Location [Syliras Entrance] The Main Gates

Please post here first after registering!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Main Gates

Postby Danovar Leoric on August 24th, 2010, 1:53 am

Season of Summer, Day 56, 110 AV

Stonework met Danovar's leather boots as he trudged along the bridge leading to Sylaris. Straggling cumulus clouds whipped through the clear blue summer sky as if hurrying to present the coming storm on the horizon, and sweltering, humid conditions caused sweat to cling to Danovar's limbs. He was glad to soon be within Sylaris' cool, shaded interior, yet...

He hadn't returned to his former home in years. The last time he was here, he was a completely different person. To say he was apprehensive may be an understatement, especially considering not all of his recent transactions had been completely legal. He knew all too well the self righteous behavior of the Knights here.

The fact that one of the knights guarding the gate ahead looked like his father wasn't helping his mounting unease.

Still he walked on. Doubtful it was he. He was talking of retiring when he had left. It had been...four - no, five years since? And with no child to care for, the prospect would then have become all the more inviting.

Still his discomfort plagued him.

Only fifteen paces. The knights ahead were scanning the crowd absently, looking for signs of trouble. As usual, he attracted interest by the leather attire and sword at his hip. He attempted to assume a posture as good willing and upright as possible. After all, he'd done nothing wrong. They had no reason to stop him.

He passed the first pair of sentries. Nothing.

The second. And the third. None halted him. He breathed a sigh of relief, smiling to himself. The world isn't out to kill me, he thought to himself as the stone labyrinth of halls and courtyards of Sylaris swallowed him.
"My sash is red."

Danovar Leoric
Total Nub

Words: 6957
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2010, 6:08 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on August 24th, 2010, 2:25 am

@ Danovar Leoric

Or had it? Perhaps the first three Knights took no notice of the man, or at least appeared not to, another Knight however, yes, there was one somewhat hidden from a simple first glance, but this man saw Danovar. Said knight, not clad from head to toe in armor, wore the cloak with the symbol of the Windoak on it, began to follow Danovar. His long brown hair was tied into a messy ponytail, his left hand resting gently on the blade at his left side, a longsword, and his movement was quick, which would catch up to Danovar in moments should he decide not to flee (which could be very bad mind you). The man was young, probably no older than twenty-two, his face was lightly graced with a faint five-o-clock shadow, which was stronger on the chin and upper lip than its patchy counterparts everywhere else. " 'Ey you, hold up a moment there mate." His voice didn't particularly sound threatening, but if you were to approach a possible troublemaker, wouldn't you feign ignorance or even friendliness? The mere fact that Danovar was being followed meant he was viewed as special in comparison to the rest of the considerably large crowd moving through the area.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Danovar Leoric on August 24th, 2010, 3:27 am

((@ Leviathan))

Danovar stiffened, stopping completely and looking back toward the sound of the voice. He exhaled slightly at the armored, rough looking figure, pushing a lock of brown hair from his forehead and rolling his shoulders. "Yes? Can I help you?" He inquired politely as the figure drew closer.

Why was he stopping him? He'd passed the others easily enough. There was no reason to question him. Why was he here? Food, supplies, possibly a shady deal including a supply of frowned upon narcotics. But he had no reason to suspect that just by looking at him, did he? Danovar looked about for signs of more authority-reminiscent figures, reverting his gaze back to the approaching man. He squared his shoulders and renewed his composure, mind racing.
"My sash is red."

Danovar Leoric
Total Nub

Words: 6957
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2010, 6:08 am
Character sheet

Postby Valideen Grimlori on August 24th, 2010, 11:27 pm

510 AV 70th day of summer

Valideen watched with careful eyes the gates of Syliras’ capital city, as bustling and busy as it was.
He took a fold of his clothes and hung it over his head like a hood, in a slight attempt to hide what he was, a Symenstra. It wasn’t that he was nervous, or that he had an outstanding warrant, but he wasn’t sure how the guard and the knights would react to a Symenestra, at least not yet.

His clothes were a collection of different strips of fabric, wrapped around his body and made to be somewhat baggy, it covered enough of his body, and his bare feet, that it was hard to tell what he was.

It didn’t seem to matter as he approached, and in mere moments, he would be in the city.
Valideen Grimlori
Newbie Here!

Words: 8652
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2010, 5:41 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on August 25th, 2010, 2:42 am

"Good day sir. I don't recognize your face, so I thought it would be for the greater good of Syliras, the citizens, and yourself, to let you know that the use of weapons within the walls are forbidden, and the law is severely enforced. I pray you don't take this as offense, it's just a statement of caution, as it isn't uncommon to have those accustomed to Sunberth streets to flee here, and bringing upon the soles of their boots the filth of such a place." The man pointed at Danovar's weapon, leading the man into an understanding of what he was talking about.

"So, I'll bother you no farther. It's just my duty to protect the city, so I thought it was in everyone's best interest to let you know the law." The man smiled, nodded, and turned around, moved back to his Knight buddies.

It was apparent that Danovar was not recognized.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Cristal on September 2nd, 2010, 5:23 am

1st of Fall, 510 A.V

For a few days now Cristal had been watching the gates. She had been curious since the first night she wondered into the area about the coming's and going's of the people at the gates. The guards watching as said people walked in and sometimes stopping them to check for weapons. Other times they would share words with the people and that was interesting. Even some days she would see the men shoot a wild animal. It was all strange and interesting to her.

Which was why she was not going to be a fool and walk in as her animal form. Though she enjoyed this form more she had enough sense to figure out that if she tried walking in the guards would kill her on sight. That alone was enough to make her body shiver in fear.

Instead she changed into her human form and had been lucky enough to find a kind human to give her some clothing. Which she held in the bag on her back. Smiling softly she left the hiding place of the forest where the shadow's hid her. As she walked up to the gate she was approached by the guards and after a few minutes of having shared words she was in... Which when she entered she was in awe.
Cristal
Player

Words: 2704
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2010, 1:28 am
Race: Kelvic

Postby Djiann on September 2nd, 2010, 2:10 pm

First of Fall, 510 AV

Djiann yawned as the dusty road behind him ended and the gates loomed before him. Wow. Didn't think I'd actually get this far. I regret not knowing as much Common as I could... he thought as a couple of locals started rattling off in the confusing tongue. He could get by, but not as well as if there were a Benshira here. He also wondered where he'd put his horse, the crazy beast. He was considering selling it and carry only what he needed. The thing was more gorram trouble than it was worth.

Putting on his biggest grin, he walked up to the gates, unafraid of any trouble. All he had was his traveling gear and his fists, not like he was a thuggish character, either. Passing the first set of sentries he stopped to marvel at the castle. Humans are crazy. Why would ANYONE want to live inside all their lives? Oh well, to each their own... he thought to himself as he continued on his way towards the "city."
Djiann
The Kanga Kelvic

Words: 8984
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2010, 1:44 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Sahsvin Isilla on September 5th, 2010, 2:19 am

First Day of Autumn

As Isilla approached the huge gates, the guards stopped her, crossing their spears in to an X shape. "What is your business here, stranger?" they asked in an almost robotic manner. "Not much" she replied curtly "I'm just looking for a place to stay, and possibly a few friends..." She winked at them. Even through that helmet she saw that one of the guards had turned a bright shade of pink. The other guard nudged him. "You may pass, you can find lodging by following the rest of these people" he pointed to a group of people entering the gates " and don't cause any trouble or you may find yourself behind bars.." he finished.

"Oh don't worry, i won't...." she said, and with a sweep of her cloak she went into the great city of Syliras...
Sahsvin Isilla
Conceited Purple Rattler

Words: 12725
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 9:57 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Diane on September 5th, 2010, 2:46 am

First day of Autum.

It has been a long day, and yet the sun was still up but in short time it will set down, as the sky had a blueish color and not to windy either.
"we are almost there, Syn.Hang on a little." said Diane to her friendly horse,patting him and getting closer to the huge gates, as the horse was walking calm and slow.The guards were looking at her directly, as Diane got closer made Syn to stop and the guards put their swords in defense manner.She took down the hood, revealing her nice, black hair and dark blue eyes, with a smile she watched over the guards, a bit scared of their behavior, but tried to keep the attitude calm.

"I am here for no harm..Just a resting place for me and my friend here, I got no more supplies.After a few days we will leave." Diane's voice was trembling a bit, but was sure they will let her in.After all, she wasn't a freak nor anything.
The guards set back putting aside the swords and let her pass through the gate, as their steel helmets were covering half of their face.

"Thank you gentleman." said Diane walking up with Syn inside the city of Syliras, with a small smile on her face and looked around her at the people, trying to find some water for her horse.
Last edited by Diane on September 6th, 2010, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

""If I let you love me..be the one Adored -will you go all the way ?.."
Diane
Though One..

Words: 68175
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2010, 7:21 pm
Location: *Everything is different.I am different..nothing will be the same again..*
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Iasc on September 5th, 2010, 10:35 am

First Day of Autumn

He made his way towards Stormhold Castle. The walls loomed high, the archers threatening from the top. He stopped halfway across the bridge and surveyed the area. “Mindless zombies. Thats all these things are”. He doesn't understand people and doesn't pretend to. They usually leave him alone and he leaves them alone.

He turned, looked around and sighed. He longed for a better life, or a better city at least. He'd heard too many people praise this prison. Maybe it was his foul mood, but he really hated this place. More likely it was his cynical nature.

One of the guards eyed him suspiciously but Iasc ignored him. He didn't bother with the Knights anymore. Although they still managed to find reason to bother with him.

“Home sweet home”, he thought. A favorite phrase of his fathers. He let out a snort of derision and passed through the gates.
Iasc
Knowledge is Power, Music is Beauty.

Words: 74790
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Character sheet
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Power Fork (1)

PreviousNext