Hello, lovely people!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello, lovely people!

Postby Thomas Corbin on December 25th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Hey everybody, I'm new here, and new to roleplaying in general. You'll know me as Thomas, so you may as well call me by that. :)

I'd like to wish you all a merry Christmas, and also to wish you to take a look at my first thread (6 views so far - plain rude!) :D

PS it's here: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic44296.html

:paranoid:
~I may steal your money and possessions, but the main thing I want is your knowledge.~
Thomas Corbin
Player

Words: 2440
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2013, 9:30 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Hello, lovely people!

Postby Translucent on December 25th, 2013, 6:58 pm

Welcome to Mizahar Thomas :) Just a few things. It is Christmas (Christmas Eve) when you posted so that will effect the amount of views a topic gets as many are spending the holidays offline.

Another thing is your thread is written in First person. Here in Mizahar we write in third person. Past tense is preferred but not so strictly enforced as long as you don't jump from Past to present too much *guilty of that myself and trying to fix ..*

Also don't forget about Time stamping. Where you date your threads. We are currently in the Winter of 513. So 1-92 day, Winter, 513 for a present thread.

Once again Welcome to Mizahar!
Translucent
To be Translucent is to be Vulnerable.

Words: 187106
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 12:59 am
Race: Staff account

Hello, lovely people!

Postby Thomas Corbin on December 26th, 2013, 12:42 am

Translucent wrote:Welcome to Mizahar Thomas :) Just a few things. It is Christmas (Christmas Eve) when you posted so that will effect the amount of views a topic gets as many are spending the holidays offline.

Another thing is your thread is written in First person. Here in Mizahar we write in third person. Past tense is preferred but not so strictly enforced as long as you don't jump from Past to present too much *guilty of that myself and trying to fix ..*

Also don't forget about Time stamping. Where you date your threads. We are currently in the Winter of 513. So 1-92 day, Winter, 513 for a present thread.

Once again Welcome to Mizahar!

Ah yes, I noticed that everyone was writing in third person. May I ask why? It just makes less sense to me to do so as this is a roleplay site - with 1st person you are in character; third person you are on the outside looking in. That just confused me a little :(

...Oh dear, I don't jump tenses, do I? Damn. This is why I should proofread...
~I may steal your money and possessions, but the main thing I want is your knowledge.~
Thomas Corbin
Player

Character sheet

Hello, lovely people!

Postby Translucent on December 26th, 2013, 12:50 am

No I have trouble with Tenses, the guidelines state 3rd person Past tense so that is just why I explained.

The 3rd person is how most RP site write in. It falls inline with most novelists writing style, and it is easier to follow threads if everyone is writing in the same person.

Frankly I prefer 3rd person because I am me not my PC's or any NPC's that I write.
Translucent

Hello, lovely people!

Postby Thomas Corbin on December 26th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Translucent wrote:No I have trouble with Tenses, the guidelines state 3rd person Past tense so that is just why I explained.

The 3rd person is how most RP site write in. It falls inline with most novelists writing style, and it is easier to follow threads if everyone is writing in the same person.

Frankly I prefer 3rd person because I am me not my PC's or any NPC's that I write.

I can see how 3rd person makes a thread easier to read, but I thought the point of roleplay was to get in character. Oh well, never mind :p
So do I have to write in 3rd person from now on?
Thomas Corbin
Player

Character sheet

Hello, lovely people!

Postby Translucent on December 26th, 2013, 4:41 pm

As much abuse as I put my characters through I wouldn't want to get too incharacter :D

Yes write in 3rd person from now on :)
Translucent