Cheva

Goddess of Love, Marriage, Passion, and Vows.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Cheva

Postby Gossamer on January 2nd, 2013, 4:31 am

Cheva

ImageCheva is considered the Goddess of Love, passion, vows and marriage. Probably one of the most famous Goddesses throughout Mizahar, she's the one that is responsible for everyone knowing when a couple makes a vow to be true to only each other and join together to become one. Her famous Cheva Marks are a sign of marriage universally throughout all cultures and all races. She is equally responsible for the Lacun mark as well - the shadowy remains of an old Cheva mark over ones heart when a spouse has died or been divorced. Because of this fact, Cheva is famous and highly thought of throughout Mizahar. She is open to all sorts of relationships as well, approving of more than pairs but of trios and quartets as seen in the Drykas Culture. She does not consider gender important nor does she consider age into the equation. However, Cheva marks will not appear on someone who is unwilling or coerced. Love and true devotion must be present for the marks to manifest.

Now Cheva herself is a very personable approachable Goddess. She seems to manage to get to a great deal of weddings to mark the individuals. In fact, she must be present for marks to happen. Seen or unseen, it is simply her choice. In terms of appearance, Cheva resembles a very simple beauty with long brown hair and a soft warm smile. She often manifests to those suffering pain in the name of love and will converse with them giving comfort where and when she is able. Although she has a somewhat busy life for a Goddess, Cheva considers herself a servant of the people on par with Rak'keli or Sylir. She considers Rhaus her companion and when they both attend marriage ceremonies, often dragging Sivah along, the level of sophistication and importance increases dramatically.

Cheva's gnosis allows the mark bearer to see the connections between various people that are infused with love. These connections could be between parents and children, friends, lovers, even acquaintances. Cheva's influence, when a mark is tapped and in use, reveals an entirely unseen world to the people who bear her marks and gives them greater understanding on interpersonal relationships throughout the world.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Cheva

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on August 18th, 2013, 8:01 pm

25th of Summer 513 AV
Ethan picked up the spilt wood by the hearth and placed it in the fireplace, he knelt next to the table in which four worn wooden figurines no bigger than his thumb stood. Ethan picked up a figurine with long hair and flowers about her feet. The symbol of Cheva’s rose was carved upon the pedestal and as Ethan enclosed his hands upon the figurine in a lose embraced. The head of the figurine was above Ethan’s enclosed hands and he brought the worn face to his forehead in a position of piety Ethan felt the emotions within come to the front of his mind. “Cheva… Goddess of Love, every day I feel alone, filled with the want to have someone in my arms. Filled with the desire to know that person is in loved with me and me with her. At times my hands fill so lonely without her hand to hold. I do not know her name, or her face. All I can tell you is that I yearn for her daily, that I look upon my room and only see what it is missing. At times I have fallen to this loneness and sought the embrace of women. I do not feel that I have betrayed her by doing so, I also only showed the women I have been with kindness and joy. I pray to you not to ask for greatness or the face of the woman I am to love, for that is not my path. I pray to have the strength to get up and face the people who are in love and be happy for them. Cheva, I pray that their happiness strengthens the world. Please know that my own desires for love were spoken to leave the poison of loneliness in the air, and for it to be replaced with hope that I find her. Praise be to the Cheva.” Ethan kept the figurine to his forehead, while the feeling of loneliness fled him, it wasn’t replaced by new found strength, but calm came over him as his emotions were purged. He kissed the face of the figurine of Cheva and placed her on the table.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Words: 367863
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Cheva

Postby Ricky Maze on October 15th, 2013, 11:42 pm

Together We Stand
Summer 75th 513 AV, 18th Bell

Note for ModSorry this is late, this was meant to be posted before season change.

"By the Gods." Ricky could help but watch as Telion strode forward in her dress, with the colors of white she practically glowed within the sunlight while her curves were well complimented. It was a snug fit that showed well enough that she could be pregnant, yet a beautiful sight for Ricky to behold as he took it in with awe. He wasn't nervous at all. Now that he thought about it maybe there was a bit of anxiety before now, but when his eyes fell upon her everything seemed to change just then. The world seemed to stop as nothing else mattered, everything that went on around him seemed less important than that one moment he stood watching as she approached him. He could only smile as they came face to face, deep stares into each others eyes as he remembered to breath once more. When she stood before him with that smile he couldn't help but love, he too smiled big before her with the sharing of three quiet words; "I love you."

The voiceless words were returned with the same mouthing from her as her expression brightened further. The others were silently proud to watch as these two faced one another, Gale found himself in wonder as he contemplated on the thoughts that occurred. The artist found Telion beautiful as well even if she weren't in an official brides dress, and took notice to the excitement present in Ricky's expression as the couple took hands. Their vows came next as Telion spoke first to break the ice. "Ricky Maze. Since the day we met I've always wondered what it would be like to be with you, that if we ever were together then would be be as great as I'd imagine or as bad as I feared." Her smile grew to a sincere one as she continued. "It's been almost a season now since we've been together, and even if we've lived through a pirate attack it's still been the most amazing thing that's ever happened. Better than any imagination I could ever have." She giggled along with a chuckle from Ricky. "So I Telion Gullwin vow to take the name of Maze with pride and love, to cherish every moment with you and support you in this shared life. I promise to be strong and to take care of you and our child in the time we share together."

"Wow," He took a moment before he went into his vows, "just wow." After a moment of laughter followed he took in a deep breath to follow through with his vow. "I Ricky Maze vow t' love you ev'ryday and t' keep you and our child safe fr'm any dangers o' the world, so long as ye 're there t' hold me up I will always be the shield that protects ya. Every wakin' moment o' our lives will be cherished and every spare thought will always belong t' you, and I promise t' work hard t' provide f'r our family and see t' it our child or children will live normal lives.'" He promised with a nod as he brought up the gold coin, Telion did the same with her coin as she waited on him to give the word. "T' our future."

"To our future." She repeated as they both tossed their coins together into the fountain, their wishes made one as they both kissed one another.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)