Completed Family and Its Secrets

Ricky finally shows his family what his secrets are, the ability to use water and weave shields.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Family and Its Secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on October 12th, 2013, 11:47 pm

Family and Its Secrets
Fall 14th 513 AV, 12th Bell

One, two, three, four... Everybody was all present in the room now as Ricky counted the family members in his room, although there were a couple he thought could be present to bear this secret he figured the present number would have to do. Burt sat in the wooden chair while Hannah and Telion sat on the bed with curious faces, only Hannah wasn't aware of what secrets Ricky had to share in this meeting, the other two already knew by some incline what exactly this was about. "M'kay then, looks like it's time." Ricky took a deep breath and exhaled as he made sure the door was locked to prevent any intruders, not that it would matter of course since the building became rather empty lately. Still a locked door provided a better sense of security for Ricky and that's what he needed if he were to share this secret, especially if he wanted to find the mindset required in or to use his special skill. "Since we're all present ya'll know this is t' be kept secret o' course, what I'm 'bout t' show ya never leaves this room."

"What's this about Ricky?" Hannah inquired a little impatiently with her arms crossed, Telion only held a slight gentle smile whilst they waited for Ricky to show his ability. She had seen it in action before because she was the first time he used it, practically what helped set off his ability when it had occurred. She knew what to expect of course but the other two hadn't, they would see it in action for the first time and likely have genuine reactions. Everyone did when they first witnessed magic in use, and even if his father knew he could use magic he still had yet to fully grasp how Ricky could do this.

"Just wait, ye'll see." Ricky turned to face the door with focus, his father seriously gazed with a furrowed brow as he waited to watch what would unfold. "Peace, Safety, Serenity..." The three words were the familiar chants in his mind that helped made meditation possible, his thoughts centered around them until they reached one final word to count on. "Sanctuary... Sanctuary... Sanctuary..." He felt a sense of ease and security fill his being as he took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, and then brought his right hand up to the center of the door as he recalled the feelings he felt from the first time. Emotion is what helped "augment" personal magic or so he gathered, they were somehow fueled more with feelings depending on how strong they were. He remembered the desire to keep everyone safe, the yearning to protect the ones he loved from the dangers that may threaten them. The strong love he felt to guard his beloved and their baby from the troubles of this world...

"Sanctuary." His hand gave a small glow just like before, with sheen of light to ripple out in a royal blue in a slightly brighter form compared to normal. "So it does enhance the ability." He noted as he brought his hand up towards the top of the door frame, the liquid sheen rippled onto the surface of the door from his hand and flowed out to cover the corners of the door frame, and Ricky sluggishly moved his hand from top to bottom as he mentally stretched the magic sheen out to cover the rest of the door. "What the-" Telion grabbed Hannah's arm to cut her off, with a finger raised to her mouth to motion for silence. She knew Ricky had to concentrate for this, and even if Hannah had been caught off guard with this, she still remained silent while Ricky did his work.

The guard reached about halfway to the door now with his inner bottom lip between his teeth, his focus remained unchanged as he pushed for the sheen to flow out. The frame still glowed with the royal blue sheen on the upper half as he continued his work, and within a few chimes the rest of the door and frame were covered from top to bottom with a solid thin barrier.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Family and Its Secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on October 15th, 2013, 7:20 am

"How the petch did you do that?" Hannah finally cracked after the shield had been completed, the bright sheen that covered the door frame died out to a faint dimmer only Ricky could see. How did he know this? For one Telion couldn't see the shields he had made last season when he finally gave in and experimented a bit, he'd learned his limits on Shielding as well as how complicated it was to shield over certain objects; varying on size as well as shape.

"I don't feel hardly anythin'.'" He looked down to his palms as the glimmers had died shortly after the shield was weaved, his stamina or will must have grown over time since his last practice session, or his limits felt further away compared to before when he first started shielding, the only thing he could note was the sudden headache he started to feel. His woven shield still proved to be rather thin as all others were before, but the quality of the shield had yet to be determined by the guard. He still had one other trick he had to show them after all, one more ability to reveal for the family to keep as a buried secret. "I used a sense of peace 'n me mind 'nd called out me Djed as it's called, with it I can weave it out like a fabric o' some sort 'nd make these shields." He explained with some odd steps away from the door frame, mind curious whether or not this idea he had would actually work.

"Well now... here's t' the other trick up me sleeve." He walked over to Burt and extended a hand out, the father quick to understand the notion of his approach as he reached down next to the chair. He handed Ricky a flask full to the brim with water at the son's request, and Ricky looked to the shield back over the doorway as he opened the flask to pour out it's contents. All three were baffled by his decision to do so but managed to remain silent as he focused once more, the reserves of his Djed rippled in his core as he directed a flow out to his right arm. He stared intently into his right palm as he remained focused, and felt the enticing urges tease the recesses of his mind as he pulled out a globule of royal blue res. It's size was small but it slowly grew into a bigger size to cover the center of his palm, and with a satisfied mind he willed for his res to float around his hand, and down to hover above the puddle of water next to his foot.

"Next comes... the attraction...'" He remembered what he learned from Anna even if things were different from what he imagined, the mental image in his mind of the water being pulled by some unseen force became a reality as the water started to ripple from the outside to its center. Until finally the center of the puddle gave in and pulled the rest of its body up to cloak the ball of res he made, and a sphere of water now hovered before the three of them. When he had the ball levitate above his hand once more he turned to see their expressions, and then found amusement in the speechless awe that filled their faces. Once more more with his focus on the shield he brought his hand out with the water sphere still above it, and with his focus shifted from the sphere to the shield he released the sphere from its stillborn hold and sent it forward to collide into the shield.

What came next surprised even Ricky; the shield flashed from the point of contact outward to its corners as the sphere as res molded into the shield, and after a few ticks the shimmer dulled down once more to end the demonstration Ricky had provided.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Family and Its Secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on November 2nd, 2013, 2:50 am

"Okay," Hannah finally broke the awed silence in the room, "when exactly did you start using magic Ricky? More importantly, what gave you the petching stupid idea to do so?!"

"T'was a decision he made f'r 'em self at a time, as he told me 'bout this midsummer but decided t' wait t' tell either o' ya." Burten explained to her with arms crossed, intrigued eyes on Ricky and the shield that covered the doorway.

"I knew Ricky could create shields already but the fact he could use water, that was unknown to me until now of course." Telion added with her eyes switching between the three.

"Am I the only one who didn't know anything about this?!" Hannah took offense to the matter quickly, which is why Ricky spoke next in turn.

"Look I know I kept it mostly secret and I'm sorry, but seein' as we're all pretty much a family now I decided y'all should see it. I've been able t' do water reimancy f'r at almost a year now but shieldin'a somethin I first did with Tel." He added for assurance as to how recent his skills are. "I'm not entirely sure 'ow it all works, but from what I know these shields are capable o' absorbin' magic. I learned that 'ere recently in fact." He pointed out with the memory of Anna's pyro trick in mind, although her reimancy overpowered his shield without hesitation when she burned those papers. "Only you t'ree plus two others know this secret, and I plan t' keep it that way f'r a while now until I know it's somethin' I can control."

"Control?!" Ricky's words brought concern and puzzlement in all three'a faces.

"With reimancy I 'ave an edge that serves a purpose, be it that purpose only a rare cause o' course. 'owever I've first got t' learn 'ow t' better use this power, and that means never losin' control o' it no matter what." He spoke assuratively thorough to try and lighten the worry, but it just seemed to make things worse for him as they held grave expressions. "Look I'm takin' it slow, practically baby steps as far as practice goes. The only thing I'm more focused on honin' me skill on is that o'er there!" He pointed to the shield over the doorway and looked to it with a subtle smile on his face. He probably didn't sound so reassuring, but with the silence that once more followed the other three seemed to accept the fact he could use two personal magicks.

"What exactly does this pose as far as threats go?" Telion brought up with curious intent, which brought a nod of approval from Ricky.

"That's a good question. Zeltiva's not really shunned magic users, but 'as put away crazy mages in the asylum. As far as I'm concerned I'm just another ignorant user t' the forces 'round me, but I plan t' keep the fact I use magic quiet within reason until I'm more confident in me skills." He explained with arms crossed as the Burt had his turn with an approving nod.

"Very well then," Burt rose to his feet and walked over to Ricky, and then addressed Telion and Hannah as he were about to give a speech, "We know somethin' best kept secret, and by the Gods we'll see it secret lest Ricky says otherwise. Agreed?"

Both women didn't hesitate to agree there, already aware of what ill fate would follow if word got out Ricky was an incompetent magic user. With that said and done their family meeting had come to end, and the secret they were meant to keep was now shared, however Ricky couldn't rest just yet. He had much to prepare for as far as practice went, this meant learning control as well as proving himself competent in the long run.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Family and Its Secrets

Postby Zandelia on March 30th, 2014, 2:42 am

Ricky :
Skills
Meditation – 1
Shielding – 2
Reimancy – 2
Rhetoric - 1

Lores
Shielding: Emotion Augments The Ability
Shielding: The Weave, The Fabric
Reimancy: The Water Sphere
Magic: Combining Water and Shielding
Secrets Kept: Is Being A Mage Dangerous?

Notes :
I gave more experience because it was so well written and the fact that you seem to have put so much thought into it. This should be respected and rewarded. This was again a lovely thread. I need to grade Zeltiva more it seems.

Any questions about my grade? Feel free to PM at any time. Keep Writing!
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)