Quest [Aylasa Caves] Spelunking We Go! (Full)

An expedition to explore the Aylasa Caves. Player limit reached, quest now closed.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Aylasa Caves] Spelunking We Go! (Full)

Postby Noaru on November 25th, 2013, 9:19 am

“I don’t believe that Eiyon is for our good behalf, young soul. He serves as an omen to us: a figure that is foreshadowing events to come. ”

Noaru said those words to Shiyami before he vanishes—ceasing to materialize. Noaru did not enjoy the Eiyon’s presence. However, knowing that there was a human capable of touching ethereal beings and physically sensing them, was an ace in the hole. Noaru felt that the Eiyon would play his party correctly, if what he knew was right. The Eiyon served under Dira, holder of death. The Eiyon, he would be one to obey this beings rule like the good servant he was. The spirit hid his happiness under the disguise of his invisible state, it was finally starting and there were many souls on this journey.

Noaru could see a good number of humans, riding upon horses. The spirit felt sorry for these souls, having to walk upon the cold, solid and indifferent earth. Noaru lingered above the groups, his aerial view giving him an advantage and freedom from the stream of bodies below him that may have obscured his sight, if he had walked amongst them. The idea of adventure was thrilling and it was even more thrilling to be on one! Noaru couldn’t remember the time he was looking forward to traveling in a group. The spirit was always moving, moving with the seasons and the animals that just happened to be traversing the same path he was.

Noaru himself was accustomed to loneliness and solitude; he now enjoyed these concepts and was able to find the true uniqueness of his existence within them. The idea of existing as this lone-singularity in a new and vast version of his home world was enjoyable and entertaining. However, Noaru remembers the crushing despair he felt when he came under the realization that he could be the only one. The need to find congenial company was so strong back then but faded when he stumbled upon ghosts. Then even amongst the dead; souls of once living beings, he could not sense those like him, his kindred—there was nothing.

That despair turned to madness and that madness turned to pure, unadulterated wrath. The desire to exist as more, see more and understand more pushed him forward—towards the horizon. The concept of being a sole-existence became absolute and Noaru remembered the change his mind underwent. “There were no others like him”, he thought at that time. “I’am must continue this existence, this time, and this realm. I will not fade. I cannot become a distant memory: a blurred image. I... I cannot falter or I’ll….disappear forever. ”

“This conceptual existence cannot find his cornerstone. The object was shattered by the remiss of sovereign bodies. This conceptual existence was downtrodden, lost forever with detrimental memories to spare. I have traipsed amongst them all—nature, laws, beasts, men and hidden gods. I hearkened carefully to every word spoken to me! I asked for forgiveness before this time! Is there no cause, has life done me wrong… have I been casted aside? Fate or Existence, who governs my being, are you listening, is there anyone listening? Who will plead my cause?”

“…”

Noaru was silent as he was bombarded by his memories; he remembers the response he received after that moment. Thunder roared and everything trembled and all that was present afterwards, after the fires and earthquakes… was silence and rain. Noaru believed that some parts of this world back then, was doing the same as he was—suffering and looking for reprieve. Noaru continues to follow the caravan—memories and trials in tow.

’—
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on November 30th, 2013, 6:10 am

"...Tch...", Shiyami clicked his tongue, as Noaru reinforces his wariness of the Eiyon. Anyone who worshipped Dira, to the extent where she bestows powers onto them, is not someone a ghost would normally associate with. "Bad omen huh...more like a barrel of oil, and Eiyons are the match, which Dira is the one pouring the oil. In the end, we are consumed...", he muttered, while giving an analogy, as a response to Noaru. 

His eyes flitted around, stopping at every person, examining their behaviors, and movements, along with the most important part: their line of sight. "Where ever it is, always check your surroundings, for you never know the day when someone may attempt to do away with you.", he muttered softly, more to himself then others, in a volume only those in his immediate vicinity would hear, and only if they paid attention.

OOCSorry, short post, but not idea what to do IC at the moment >.<!
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on December 4th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Ethan agreed with Aoren when he had told him that it would be exciting before nodding off. When he came awake from the sudden stop of the wagon, Ethan yawned and a stretched getting up from seat and began to grab his pack and other gear. Loading up, he looked at his group, Aoren and Roderick both seemed to have very little in the way of supplies, and in truth Ethan wasn’t quite sure if had everything that was needed. Looking over at Tina’s group Ethan thought back to his experience chasing down a leecher. They had been under prepared and had set out without a plan. Granted even with a plan there was no way of knowing what they would encounter, taking the little knowledge Ethan had done researching about the Caves, Ethan gathered up the group.

“So, I know this seems a bit arrogant of me, but I was hoping to discuss a plan for our time down in the caves. From the few items and tales that I could find about the Caves, it seems like it was the main dwelling for the survivors.” Ethan squatted down in the dirt, “Most of the maps that I encountered showed something like this.” Ethan dragged his fingers through the dirt. “Overall, the cave system seems to have been mapped for the upper warrens. The occanisional food pond or craved out hallow that could be used as a home. My guess is that these warned paths are the safest. What I think we need to do is venture down deeper in the caverns then the previously explored areas. People are consistent whether its above ground or below. If I was experiencing a great upheaval in the world, I would try to find the darkest deepest hole to survive in. So the main corridors that are closer to the surface, were probably used that last before everyone came out.”

“Now I figure that we will need some type of light source, food, and climbing gear. Roderick and Aoren, could you please talk with the caravan masters and see if they can provided us with some gear? I think that they would have food supplies and such in one of these wagons. Next, I would like to talk about sign postings at entryways. It’s very possible that we can become lost down there, so if they can provide us with chalk then we can mark the entry way and exits of pathways we choose. I was thinking something simple like an arrow pointing which way we are walking in. If we go down a path and find out it was blocked or a dead end, we go back to the entry arrow and mark it through it. Gentlemen and Lady,” Ethan bowed his head towards the ghosts. “In order to be faster, would you please go down or up cliffs and look for items of interest? You seem to be able to move fast or faster than someone running, and you don’t have to worry about hauling things up and down a rope. Or do you want to go ahead of us and scout the caves while we are walking to them?”

Ethan motioned his head over to Tina’s group. “I am going to go ask if we can tag along with them for a little ways. Hopefully we can learn some information about spelunking from the person with all the climbing gear. I just want to make sure we all come up from the deep dark the same way we went down.” Ethan got up and rubbed his palms together to rid himself of the little bit of dirt that was left. He waited listening to any feedback or different ideas on how to proceed, knowing that on the way to the caves, Ethan could always talk with Tina’s group.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Words: 367863
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Radiant on December 18th, 2013, 4:10 pm

OOCAoren requested for his turn to be skipped. :) We will be moving on.

After a few bells, the group finally arrived at the mouth of the famous Aylasa Caves. Most of the adventurers had all prepared their equipments. The Eiyon looked upwards, still keeping his eyes on Noaru's invisible form, he might be invisible to the naked eyes of common men, but with the power of Dira, no spirits or ghosts could hide. He also took a glance to Shiyami and Kimi once in a while. He would keep following wherever the ghosts might go.

Tina's group was preparing like a professional, the tall axe-wielding man was sharpening his axe, the male archer was checking his bows and arrows, the female navigator was examining their spelunking equipments, Tina herself looked to be the leader, directing the members of the group with her cheerful disposition.

"Alright!! You guys are going to go in! While I will wait here!" The instructor commanded, standing beside the cavern entrance. Some adventurers gave him a strange look, he expected that and already prepared an answer. "Do you think I will follow you?! By Sylir's teeth, no! Me and the guards are here to guard the entrance while you guys do... whatever you adventurers do! You don't pay to take part in this expedition!!" He crossed his arms over his chest. "You guys are on your own! The Valini merchant house will buy whatever you find in there according to its values! But! If you want to keep it for yourself, then that's fine."

Some adventures grumbled, while most shrugged, these guards weren't paid enough to risk their necks in some mysterious cavern complex. One by one, the adventurers started to venture inside with their individual groups consisting of mostly four to five persons. The party, the Eiyon and Tina's group were among the ones that were still outside of the caves.

OOCSince Ethan proposes a plan, I will let you guys discuss it in this turn rotation.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Noaru on February 20th, 2014, 6:53 pm

Ethan’s plan was solid, as Noaru saw that checking the closest cave systems would be problematic with such a large group. However, the deepest portions of the cave would be concealing life threatening creatures in darkness—Noaru was attentive to this. Noaru knew his powers would not be of any use in such an environment, as deepening the darkness and adding freezing cold would only compromise the entire group. Noaru, at this point, thought he should act as the scout of the group. There many eyes being watchful for danger but he knew that there were monstrous things hidden in the world, lurking outside the five senses.

Noaru kept this scouting idea to himself. He saw that there was no need for him to bother his companions with his suspicions but if things went south, he’d let them know. Noaru turns his attention to the cliff face which loomed over them with an open cave system beneath it. The Aylasa Caves looked much like a hungry beast made of stone: it was a patient creature, as many unwary souls wandered into its depths and added more bones to its collection. Although, Noaru prepared his spirit for the journey ahead of him, he couldn’t pass-up the opportunity of checking the cliff face; he could find some treasure up there on the cliff!

“I’ll check the cliff and another soul should keep watch in case something goes unnoticed.”

Think alone and fight together ’ was an old saying Noaru remembers from the past. He couldn’t enter situations where group efforts are need, alone. This, his inability to trust others and himself, would lead to his demise, as the simplest of creatures knew that cooperating together would increase their chances of survival by several folds. The spirit believed that, if he can cooperate and function properly with this group, he would learn and obtain something valuable. So, for now, Noaru awaited for his companions responses and thoughts on what he said.

’—
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on March 4th, 2014, 2:15 pm

Shiyami nodded, when he heard of Ethan's plans. "I see nothing wrong with it.", he answered, nearly without hesitation. He had endured long enough in the world, to know that there are things that you just can't seem to notice until the last minute, and it was no different when it came to creatures that lived within the lands. You never notice the,, until it was far too late. By then, your in the belly of an unnamed creature.

So, though a tad bit wary, he agreed to the plan. Besides, if he were to object to such a sound plan, he would have to come up with a new one. And it was one of those rare moments where his mind was drawing up a blank. While waiting for a response from the rest of the party, Shiyami's eye shifted to the side, to glance at the Eiyon. They were rare enough that even the ghost, in his four hundred and odd years observing and interacting with the living, has only heard rumours off.

"Ill wind stirs. Best to be on your guard.", he muttered softly, mostly to himself, but also at his small companion who kept holding the back of his ethereal cloak. Kimi's response was two light tugs, as confirmation that she had heard and understood his need for wariness.
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on March 5th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Ethan felt a bit surprised that his idea had been accepted by the group. After all it was a very rough plan and Ethan was just thinking about helpful things that would help them survive. Still he was grateful for the support and realized that if anything went wrong, he would be responsible for the death or injury of his group, as such Ethan realized that he better gain Tina’s help or he was going to be in real trouble quickly.

When the caravan leader made his announcement, Ethan realized that their chance for survival went down a great deal. He had been hoping that all the groups would be organized and provide and overall map of the cave complex. Instead it seemed that the merchant house just wanted to throw bodies at the problem and for those that survive give them money for their efforts. So Ethan went over to Tina’s group realizing that he didn’t have a great deal to offer the more experienced group, but would still try to offer something. “Hey Tina!” Ethan waved at her hoping to catch her attention. As he came up to the young woman he smiled and stood there in awkward silence for a moment. “So, I am bit surprised that the merchant house isn’t organizing us a little better, and I was wondering…” Ethan sighed, he wasn’t sure if Tina would go for this or not, “Well, see my gang has a couple of ghosts that can scout tunnels paths with less danger and more speed than those of us still alive. We also have healing supplies and some knowledge of philtering and such so we can identify valuable plants or items with coatings. Yet what we lack is good combat and cave experience.” Ethan waved to the spelunking gear and the man with the axe. Ethan swallowed nervous that the young lady would see them more as a liability then an asset. “So I was wondering if we could perhaps combine our groups or just hang with you guys through the tunnels. I would be faster for the both of us, the ghosts scouting for you and you helping us with the climbing and whatever else is needed. I would even suggest any treasure that we find, you get first picks.” Ethan knew that would significantly lower the chances of the group finding something valuable, but he also knew that the price they paid in any treasure that they found would paid off double for their lack of experience. “What ya say Tina? Let us join ya for a bit?” Ethan suck out his hand hoping a deal would be made.

In the back of Ethan’s mind he wondered about the lone man, what had Tina called him an Eye-on? One of the ghosts had called him an Eidon as well, he knew it was a risk to have a servant of Dira with them, but Ethan also knew that if the man went down in the cave his chances for survival were little, even if he goddess didn’t accept his death, he could be trapped in their for a very long time. So though Ethan struggled with the decision of inviting one more person into his group, he wasn’t going to offend the Gods or at least in this case the Goddess of Death and force one of her servants to lose his way. So Ethan politely waiting for Tina’s response, hoping that if she needed more convincing he was ready to deal with her, but afterwards he knew that he would go over to the Eidon and ask if he would join their rag tag group.

Ethan went over to the Eidon and cleared his voice for a moment, he was spooked talking to one of her servants. Ethan never really wanted the Goddess of Death to look to closely at him, for fear that she might take him before his time. However, he knew what the right thing was and even if he was a servant of Dira, he was also a man that might need help in the caves. So with his head bowed and in a humble voice Ethan spoke, “Pardon, I noticed that you are not going in with a group. With all due respect, you can come with us if it does not burden you?”
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Words: 367863
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Roderick on March 18th, 2014, 8:09 pm

Considering their reputation he couldn't really be blamed. Squatting down to see the rough map Ethan was drawing, Roderick quietly listened and observed. While going as far into the ground as he could wasn't an appealing idea, he had to admit that would be his chosen hiding place if the world was being torn asunder, as it had when Ivak was raging at Kova's death. "Makes sense." the hunter said to the air, "Though nothing good can be living down there." He rubbed his hands together for warmth as Ethan handed out further instructions; equipment acquisition for Roderick and Aoren, scouting for their spectral companions. The older ghost started moving away on his own reconnaissance while the younger two agreed with Ethan's proposed plan. "Anyone see where the mage went?" He glanced about for a few tics, then rose and shrugged. "Looks like I'm hefting everything myself.

Finding the nearest caravan master was easy; she was making her presence very clear to everyone that would listen. Approaching and waiting for her latest tirade to quell, he nodded in greeting. "We were wondering if you had any gear to spare?" She tutted and shook her head. "Half of you are going on this job without even half of what you need!" With another look of disapproval she led him over to the nearest wagon and inquired about what he needed. "Anything and everything. I've food on me, so do the other two lads with me, I reckon. The ghosts won't need grub, or anything else really. We seem to be missing one, so that leaves just enough gear for two." Moving with great efficiency she plucked out everything that was needed - a startling array of different ropes and tools and things he didn't know existed - then dismissed him with a wave of the hand as she moved to her next concern.

It was with a slight hobble that he returned with what they'd been given, in time to see Ethan making his way towards the group led by Tina. A big fellow was giving information. Loudly. Ears nearly ringing Roderick fell into step beside Ethan. "We've some more food rations, a lantern, a couple of torches, different ropes and the like and... whatever the shyke the other stuff is." When they'd reached the more experienced adventurers he stood there listening to Ethan proposing a deal with the other group. The things he was carrying were quite heavy and it was taking a fair amount of effort to avoid dropping something. Waiting for Ethan to finish, he added after him "So if someone could help me before I drop this on someone's toes, that'd be great."
Last edited by Roderick on April 18th, 2014, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on April 9th, 2014, 5:16 am

Noaru

If the ancient spirit floated up to the cliff, he could see the large complex of mountains that housed the huge Aylasa cavern complex, it contained nothing much there, just more trees and slight shift of animals.

Shiyami and Kimi

The duo of ghosts could feel the slight trickle in their ethereal soul each time the Eiyon glanced at them, signaling that this particular hand of Death hid enormous power behind his hood and cloak, it would be in their best behavior not to annoy him, but of course, the Eiyon would not attack without provocation, Dira deemed him to help ghosts, hunting them should be a last resort if the ghost proved too insane to socialize and a danger upon the living.

Ethan

The bright girl named Tina turned her head as her name was called, she waved happily at Ethan, speaking to her group that she would speaking with the blacksmith for a while. Tina brought her hands to her hips as she giggled, "Well, they don't exactly draft us for it, we came on our own so I suppose... Valini expected us to bring our own gear, it kinda serves as a 'filter' on who was a real spelunker or a fool who doesn't know anything whay they are doing, no?" The young woman then listened as she glanced behind Ethan's shoulders to look at this ghost companions, "Neat! You got the dead with ya! Careful not to let them haunt you, booo~ ahaha!" Tina laughed heartily, lifting the mood, "Hmmm, I see, so you want both of us to tag along with each other?" Tina glanced back to her group, all of them nodded, a large smile from the big man with the axe. "Haha, nice! It seemed we are partners then!" Tina then took Ethan's hand then shook it.

The Eiyon simply slightly shifted his gaze at the approaching male, the man kept silent for a few ticks then spoke in his quiet voice, "I am here to watch over both the dead and the living, Dira deems it so," a flash of bright brown eyes that almost looked golden peered from his hood as he bowed slightly as well, "I am but Her servant, if you are willing to accept Dira in your hearts, I will be there to assist you." He didn't give a straight answer, but it was most likely he would come with them, "Take note of those lost souls lingering inside the cavern, they may be less cordial than your ghostly companions." With that the Eiyon went silent once more as he kept his watch on the ghosts.

Roderick

"Hmm, gear?" The caravan supply quartermaster, a middle-aged human female named "Petra" glanced at the young archer as she brought up her parchment, procuring a quill on her right hand, she noted Roderick's name, led him to the supplies, then gave him what he needed. They better found something useful in there, these supplies didn't come cheap.

Party

With them all set, the party was now ready to venture into the cavern, now consisted of the original group combined with Tina's group of four and then the mysterious servant of Dira. Once they entered the caves, the breezy forest winds would immediately dim down, replaced by howling of air passing through the hollow holes among the cavern walls, their journey had just begun.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Noaru on April 25th, 2014, 6:34 pm

OOCSorry for the late reply and poor response :( things have been crazy lately.

Noaru turns around to see the Eiyon, giving Kimi and Shiyami a piercing gaze. He grins, thinking the Eiyon might have plans for the two ghosts or simply was interested in Shiyami. Noaru turns his attention to the cliff face before him, which looms overhead with a foreboding presence. The idea of treasure or the possibility of it being up there was to enticing. Noaru levitates off the ground and flies upwards; his fully materialized form, flying through the air, catches the attention of a few people.

Noaru did not pay attention to this and scans the cliff face. He notices only that which was to be expected…rocks and more rocks. Noaru was displeased by this and continues to levitate upwards. He finds his displeasure dissipating before the magnificence of the mountains—calming was their visage. Noaru turns from the wondrous structure of nature and looks down to see the distance between him and the ground and the people that were staring at him, as he floats in mid-air.

“I should return to the earth.”

Noaru descends to the ground with his arms folded, showing no fear of the height he occupied. In a few chimes he was back on the ground. Noaru avoided making eye contact with those that were looking in his direction and did not like the idea of many being aware of his presence. He chooses invisibility for visibility and lingers near Kimi and Shiyami, knowing they and the pesky Eiyon would be aware of his presence.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext