Quest [Aylasa Caves] Spelunking We Go! (Full)

An expedition to explore the Aylasa Caves. Player limit reached, quest now closed.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Aylasa Caves] Spelunking We Go! (Full)

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on November 7th, 2013, 2:18 pm

Ethan thought over the responses of the other people carefully. Aoren just like Ethan was here for knowledge, the pursuit of something that had been lost. Roderick sounded as if he just wanted to go into the caves to brag a little bit about it, and recover some long ago lost thing. Though Ethan dreamed of some type of armor or grand sword from an elite soldier, he also thought that it wasn’t practical. Real knowledge and understanding came from the struggle to obtain it, and if that axiom was true, then Ethan wasn’t sure he was prepared for struggle to obtain such things. So instead of putting down Roderick’s vision of money and glory, he didn’t say anything to contradict it.

The ghosts, however, were much more a mystery. Shiyami, said that he was here because of his daughter. Well Ethan assumed it was some sort of family member either through living or adaptation, but he wasn’t really sure. Ethan pondered the overall conversation for a moment and spoke, “You know I was wondering,” looking at Shiyami, “would you be willing to scout the caves for us? I mean now that you know we are looking for books, workshops, armor or weapons. I presume that you don’t need to sleep or eat, and the fact that you don’t have a solid body would mean that you can’t be stuck in some rock, but I am really not sure how fast you can move or if you have to climb things…” Ethan knew he was ignorant about ghosts, and he wasn’t sure about the dangers that could hurt them. Then again he wasn’t really sure if he could offer them anything in trade or help them anyway.

Ethan remembered that there was a magic that interacted with ghosts, but since he had very little dealings with them he never had considered it. For a moment Ethan, pondered the question for a moment and decided to ask it anyway. “I might now be asking about a sensitive topic, but I know there is a magic that deal with those that have passed. I only ask, because I wasn’t sure if there was anything that can be done to help you with it during our venture down in the caves, or if there was a possibility of you being able to help one learn it? Please if I have offended, I didn’t mean to.” Ethan looked at Aoren and then Roderick. He really wasn’t trying to learn a new magic, but if there was something that the ghosts could think of that would help them within the cave, then learning a little bit of the magic might help… or drive him crazy. Ethan, truly thought over the manner and knew that it had been a risk to ask if the ghost were willing to teach someone magic that could affect them, but then again he didn’t even know if it could be done or if they were stable enough to be trusted.

As Ethan thought over the request, he didn’t say that he was volunteering, only if it was possible and Ethan realized that even more talks would have to happen before he trusted one of them to think about teaching magic of ghosts to him. Right now he was thinking that Shiyami or the girl would be possible. The other ghost seemed to be quiet and not all together talkative.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Words: 367863
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Aoren on November 10th, 2013, 6:17 pm

Aoren didn't altogether like the dark aura that seemed to emanate from the quiet spirit lingering on the outskirts of their group. He made no comment on it but his eyes narrowed slightly as he looked at the spirit that seemed to be consumed with his own thoughts. He couldn't prove it but just staring at the ethereal being gave him a sense of unease. It was as if shadows and secrets clung to the being where they otherwise shouldn't have. In his experience dealing with otherworldly thing such an ominous sense never heralded a pleasant outcome. As it seemed they would be venturing together however he would only be as cautious as he needed to be. There was no sense in casting judgment where no judgment was warranted.

Ghosts, after all, were beings that went through some horrific event that caused them to become ghosts. At least that was Aoren's experience with them. Beyond that he knew very little about the actual nature of ghosts. To him they were as varied as the people he interacted with on a daily basis. All of that aside, he still didn't like the feeling he got when he stared at the dark spirit.

He listened as intently as was polite to the responses that came from the various members of their group. Roderick, of course, was there out of sense of adventure. He could respect that. Syliras could be a little dull sometimes. Aoren himself often felt the need to get out and explore. In his youth he had spent a great deal of time exploring the landscape around the immediate vicinity of the Fortress City of Peace. He'd gained a respectable amount of knowledge on the geography because of it.

Shiyami's mention of chakrams in relation to Kouri surprised him. He hadn't seen her with weapons of any sort when he'd encountered but as he thought about it the idea didn't seem all too surprising. He supposed even ghosts needed way to defend themselves from the myriad of dangers that existed in the world.

"I might now be asking about a sensitive topic, but I know there is a magic that deal with those that have passed. I only ask, because I wasn’t sure if there was anything that can be done to help you with it during our venture down in the caves, or if there was a possibility of you being able to help one learn it? Please if I have offended, I didn’t mean to." Aoren arched a single eyebrow when the subject of magic was brought into play. Of the assembled he had no way of gauging who knew about magic and who didn't. He did however know a few things about the magic that Ethan was inquiring about.

"That magic you're referring to is called Spiritism." Aoren didn't offer up anything further about the subject. Truthfully that was all he knew about it. Spiritism was the discipline devoted to the study and exploration of the ethereal beings known as ghosts. Or at least that was what he thought the discipline was focused on. If it could do more than that he had no idea. He didn't practice the magic but there were times when he considered delving into more of the disciplines. At the moment however he was content with the three he knew. He only had a firm grasp on one of those three with other two sorely lacking in expertise.

Turning his attention to the rest of the expeditionary party he noticed that the time for socializing seemed to be over as Roderick pointed out. Nodding in silent agreement he adjusted his grip on his quarterstaff deciding to head out as the expedition was apparently beginning to gather in preparation for some announcement.

Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Radiant on November 12th, 2013, 4:12 pm

Hunters, mercenaries, miners, adventurers, ghosts, and all kinds of interesting people and groups gathered. Their reasons might be different from one another, but there was one thing they shared, a drive for them to decide to participate in the expedition. Whether it was gold, glory, fame, excitement, or just plain boredom.

A figure was watching the ghosts intently, from beneath the hooded cloak, one could only discern that this figure was most likely male. His hands were hidden beneath his attire, brushing something. He suddenly approached the group, locking his hidden eyes on the ethereal beings. "Those who are locked in a state between life and death, please resolve whatever is holding you from moving on and return to Dira." His voice was deep and flowing. Both Noaru and Shiyami could feel immense amount of power just bubbling from the man.

His tanned right hand suddenly reached out from beneath his cloak, brushing against Noaru's soulmist body, touching him directly even though he was not materialized. "I feel you are old and I sense darkness within you but also light, spirit. Return to Dira once your goals are fulfilled and I warn you, do not anger her." He gripped Noaru's body, the man's soulmist overwhelming the thousand year old spirit's body. "Old yet... weak, unusual." Then he turned his attention to Shiyami and Kimi. "You two, I sense tragedy within you both. It's unfortunate but one must move on. Find your peace and go to Dira." Without regarding the Aoren, Ethan, nor Roderick, he turned around and leave the party.

"Woah, that was one intense dude, right?" A bright young woman with leather armor and a sword on her hip was suddenly beside the party, her dark blonde hair and bright green eyes emitting a cheerful attitude akin to naive young adventurers. "Name's Tina! Nice to meet you all!" The young human female adventurer then made her way to shake each of the man's hands, with the exception of the ghosts since she couldn't touch them unlike the cloaked man earlier. "You know, they say that the creepy dude is an... whatcha call it? Oh, Eye-on. One of Death's right hand, scary isn't it?" The young woman whispered, but her voice held no fear whatsoever, only excitement. "Anywhoozies! I hope we'll have some spelunking fun in the caves! Who knows, maybe I can find myself a nice golden sword that shoot yellow light or something!" She waved and skipped away from the party, heading to her own group.

It was time to go, an instructor then shouted, gaining the attention of all of the participants. It was a tall man with muscled body and light metal armor. "Alright, you lots! Time to go! For those who don't have horses! You'll go by carriage!" His large hand motioned to a pair of large carriages pulled by no less than six horses. Some guards of the Valini merchant house would organize the adventurers, ushering them into carriages for those who didn't have a horse to ride on their own. After all was set, the carriages would begin heading south along the Kabrin Road, then West until then they came upon the Avitar River. From there, the group would disembark and traced along the riverside until they arrived at the Aylasa Caves.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Roderick on November 12th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Roderick was the first to board one of the carriages. Without a horse to carry him to his destination he was forced to rely upon this unfamiliar mode of transport. He was just as surprised as the others when the strange man came marching over to them all and began making demands of the ghosts - telling them that they were to move on. All of the beings were utterly incorporeal, yet he could seize hold of them as though they were made of flesh and bone, his grip strong and his words fierce. After sending them all into a dumbfounded silence he simply turned around and stalked away from them without another word. Just as abruptly as that man had arrived a girl appeared too, speaking cheerfully to them all about the work they would be doing now. Tina was her name, and she told them about how the man they'd just was an Eiyon - one of Dira's servants. It made sense, really, now that she'd pointed it out. Brushing the stranger from his mind Roderick turned his attention to a tall armoured man that was barking instructions at them.

The hunter followed through with them swift enough, seeking shelter from the breeze within one of the carriages that had been offered for their use. Once safely wrapped up inside he waited for the other members of the group to climb in, tapping his boots against the floor in a made up rhythm as he let the time pass by. As the carriage began moving its occupants shifted in their seats somewhat, leaning from side to side as the momentum of the horses movements set the transports bulk swaying.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on November 13th, 2013, 8:20 pm

The sound of a man’s voice echoed beside Noaru, he could hear the man and also feel him. The human, or being he was held the presence and feeling of a spiritist and ghost. Noaru turned around, only to have a hand touch and grab his cloak . Noaru felt, in that moment, a familiar concept... death. The beings power was strong almost intrusive, as if it was trying to, or had understood a part of the ethereal.

Noaru raised the portion of his soulmist that was touched by the stranger and noticed no differences—it remained unchanged. However, something within the spirit cringed, sparking a thing he hadn’t felt in a long time, wrath. Noaru openly expressed his scorn and hatred towards the stranger in the form of a smug grin. He despised people, who like this Eiyon looked down on ghosts—his familiar race. Noaru would later on walk around in Syliras, fully materialized just to spite this Eiyon-meatsuit and other meatsuits like him.

“These Eiyon’s should free each other from the tyranny of the physical realm. The sting of death and obscene beauty of their rotting corpse, may grant them the knowledge and true beauty of death. ”

Noaru understood that this Dira was someone important to the stranger. Noaru once had someone important to him and avoids slandering the name or reputation of another individuals loved one. However, to return to this Dira was not an option; he did not know her or trust anything related to the divine or reincarnation. Noaru raises a hand and places it upon his chest; he had been damaged so deeply by divine energy that his very being, his soul grew sensitive to things that are divine. The ethereals reminiscence with his eternal spiritual scar was disturbed... by a cheerful warrior.

Tina was a simple name; her personality suited her dark blonde hair perfectly. Noaru lowered his hand and gave Tina a gentle nod before he absorbed her words and watched her as she went on her way. Noaru turned his attention to Ethan. The young soul was looking to delve into spiritism—another potential spiritist. The spirit was skeptical in responding to Ethan, as he knew the tricks those wretched spiritists used against ghosts. Noaru believed something good could come out of this, or a soulmist coated bolt to the chest for him. Noaru found it ironic; he hated spiritism, yet knew about the disciplines functions.

“I can help you learn the art, teaching you may be beyond my power. I can offer you knowledge on the discipline—it’ll come with a price, however. ”

Noaru did not wish for his words to sound ominous but the truth had been spoken—knowledge had a price. There were many and plenty of things Noaru sought after, power being a priority and knowledge being the secondary. The knowledge on the divine, weapons and magic were things he’d like to gather information on—knowledge was power is the era apparently. Noaru’s eyes squinted in Ethan’s direction—almost as if they were grinning. Noaru glances in Aoren’s direction, he wasn’t sure if the young soul was interested in him, or was suspicious of him: maybe both?

’—
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on November 14th, 2013, 5:19 am

"Magic to deal with ghosts? As the thee two have sad, that is Spiritism. Of course, that magic is usually used to deal with ghosts, so I should keep quiet on that matter.", he said with a small smile, a joking tone audible within his words.

With the coming of the strange and cloaked man, Shiyami was at first curious. This curiosity made way into caution, as the man started speaking about Dira, and moving on. Even after his years of learning and observing, he has never actually met the type of person most dangerous to ghosts. Yet, the rumors speak, whispering about the Eiyon, how they can even send a ghost through reincarnation. However, his caution turned into full blown hostility, as the Eiyon turned his attention towards himself, but more importantly Kimi, before telling them to move on. There is a line between creating balance, and forcing balance, petcher., he thought, with the image of the cloaked figure being ripped to thousands of pieces flashing through his mind. Taking a single step forward, he motioned his hand, and was about to run the man through with his scythe, before Kimi tugged on his sleeve, and slowly shook her head. "Tch.", Shiyami clicked his tongue, as the Eiyon walked away, with Shiyami carefully watching, the killing intent probably noticed by everyone. 

Sighing, he stepped back to his original position, before giving a sigh. That, and a overly bubbly and cheerful girl was apparently wanting to head into the caves. Well, there goes any chances of a quiet operation within the caves. Might as well rile up everything still moving in there., he mentally muttered darkly, his mood not fully lightened from the meeting with the Eiyon. His attention was diverted by a muscled man of the sorts. Wearing armor of that kind, he have off the feeling of a 'household guard'. Noticing the carriages that were being pulled by horses, and the obvious fact that it was for them, he sighed once again, before 'walking' towards one, and opened the door to maneuver his scythe in. Closing it, he then fazed through the door, with Kimi fazing through right after him. Both of them sat down, with Shiyami on the seat, and Kimi on his lap, oddly enough. Not his idea, visible by the eye roll and sigh.
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on November 16th, 2013, 12:18 pm

As Aoren gave voice to the name of the magic in question, Ethan nodded his thanks to the man. Spiritism. Ethan seemed to remember hints of some of its uses as tales told when he was a boy, but in truth, he was beginning to understand that stories and the truth were often two different things. Ethan was about to say something when a man walked up and with an apparent power talked about the three ghosts in there party. Ethan watched the man make contact with the seemingly dark being to his side. It was as if the man knew the ghosts purpose and was trying to help them on passing on. Ethan was quiet on the subject, he had been raised to understand that once you died, your soul could would either be stuck here as a ghost or some sort of undead, if your worship of Leth or Syna was pure enough you could be given spots in there realms, or you would move on to be reincarnated. Ethan watched the man interact with the ghosts and thought that if he had a choice he didn’t want to stuck here. In fact the only thing that Ethan could imagine waiting to stay here after he died was to ensure protection of his children or wife. Then again Ethan had heard about the Ethaefal as a child, it seemed that tall tales had been spoke about the Syna and Leth taking people from the cycle of rebirth and giving them a sense of peace. Yet, there was a nagging feeling in Ethan, a feeling that if he would die tomorrow did he really warrant the attention of a god or goddess? No, it was much more likely that he would move onto the cycle of rebirth and never be the wiser for it, and in a sense that sadden Ethan. At times, he did his best and tried to live by the rules, but what separates a follower of the rules and that of a good man?

The question nagged at the corners of his mind, so much that he almost missed the first part of Tina’s conversation. She certainly was a bundle of energy and words, Ethan laughed softly as she shaked his hand and he told her his name in returned. Ethan was glad that such a voice would be coming along with them, after all sometimes you needed a personality that was like the sun when in a dark place. When she left Ethan felt almost like a bit of energy of the group left with her, but then again it was possible that it was his own dark thoughts that had made he feel like it Tina had somehow lighten the mood. When the dark energy of the ghost next to him, spoke Ethan turned his attention to him. Ethan nodded as the ghost spoke about price of such knowledge. Ethan nodded at the advice, “Well, I expected there would be a price, and I am not quite ready to pay it just yet. It seems that there are no free lesson’s in magic.”

Ethan remembered his own experience with overgiving while learning shielding. Even the most basics could cause pain and hurt if not used properly, and he really didn’t want to repeat that experience. As strange as it was Ethan began to think of magic as a tool not as a weapon. Shielding took planning and thought even before you started to reach inner calm and began to bring forth the magick. Glyphing, a world magic, took knowledge and an understanding of how to form a sigil and what can be its triggers. Yet, it wasn’t just about knowledge or experience in the craft, a person had to have the wisdom not to over extend themselves and the imagination to use their limits to their advantage. “Thank you for the offer, perhaps… we will need to discuss more together before I am willing to consent to such teaching.”

Ethan turned to Shiyami and titled his head down slightly, “I did not mean to intrude, I will speak no more of Spiritism in your or your daughter’s presence.” Ethan meant it. He had hoped to talk more with Shiyami on the subject sense he seemed more real, more willing to talk, but the first part of respect and trust was establishing social boundaries. Ethan was aware that Shiyami didn’t want to teach or give knowledge to someone that could be a potential enemy, and Ethan agreed with the thought. Afterall, Ethan didn’t want to learn for someone that would take advantage of him or would lead him down a dangerous road. As such Ethan, wanted to learn more about the other ghost before he would even allow the thought of learning anything from him.

It seemed that the teamster leader of the group spoke up and it was time to start moving. Ethan started to move about, one of the merchant began ushering men and women to carriages. So Ethan spoke up, “Well, then let me square away my pack.” Ethan walked over to the carriage, really it was more wagon that carriage, as the merchants had put up a wooden frame on a wagon bed with a cloth overhang. Still it would protect the group from rain if it showed up and cut the cooling breeze from them. Ethan almost wished that he had a horse. He would have rather kept pace with group as an individual astride on horseback instead of in the carriage, but at least he would get soaked. Ethan stowed his pack carefully under a bench, tucking the backpack off to the side and then sitting down in the wooden seat. He was in the same carriage as Roderick and opened a slit in the cloth to look out at the crowd and scenery. A carriage ride was about as exciting as the wagon rides that Ethan would receive going to Syliras outposts. The nice thing about the ride was that Ethan loosened his helmet and tilted so that it would block the sun from his eyes. Ethan settled his back against one of the support beams as if to go to sleep. In truth, Ethan was tired, working a few night shifts at the ironworks and then training during the day had made his body grow weary. However, every night before bed he had gotten in the habit of working on shielding. Some nights it was nothing more than creating a small shield the size of a coin, while other night when he had the energy he would try to shield his whole body. So instead Ethan choose the moment to mediate slowly unwinding himself and relaxing. When the wagons started up it jolted Ethan out of his light trance, but the rhythm of gently moving back and forth, up and down, from the horses rocked Ethan slowly to sleep.

Softly it was the sudden stopping as the reached their destination that awoke Ethan, that and the instructor yelling to stop. Ethan readjusted his helmet back on and stretched in his seat as best as he could. His back and neck were tight from the ride, having to do with sleeping in an awkward position. Ethan was almost looking forward to the hike through the woods to the cave. He grabbed his pack with the others and made his way onward to the cave. Glad that all that running in the pits was about to pay off.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Words: 367863
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Aoren on November 21st, 2013, 1:17 am

Aoren paused in his gait as he was passed by a cloaked man who seemed to barrel past him. He turned watching the man only to witness him grab hold of the dark spirit and urge the ghosts present in their party to find resolution in whatever it was that bound them to this plane of existence. Aoren couldn’t say he entirely blamed the man for trying. The young man didn’t really have any issue with ghosts. He truly didn’t. He just didn’t think that ethereal beings such as they should be allowed to roam the world unchecked. He had yet to see or meet a truly malevolent ghost but he had hear enough stories around campfires or whispered on dark nights amidst a spring storm in the taverns to know that they existed. He believed that it was in response to such horrifying tales that the magic of Spiritism might have come into being. As a means to defend the less otherworldly creatures of the world against a foe that could potentially do whatever it wanted without consequence.

Aoren didn’t know much of anything about Spiritism. He knew that the proprietor of the shop in the Great Bazaar, Ethereal Notions, was supposedly a powerful practitioner of the magic. He could see the practical need for defending oneself against the otherworldly beings called ghosts. They were, one and all, mad on some level. That much was plain to anyone by simply interacting with them long enough. He made no mistake of believing otherwise. That was not to say all of them were wicked and deserving of condemnation such as the man urging them to their graves called for but still…Aoren could see why he wanted them gone.

However pure, ghosts are still things that have no ending. They have no resolution. I wonder, what keeps these beings from walking into Dira’s embrace?” Aoren glanced at the specters once again. The morose looking man known as Shiyami, his companion Kimi and the dark spirit that Aoren didn’t quite catch the name of, all of them were clinging to something. To what? That was a puzzling question that Aoren didn’t know he wanted to find the answer to. However, the notion of helping a ghost find some sort of closure did appeal to Aoren’s nature. He made a mental note to himself.

If you make it out of these caves alive, Aoren go visit the Spiritist of Ethereal Notions. See if you can learn from her.

He didn’t believe for a minute that seeking knowledge would come without cost. It didn’t much matter to Aoren regardless. There was certainly no harm in trying. He could have spent all the time in the world believing she might never teach him a scrap about Spiritism but if he didn’t try he would never get the opportunity to find out otherwise. He certainly wasn’t going to request any of the ghosts present teach him a thing about the discipline. He didn’t know them well enough let alone trust them.

The young man was on his way to the carriages by the time the servant of Dira departed the group. He hadn’t stuck around long enough to give the man much thought. It was no business of Aoren’s if the man did his best to usher the ghosts back into the arms of the Death Goddess that was, after all, the natural cycle of things. As for the bubbly newcomer, Aoren didn’t bat an eyelash at her. Hopping into one of the carriages he sat down on the hard wooden interior noting they weren’t of the comfortable variety but he sat down without complaint.

Whether his comrades joined him in the carriage or not didn’t interrupt Aoren’s contemplative silence. He would nod if acknowledged or politely comment if questioned but beyond that he kept to himself until they arrived at the caves. Having been to the Aylasa Caves before Aoren wasn’t surprised by the sight that awaited them once they arrived. Deciding that the depths of the caves would not be well suited for a travel robe he removed it and rolled it up packing it away into his body-pack. Aoren grasped his quarterstaff stepping out of the carriage he’d ridden in taking in a deep breath of fresh air.

Probably the last few breaths of freshness you’re going to get for a while, Aoren. Enjoy it now.” He smirked to himself walking over to where the expedition was assembling falling in line next to Ethan once he spotted him.

“This ought to be exciting.” He gave Ethan Ironhorse a smirk. Truth be told, Aoren was greatly looking forward to exploring the caves and not just because it was a chance to discover something new. It was a chance to, quite simply, explore and that was an activity Aoren enjoyed in and of itself.

Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Radiant on November 21st, 2013, 11:27 am

The journey with the carriages was, as expected, eventless and boring. The horses pulled them through the Kabrin Road, known to be very safe due to the constant Knight patrol. By the time they arrived at they arrived at the Avitar River, Syna was high in the sky. The carriages stopped and the adventurers prepared to disembark. There were about twenty adventurers, including the party, and six Valini guards. After all had disembarked, the guards' leader immediately commanded the adventurers to travel on foot or horse if any of them brought one.

The Bronze Woods was peaceful as usual with chirps of birds and lush green scenery, deer grazing, swimming fishes visible from the river's clear water. With how large the group was, they needn't to worry about predators attacking them. Only foolish or very powerful wild creatures would attack such a group.

The adventurers journeyed both in groups and individually. The cloaked Eiyon obviously travelled alone, his concealed features never leaving the three ghosts. He sensed trouble coming, especially from the ancient spirit. With the spirit's rather weak presence, the Eiyon didn't worry much, but he would strike it down the moment it showed hostility to the living. The male ghost with his little girl companion was even weaker in presence, but he carried a weapon, which the Eiyon would use against him should he try anything funny.

Meanwhile, Tina was travelling with her group. Four members in total including herself. A tall axe-wielding man, a medium-build male archer, and a female navigator who carried various spelunking equipments. They looked prepared. The green-eyed blond was speaking whispered words with her group, her eyes locking themselves the party.

If the party wanted to make their final preparations and organize individual groups, it was the perfect time to do so.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Roderick on November 23rd, 2013, 12:51 am

The journey to the caves proved about as interesting as listening to someone give a lecture about the benefits of bird watching. Ethan shut his eyes and swiftly descended into sleep as the rocking and swaying of the carriage lulled him like a mother caressing her child. Leaning back in his chair Roderick closed his eyes and let the world fade away into the background as he let his mind wander. Aimlessly flicking through the different thoughts and images that sprang up inside his head, he occasionally cracked an eye open whenever he heard one of the more significant bumps of the carriage moving. Each time he did so he waited for a few tics to make sure it wasn't anything to worry about, before he delved back into his thoughts.

Aoren commented about how things would be exciting; he said it to Ethan at some point, though exactly when alluded Roderick, since he was so caught up in his thinking he missed anything that might have been seen between the two. While he was at it he replayed the events that had taken place outside between the Eiyon and the three ghosts. Had he missed anything of importance? Nothing of particular interest sprang to mind - at least, nothing that stood out above the rest of the strange encounter. The man had simply radiated power and menace, though it seemed the ghosts were the only ones to be truly affected by him.

The one that appeared to be the oldest of the spectres had been the first to suffer through the man's attentions; Shiyami and Kimi had soon come under scrutiny, the man's words sharply telling them to move on. Roderick soon dismissed the man, finding more interest in what was keeping the ghosts in the mortal realm; he knew nothing about any of them, so he couldn't decide anything on his own, but he knew that ghosts stayed behind when they had unresolved issues they wanted to deal with. The ancient ghost had been lingering for several centuries, it seemed, and the question of what was so important for him that he had refused to reincarnate was a topic he would be interested in learning about - though he wasn't quite ready to ask him straight out.

No, instead he'd just keep his distance and avoid any conflict with them. Shiyami and his younger companion seemed like the less threatening of the trio, what with their rather calm, placid manner. They could very well be hiding a darker personality though, so the archer decided he would take up a stance of general caution for every ghost that was involved. Opening his eyes sunlight flooded into them, colours and shades altering sharply as his vision blacked out and refocused as they adjusted to the new light. Glancing outside through a small opening in the carriage that served as a window, he could see all the other members of their expedition moving about outside, a fair number mounted on horses, though the vast majority seemed to have taken shelter within the other wagons.

That was another thing to be remember about the caves; there was safety in numbers, and he had never been into this particular network. Unless he wanted to die the Zeltivan knew it was in his best interests to stay in close proximity to the rest of the group. The ex-farrier Ethan had been practicing with his weapons recently, which would help them if they got into any trouble - that was assuming the man had achieved a decent level of proficiency. If he was only a novice with his weapon then his competency in combat was far more questionable. The Drykas, Aoren, was the other Human that was taking part in this expedition, and he seemed rather lightly equipped; in his travel robes and armed with his staff he didn't make for a particularly threatening image, though Roderick was well aware of how much being hit with a stick hurt.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext