[Silverwine Tavern] Meeting of friends, new and old [Closed]

Thread is for Vinrir, Pyros, Jassil and Merinil.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The fortified mountain city of the Isur. [Lore]

Postby Vinrir Stoneheart Sultros on September 10th, 2012, 12:53 pm

Vinrir was thankful for the support of his elder friend Pitrius. Vinrir knew his friend was doing what he could and would continue in this, but it was still frustrating. The Sultros Isur knew he asked a high price of people, some too young and some older, but he could not sit by idly as they flew headlong into a mess and possibly their furthered destruction. He had high hopes for his race, sometimes to the point of idealism and unattainable goals, though he did not see this himself. He saw what he wanted as attainable and plausible most times.

”I thank you my friend. You speak truth that not all might see the same as I do, but they are fools if they do not. You have heard the rumors as well as I have of the increased attacks. You have seen more Hammer members being sent out to the outposts.” Vinrir took a breath to calm his nerves. The Isur had always been a stubborn race and fractured among the clans, even after the Valterrian where the alliance between clans was limited at best.

Vinrir snorted at Jassil as she made her comment about males, talking down about them as did nearly every Terras female,
”You would not have some of the knowledge and training you did were it not for us males, or did you forget that part of your history, Jassil?” His comment was a bit harsh-toned, but he was not going to let her forget his aid to her years ago in her start of training outside of Terras Citadel. He did not have a chance to say anything about her age before Merinil rattled off a comment, her tone annoyed and tired of his ranting and going off the handle. He leveled his eyes to hers in silence. This was an old routine, where his heated emotions and her iron-cold demeanor clashed, especially over her.
Virres interrupted Vinrir’s intended comment with his words, momentarily stalling a fight between the red and yellow-armed Isur. The Colgias-born Isur spoke truth in his words, wise for one younger than most here, as well as the second person talking any sort of sense into Vinrir’s head over his attitude and ambitions.
”My brother, I appreciate your words. They are true, and wiser than one for your age. It is frustration at watching a fire burn as we argue which Clan has the best vision or idea of how to quench the hungry flames. As for Merinil and what you said,” he turned his eyes to her again while still speaking to Virres and then her, ”it is true no single member constitutes a clan. As for your honor, you may have it dear friend. I seek not to coddle you like a newborn still feeding from his mother, but to see you as the sign from Izurdin you are. I see you, more Clan Uluth than you, as hope for something from our god and the lack of recognition of this as the race turning their face from Izurdin in some fashion. I might be wrong in my thoughts and there are those who disagree with me and would have me silenced about my views, but that is another matter.”

Vinrir looked around at his friends and raised his hand for another mug of Isurian Ale, Pelini bringing it to him and setting it down with a smile. He thanked her and took a long pull from it, feeling it calm his emotions a bit as the warmth of the ale coursed through his body. Not normally one to drink, on occasion he sought a strong drink to calm himself, enjoying the pleasing feeling of Isurian Ale.
Vinrir Stoneheart Sultros
For honor of Clan and Family

Words: 21860
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2012, 12:41 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Merinil on October 21st, 2012, 5:43 pm

She knew that every sip of Silverwine was bad for her. She could feel it, she could tell when something wasn't good inside. But she didn't know how to fix her problems, so she took the easy way out - drink.

She bit her lip, but she didn't reply to anything Vinrir said. She was a clan of one, and it wasn't very fun, at that. Well, two if she counted Iskarsir. That damn cat, she hadn't seen him all day. He was probably walking around the plaza, mewing for scraps.

"Many people think of me like that." 'Like what?', someone would ask.

An object.
„ As the yellow gold is tried in fire, so the faith of friendship must be seen in adversity. “
Merinil
I am strength.

Words: 13513
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 1:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Caelum on December 16th, 2013, 3:20 pm

Thread Award

Vinrir

Skills
Leadership +2
Observation +2
Persuasion +2
Politics +1
Rhetoric +2
Socialization +2
Unarmed Combat +1

Lores
Sultros Location: Silverwine Tavern
Inter-Clan Diplomacy

Jassil

Skills
Socialization +2

Lores
Vinrir's Ambition

Virres

Skills
Negotiation +1
Observation +2
Persuasion +1
Rhetoric +1
Singing +1

Lores
Vinrir's Ambition

Notes

I am sad this didn’t continue. It was very interesting! Retired PCs did not receive grades. Should you emerge eventually from retirement, you can PM me to request your grade. Jassil, should you return, please link your CS to your profile. It makes things easier for us graders. :) You can find this through User Control Panel > Profile > Character Sheet > Submit.

Please edit the grade request post to reflect completion and, as ever, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous