Completed Against All Odds (Alevadra Druva)

A Druva meets A Brock

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Against All Odds (Alevadra Druva)

Postby Ryia Brock on December 13th, 2013, 1:41 am

It helped her a lot having a Knight present with positive encouragement. Ryia drew back her sword, her chest swelling with more confidence as she looked upon the damage that she had done to the dummy. It was only a small amount, but for the teenager it was more about the confidence that she felt when she struck with her sword. Ryia didn't feel powerful, what she felt was reassurance that her decision hadn't been for not, and that if she could impress Knights of the order she was on the right path.

"That wasn't bad at all. I think I'm getting the hang of this." she said, eyes beaming and her smile brighter. She turned to face the woman as she placed a hand on her shoulder. She appreciated the Knights words, but the young squire wasn't sure that she even wanted to face Helena. The eldest of the Brock sisters was a force in battle, and while Ryia was proud of her sister, the thought of facing against her was scary. "You are very kind Sera Druva, and thank you for taking the time to tutor me."

Ryia started to say more, perhaps to strike up a conversation, but then the Knight offered to spar and the squire froze. In fact, if she had been wearing armor she could probably hear her limbs shaking on the inside of the armor suit. However she wasn't wearing armor, and although she was a small girl there was enough of her to get bruised up if Alevadra decided to really break her in. Ryia moved to collect her shield and adjusted it on her forearm. Alevadra wasn't worried about being bruised but that fear was on the front of Ryia's mind. As common as breathing. Right..I'll remember that.

Following the Knight into a clear area, Ryia gave a sigh of relief. Alevadra understood, she remembered what it was like being a squire and the disadvantages and insecurities that came with it. Still, she didn't like the idea of lying to Helena. Her patron did push her hard, but it was out of love and devotion. Perhaps she could slip by with it, if Helena didn't ask she wouldn't have to tell or get into trouble. "I won't say a word. She need not know of our meeting, or that I came here at all." Ryia hadn't noticed yet, but her unease had slipped away and she now felt more comfortable with the Knight, and the woman's nature made it easy to like her.

With Alevadra ready, Ryia lifted her shield in one hand, and the wooden sword with the other. Green eyes scanned the stance of her opponent and the girl moved in. She pulled her shield arm in across her chest then swung her arm outward, hoping to hide the position of her sword. Her shield arm moved to smash into the shield of Alevadra's and Ryia thrust the longsword forward attempting the exact same strike that she had landed on the dummy moments ago.

Ryia Brock
The Next Mage Knight - Believe it

Words: 59648
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 7:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Alevadra Druva on December 16th, 2013, 9:41 pm

“Of course, Ryia, how else are you supposed to learn?” Ale had been through it—if it hadn’t been for Patrick’s demeanor, Ale would have become a much different knight. At least Ryia was appreciative, and getting the hang of it—it made the risk of Helena’s anger worthwhile. It would be even better if Ryia kept their little visit between them.

The young Brock didn’t seem terribly comfortable with the idea of sparring Alevadra. The knight had no intent to beat the girl up. “Thank you, Ryia,” It would keep their lives easier, so long as Ale didn’t leave bruises on Ryia.

The young woman was quick, and it seemed the fear that had been wrapped around her little mind had loosened as she swung for Ale. A shift in her shield and weight had Ryia’s shield slam into hers, a side step into the shield, pushing upon Ryia avoided a close blow to Ale’s shoulder as her wooden sword whipped out, and stopping short of the young woman if she was unable to move she shield in time. “You’re quick! Keep up that speed. Most of the large, intimidating boys you see are slower than an ox—though they do hit like one… Lets go again, yes? Once more. Hit me.”
Who needs love when you have honor and dignity?
Alevadra Druva
Syliran Knight

Words: 151878
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 11:39 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ryia Brock on December 24th, 2013, 7:57 pm

Ryia was getting better with the sword but her shield arm was still very weak. It felt heavy just to hold it up steadily and when the Knight attacked, her arm froze and she couldn't move it in time to block. Luckily Alevadra didn't actually hit her or she would have felt the pinch. The teenager regrouped and prepared to make another swing, her legs bent again, pressure leaning forward on the front leg, and leaving the back free to move if she needed to.

Alevadra praised her and encouraged her and as much as she liked it, it still felt odd. The Knight's perception of her only made her want to work harder so that she wouldn't disappoint her. Druva wasn't her patron, but the woman had stepped up to help her out of kindness. A kindness Ryia wanted to repay.

Taking a breath, she leaned forward to strike. Her legs were spread apart and her body leaned in close behind her shield. Her sword arm swung back and she moved in. The young squire hesitated at first, her boots sliding against the dirt as she forced herself to stop. Then she attacked, leading with her shield, Ryia batted her arm outward twice. The shield smashed into Alevadra's and the vibration shook the squire and sent a jolt of mild pain through her arm.

She winced, but she didn't relent, lowering her eyes as she pushed forward shoulder first with her shield. It felt less heavy this way and even it was the wrong way to hold it, it also took pressure off her arm. Twisting her body, Ryia moved her shield arm away and struck with an overhead swing at the Knight while putting her entire body behind the strike.

Ryia Brock

Character sheet

Postby Alevadra Druva on January 13th, 2014, 10:15 pm

Timidness had melted into the ferocity expected of a squire. She was not ruthless—no, not even all that intimidating really. But something shifted in the young Brock that the Sera saw, a shift in force, in intention, a glint in her eyes that spoke of dedication and intent. A smile dotted her features as Ryia moved, holding her sheilf uncomfortably. Was she not used to the heft of the thing? They were terribly heavy—Ale remembered Ser Frent having her walk around with one for days to get use to the weight of it.

Brown eyes narrowed, watching Ryia move. In these moments of action… Things did not slow down—no, they only sped up, and to survive, to persist, one needed to think faster and act quicker—as such, time would seem to slow, but only by the adrenaline pumping through veins forcing one to react in such a speedy manner.

The Squire moved forward, slamming her shield into Ale’s—An interesting choice. The knight had braced, her back leg digging into the cold earth as the impact traveled from the shield through her body and finally into the ground like a bolt of lightning. The discomfort of such an impact barely phased the knight—she’d experienced worse and such a pain was no worse than being pinched.

Ale braced against the shield, finding herself pressing her weight into it—pushing back against the Brock as the Squire swung to hit her elder. Ah—and overhead shot. Now—that would be a nasty hit even without much force. The movements in the young blonde spoke that it was anything but a light shot, she’d taken Ale’s words to heart and was putting her all into it—Wouldn’t Sera Brock be proud—Or at least surprised.

The knight shifted, moving her head to the side and lifting her shield slightly. Ryia’s hit would slip just past Ale’s face, the movement pressing against her face with the current created until a loud crack thud would fill the knights ears—a few splinters of the shield breaking off and flying about as the knight squinted. The force of Ryia’s strike forced Ale’s shield back down slightly—though not quite far enough to make an impact on her collar bone. Had the blade been sharp however…

With her blade preoccupied with Ale’s shield, the woman took a side step, pushing the sword off to the side. “I am luck that you do not have a sharp blade, young Brock.” She shook the shield, allowing it to rain small slivers of wood upon the ground. “Had it been sharp, you would be taking me to the healers about now,” Her eyes glanced to the sky, the sun was rising, nearly cresting over the walls.

“You’re one to watch, Ryia,” The woman smiled, shrugging off the shield and plalcing it—as well as the practice sword—with the rest. “I’d put my mizas on you.” Alevadra had faith in many, but didn’t often express it so freely. “The other squires will be showing up, perhaps we’ll have to do this again sometime. You know where the knights barracks are, I’m sure.” The woman carefully moved across the grounds, rolling her shoulders as she picked up her arrows and bow. “I’ll have to see you around, Ryia.”
Who needs love when you have honor and dignity?
Alevadra Druva
Syliran Knight

Words: 151878
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 11:39 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ryia Brock on January 17th, 2014, 2:08 am

There was a degree of fearlessness that Helena had, a strong will, and confidence that she knew what she was doing, and above all that she would win in the end. Ryia didn't have any of those, not yet. Her actions were driven by what she was told, what she thought she understood, and in rare cases a huge emotional surge that blotted out all else. The teenage squire was more than surprised to see that she was able to push the Knight back. The woman didn't go far, but for Ryia, even connecting as she did was a huge step.

Focused green eyes stared at the the wooden shield and the bits that crumbled off like old rock. She couldn't believe that she had just done that. Lowering her weapon and shield, Ryia looked to the Knight and took in her words. They meant a lot to her, knowing that another Knight found her worthy of praise and so early in her training as well. "Thank you again for helping me. I won't forget this Sera Druva, you have been most kind to me." She was tired, shoulders already heavy from the constant use of holding up the shield as well as using her sword.

The squire was glad that the session was over, and she had also just realized that she did need to get away. So far she had managed to keep from being caught on the grounds without her armor on, except for the Knight Druva who took pity on the girl. "Yes Sera, I hope to see you again." She took a long breath and moved to put the practice weapons away and left the grounds just as she had came. Ryia was expected to be a knight, that much she knew, but how well she wa expected to fair was another question. Helena was a force, and not a lot of people could claim to have done as well as she did. It wouldn't be fair to expect Ryia to do the same, but maybe..just maybe she could.

Ryia Brock

Character sheet

Postby Radiant on February 7th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Ryia :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +3 XP
Weapon: Longsword +5 XP
Weapon: Shield +4 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Endurance +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Alevadra Druva: Syliran Knight
Combat: Defensive Position For A Small Frame
Longsword: Proper Footing

Loots
+1 Shield Point

Alevadra :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +3 XP
Teaching +4 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Weapon: Longsword +1 XP
Weapon: Shield +2 XP
Endurance +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Ryia Brock: Squire
Combat: Defensive Position For A Small Frame
Longsword: Proper Footing

Loots
+1 Shield Point

Notes :
Good thread, dear ladies of the Order! Enjoy your grades!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous