[Taylani's Scrapbook] Taylani's randomness

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Taylani on December 29th, 2013, 7:44 pm

I am so completely and totally blessed, that is my mantra. You know, I don't know of a single person whose life is 100% charmed. That they roses bloom in their footsteps, they just but think of a desire and it is granted, and they have never ever experienced personal loss. I don't know of a single person who has never had a bad day, or a bad week...or heck even a bad year (2013 go to a very very warm place!). Yet there are those among us who suffer in silence when they are having a bad moment. There are those who. even though they are breaking on the inside and crying out, put on a brave smile and still push through.

There are those who will do anything they can to avoid talking about anything bad in their lives so that they do not bother or weigh other people down. There are those who are not out there seeking attention and making dramatic flops with huge sighs *looks at my 14 year old who has perfected the dramatic flop-sigh on the couch* who simply smile behind sad eyes and assure everyone that they are okay.

There are those who will bite their tongue, erase things in a message because they don't want to hurt a person's feelings even though theirs is laid open bloody. Then when this same person finally just has had enough and wants to go and compose themselves in private they offend people by walking away which is another dagger to their need to not hurt other people's feelings.

I am not one of those people, not truly. I am not at all able to internalize everything, I have too much of a need to talk, too much of a need to bond with someone to be able to really shelter myself the way that some are able.

So instead when I am having a really horrible day or few days I count my blessings. You don't have to be Christian or any religions to count your blessings. Take stock in your life of what all you have, and what all you have that others would give their right arm for.

Be thankful for the little things. The ability to sleep without medications, the ability to breath without a machine, the ability to voice the bajillion of thoughts in your head appropriately because news flash..not all of us have these abilities that we take for granted. It is amazing the things you realized how much you take for granted when those abilities are taken away from you.

So to all of you out there who are suffering with things in silence, no matter how great or small, I empathize and offer my prayers.

On a happy note I just experimented and made myself chocolate-Raspberry flavored tea using a left over Christmas Candy Canes (in the flavor of Chocolate Raspberry) Yum!

Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taylani on January 1st, 2014, 4:23 pm

Happy New year Mizahar! 2013 is behind us, 2014 woohoo..Looking ahead and not behind.

Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on January 11th, 2014, 2:50 am

Frozen Niagara falls

x
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Abstract on January 11th, 2014, 12:34 pm

Hm... when did the lights get there? And it looks kinda... funny. Probably because I'm used to seeing it from the other side :P

Anyways, going behind them when they're frozen is pretty funky!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Taylani on January 13th, 2014, 6:27 pm

I have never ever been there. It was on my newsfeed about a frozen picture going viral (I didn't bother to read the article because I really rarely care about what is currently "viral" or "trending" or whatever else is popular to say). However I thought the picture was spectacularly pretty :) Still do. If it is photoshopped then its done and it is still a spectacularly beautiful picture. On a site where almost every Boxcode and a good many avatars are photoshopped to represent races etc, I imagine that one can find beauty in even photoshopped pciures.

That being said. This scrap post is really just having to do with swearing. Yes prude alert I am ranting on the overabundance of swear words. I really have no problems with the occasional swear, I don't use them myself I take pride in being able to stretch my vocabulary to display my frustration, anger, annoyance, surprise, and even happiness without resorting to vulgarity. However I don't mind when others resort to using swears to express such feelings. Using the occasional F bomb or the entirely inaccurate reference to a female dog is really not going to bother me.

When your sentence is 3 Non-swears and 7 swear words.. it will make my eyes cross. It falls in line with being vulgar just to get a reaction, I hate that. I despise movies that have gratuitous violence, sex, swearing just to bump the ratings. It drives me insane. I guess it is because I have always even as a child viewed overly sexed conversations, jokes, references as Juvenile and immature. And I view excessive (note this is Excessive. Not the occasional swear... read my above example) swearing in the same light. One F-bomb does the job of expressing yourself..three in one sentence is just gratuitous and reminds me of a 13 year old who found a swear word and enjoys whispering it because he knows his parents will freak out if they heard him say it.

Now sex, violence, and swears have their place. I 100% believe that, in both movies, books, writing etc. But for the love of Pete guys we should at least try to flex our vocabulary so that if Miz was censored our sentences wouldn't look like this

" Hiya @*#@#^$%! How the #@#^# are #*$*^#$ you!"

I want to specify that almost all of Miz are quite adept at not using the above sentence, this scrap was mostly aimed at else site chatter :P

Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Edreina on January 13th, 2014, 10:55 pm

This. Simply this. I cannot agree more. Excessive cursing shows, in my opinion, an utter lack of intelligence. I'm about to PM you with an idea, by the way... ;)
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous