Disgusted to Meet You

Thomas meets Evalin

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Disgusted to Meet You

Postby Thomas Cosa on February 24th, 2013, 4:10 am

Thomas considered the Nuit-child, and for the first time in a while, he saw past the rotting flesh, the dying physicality, and saw her as raw potential. Despite his own disgust with the Nuit, Thomas' hatred for those of Sahova burned brighter. His own longing for their knowledge, for their secrets, for their precious citadel perhaps even brighter still.

"You disgust me," he whispered, stated more as fact then opinion, "And I spare no kindness for any who share in your condition," Thomas paused, regarding the Nuit-girl with a mixture of new found curiosity, and rooted suspicion, "But, it would be...stupid of me," Thomas sighed, the open admittance to his own weakness obviously a foreign concept to the young human, "It would be stupid to ignore help from you, considering what I wish to achieve."

"I would not assume you offer such direct assistance as to accompany me to the Citadel," he breathed, "But I would accept any aid, anything to take their knowledge, their wasted treasures, their citadel, from their decaying hands," he scowled, "And you speak of some kind of gift, something that will make me stronger?" he asked, his tone unsure. "Something that will allow me to gain an advantage over the undead?"

Thomas held his breath, waiting for Evalin's response. True, he was still very careful around the Nuit-child, and he was very suspicious.

Nothing was free in this world, and no gift came without a price.

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Disgusted to Meet You

Postby Evalin on March 11th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Evalin's smile widened, "Of course it is only fools who allow opportunity to pass them by without first consideration to what could be gained. Already you show greater wisdom than those lethargic Wizards of Sahova."

She chuckled and sat back in her chair, turning the knife over in her fingers like a child would with a favorite toy. She ran her finger over the bladed edge, as she continued, "With this power you would have an advantage over any nuit on Sahova." Evalin chose her words carefully, speaking with the same amount of passion yet she did not allow her tongue to slip and mention exactly what this gift was, "It is a gift that I have been given myself, though what I hear is that those who yet live, when they receive it, they gain so much more from it than would a feeble nuit like myself." Glancing up Evalin raised the blade to touch just under her right eye, "See you this? This color is a stigma which I bear, a symbol of the gift I carry within me. With it I can do things no other nuit can do." She smiled, flipping the knife in the air and then snatching it back with unnatural speed, so fast that it appeared a blur to most, "This power which I hold is great, but if the living were to take it for themselves... Well I hear tale of the deeds that they are able to accomplish."

She returned to turning the knife over in her hand, eyes falling to watch the thing in her fingers as she spoke, somehow becoming more of a storyteller than someone offering a proposition, "Those who are gifted while still alive have been know to go weeks without ever needing nourisment from either food nor water, and yet they do not die. They survive the most brutal of beatings, whelps and lashes that should kill a man merely nuisances to them as they heal far too quickly than can be natural. Their strength is greater, their endurance lasts longer. They have little need of sleep, and yet they are still ALIVE." She glanced up at Thomas, and then back down with a smile, "I have heard that they can be run through with a blade, and then pull it free and continue fighting. They can be filled with Arrows, and never fall. They are... Truly terrifying and powerful individuals whose abilities surpass even my own." She chuckled inwardly at her own lie, yet she looked at Thomas with a mask of sincere truth, "I can offer you this. With this power you could survive where others would fall. You would be more powerful than any nuit or human. You could rise to the top and crumble the Citadel around you, if you so chose. None could stop you."

Evalin paused to allow the words to sink in, and after a chime she would sit up, placing the knife on the table and sliding it toward Thomas, "Would you find such a gift worth obtaining?"

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Disgusted to Meet You

Postby Thomas Cosa on March 15th, 2013, 4:11 am

A smile warmed the young mage's starved features, "Perhaps," Thomas mumbled as the nuit-child fell back into her chair.

The young animator listened carefully to the undead, both enticed and supicious of what Evalin offered. Anything that gave him power or influence over Sahova was something worth much to Thomas, perhaps more than the young mage was willing to admit. Still, even had Evalin been a pulser, he would have been careful to listen to anything that would give the offer away -- or at least, some kind of hint to the price.

His own eyes were drawn to the nuit's and he was careful to remember them in detail. Should they be the mark of whatever gift Evalin spoke of, then her eyes would be the only thing that remained despite a change of body, or so Thomas assumed. Dark, ruby red iris stared at the weak human, promising him exactly what he had always wanted.

What he had always dreamed of, what Avalis had shown him.

Power.

Perhaps enough power to take control of the Citadel, to make it his. Evalin had said he would still breath, he would still feel his heart pulse. He wouldn't change like them, and he would have all the benefit the same.

Thomas would be better than the Nuit.

"If all you say is true," he paused, his own gaze lingering on those impossibly red eyes, "That I would still be alive, that I would be granted power enough to control even the masters of Sahova, then yes," Thomas breathed, his smile growing ever wider, "I would be interested."

"I would most certainly be interested," he repeated, greed blinding his sense.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Disgusted to Meet You

Postby Evalin on March 31st, 2013, 2:52 am

Triumph flooded Evalin's gaze as she chuckled, sliding out of the chair to stand upon her feet once more. Pulling up her hood Evalin said, "Very well. Then I shall make the preparations." She glanced up at Thomas with a smile, "You may ponder your decision for a while yet. For now we have work to be attending to. Rayage was never a patient one."

With quick motions Evalin began to make her way toward the door, looking back at Thomas, "Well then, shall we be going?"

OOCSorry super short post, but I think we can leave our first meeting at this and turn it in after you post. Or if you have another idea please let me know! I think its time we got to the Orphan stealing bit ^.^

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Disgusted to Meet You

Postby Thomas Cosa on April 6th, 2013, 3:14 am

Thomas smiled sincerely, a rare treat for any nuit.

"I would express gratitude, but I think that would be best held until I see the results," he smiled shyly, his voice dry. "And of course, Evalin, it would be a sure folly to make the master wait any more than was required," Thomas nodded, following the undead out of the bar.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Disgusted to Meet You

Postby Orion Michaels on November 2nd, 2013, 9:51 pm

Thomas

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Observation +3 Pig's Foot Tavern: Menu Costs
Auristics +1 Location: Pig's Foot Tavern
Rhetoric +2 Evalin: Nuit in a Child's Body
Interrogation +2 Killing A Child: A Memory Not Easily Forgotten
A Life Changing Decision: Accepting Evalin's Gift

Evalin

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Rhetoric +3 Location: Pig's Foot Tavern
Interrogation +2 How Hate Can Be Twisted
Philosophy +1 Thomas: Apprentice in Sahova
Observation +3 Making an Offer of Power

Witty Remark Here
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade,
please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous