Solo [Job Thread] Dreaming up Metal

Daedalus works as a Metalsmith and creates a special metal alloy for a special request item.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Job Thread] Dreaming up Metal

Postby Daedalus Dagwood on November 17th, 2013, 2:01 am

Even though Daedalus had made the Holy symbol for someone else who had requested it. He walked back over to the foundry's work table to stand it upright. He shifted his hand through his back pack to pull out the wooden patter of the holy symbol to stand it next to its metal twin. His dreams had been plagued by nightmares of his loved ones deaths, or over arching feelings of suspense and terror.

They were the reasons why the Metalsmith stayed up through the long hours of the night passing his time by just contemplating ideas of inventions that might be possible to create. Daedalus never was one to pray, or even seek the gods for help. However, now that he knew the name of the god of dreams he simply said what he felt needed to be said.

He neither keeled or bowed, groveled or begged. He just placed both of his hands onto each of the symbols then spoke.

"Nysel, giver of that which is true and false within the dreaming mind. My dreams have been shadowed darkness that fill my nights with restless sleep. It has been a long time since the building I was raised in had crumbled during the great storm of the year five hundred twelve that took the lives of my parents. I have remained strong physically in support of my family as I wanted them to see their eldest brother as a strong pillar of support whenever they look up to me."

"And even after all this time I have found true closure in their deaths. However, I still stay up late to distract myself from sleep and pending nightmares. I often remain awake during the night buried in my studies. Even searching for knowledge during the day to study through the night. I long for a peaceful nights sleep."

"I know I am neither one of your servants and for the first time today learned of you. But if it is in your will to understand to one day help. I shall praise and honor you further as a servant from this day forward."

Once he was finished he smiled to himself, took off his work apron, and placed the wooden holy symbol he had carved into his backpack. With all of his work finished he slipped on his wool coat and backpack then delivered the white gold holy symbol to his Employer who would sell it to the person who had requested the item once the customer arrives the next day. With all of his work completed the Metalsmith left the foundry.

~Fin~
Daedalus Dagwood
Endless Possibilities

Words: 157286
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2013, 8:38 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Job Thread] Dreaming up Metal

Postby Wrenmae on January 22nd, 2014, 5:37 pm

XP Award!

Daedalus:

XP Award:
  • +4 Observation
  • +5 Metalsmithing
  • +2 Body Building
  • +2 Drawing
  • +2 Rapier

Lore:
  • Metalsmithing: How to make Steel
  • Metalsmithing: Working with White Gold
  • Metalsmithing: How to make White Gold
  • Metalsmithing: Nysel's Holy Symbol design
  • Nysel: God of Dreams, Nightmares, and Sleep
  • Nysel: The Key and the Eye

Comments :
Straight forward job thread, mate. Well done. If you feel I missed anything, feel free to let me know. I didn't give you any of the things you made because I'm assuming this will be used as a job thread. Cheers!

WRENMAE

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous