[Spirit/Abstract's Scrapbook]Musings of a muser...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on January 12th, 2014, 1:39 pm

I've decided I'm going to write this post as Spirit, as it more pertains to her.

So... the Yahal re-write. Before it, I was never interested in the god, especially the gnosis. I always thought the combination of his domain plus the gnosis was just... odd. I mean, really odd. But now it makes a lot more sense. I read it over, and decided that it was probably one of my favorite gnosises...gnosis... er... what's the plural? Anyways, I mused over it for about a moment and realized...

Well, it fits Spirit perfectly. Really. The whole 'faithfulness and purity' thing is just... perfect. She's consistently honest, friendly, and doesn't understand the concept of 'bad' things (if you want to be blunt), even when she's been victim to them at least once, and her bondmate faced a whole lot of pain in the beginning of his life. Despite all that... she still believes in... er... goodness. I'm lacking better words right now, can you tell? She's so amazingly naive, nearly stupid in that sense, but... not. Actually, even though I have two close-relationship losses to give her... I really don't want to do them. I don't want to hurt her. I'd be happy to throw anything painful at any of my other characters (even maybe Lilou) but... never Spirit.

I could go on a rant about how much I love Spirit as a character, as a person, but... I'm not. It would go a little overboard, and not get anywhere. Maybe I'll do it another time.

So to the faithfulness part. On top of fitting in the pure spectrum, she also fits this quite well. When I hear the word faithful, I think... loyal, trusting, all that. Spirit is... loyal, to her family, to Morwen, to Kaden and to her dogs. She's one of those people who would sacrifice their lives for another, as much as I'm personally iffy on the concept (I've asked myself it numerous times. The answer? I have no idea.) She's always willing to help someone, be it animal or human, no matter the situation. She nearly got herself kidnapped that way :|

She's also very trusting, to a fault. She's almost like an animal in a way that she doesn't really understand lies, or why people lie. It doesn't make sense to her. That was actually a core part of her concept when I first made her, but it fits in remarkably well... She'll trust nearly anyone with anything, and trust her life and more with those she knows well.

So after this, I realize, well... I need to introduce Spirit to the concept of Yahal, since she really only knows Morwen. I have a plan or two for that, depending on the circumstances. Sadly... Avanthal is really lacking a DS right now, so fishing for a gnosis quest will be a little challenging, when/if the time comes. Until then... another god for Spirit to follow!

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Abstract on January 18th, 2014, 2:49 am

This website is getting on my nerves... basically you come up with a character or person, and this genie thing tries to guess it. With common ones, it catches on quite fast, but it's annoying when you're sure you haven't answered anything obvious, then... erg.

For example, my character was Aladdin once.

Fifth or sixth question: Does your character ride on a magic carpet?

v.v

Here.

It's guessed so many odd things... I only tricked it once, but it got the character within a few more questions :|

Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Wanda Endust on January 18th, 2014, 4:04 am

Aha! I just tried it, thinking of Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice. :) It took him about four guesses before he got it, though he did guess two of the other Bennett sisters before settling for her...

I dunno, it seems to have a very big list of characters to pull from, so I guess you could try going for some of the most obscure people you can think of!
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on January 18th, 2014, 7:03 am

So I thought about Alea, it guessed my imaginary friend, and I can't decide if that's correct :P
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Abstract on January 18th, 2014, 12:55 pm

Yea... I got progressively more irritated at it as it kept guessing these characters I thought were odd or funny or... yea...

Ireth gave me 'David Rain' from 'The Fire Within' and it got him :|

There was two it had trouble with, though...

Alea... I think it's kind of correct? I dunno. I didn't realize it had 'imaginary friend' as one... though that would be quite smart XD

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Alea Davenport on January 18th, 2014, 1:04 pm

Holy cow, I beat it! I don't think it's learned about "The Gamers" movies yet.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Abstract on January 24th, 2014, 5:44 pm

Just putting a note up here:

My activity will (and has been) pretty low over the next few days. I annoyingly got sick on top of exams, and my brain isn't working as much as I'd like it to, so I'm listening to books rather than writing. I'm also on top of exams, but I'm luckily done nearly all of my studying, so I'm not so worried about those :)

Apologies to all who are waiting for me on posts, especially the SQ guys!

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on January 27th, 2014, 2:06 pm

For the fun of it, I did the same quizzes Gale did with myself, and Spirit... just to see what would happen. I added one or two I liked on top of it, as well.

Game of Thrones

Me :

Excellent... my favorite character. I guess it fits :D

Spirit :

Wait... what? Well... yea... I guess? Sort of a family person, sensible, though I think Spirit is a little... well... softer than he is. Huh.

Big Bang

Me :

Sheldon! Yes... not really a people-person, smart, all that... :D

Spirit :

Ehh? No... not really. Well, okay, she's got the 'heart' and all that. Actually, thinking about it... of all the Big Bang characters... yes, Penny.

Disney Princess

Me :

Apparently Bell is a bookworm! She's actually one of my favorite princesses... I liked her father a lot. The imagination fits too... hum...

Spirit :

D'aww... yes. I can't stop thinking of Snow White from Once Upon a Time, though. Spirit really fits all the traits listed... she's so friendly, kind, loves animals... all that :)

Harry Potter

Me :

No surprise. None at all.

Spirit :

I wasn't so sure with this on Spirit, but Hagrid really does fit. They both are really sweet, though prefer animals to humans most of the time.

Lord of The Rings

Me :

Sort of expected, especially after the 'weapon' question. I was tempted to pick fire, though. But... what did the fork mean? O.o

Spirit :

Well... yes :) Actually, I find this description focused more on, say, Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Merry, or Pippin. Most Hobbits ARE homebodies, and really don't like adventure, even when thrown into it. From what I found, at least.

Hunger Games

Me :

Wasn't expecting this, but yes... morals check, social stuff check, nature stuff check :)

Spirit :

I'd have to agree on the introvert... She does value all life, from humans to animals... in her eyes, they're equal anyways. And I think Spirit is pretty independent, though she works well with others as well.

Star Wars

Me :

Logic! That's all I have to say.

Spirit :

Hm... I guess so. Spirit is quite diplomatic, after all. I found this one pretty iffy on her, however.
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on February 1st, 2014, 5:03 pm

I seem to have a very odd and confusing dilemma...

I've always enjoyed building lego models. Not the playing, just... building. I actually like building a lot of things, including paper models, and other funny things. So lego has lasted me a long time, and I still love creating them :)

I've picked it up again, and have dismantled and rebuilt two models already, and I started a third last night. But... something odd happened. Usually, if you take something apart... all the pieces are there, right? Or at least they should be. Though... loosing smaller pieces is normal. However... I didn't just loose a small piece this time. I lost a BIG piece. Like... a flat 8x8 one. Big.

The thing I don't understand is... HOW? How do you loose something so big? Little pieces hide, or slip in between things, but a piece like that? I've been searching the area, and I still can't find it :| It should have been in the pile with all the large pieces... but it's missing. I'm starting to think it was never there in the first place.... v.v

This is the oddest thing that has happened to me so far with lego...I just don't understand...

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on February 2nd, 2014, 11:35 pm

Just going to archive this here, and anyone else can use it too :)

Patterns! Lots of them... seamless... and really nice quality :) For all those basic framepic codes and such...

Link

There aren't too many at the moment, but it's apparently growing, so...

100 Scrapbook post!

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext