Flashback [Fish Market] A tisket a tasket, a serval in a basket?

(Ricky) Their annual trip to Zeltiva has given Issy time to browse the refuse of the fish market

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Fish Market] A tisket a tasket, a serval in a basket?

Postby Isedan Autumnrun on October 10th, 2013, 9:39 pm

Timestamp: Spring 70, 509

Oh the smells, they were heavenly! All the fish she could eat, all she must do is wait for him to get them!

Their annual trip to Zeltiva afforded the pair time to kill as they restocked on a few things and spent some leisure in the city better known for its education rather than its hunting. Still, Lukyc and Issy had come each year since the young kelvic had joined with him almost two years ago now, the bond between them well established though she had yet to begin mirroring him.

Presently, Lukyc was browsing one of the fresh catches in one of the stands and Issy was let to relax and do what she wished. For her own safety, however, the man had put a loose red collar around her neck, big enough that it could easily be slipped on and off and would not harm her should she shift back to a human form. As much as she enjoyed the furless body for its ability to speak with the men and women they interacted with, the serval much preferred her animal form for the tactile sensations that set her nerves alight in excitement. Her hearing alone was vastly superior in this state and she could enjoy the smells much more this way.

Sitting at her bondmates feet, her tail curled around his ankle a little, Issy let her eyes half-close as she listened to the world, massive ears twisting and flicking with the sounds while a content purr rumbled through her throat. Briefly, Lukyc's hand fell to stroke across her brow and she looked up at him, gruu'ing happily in return and folding her ears back a little as she rubbed into his palm. He scritched at those big points and then withdrew to resume his business.

That was when something caught her attention in the stalls. A fish had been knocked from the crate it had been in and the stall manager had yet to notice it! Her ears perked high and without a sense passed across the bond, she rose to her feet and slipped through the legs of the market-folk, mewling every so often to make them aware of the tall cats presence beneath them.

The man in the stall the fish had come from was still addressing a customer, Issy's eyes flicking to him and then the fish. Her stomach rumbled hungrily but the right thing to do would be to pick the fish up and put it back. That much, Lukyc had taught her. She chirped to the stall owner and looked at the fish and then at him. But he was not paying attention! Blasted, she would have to do this on her own.

Sliding past the woman he spoke to and briefly rubbing against their leg as she did, the serval bent to the dropped meal and grabbed it firmly in teeth, and straightened. When she turned, however, ready to rise onto haunches and balance against the stall to return it to the crate she had seen it fall from, the kelvic came face to face...with a dog!
Isedan Autumnrun
Player

Words: 97951
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2013, 2:59 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on October 15th, 2013, 6:11 am

Thunk! Telion's hands hit the top of the stall hard in frustration with the catch Ricky brought, the amount of fish he had to provide for her stall? Little... How much could she profit from it? Little... It was a troublesome situation Ricky hardly found himself in, but when it occurred he would merely take anything she had to dish out. "What's the deal?!" She cried out as he rubbed the hair on the back of his head.

"I worked 'ard f'r this catch Tel, 'onestly the fish ain't bitin' much lately." He quirked with eyes evading Telion's as Odis caught sight of a rarity in this city. A cat just about his size appeared from the crowds with curiosity bigger than his own, eyes locked on a particular item that had fallen from it's inventory.

"Is that all?" His eyes shifted back to her at the question, "Because I know you're still dealing with Natalie, and I know for a fact-"

"Natalie ain't got nothin' t' do with it!" He came off in a very defensive tone, the touchy subject something he'd rather avoid right now considering what he's dealt with. It was then a noise caught his attention, sounds of his companion filled the air as he looked to see what stirred such a reaction.

"Rrr Rark, rark rark!" A sign of something potentially dangerous or life threatening, judging by the sound of Odis' tone of bark, had arrived and when the eyes of the two followed the origin of the sound, they saw right next to Ricky a very large cat with big beady eyes.

"What the petch?!" The initial reaction that followed was for Ricky to back away just a few feet, to give a bit of space between him and this mammal that approached Telion's stall. What he had yet to notice was that this animal had a color around it, and the possibilities that this was Kelvic slipped his mind rather quickly in the long run as well.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Isedan Autumnrun on October 15th, 2013, 5:46 pm

Issy stood frozen in front of the dog, her ears folding back against her head and the fur along her spine standing on end. Even her tail had fluffed as the dog growled and barked at her, the fish dangling from her mouth. Her parents had never had dogs when they worked the fields near Syliras, at least not that she could recall so the sight of one, and Lukyc's warning, made her uneasy. Every other dog she'd seen tended to chase and harass felines, so it was natural for her to feel disheveled!

Growling back out of reflex, the serval took a step back from the yapping hound, grey-gold eyes twitching up to the human who had cursed and the stall-keep he had been addressing.

Oh no, this is not good, not good at all. Lukyc! While her bondmate and she could not hear each others thoughts, the intensity of the emotion across the Bond brought the hunter away from the one he'd been interacting with, his head craning over the throng in search of the blonde and spotted cat. His voice called out as well, "Isedan?"

Issy's ears perked at his call and she wanted to turn and run but the stand off between dog and serval was too intense and she feared that though she had the agility to escape, this wolf-wannabe might still catch her. Issy hissed again, her mouth slick from the fish and saliva, then slowly turned towards the stall. Perhaps the dog was a guard and thought she was going to eat the fish?

That must be it.

Every nerve on fire, the feline sat and then balanced back on her hind legs, placing a single paw on the edge of the crate and slowly laying the fish back upon it. See? I'm putting it back. Oh, Lukyc, hurry!

"Isedan? Where'd you get off to?
The sandy blonde man that was working his way through the crowd had all the look of a Syliran without any of the city-dweller etiquette. He was a man of the wilds through and through, distinguished especially by the crossbow on his back and bolt-quiver at his hip. He had had to hurry to finish his business with the Zeltivan before going to find her. He could sense, vaguely, she was still in the market, the bond between them deep enough to provide such impressions, but not yet established enough to give more specifics.

x
x
Isedan Autumnrun
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on October 29th, 2013, 2:04 am

It surprised them both to see a larger form of a feline right next to the stall, even more so with the fish it had within it's mouth as it watched both them and Odis so precariously while the mutt remained on guard. His notoriety on another present mammal had been astonishing enough but to find that a literal predator stood next them sent Ricky into a protective state as well. Henceforth master protects friend while dog protects master, the idea of a chain reaction well took place in this small event that occurred. Yet it wasn't chaotic as most would believe, Ricky simply stood closer to the stall defensively with Telion's safety, and Odis drew closer to his master with silent eyes locked on the feline. They all didn't dare challenge the animal as it stood on it's hindlegs, only confusion seemed clear as it placed the food it had taken back onto the crate.

Did it know the fish belong there? Did it regret stealing the fish? Did it even take the fish to begin with? These were wonders that flooded Ricky's mind as well as the questions on whether this feline was an absolute threat, however Telion's reaction to the overgrown kitty cat brought a different wonder to mind. "Ohhh look! What a sweetheart thing to do, looks like the fish fell and the cat picked it up." She claimed with a clap of her hands, her eyes practically lit up with interest in the animal before them.

"Whoa whoa," Ricky cut in, "that's no mere cat Tel. That can maul ya int' pieces in chimes if ye ain't careful." He warned with caution still in mind, Odis agreed with a very low growl as a warning of his own. Telion of course scoffed and grabbed the fish that was returned, and placed it down on the ground as an offering for the feline.

"Grow up boys, first thing you should look at is the collar." She pointed out. "Meaning someone owns this animal and that it's trained, and clearly knows well enough to return things to their proper place." She added with a smirk to Ricky and Odis as she offered a hand to pet the large cat, both man and dog showed worry for Telion but seemed relaxed enough to give Isedan a chance.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Isedan Autumnrun on November 4th, 2013, 9:35 pm

Issy peered up at the stall attendant, ears thrust forwards in concentration on the woman. She thought she was a sweetheart? All she was doing was returning what had been lost. However, it was the man and his dog that bothered her more; he insisted that she was dangerous and could kill them in a heartbeat!

Really? Issy didn't have the jaw size to bite into a human neck, though she could inflict some nasty wounds nonetheless. Besides, it was bad form to go mauling people for no reason in city limits. To him, she hissed, her tail bushing out comically as she sat back on the ground. The servals grey-gold leer went past them then to where a figure was making his way through the throng, thus making her miss seeing the woman place the fish on the ground in offering.

So when the creature turned back to find the fish on the ground again, well, the only thing for it was to pick it up once more and place it back on the baskets, a low and friendly mewl given. She even placed her face into the hand that had been offered and rubbed affectionately at it, noisy purrs immenating from her throat.

Silly humans. I should clear this up for Lukyc before he finds me. The sense of 'danger' that had ran through her system had now begun to fade and Lukyc's haste through the crowd faded with it. Issy hopped back off the crate, now, and stood before the two humans and canine, gave her form a shake, and then simply dissolved before their eyes in a bright flash of light and color. One instant the slender, sleek form of a savannah cat had stood there; the next, a woman with short brown and blonde hair and the same gold and grey eyes staring at the three of them. She was stark naked, though, unabashed as she turned her attention to Telion.

"Your fish fell off the crate, miss. I didn't wanna take. Wouldn't have been right. And mister-" her head turned to the male this time. "I would like it if your dog did not bite me. I'm not going to bite him."

x
x
Isedan Autumnrun
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on November 11th, 2013, 7:46 pm

With the pur of affection to Telion's hand and the hiss to Ricky's words of caution, it became all the more clear that this was an intelligent cat all right. "Things probably a pet 'r somethin' o' the sort." Odis still held a protective posture within his frame as he watched the feline carefully, until the flash of light just so happen to appear and throw them off. Then somehow right before them stood in place of the savannah cat stood a broad nude woman, with a right off hand request that Odis avoided biting her.

"Harnnh?!" Odis drew back in surprised while both faces of the humans dropped, Ricky immediately flushed red in a blush as his eyes fell to the area's of her body that should be covered.

"Oh my Goddess, she's Kelvic!" Telion covered her eyes slightly embarassed, while Ricky however couldn't help but stare. She was just there... naked before his very eyes. What may have turned a unique situation into a stranger than strange one practically made him forget what decency was, thus the idea to avert his eyes flew over his head with no intent of notice.

"Sure, yeah. Odis ain't gonna touch ya." The dog merely cocked his head out of curiosity, the wonder at how a woman stood nude present on his vacant mug. "Ye uh, got any clothes ya might wanna wear?" Ricky finally suggested as he pulled his eyes away to Telion, who still covered her eyes with evident embarrassment to the whole deal.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Isedan Autumnrun on November 11th, 2013, 8:43 pm

"Yes ma'am, I'm a Kelvic; and I'm glad to know your dog's not going to bite. He doesn't need to lose some whiskers for being too-" She waved at the hound with one hand and then crossed her arms casually under her breasts. She was young, sixteen or seventeen by the looks of it, her wild eyes twitching away to movement behind Ricky.

The collar that had fit too loose around her neck before was now a snug choker made of some kind of red material that would not chafe but still held its form. This, Issy would scratch at. "Should've taken it off before hand...stupid thing itches so much." She sighed, her eyes still following the approach of another only to snap back to Ricky and the question of whether she had some clothes or something. "Huh? Why would I carry clothes?" It was a genuine question and not a mark of sarcasm. "Lukyc carries all of that." She grinned then, the sight one of confidence and youth as a man of dark hair and earthen eyes stepped to the stall. He spoke apologetically as he fished inside the rucksack hanging at his hip.

"Issy, what've I told you about shifting in the city like that?"

"What? I thought the dog was going to hurt me! Wasn't that the point of the collar?"

"No, dear, it's so I can spot you in a crowd...not that you're easy to pick out as a cat." He pulled from the sack a simple blouse and tossed the white cotton garment to her, standing in front of her with his back to the kelvic and eyes on the young man in front of him.

"Well, I thought it was something else. Why do I have to wear clothes, though? They're so inribitting."

"Inhibiting, dear, and you wear them to keep lewd thoughts out of little boys heads. I would hate to have to knock heads around because they cannot keep their thoughts to themselves." The underlying warning there before Issy was stepping around him and grinning at the human.

"Well I still hate them..."

"Then don't Shift when we're out in public; you'll save everyone the awkwardness of it all."

"Fiiinnnee." She said at last then thrust her hand past Lukyc to Ricky. "I'm Isedan. I hope I didn't upset the two of you too much." She meant him and Telion, of course.

x
x
Isedan Autumnrun
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on December 2nd, 2013, 5:34 am

With the way she was so casual about her free nudity it was tough for Ricky, nor any man for that matter, NOT to look away from such a form in fine shape. Ricky being a single man who hadn't spent much time dealing with relations or affections due to his past ones, nor dis he pay mind to women's looks for that matter, looking away from such a thing was tough to do indeed; trying not to admire it was even tougher of course. "Goddess Ricky, stop staring already!" Telion went on with her back turned to the girl, a scowl on her face when he glanced to her and back to the Kelvic. With the way she'd shown her assests so freely though Ricky found Telion's words difficult to obey.

"Gods be damned if she ain't georgous..." He silently admitted with a harsh bite on his lower lip, he furrowed his brow in deeper thought as she scratched at the collar. Thoughts he found ill were kept out of his mind but to him she was a tempation, temptation he'd rather not get involved with at all. "No clothes then? Bugger..." He murmured with arms crossed as he watched her further, until at last another happened to approach them. Her master no doubt. After an interesting conversation unfolded between the two and the naked girl had been hidden behind the man, sighs of relief came from both Ricky and Telion as they could ease back into their usual routine. Telion had turned to face the two as Ricky proceeded with the Kelvic and her handshake.

"I'm Ricky, and this is me good friend Telion." He introduced her with a humble smile, as she then followed along with the formalities.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance miss Isedan, and your's too Mr?" She trailed off with a bit of questioning at the end, aware that her master had yet been introduced.

OOCSorry this came so.late, I've gotten everything about caughr up though so my posts will come more frequently now!
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Vanari on February 26th, 2014, 11:25 pm

Ricky Maze
Rhetoric +1 XP
Interrogation +1 XP

Lores :
  • A Strange Encounter With a Pet Feline
  • Isedan: Kelvic and Not Afraid of Nudity

Notes :
An interesting way to meet a Kelvic :P

Please don't hesitate to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns! Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as "graded."

Cheers :D

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)