zeltiva f'r themselves and the city ain't lettin' it happen, so a fight 's as likely t' break out 'ere just as any where else! " He warned her with a furrow in his brow, curious as to how she could seem s docile at a time such as now. She seemed to be the more quiet type but with the way she handled the shovel there could be danger, she may just as well felt threatened after hearing about all of this Coup the Denvali staged. "Ye want a brawl ye can go t' the Kelp Bar f'r that lass, this be some s'rious shyke we're livin' with." He remarked upon the comment of a pub brawl, puzzled at how little this girl actually knew of current events.

"What's up with 'er? Has she not seen nor heard the violence outside?" As he looked at the little blondie he noticed around her green eyes there was pigments of black, as though she were deprived of sleep for a while now. "Hold on..." He knew another that held the same complexion, as any other of this particular race would, around the area of eyes. Particularly under but it was all the same nonetheless, however Ricky couldn't quite yet guess if she too were like Ignotus. That would come in a matter of chimes, for now though he had to focus on getting her inside.

"Listen it's great that ya want t' work 'round the place, but now pro'lly ain't the best o' times." He pointed out with a hand stroke through his hair slightly nervous, now aware of the fact he totally approached this girl as a total stranger. "Has she even lived 'ere f'r long?" He wondered about that for a moment, as he hardly recalled seeing her. In fact he pretty much never seen her here before, which could only mean several things if Ricky were to assume correctly. Alas he didn't take a guess at it as he only waited, with blue eyes down to this mystery girl as they avoided eye contact with her.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Keeping House

Postby Tsaba on October 3rd, 2013, 1:26 pm

"The Denvali?" Tsaba echoed blankly. "Why? What do they want?" After a moment's thought, she clarified the question. "I mean, why do they want the city?" She swept her gaze over the stranger once more, realising with a slight chill that he was one of the few people she'd actually seen carrying a sword around with him. Either he was up to no good, or he really was expecting trouble. She made a snap decision. "You can come in if you want," she said, not letting go of the shovel. "I'm afraid I don't have anything to offer you, though. I don't keep anything of value in the house, including food or alcohol." A happy coincidence, that. It helped to not be worth robbing. She didn't let go of her shovel. She hadn't missed the way he'd studied her eyes, either. Everyone did. And afterward, people either asked after her health, or they already knew what a Nuit looked like. He was silent, so he must know. That would save them a fair amount of explanation. The stranger looked human, to her eyes, although she was hardly a scholar on the races of Mizahar. It wasn't really important, anyway.

"I'm Tsaba, by the way," she added. "I've only lived in Zeltiva for a season or so, and I don't hang out on the streets much, so..." she shrugged. "And you, helpful stranger? You seem to know your way about."

x
Tsaba
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Keeping House

Postby Ricky Maze on October 10th, 2013, 9:54 pm

His answer was only met with a blank stare as the girl seemed only lost, more so confused as to why the Denvali would do such a thing really. She clarified her meaning to better make sense of course and Ricky hardly waited to provide an answer. "Damned if I know lassie, they just intend to take Zeltiva as their own." He stated to her with a bit of urgency in his tone, it was clear that he more so worried for her safety than anything else. However when she stated he could come in but would find nothing of value for survival, he quickly took a different turn with a step back from the girl. Clearly a little insulted that she would assume he would do such a thing, Ricky snapped back at her in defense without thinking first hand. "What the petch makes ya think I want any damned thing ye 'ave woman!

He clearly blew things out of proportion with this kind of reaction, even with a flushed face and quick temper as of late he could see he over reacted a little. Thus he was quick to apologize as he tried to keep himself calm. "Gah, sorry." He scratched at the back of his head with a sincere look, still slightly flushed in the face as he kept taking deep breaths. "T' answer yer question, I've lived in Zeltiva practically all me life. I know me way 'round here like it's nothing really... and ye can call me Ricky." He finished with his hands in his pockets as he peered around to see if anybody else might've seen, of course there was nobody but him and her in this place since the Coup was going on.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Keeping House

Postby Zandelia on March 30th, 2014, 2:40 am

Ricky :
Skills
Observation – 1
Rhetoric - 1

Lores
Martial Law Is Cagey
The Uprising: Why?
A Robber? ME?!

Tsaba :
Please update your Ledger with the relevant Living Expenses for seasons and I can hand out your grade.

Notes :
Again, shame this didn’t get much farther. I gave what I could and as always Ricky is great.

Any questions about my grade? Feel free to PM at any time. Keep Writing!
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)