Open [Event] The Denvali Party

A party is held in the Denvali Quarter!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Event] The Denvali Party

Postby Eldritch on December 17th, 2013, 10:48 pm

80th of Winter, 513 AV

The Denvali Quarter was abuzz with activity as Leth cast his light over Zeltiva, unusual considering the events of last season. The chill of winter was thick in the air, bitter and bitingly cold as the winds were carried down from the hills. The influx of people seemed to know where to go however, following them one would come upon a rather modestly large building that had formerly served as the headquarters for the Sentinel. Two guards were posted at the main entrance, requesting either invitations or the modest entry fee for others to enter.

Walking inside one would see that the entry hall, once filled with various maps of Zeltiva planning its downfall were instead adorned with colorful tapestries. The sigil of Zeltiva, a three pronged trident, was proudly displayed on the far wall. People would linger here or there, ducking into the odd side rooms for this reason or that. The main event was on the second floor.

Once one ascended the stairs of the entry hall they would come upon several long tables, assorted fare arrayed out. Mostly it was seafood naturally, but still it was rather extravagant considering Zeltiva's rationing of food. Servers lingered here or there, on hand and ready should someone need something. Smaller tables and chairs were arranged over a wide area through several rooms.

People of various social classes walked here, mingling as they were wont to do. This was as much a social gathering as a chance for forging new contacts, as well as getting a feel for the political climate. University students and professors were here or there, chattering away about this or that. Wealthy merchants forging new ties with one another as well as getting a feel for their rivals. Sailor's Guild representatives exchanging tails of this or that voyage.

Yet there was an air of uncertainty in the air, almost nervous even. Few could forget that in this very building the former leader of the Quarter, Adarin, plotted the downfall of the Zeltivan government. Though there was new leadership people were still more than a little distrustful, enough so that possessing a concealed weapon might not be considered odd.

Speaking of the leadership, the current voice of the Denvali, Justus, was weaving his way through from this group or that and made a point to speak to everyone he could. He had no guards with him, no protection in sight for his person, he was simply there with seemingly no secrets or protection between him and his guests. He would turn away none that wished to approach him.

A grey haired and severe looking old man sat apart from the crowd, his blue robes denoting him as a professor and the red trimming on them conferred the status of department head. His steely grey eyes took in the people around him, and his rather sour expression conferred that he would much rather not be here. Across from him sat a woman of incredibly advanced age, bearing the robes that marked her as a member of the Board of Regents.

A loud roaring laugh occasionally sounded out across the room, a large barrel chested man clutching his side in mirth. He possessed a wicked scar that ran along the right side of his face, the eye patch that covered where his eye would have been possessing the sigil of a cresting wave upon it. His azure uniform denoted him as belonging the Wave Guard.

Indeed countless others mingled through the crowds, both members of high society and those beneath them who just wanted to forget their woes for the evening. All were welcome to attend if they could stand the bitter cold of night.

OOCRight! So this is an open thread so feel free to post. The entry fee is about 5 GM's, if you can't afford that you could always try to be more creative in getting around the guards. Do as you pleased and socialize with whomever. I'll jump in when its time to move things along! :D
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 24th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Common Vani Nari
"Stupid sailors. Stupid Captain. Stupid party." Gale grumbled all along the way as he followed the crowd down the hall in order to make it to the second floor. "Why do I have to come? Oh wait, because the petching captain told you so." Slowly limping his way, Gale made his best imitation of the excitable captain. " Ye are part of thee crew now! Where the crew goes, you go." Gale scoffed loudly, "I can hear him laughing at me right now. He and all of the other petchers too." The artist rolled his eyes in agitation.

Ever since Gale had even laid eyes on the sailor crew they had been pulling pranks out of their asses like it was actually funny. They would make fun of his hand, push him into the water, not to mention make him do pointless tasks just to get on his nerve, those vagiks. Gale hated every single one. But one had to tolerant nuances such as they in order make a living. "I need a new job."

Walking along the hall with the small crowd making their way up the stairs, Gale stopped at the first step, starring at what seemed like a never ending stair case in anguish. Possibly even disgust, but mainly surprise and dismay. "You have got to be damn joking me." So many stairs. Why can't buildings just be one story? Is there something wrong with one story buildings? Did ever petching building in this town have to have stairs? Not to mention that the petching clothes he bought for the occasion wasn't the most comfortable, especially when bending the leg. Hence, why Gale never liked dressing fancy. Fancy clothes sucked.

The murderer gave off an elongated sigh and limped towards the railing. Gale held the railing firmly as he made his slow ascend up. One stair at a time. One...painfully slow... stair at a time.

OOCIf anyone is looking for something to do while just entering they can help ol' man Gale up the stairs. XD Or, you know, not. That's fine too.

ExpensesGale is wearing some new clothes.

Linen Tunic, White - 5 SM
Doublet Vest - 3 SM
Linen Trousers, Dyed - 1 GM 2 SM
Low Boots- 3 SM
Entrance Fee - 5GM
Total: 7 GM 3 SM

If I got the toal wrong then please tell me. >.< I'm horrible with math.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on December 25th, 2013, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Voss on December 24th, 2013, 11:33 pm

Voss was wondering why the hell he was doing this, coming all the way up here and spending money on entrance to some dumb party, just because he had a strange dream that featured a girl and not even a very pretty one. He rubbed his messy hair for once he had left his bandana off, showing his messy uncombed hair that only added to his disheveld look. Old sturdy pants and boots and a threaded coat, all having signs of exposiure to hard weather. He paid the guards at the front of the hall his due's and walked inside. In the entrance hall the banner of zeltiva was proudly displayed.

He leasurly walked towards the stairs that would lead to the main event, hoping that at least he managed to talk with a few denvali and get some more answers. He saw a man struggling to get on the stairs.

“Hey, you got some trouble with the stairs?” The young man said as he clasped a hand on the man's shoulder to draw his attention. “I can help ya if you want?” he flashed him an honest grin. His mum always brought him up to be good to people, sure he laughed at people when he got the chance and he had been a hellion when he grew up. But lending a hand when you were capable usually was the right thing to do. that and at least it would give him somebody to talk to. Even if the man looked and acted a bit moody with the cursing he did.

“The petch did you get that limp anyway. Don't take it the wrong way, but you don't really look like a fighter. More like those weedy guy's from the university.” Unfortunally, while his mum taught him
to be nice. She never managed to drill manners in this sailor boy's head.
Voss
Player

Words: 30285
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2013, 5:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 28th, 2013, 5:02 am

Common Vani Nari
Approximately half way up the stairs, Gale was still repining and grumbling to himself, admittedly louder than he probably should have. Although Gale didn't take his eyes off the stairs and was too focused on complaining all the way up them, several folks who passed him while climbing the stairs did watch briefly at the odd, emaciated figure. "They aught to make an easier way to get up stairs." He suggested to himself. Perhaps that would make a good project to work one when he had nothing to do. Then again, free-time will likely never come around again unless he finds another job since Cave gives him plenty of things to do. Including swabbing the deck, cleaning dishes, and occasionally taking out splinters from his hands and what other places he might get them, and believe him, you can get splinters anywhere. Anywhere.

As a matter of fact, there was this one time wher-

"Holy mother petcher!" Gale jumped in terror as a hand clasped his shoulder. The blonde wiped around to look, at what he expected to be one of the crew, particularly Cave. But it was just a young lad. He looked like a young sailor, or fisherman of some sort. Either that or a wannabe. Maybe he had seen him around? No matter if he saw him or not, it was still more of a relief to see than that petching, big nosed second mate. Gale managed to grab a few breaths before furrowing his eyebrows in anger"W-what the petch what that for? Could not give someone a warning before coming up behind them?"

Paranoia can often times make people act strange. Either strange, or aggressive. In this case, it was strange. Gale was always hot headed, but not many people came up behind him and slapped his shoulder. He wasn't sure whether he should sock him in the face or leave the situation alone.

Thankfully he didn't make up his mind before the young man asked to assist him up the stairs. As if he didn't feel petching old enough. "No thank you, I am fine." After having a second to think, Gale's response was significantly less hostile, but still distinctly annoyed. And that appears to be a sign meaning that you can ask any ol' dump question you want. The artist rolled his eyes with a scoff,"If you really must know, it is from kicking pests away from me." The Zeltivan wasn't sure whether he lied or not, for he was kicking pests, but he didn't kick the one that got his leg. Or the one that got his hand as a matter of fact. But he was kicking pests, and he supposed that counted... Anywho, whether you count it as a lie or not, Gale made his way up the stairs, responding to the later half of the teen's statement.

"I am not particularly sure where you got either of those assumptions. I may not fight for a living, but I am no university scum either."

Some people may consider Gale a fighter, if they got to know him well enough. Like he said, he didn't go looking for brawling partners or anything, but he did fight for what was important. He survived a fatal dog attack, managing to walk all the way home with his injuries. He managed to marry his wife despite her parents disapproval and persistant (what some may call) verbal abuse. He pushed through years of depression from her and his mother's death. He survived through two suicide attempts, even if it was with a little help. And so far, he thought he was doing a pretty good job of surviving the torture his crew put him through. Appeared to be a decent fighter in his book.

As for a scholar, he had no idea where he got that idea. Unless he pictures him as some sort of mage or magic user and had a big accident in which caused his injuries, how could one assume he was a student? Students, at least students with common sense, wouldn't go out and get themselves hurt, especially as severely as he had. If he was a student, he'd be in the university library, stuffing his nose in books and studying, like any student should. He might be a little underweight, but is that some sort of clue that someone was a student? No! Of course not!

So many assumptions these days. It is going to drive him mad. "If it hasn't already..."
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on December 29th, 2013, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Voss on December 28th, 2013, 10:56 pm

From all the reactions the man could have given, voss hadn't expected the man to jump in terror. “Easy. Bit jumpy aren't you?” He said, not fully able to suppress a snicker at how the man's fear. The sailor didn't look apologetic in the slightest for how he managed to scare the shyke out of the older man. “I did. That was what the hand on the shoulder was for. If I knew you would have jumped like a scary rabbit when I did that I would have yelled.” Okay, that was a lie, seeing somebody of that man's age jump in fear was just plain funny. His mum would have twisted his ear of if he told that, but that didn't change the fact it was a priceless thing to see.

When he denied needing help in needing to climb the stairs voss just shrugged. “Okay.” Probably some pride thing that kept him from accepting help. He saw it a lot with other sailors. Not really that uncommon. “From kicking pests eh. Must have been some large pests. Wild dogs or something? Not much else around that can do that to a person.” Maybe the man was pulling things out of his arse. Maybe not, he gave him the benefit of the doubt anyway. There had happened stranger things then being attacked by wild dogs or something afterall.

“Never said you were. Just said you looked like them. Bit weedy and all that. ” voss said without caring as for how it would be percieved by the twitchy man. “Why do you think the people from university are scum though? Sure they're a bunch of wierdo's. But there are worse people on east street.” He didn't need to elaborate on that sentence.

Voss kept pace with the man, both because his interested was peaked by him and the fact that well, he didn't want the man to fall down the stairs and break his neck. He might be a bit of an irritable bastard but he was sure he didn't deserve that.

“If what hasn't already?” voss asked, thinking he had missed the rest of his question.
Voss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ariann on December 29th, 2013, 12:21 am

Ariannaliese had never been one for parties. She'd never been one for anything social, actually. The days of living out at sea and secluded from others had made her so, but after her swim back from Nyka, Ariann found a flier floating on the waves about this party. The Denvali square... where had she heard of that before? She didn't know.

Still, it didn't stop her from being her curious self, making her way to that side of the city and stopping when she saw the crowds. She had ducked behind a carriage that had rolled up, eyeing the gate-guards with her bulbous, emerald eyes.

She would stand out here, for certain. The others that walked through the square and into the large building had blanch, tanned or even dark skin, but hers was a light blue skin, freckled with white dots every now and then. Not to mention the fact that the other people had clothing on, and Ariann did not. She was a Charoda by birth, and she rarely wore clothes. They made it hard to swim, you see.

The carriage moved on and left Ariann squatting there, looking a bit foolish as she tried to think of a way to get in. She saw that the common folk of the party had invites or money to spend to get in, and in both factors, Ariann was poor. Maybe she could slip past? Or maybe she could get in by mirth and good-fortune of the guards?

Let's just hope she was lucky on this evening, with Leth shining down on her.

With a sigh of reluctance, Ariann stood up and began to walk after the crowd, waiting for the stream to trickle down before approaching the gate guards.

"Um, hello, sirs..." She muttered, her soft and delicate voice wrapping the words with innocence and curiosity, "Am I allowed into the party? I found a flier earlier and... I'm curious." She asked, clasping her hands before her and giving the guards a pleading look. "I promise I won't be of any trouble to you!" She reassured the guards.

If the guards bothered to spy closely on her, they would find that she was without clothes whatsoever, besides a silvered pendant that denoted her faith to Rik'keli. She had a strange look for a Charoda, instead of the singular dorsal fin atop an average Char's head, she had seven, and they beaded down her head and shoulders almost like mimicking hair. The fins were lightly colored with yellow at the tips, as well. One on either side of her head, two smaller ones like bangs, one that reached down her back and two more that jutted out of the back of her head like pony-tails, rising a few inches before bending down to complete the look.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 30th, 2013, 12:10 am

Common Vani Nari
"Pfft." Gale rolled his eyes. Grabbing someone's shoulder was a warning. Damn Cave, getting him paranoid over nothing.

His green eyes returned to the stairs when the boy started going off about his predictions of what happened. He was actually pretty smart to figure it out so quickly. He'd expect him to take a few chimes to figure it out. However, his reward was nothing but a deadly glare from the artist. A glare and a short lived,"Mmmm." Petching kids these days, stickin' their noses into things they shouldn't be.

They can never keep their mouth shut either. Manners seems to be a thing of the past, for now it was alright to comment on someone's weight. Gale hoped he commented on a lady's weight so he gets what's coming to him. Pfft. "Jobs have been hard to come by, alright?" The plebeian muttered in irritation. Although Gale really didn't have a job for almost all of the Fall season, that wasn't the only reason why he was a little underweight. His appetite during that time dwindled down significantly which was also a factor. His appetite is better now though, thankfully. Don't want Tin force feeding him... Again.

"Disgusting beans, they were." That crew was going to be the death of him.

But in all honesty, Gale wasn't entirely sure why he said University Students were scum. He was one in his younger years, and he hadn't had many unpleasant encounters with students... "Well, they never get out much, having their faces stuffed in books. They always think they are smarter than everyone." Maybe that wasn't true. Gah, he didn't know, this entire day had his head scrambled. What he did know that there were worse people out there. Some really weird, crazy psychos to be exact.

"Excuse me?" Gale looked at the boy oddly, unsure of why he questioned if something hasn't already. What type of random question is that? Perhaps this kid really wasn't all that smart after all.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Voss on January 3rd, 2014, 2:07 am

Voss just looked at the man, not believing shyke what he was saying when he told him that jobs were hard to come by. The sailors always could use some people, jobs were everywere, of course some of those jobs didn't pay very well and weren't very dignifying. But a job was a job and just because your job was working in the mines or picking up shyke didn't mean the miza's weren't worse or better. “Right, at least you can eat and drink as much as you want at the party. I wonder if they let you take some leftovers home.. if not we can always try to smuggle some out without them noticing.” voss was defiantly going to try to score some free food. Living was already expensive enough. He wouldn't say no to free anything.

“ehh, that's not scum that's being a prick. Granted your right about most them being a bunch of self absorbed pricks though. Haven't met a single one that didn't enjoy talking down to regular sailors like me. Just because I'm not buried into books for day's at a time doesn't mean I'm stupid.” He agreed at least partially, they weren't horrible people, just a bunch of stuck up pricks.

“I asked what hasn't already. You said something about the lines, 'if it hasn't already,' just a few moments ago.” He patiently explained ignoring the strange look the man gave him. “Or was that something you were just thinking out loud?” They finally arrived at the second floor. He grinned and was momentary distracted by all the food and beer that was stalled out. “By laviku haven't seen this much food together in a while. If ever.” He said with a grin and immediately walked over to the closest table and took a taste from everything that looked edible. “Doesn't taste bad either. Ey guy, come over and take a taste, might improve that shyke mood of yours.” He took a mug of kelp beer and took a swig, not minding the fact it pretty much tasted like rotten fish. He lived in zeltiva for so long he actually liked the taste of it.

He looked around, thinking back to the true reason he came. To find out more about the former captain of the denvali and who the previous jackass got into power. He looked through the crowd and finally spotted the new leader. Julus he thought the guy was called. “Oi, just keep yourself occupied for a while with the food. I see some guy I really need to have a talk with.” he said to the limping man, he grabbed another mug of kelp beer, 'something to break the ice with never hurt.' before he was weaving through the crowd mugs in his hands and walked up to justus. Offering him one of the mugs.
“Hey, you think you can answer a few questions of mine? I met a denvali girl a while back when in another city when in port. Alea davenport she was called. Mother and father were called jared and elise?” He asked, hoping that the names would ring a bell in the man's mind. “She was kinda worried about the previous captain, captain astrid and why that piece of shyke adarin got on top.” There wasn't any malice detectable in the young sailors mind, just curiosity as to what happenend.
Voss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eldritch on January 3rd, 2014, 2:52 am

Ariann

The Charoda would receive a rather surprised look from the rather burly looking Denvali at the front door, one raising both eyebrows and the other looking a bit red around the cheeks. The sea dwelling folk were not exactly a common sight all things considered, nor were they expecting someone being naked at the door. The men exchanged a long look between them, almost as if they were unsure. Finally one of them cleared his throat, giving the young Charoda an apologetic look.

"Sorry miss, but you'd need to be wearing something for the evening to get in. As well as present either an invitation or entry fee." The man said.

Normally that would have been that, however tonight seemed to be Ariann's luck night as a man slid up beside her. He was incredibly handsome, dark eyes gleaming with mirth and a cordial smile on his face as he looked at both the guards. He was dressed in extremely expensive finery, fine silk and a pair of spectacles on his nose. One hand clutched a very fine cane with a shaft of dark wood and a handle of gleaming silver, the beastly design possessing two glinting sapphires for its eyes. He placed an arm around the Charoda's shoulders and a feeling of warm comfort would wash over the young woman from the touch, friendliness and companionship. He looked every bit the scholarly gentleman.

"There you are, darling, I was looking everywhere for you. You shouldn't run ahead, one never knows who might prowl these Leth lit streets." He said, flashing Ariann a genial smile.

"My apologies, sirs, my companion possesses customs foreign to Zeltiva, though I'm certain its no cause to deny entrance. She is my plus one after all." He said, presenting on of the guards with a rather official looking document.

The guard looked at it and then at the man, nodding to his fellow and handing it back to the man.

"My apologies Sir and Madam, please make yourselves at home." The guard said with an incline of his head.

The handsome man offered Ariann his hand, raising a single eyebrow as he waited for her to take it in order to head inside off of the cold winter streets.

Voss

Justus was in between groups when Voss managed to catch him, though the man was apparently more than glad to stop for a chat. A mere look from him was positively hypnotic and his eyes seemed to drink Voss in at a glance. There was no malice behind those eyes, merely compassion and understanding.

He listened to the man, his expression darkening a little as Astrid was brought up as well as Adarin. The Former leader of the Denvali was not exactly an easy topic for and Denvali, as many still possessed loyalties to his ideals. The failed Coup as well as the blood spilt in the name of Denvali nationalism was fresh n the mind of many Zeltivans, it was part of the reason this party was being held.

"Ah, Alea, I remember her. I trust she is doing well? It saddens me that she is not hear tonight, as well as a great number of our people." He started.

"Captain Astrid... did not survive sadly enough and Adarin was the one to take up the reigns. That is rather how the unfortunate events of the previous season occurred." He said rather sadly.

The man accepted the mug of Kelp Beer and took a few polite sips at it, his previous bright demeanor returning.

"Who may I ask I have the pleasure of speaking to this evening? How are you enjoying yourself?" The man asked politely.
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Ariann on January 3rd, 2014, 12:32 pm

Ariann stood, perplexed, as the scholarly man walked up beside her, wrapping an arm about her shoulders and talking to the guards for her. Normally, she would have protested such physical contact, but seeing as how the man was being so nice and helping her get into the party, she stiffled her complaints.

Looking up, it was Ariann's turn to stare in awe. For a human, this man was very attractive. He had the looks of a scholar, as well, with thin-framed glasses nestled upon the bridge of his nose. He carried a well-carved cane and wore well-tailored clothes.

Ariann felt a heat growing in her face, and her cheeks began to turn a little bit more blue, a clear sign of embarrassment or blushing for humans. But Ariann was just feeling a little warm, that's right. Ariann looked at the hand and placed her own hand in his, her webbed fingers cold and slippery to the touch, her skin still slightly damp from the ocean. Her eyes were wide in curiosity and maybe a little bit of confusion.

Once they were out of earshot of the guards and heading inside, Ariann spoke up in her soft voice, "Who are you?" She asked softly, not in a way that suggested she was offended at all, "And why did you help me back there?" She asked, her many rows of sharp dagger-teeth grinding about the words with a well-practiced alacrity. "Do I know you?"

She couldn't help but feel a bit shy about the guard's comments, since she had forgotten all about the human's strange need for clothing and garments. The blue beneath her eyes remained dark as she reached a hand up to touch the silver holy symbol of Rik'keli. Was she in the wrong by entering into the party without clothes? She could only hope no one would laugh at her.

She was quite a sensitive Charoda, after all.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Next