Chained Ones

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Chained Ones

Postby Thannis Daraktheon on January 5th, 2014, 11:22 pm

The physically Undead marked of Uldr... Now usually this is pretty simple to work out because the character has been a Nuit before but Wisp, my character, was allowed to die first before he got his mark making him a Chained One but he was never a Nuit. Ichor never flowed through his veins. Uldr gave him a new body to go forth and do his bidding (full story is in my CS but I gave you the abridged there because it's a pretty long solo). So... Should we assume that Wips's new body is rather like a Nuit's? Would it bleed Ichor, not need to eat or drink or breath? I'm not really sure of the alternative but I need to ask because all of the Lore is on either clearly dead Nuits or clearly alive people and I don't want to portray him wrong.
Much Thanks to Caela For This Sig!
Thannis Daraktheon
Player

Words: 51656
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2014, 2:08 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Chained Ones

Postby Annalisa Marin on January 5th, 2014, 11:28 pm

It depends on the type of chained one you are. There are three types as stated in the lore.

Type 1's are former Nuit.

Type 2's more easily blend in with those around them and possess few monstrous features. They also possess minor regenerative qualities and have no blood or ichor. They also typically have very highlighted eyes, and pale skin.

Type 3's appear monstrous, but are likely more gifted than those above at the trade off for being really obvious undead.

So it depends on what type you are.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Chained Ones

Postby Thannis Daraktheon on January 5th, 2014, 11:36 pm

I am probably Type 2 then. So no blood or Ichor. My body must be held together by Godly Awesomeness.
Thannis Daraktheon
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Chained Ones

Postby Thannis Daraktheon on January 5th, 2014, 11:44 pm

Do you think that means he can't... Uh, you know, have the pleasures of the flesh? I know Nuit can't.
Thannis Daraktheon
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Chained Ones

Postby Thannis Daraktheon on January 6th, 2014, 1:04 am

I know Nuits probabkly shouldn't eat as their digestive tracts don't really function but you would think a Chained One should be able to eat or drink since their craving usually revolves around digesting something so even if it's not that something one would think their digestive tracts would work in some way, yes?
Thannis Daraktheon
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Chained Ones

Postby Evalin on January 7th, 2014, 2:50 am

So this is some confusion that I REALLY have tried to fix. If you a living person and you are marked by Uldr you are not a Chained One. The only time you become one is if, as in your case which should be rare, Uldr takes an interest and actually GIVES you a new body. Living will never be chained ones, ever.

If you do become a chained one you are undead. You are no longer living, cannot do anything the living can do. Thus you do not eat, you do not drink, do not do any of the things living creatures do. Type two chained ones have no blood or ichor, thus cannot indulge in 'pleasure. They can consume their craving, but they cannot eat food because, like you said, they do not digest. As to how that is possible I am not 100% sure. Maybe from time to time a type two will cut open his stomach and dump the contents? I don't see why not lol.

Anyway, people get confused a lot and think that if you are marked by Uldr you are automatically a chained one, that is just not true. If you are marked WHILE STILL ALIVE you are a living marked and have some undead qualities, like being able to hold your breath for 30 min, don't have to eat or sleep much, etc. Because you are alive you can still make love, you can still eat and do everything a living person can do because you only have SOME undead qualities.

Hope this helps!
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)