Solo [Stone Gardens] Pycon Parkour

Ball does Parkour

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Stone Gardens] Pycon Parkour

Postby Ball on October 31st, 2013, 2:49 pm

40 Fall 513
Stone Gardens, Tenth Bell of the Morning

Ball had found himself once again in the Stone Garden, it had the perfect terrain for what Ball had decided to do today. Working up the nerve to go on doing this though was what took the small squire so long to get this far. Leaving his mount at the gate as a ‘guard’ Ball had untied the knot that he used to keep his rapier attached to his side, it was a simple knot in a strip of fabric and once released the weapon clattered gently to the ground and Ball had left it with Imass for safe keeping.

Looking over the terrain Ball had seen the stones were all varying in shape and size, several raised walkways marked designated pathways through the Gardens. The Pycon stepped off the path, dropping the inch or so down to land on the crushed gravel that surrounded each and every stone within the park. Allowing the serenity to overcome him Ball paused in this moment and allowed his thoughts and memories to wash over him.

Blue Pycon, you have taught me much. After our paths have migrated on their separate ways I have continued on my path in hopes that they will once again cross. I never forgot what you have taught me and I hope you are out there somewhere, trying to return to me. Ball’s mind fell silent, he knew full well that the words fell on deaf ears, they were just thoughts and nothing more.

“Sylir... Grant me the Strength to carry on...” Ball spoke, the first time ever his words spoke clear and without popping. Their gravelly sound rumbling and befitting of his locale. And with that, Ball took a few steps away from the walkway and looked around his being, slowly looping in a large circle, realizing he was alone, committed to a task he knew little about in a place he knew as a training location.

Stopping to face the walkway that he dropped from Ball set his mouth in a look of focus, instinctively his fingers twitched, flexed, and stretched in preparation of what the pycon had planned on doing.

“Now or never Ball... Now or never.” He braced himself with a breathe and then pushed off the ground with his left foot, while at the same time bringing his right foot forward. His left arm arched backwards as his right followed the foot underneath it.

His left foot dug into the ground, adding gravel bits to the sole of his foot as his right pressed hard into the gravel before him, this too adding gravel to the other foot’s bottom. Kinetic energy was already being forced from potential energy into force and Ball’s body went with the flow of it. With each pushing foot pushing the clay squire ever closer to the walkway the gravel bits on the soles of his feet were getting ground into the clay of his soles, adding traction and a toughness that only rock could provide.

Arms pumping and feet pounding Ball reached the stone walkway before he knew it, his left arm came first, and instead of just crashing his arm into it the running pycon brought fingertips to grip the edge, his left foot came into contact with the edge and Ball forced himself to push up the cliff of a walkway. His right hand came up into position at the edge of the walkway and Ball used the additional leverage to pull himself upward more, the momentum and gravel-induced traction his right foot added to the action only propelled the three inch squire faster.

His propulsion was too much for him to maintain a level playing ground and once his upper body broke past the ledge Ball’s arms were straightened out to their maximum limits in this form and Ball had to force himself forward else he was going to lose all the momentum he gathered from running and be stuck...

Created goes to Euthisa Image
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on November 3rd, 2013, 7:04 pm

...The forward movement pulled Ball’s upper body onto the flat surface, his legs wiggled upward onto the surface, tucked under his body’s mass into a runner’s position. The panting pycon quickly pushed off with his gravel coated feet, using the traction to keep moving, yet it proved too much and the three inch squire found himself sliding the entire length of the ledge. The rough hewn rock cause Ball some massive scrapping across his front side that when the clay being found himself coming off to the edge he grabbed a hold of it and rolled himself over the edge and hung there like it was the edge of a roof several stories high.

With legs tugged in to his body, feet pressed against the side of the walkway Ball pushed off the side, releasing the edge and he went soaring into the open air, landing on a smooth and polished round surface of a stone, some obscurely old name etched into the surface giving the squire some minor bit to grab a hold of so he could place hands in front and use them to frog leap from the first rock to the one ahead. Frog leaping was simple enough, pushing legs between arms the pycon flung his body forward, landing feet first on the shorter rock...

Quickly, to utilize his body’s backwards momentum Ball pushed off with his feet and propelled backwards, body arched first upward before his head started once more for the gravel below and the squire allowed himself to follow the course he was taking before pulling his feet around hard and landing on bent ‘knees’ and hands.

Panting heavily he stood up, staring at his front and seeing the scraped appearance of flaking clay bits. It stung quite a bit but it was dead weight to him and thus he rose a hand and pushed the bits away, allowing them to slide off his body and curl up as they drifted to meet the gravel below. A hiss rushed from his lips as Ball turned once more to come face front to the walkway ledge.

Created goes to EuthisaImage

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on November 4th, 2013, 8:21 pm

I will traverse you without failing. I will overcome you.

Ball pushed his feet into the gravel once again, taking a breathe in as he pushed off, exhaling before his right foot smashed the gravel underneath, his arms pumping the air in and out as fast as his body moved forward. Beneath him the ground was coming a rough terrain testing his limitations of balance, his feet molding around the bits of crushed rock as Ball got closer and closer to the ‘cliff.’

The closer Ball got to the walkway he pushed harder with each footfall, hoping he can jump the gap he needed to reach the top easily enough. He was his body length away in distance now and the pycon started the prep work to clear the jump

One...

His left foot hit the gravel and turned slightly outward, prepping itself lift himself airborne, his ‘knee’ remained bent as his right foot touched ground.

... Two....

His right foot barely made contact with the ground below it before he used it’s existing kinetic energy to push off the ground. The squire’s out-turned left foot pushed off as well, adding to the energic push skyward.

...Three! His hands reached forward, the wall’s edge grazed the tips of his sausage like fingers and his left foot cocked upward, turning his body nearly parallel to the ground below him and therefore the wall he was now touching. Pulling his body toward the wall at the same time as pushing upward so his legs went over the wall gave Ball the clearance he needed to just barely scrape the wall’s cut edge.

With lower half over the edge and reaching max swing before he over did it the three inch squire released his hold on the wall and his body immediately shifted to follow his feet. At this point Ball was currently superseding gravity, but that was quick to end and Ball knew it. Feeling his feet touch the walk way’s top surface he used what momentum he had left from the start of his second attempt to push the rest of his mass forward.

The forward push of his upper body tipped the scale against him and he was forced to take himself into a roll and take a tumble right there in the middle of the walkway. His second run ended prematurely and it left the squired pycon sitting in the middle of the path staring at it between outstretched legs.

“Damn it.” He spoke sharply, his right hand forming a fist that Ball proceeded to smack the bottom of it against the cobblestone wall. “Damn it. Damn it...”

With each ‘damn it’ Ball struck the stones beneath him.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on November 5th, 2013, 2:39 pm

Ball spent several ticks of a bell cursing his inability to traverse this walkway in one complete run. Sitting there sulking wasn’t going to fix his lack of completion though, so the squire stood and stamped his wait to the edge and sat down on it. With legs bent at his knees and buttocks sitting at the edge Ball curled his fingers over the edge and sat there, looking down at the gray stone peeking up at him from between his legs.

“How am I going to overcome you if I can’t clear your edging? How am I going to feel I have accomplished the task I set before me I can’t even manage to make the first transition?” Ball’s rumbling voice grumbled as he sat there. “Sulking is failure yet I have no idea how to overcome your massive size...” Ball lifted his head up, his mouth gapping widely as he realized what he just said.

“That’s it!” He hopped from the walkway and walked through the stone markers, each one the small pycon passed close by he gently and reverently touched. “I have to start small and work my way up to the wall. Oh course!” After he had felt he was a fair distance away Ball turned and looked at the walkway that loomed upward, it was a few feet away from him now, not just several inches. The stones before him and on either side were rather short, their age showing in small cracks that were given to them by weather and age.

With a faint smile Ball placed both hands on rocks that were on each side of him. “Fallen Knights. Fallen Brethren. Fallen Comrades. You are the Foundation. You have given your lives, but you still give strength.” Using what small amount of strength he has Ball pushed his body upward and rocked back and forth a bit before lowering to the ground. Tapping the one to his right Ball climbed onto the rock at his left, it was a simple process and now he turned and looked back at the wall.

“Sylir, give me a the strength and the ability to see beyond this task.” With that Ball set himself into a runner’s position once more and taking the one step he could from this position he pushed off, his hands reached for the one before him. Grabbing a hold of it he tucked himself into a roll and went feet over head before he released his grip and rolled onto first he feet which is quickly pushed off with, arching immediately to the one before him, this time he didn’t grab the rock he just gracefully landed on it before jumping towards the next one, this one was slightly to his left, but it was there.

And as if Sylir answered his prayer the pycon landed and nearly slide off it’s weathered side. It was a quick lashing out with his arm that the squire managed to correct his motions and rolled into it, landing on the rock he was falling towards before he shifted his roll to propel him in the direction of the wall.

There were only a small handful of rocks left and Ball had the moment to overcome these few rocks and hopefully make it to the sticky part... The Wall. Landing on his feet on the current rock gave Ball the ability to leverage himself into a long jump that sent the pycon gracefully over the rock in front of him, but his body was a bit much and instead of arching downward feet first he was going head first.

Head first was no good for the three inch clay squire, so he placed his hands before him, using the momentum he landed hard on his hands, bending his arms at the ‘elbows’ before pushing up again and arching his body to continue forward towards the final rock before he had to make the clearing jump at the wall.

It was a heavy hit his feet made when they connected with that slightly taller and newer rock. His feet ignoring the etching in it’s face as he pushed off towards the wall, his body angled at thirty degrees, as if he tried his hardest to fulfill this goal of his here and now.

The trajectory he was using was enough to clear the edge barely, Ball thought, but would it be enough to get his feet over the edge? He could hope.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on November 7th, 2013, 1:19 pm

Ball felt really confident in his approach this time around. His hands planted firmly on the edge of the walkway, his legs tipping upward to fling themselves up and over the lip. His body arched over the flat top and Ball released his hands in due course.

... Sadly, failure was the only results Ball would have this time around. Once again his body shifted too far forward and Ball found himself pushing forward to roll, but instead of coming back up neatly to his feet the Pycon found himself sprawled out on the ground on his front side. Getting to his knees the pycon slumped defeated.

“Damn it. No no no.” The three inch squire started to sob, pounding on the walkway’s solid unyielding surface in anger and frustration. “You piece of unmoving shyke. I don’t understand how I can fail at something so simple! Something so easy as to move across you..” Leaning forward Ball sobbed into the stones of the path, pounding on it’s surface while screaming obscenities and the word ‘no’ repeatedly.

The squire remained that way for some time before he just stopped and sat up, realizing that it was getting a bit later and people were starting to find their way into the Stone Gardens, for whatever reason. It was time for Ball to leave. He stood up, took a few hitching breathes to calm himself, and then strolled to Imass.

Patting the dog on the side Ball climbed up into place, nudged his mount in the direction of the dorms. Eventually Ball would return to the dorms.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Taylani on November 15th, 2013, 9:51 pm

XP Award!

Ball:

XP Award:
  • +4 climbing
  • +2 running
  • +2 acrobatics
  • +1 jumping

Lore:
  • Gravel: Great traction
  • Determination to complete the walkway

Notes:
Comments :
Pm me if you have any concerns about your grade. Please remember to edit or delete your grade request.

TAYLANI
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)