Completed Shielding Practice

Ricky takes the morning to practice shielding, rather curiously about it too.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Shielding Practice

Postby Ricky Maze on August 30th, 2013, 6:59 pm

Shielding Practice
Summer 41st 513 AV, 8th Bell

She stirred. Ricky looked over his shoulder to see Telion turned over to get comfortable once more, however she would likely wake up soon. Ricky usually stayed in bed until a little bit later but today he wanted to get a bit of practice in, practice in something he felt would later on bring good fortune his way should trouble once again rear its ugly head. As he looked at the door and thought long and hard about it, he finally decided why not give his idea a shot. "These shields gotta be useful f'r somethin' am I right?" Of course he was. No need to question himself about it, when it was clearly obvious as to why they were called shields. As he stood before the door way in nothing but his trousers, Ricky brought up his hands and tapped into the reserves of his inner being. The energy and willpower he felt churn when he wanted to protect everything that ever mattered, the feelings that spurned and helped mold his first shield over Telion's abdomen, all of it was part of his ability to create and weave these said barriers of magic. He knew very little of Djed, only that with it the impossible was possible. Fire balls, water spheres, earthen molds, and several other things he's encountered proven this true, even he himself can create water out of Res after his "initiation" he took. Shielding however, as he learned the term to be, was another foreign magic to him, and he wanted to understand it more with each use.

As he pulled into his reserves he took deep breathes to find a state of calm he needed, as with this discipline he felt no need to fear what consequences may follow. He learned the first time that shielding merely takes energy, and when energy is no longer useable then no more shields could be produced. Surely if that was the only known side effect of such a magic, the he could by all means practice away and feel safe doing so. "Easy. Relax. Calm." He took deep breaths and cleared his mind, purged out all unneeded thoughts as he focused solely on the task before him. "Peace. Serenity. Security." As he opened his eyed and looked to the door, he willed for the flow of his Djed through his arms. Then with one final word to provide clarification, he began to start his work on the doorway. "Sanctuary." The word filled his being in a soothing manner, and with it his hands started to shimmer before him. A sheen of royal blue rippled onto the door and slowly weaved its way along its frame, from the center it spreaded outward like the flow of water. He continued to weave this sheen of light until finally the whole doorframe was covered with a glowing royal blue shield, that soon dimmed thereafter it solidified before him. It was a thin shield at that, practically thin as parchment laid flat on a desk.

"Right." Ricky huffed a bit, air finally flowed through his lungs as he looked at the shield. "Now what do ya keep out?" Now that was a question he wished he knew, he did after all mold this for a particular reason. Yet he only figured it to keep out danger if it could, but was that even at all possible? Ricky sighed as he looked at the chest of his belongings at the foot of a bed, a quick glance to Telion as she turned over once more. "She'll be wakin' up soon..." He wondered what else he could create a shield over, before she woke up anyway. He figured why not try the chest and see if he could mold a shield over its frame, then from there experiment with other objects until Telion was awake.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Shielding Practice

Postby Ricky Maze on August 30th, 2013, 8:04 pm

"C'mooon Rick." He sighed as he tried to focus. Sure enough he could weave shields but the effort to continue trying was difficult, he found distractions almost rather easily by thoughts or noise, and his mind still needed to focus if he were to tap into the same energy he felt before. "Okay. Relax." He took a seat on the wooden chair in front of the footlocker, fingers fidgeted against one another as he looked at the shape of the locker. "Its a box mate, a petchin' box." He sighed once more, his fidgets merely a distraction to his focus. "All. Try again now." He brought his right hand out to hover over the box, and mentally pushed for the willpower to create the shield from earlier. As he sat there eyed closed he willed and willed but nothing came forward, and he finally released the intake of air he held in a sigh as he looked away in disappointment.

"Why the petch is it hard? I did it a moment ago." He looked over at the doorway, the faint royal blue sheen still vaguely visible to him. He thought about how he molded the shield with the same effort from before, and then looked back to the chest. "Gotta calm yer mind. Otherwise gettin' antsy f'r it t' happen won't allow it..." He took a deep breath and allowed a slow and steady exhale, and thought on the words from before. "Easy... Relax.... Calm...." He thought only on those words and not just their meaning, but the feeling they provided when he pondered on them. "Peace... Serenity... Security..." Fenvur had moved from his spot next to Telion, and made his way to the end of the bed. With a big silent yawn the kitten shook his head to further awaken, and then he curiously watched his master with intrigued eyes.

"I am calm." He pushed out all other thoughts as he did before, his focus on the clear head he needed to pull this off. "I am peaceful." He allowed his entire being to feel at ease, safe and no longer troubled with the world. This was a safe place where none would see him, this was an area he could feel at home without the worry of prying eyes. "This is my sanctuary." The word filled his insides and he felt that same sense of peace one more, focus purely upon the chest that rested before him. Everything else was no longer in the picture, for in his mind all he saw was that chest only. Ricky then brought his right hand over the chest, and pulled into the recesses of his Djed to create that same flow as before. Sure enough a royal blue shimmer rippled out and onto the surface of the chest, and from there he started to weave another shield with pure mental focus. The royal blue sheen slowly flowed and stretched as he sluggishly hovered his hand over the chest, from one side to the other, as the fabric of his shield seem to slowly flow over the surface and weave together.

He took much longer with this one, as the doorway took quite a bit of time since he aimed to cover just the frame. The chest had more to cover, so it was only natural that he would find it more difficult. Finally after a bit of a headache started to come on Ricky managed to fully cover the top, front, sides, and back of the chest with a thin royal blue sheen. When he finished its shimmer faded to that of a faint glow as it remained where it was. He panted slowly after the exertion, already tired and the day had barely even started. He was also hungry as always, practically felt like he was starving now of course. Telion stirred once again, and Ricky looked up to see that she stretched but remained in bed. She was nearly awake by now, probably bound to wake up in maybe half a bell or so.

Ricky honestly didn't know how much time had passed, but from the light of the sun that shone in the window he had guessed it was around the time he and Tel usually got up. "Petch." He ran a hand through his hair and sighed, a look to Fenvur as the kitten only continued to watch him. "What?" He whispered with a smirk as he felt his stomach grumble, then the idea to try once more finally hit him. This time on an object that wasn't so big like the chest. "I wonder..." His brow furrowed as he looked at Fenvur, then he shook his head after a second to consider. "Not a good idea." He looked around the room, interested in trying once more. Though he may be pushing his limit he wanted to know just how far this limit was, and he found the subject of his next test.

"Aha." His eyes fell upon the large round shield with the symbol of the Wave Guard on its surface, already rather confident that he could weave another shield over the metals surface. He still wondered what all his shields could block, if they worked like actual crafted shields anyway. He walked lightly over to the shield to avoid making any noises, and when he reached it he crouched before it with curious eyes on the round shield.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Shielding Practice

Postby Ricky Maze on August 31st, 2013, 6:29 pm

"Kayo, just one more time." He mentally encouraged as he perched before his shield, he closed his eyes and focused once more on finding that sense of peace in order to create these shields. He figured so long as he felt at ease well enough to concentrate then by all means making shields couldn't be all too hard. Then again he knew very little about these shields, little enough to where he should probably see someone who does know about them well enough. "I'm calm. I know no one can see me." He wasn't alone but he wasn't with any company either, in fact Telion knew that he could create these shields and that even eased his mind more. "I'm at peace. Nothin' in this room can hurt me." Safe. Secluded. These were the feelings that welled inside him, that made him able to further concentrate as he tapped into the reserves of his Djed. "I'm secure. No one can touch me... save f'r Fenvur." His brow furrowed as he felt a vibrating fuzzy object rub up to his ankle, the kitten purred with curiosity as he watched closely at what Ricky was doing.

"Damn it Ricky! Focus! Ok, I'm secure." Nothing could intrude in on him, his secrets would remain as they are; secret. "I'm in me sanctuary." A place of safety in a troubled world, a shelter of fortitude against all his burdens. His being then felt lifted once more as the sense of peace came to him, his eyes slowlt opened once more as his mind centered only on the shield. He still felt the headache throb in the central reaches of his skull, but he felt determined to try and weave one last shield before he started his day. Ricky brought his hand over the center of the Wave Guard shield, and then pulled out the flow of Djed in his arm to weave it into the fabric of reality. With another shimmer to ripple onto the surface, the sheen of royal blue seemed to take its liquid form as it flowed onto the shield. Ricky took short breaths as he gradually moved his hand outward, in a slow clockwise motion to cover the surface of his shield as the sheen slowly flowed over like water.

His headache continued to worsen as he covered the outer reaches of the metal surface, his Wave Guard shield nearly covered by a sheen of royal blue as he worked on it without end. His concentration was put to the test now as he kept up the struggle to mainly focus on the shield, his head practically throbbed as he continued to weave Djed on the surface. Finally he managed to cover almost close to the edge as he kept up his work, however his work was only cut short as the shimmer seemed to die out. Ricky focused as hard as he could to try and finish but his head was no longer in it, thus he gave up with quiet pants and a very painful headache. The sheen of royal blue then dulled to a ever faint glow before him as he sat there, headache painful to where his skull felt split open as he examined his shield. Another thin layer just like the other two, this one still incomplete though as the edges of the Wave Guard shield remained untouched. "Damn... So close too." He guessed three was the limit to the amount of shields he could create, though that likely depended on the size of the objects. Not just the size but the shape as well, considering he took longest with his chest.

"What are you doing?" Telion asked and Ricky about jumped out of his skin. He turned to face her as she still laid in bed with curious eyes on him.

"Mornin' beautiful." He quirked with a smile as he scooped up Fenvur in one hand, and then went over to sit on the bed next to Telion. "I did a bit of a experiment with them shields I can make." He explained after she chuckled, a lazy stretch came before she leaned up.

"Did you?" She looked over to the shield and her eyebrows furrowed a bit, with a look to Ricky right after. "I don't see it." She finally pointed out with a curious look on her face.

"What?" He chuckled with a puzzled look to her. "It's there. I made one over the shield, the chest, and the door too." He pointed to each of the three as he could still see a faint sheen on them all, the royal blue dulled from the occurant transparency. "I just finished what I could o' the third b'fore ya woke. Now I'm hungrier than a shyke and got a headache t' boot." He pointed out as she looked at each of the three, eyes squinted a bit as though she were focusing.

Finally she just shook her head nd looked to Ricky. "I can't see them. We should probably get dressed so we can go eat." She yawned with a gentle smile on her face. Ricky still looked rather puzzled, but covered it with a hearty grin of his own as he leaned in.

"Guess we should then." He quirked with a kiss on her lips, Telion giggled once more as he did this. Both were sluggishly ready to start their day, although it would only follow through with the same routine. "So she can't see them," He thought on the facts before him, "I can only do three shields varying on shape and size. They're only thin but they protect from something..." Clearly he had a lot to learn about shields, more than he could guess now that he judged the facts he did have. He would have to look into finding a book at the library on shielding, or see if someone he knew could tell him more about these magical barriers.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Shielding Practice

Postby Abstract on October 18th, 2013, 7:19 pm

Grade Awarded!

Ricky

Skills

~ Shielding - 3
~ Meditation - 1

Lores

~ Telion can't see shields

Other

Since Ricky slightly strained himself while making the shields, he will get a minor head ache every time he creates a shield for the next season.

Notes

Another good solo!

Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)