[Flashback] The Professor's Daughter (Azilis)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Hadrian on July 15th, 2010, 9:27 pm

He watched her, intent now that he was letting go of the higher state of his senses as well as of consciousness. It was, indeed, good practice. He would have to write his thoughts down in is journal later to help him revisit it all later. He had so many notebooks full of his notes; the one he had for auristics was not quite so full, but he had made so much headway today first with the professor and then with his daughter, that he would be writing for at least an hour.

"You have time before you have to decide," he assured her. "For now I think you are doing the right thing with auristics. It's such an important tool for everything else."

His smile was punchy as he set his hands down beside him as if he were steadying himself to rise -- but not quite yet.

"That was good," he agreed. "But now I should probably get home while I can still see straight. I'll see you soon, I hope. We can practice more or pick apart my idea about the Flux..."

OOCFeel free to wrap it up if you like.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Azilis Theroulde on July 19th, 2010, 5:09 pm

Azilis nodded as she swept her heavy hair off her neck to wipe away the sweat that had accumulated while they had practiced. “Thanks, Hadrian. You don't know how comforting it is to know someone believes that...that I do have time to make these decisions and everything. Sounds cheesy, I know, but it's what I needed to hear.” She stood slowly, bracing herself against the wall in case her legs refused to obey her after sitting still for so long, and glanced at one of the university clock towers in the distance. Her mouth fell open in shock as she realized that they had been sitting there, quiet and studious, for almost an hour. “By Tanroa, it's been a long time! I didn't realize...my father will be...” She shook her head. “Well, it hardly matters, that was worth it. Father's probably just puttering around the classroom anyway. His grasp on time is just about as tenuous as mine is.”

“And I'd love it if we could get together sometimes and talk magic, although I'll probably sound like an idiot compared to you. I would still enjoy it, though. Since most people my age don't understand magic at all, you know. They think I'm a freak and all that.”
The corners of her mouth turned up in response to his smile. “Best of luck on all your arcane endeavors, Hadrian. May we meet again soon.” Impulsively, she leaned down and embraced him in a quick hug, then stepped back, her mind awhirl with hardly-tangible images and sensations from the things she had seen and felt that afternoon, and turned the knob to her father's classroom door.

END
~O, wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't!~

-Miranda, The Tempest
Azilis Theroulde
Aurist in Training

Words: 57571
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2010, 2:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Power Fork (1)

Postby Book__wyrm on August 14th, 2010, 12:17 am

Hadrian: 5 Auristics, 4 Meditation, 1 Rhetoric

Azilis: 5 Auristics, 4 Meditation

Lore: Novice methods of changing one’s Aura, the possibility of simultaneous Seeing between two people.

Nice. Very nice. I'm not sure if it's actually possible to See him Seeing you, but I'm not too worried about it. The lore is for both of you.
Book__wyrm
Orderly Chaos, Chaotic Order.

Words: 12917
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2010, 12:41 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous