Nysel

God of Dreams, Nightmares, and Sleep.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Nysel

Postby Gossamer on January 2nd, 2013, 5:09 am

Nysel

ImageThe son of Akajia, Goddess of Darkness and Secrets, and Wysar, God of Integrity, Conviction, and Discipline, Nysel emanated as a personification of dreaming and, much like his mother, his truths are often clouded in symbols writ deep in the collective unconscious of the living and the dead. Though he has a place with the pantheon of gods in the Ukalas, his true home is the Chavena, that manifestation of energy moving back and forth between the immortal and mortal realms. If Leth is the Lord of Thought, then Nysel claims the constructions of thought and emotion, inspiration and chaos that life leaves behind, the energies of sentience. Even as these things disappear before the inner eyes of the dreamers, they add themselves as echoes to his realm, which he can easily recall and reconstitute as vividly as ever before.

Though often banished to his mother's realm, in truth he exists in the daydreams of children and the waking dreams of the mad. While an Akalak would be the first to say that Nysel's skin matches their own, he might as easily appear in any form the mind can conceive to better communicate or confound a person. He might confound the sages with circular questions like, "Am I a man dreaming I'm a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?" Some would call Nysel cruel, playing a cat-and-mouse game with the minds of all, and others bless him as a balm to troubled minds and a conduit to Visions from Avalis.

In fact, he is neutral as the night, capable of good or evil, though theologians have argued that the good and evil of a god is of a different stripe from the morality of the children of Mizahar.

Many symbols have been attributed to Nysel over time, but the Dreamwalkers' emblem has been described in ancient scripts as a stylized key with an open eye peering through the keyhole. The common elements of symbols for Nysel himself have been any figure or pattern, simple or complex, with a smaller version of itself drawn within and skewed, and again and again until they are too small to be seen with the naked eye.

The idea of the symbol is that perspectives are endless and anything one might dream could be called reality. Not for nothing do children the world over sing:

"Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream."
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Nysel

Postby Kavala on April 1st, 2013, 4:44 pm

Timestamp: Early Spring 513

The Konti slipped into the Sacred Circle deep within the bowels of The Sanctuary. There was no one about at this hour, on the cusp of being late late night and early early morning. She could have knelt in front of the statue of Nysel, for it was her God she wanted to speak too. But she was a Dreamwalker and for her, Nysel dwelled no where near this plain. To truly speak to him, she would have to Walk to where he was... to do less would be a dishonor.

So she settled in the middle of the Sacred Circle on a large mat made for meditation, and carefully relaxed and crossed her legs She closed her eyes and felt her spirit step sideways, the mark on her side burning a moment with an eerie blend of pleasure and pain. Once she stood in the Chavena, she twisted around, weightless, and let the floating strands of Chavi stroke her spirit.

It felt good.

Dreamwalkers were in their element here, among the dreams and memories of everyone who was alive, who had lived, and would soon live again. And yet, she paid no attention to the individual Chavi, not even her own. Kavala sighed deeply, stretched out her awareness, and moved through the Chavena under her own power looking for a spot that felt right and felt close to her lord. Once she was settled, comfortable, and in that area of strength and possibility she always associated with Nysel's presence, she began to speak.

"My Lord...

I stand before you thankful of the things in my life. The Sanctuary is thriving. Tasi and Shayru are whole and happy. I have found love again. My brother is healing and has new purpose. We are financially secure and emotionally stronger than ever. I think it is through your grace this has happened. I feel how strong you think we must be to move forward. And now, much more is in place than was before, and I feel like we can move forward. For that I am grateful.

I come to you feeling like we are ready for the next step. I have assembled people around us who have proven themselves strong. I myself feel stronger. We've met the enemy and know that he's out there. We also know that the Cytali need to rise again. They played an important role in Mizahar before... one that has gone unfulfilled from the death of their very last member at the hands of the Ruv'na. It was a valuable lesson, and one we did not walk away from without learning.

I'm ready to try again. I am ready to await the signs and bring forth the organization into its full formal existence. I only await your permission and a sign."
Kavala said softly, her prayer generating outwards.

There was no answering voice. This did not surprise or disappoint her. She knew her dreams would be full in the next few days and Nysel would speak to her as he spoke to all his people - via dreams. And until then she would continue on the path she'd started down, hopeful and happy that things were going the way they seemed to be going.

And with her prayer concluded, she stepped sideways again, exiting the Chavena and opening her eyes in her own body once more.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Nysel

Postby Daedalus Dagwood on November 17th, 2013, 2:20 am

"Nysel, giver of that which is true and false within the dreaming mind. My dreams have been shadowed darkness that fill my nights with restless sleep. It has been a long time since the building I was raised in had crumbled during the great storm of the year five hundred twelve that took the lives of my parents. I have remained strong physically in support of my family as I wanted them to see their eldest brother as a strong pillar of support whenever they look up to me."

"And even after all this time I have found true closure in their deaths. However, I still stay up late to distract myself from sleep and pending nightmares. I often remain awake during the night buried in my studies. Even searching for knowledge during the day to study through the night. I long for a peaceful nights sleep."

"I know I am neither one of your servants and for the first time today learned of you. But if it is in your will to understand to one day help. I shall praise and honor you further as a servant from this day forward."
Daedalus Dagwood
Endless Possibilities

Words: 157286
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2013, 8:38 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)