[Lenz] A Scrapbook of Wonder

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 7:02 pm

Play This!

I think I should have posted this before we did the art class so that you could all have some music to listen to while you had fun! Oh well, better late then never. If anything, you could have been scrolling from the bottom to the top and saw this post before the art one!

Sway like the trees do when it's really windy out, but don't mess up your artwork (or if you didn't do it when you listened to this song) but don't lose your balance!

I'll admit that this song is a little heavier and faster than the other songs I have been posting, but it still has the same general genre as the others. It's a soft dubstep with drum and base and melody to it that makes it sound like the others I've been playing.

I hope you liked this song either way. I took a fancy to it!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 7:07 pm

Love Letter Never Sent

written by me

I’d written a letter
To my dearest
Friend.
Said,
You are someone so
Special to me
That I can’t
Explain.
Said, I don’t know how
To write it down
For you to
Care.
Said,
You make me feel
Perfect;
Indestructible;
Loved;
Invincible.
Said,
I wish to spend
The rest of
My life
In your arms;
Forever.
Said, I love you.
Signed,
My name
But…
I never
Sent
It.

This was a different style of poetry. I have never tried something like this before so I'm sorry if it's terrible!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Dance, Dance, Dance!

This one is another more fast paced song. Well, actually it is completely different from the music I have been posting here. I just thought it fit the mood that has been going for the past few replies I've made.

It's very catchy so don't yell at me if it gets stuck in your head! Other wise, I command all of you to dance with the beat!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 8:03 pm

Book Review of the Day!

Title: A Drowned Maiden's Hair

Book Description: Maud Flynn is known at the orphanage for her impertinence, so when the charming Miss Hyacinth and her sister choose Maud to take home with them, the girl is as baffled as anyone. It seems the sisters need Maud to help stage elaborate séances for bereaved, wealthy patrons.Image

As Maud is drawn deeper into the deception, playing her role as a "secret child," she is torn between her need to please and her growing conscience - until a shocking betrayal makes clear just how heartless her so-called guardians are.

Filled with tantalizing details of turn-of-the-century spiritualism and page-turning suspense, this lively historical novel features a winning heroine whom readers will not soon forget.

Personal Rating: ⋆⋆⋆⋆

Additional Notes: I read this book when I was a child and then re-read it when I was a older. It's a pretty good book no matter what age you are and the detail that's packed into this book is awe-inspiring. I found this girl to be so strong and brave.

This was a Children's Choice Award book back in the year of 2009, but remains a terrific melodramatic novel. I encourage everyone to read it.

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Indifferent Harmony

Here is another song I randomly picked out of my favourites bar. The stutters throughout the song are really wicked and I personally think the melody is unique as well. I think this would be a pretty awesome background song for a movie, whatever the genre of movie.

Just between you and me, I pretended to me a DJ for an imaginary radio station when I was a child and sometimes still do even today. Who knows? It might be early practice for a potential career.

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 8:17 pm

Another Craft... Yay!

Is your heart still anxiously beating for more crafts? Is art one of your strong passions if not your number one favourite thing to do? Well, I have for you another craft! Let's do this one together...

Mirror Ornaments

So I suppose this is a little more holiday relevant, but it's fun all the same. Who cares if Christmas was a few months ago?

Now, the picture is pretty self explanatory, but if you would like a word by word instruction manual, I will again try my best to explain the procedure for you.

Items Needed:

1. A clear glass ornament (it doesn't matter what size or shape)
2. Durable scissors and I mean durable. I did this once for a science class project and my one pair of my scissors broke trying to cut the CD into different pieces
3. A blank compact disque (CD)
4. Glue (clear glue is preferred)

Process:

1. First what you're going to do is cut up the compact disque you have using your scissors. Make sure they are relatively small pieces. I know it's hard to make small pieces with such a hard material, but try to do it. Also make sure they aren't too small either!
2. Take a piece of the cut up CD and squirt some glue on the back of it (the side that isn't shiny)
3. Put the compact disque piece on the clear ornament
4. Repeat this until your ornament is covered in the little pieces of CD
5. Set aside to let dry

Wasn't that fun? I hope it was, because I have done this before and the finished result was so pretty and shiny. The way it reflected the light was so coloured as well.

Until next time we have another art project,
-Lenz

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Stop Punning Around!

I tend to be one who often surfs the internet and when I do, it is common for me to come across terribly funny and incredibly cute posts or pictures. Today was one of those days and might I say that today was a score.

I loaded up on cute things and I would like to share them with you. The first post I will make relating to all the fun puns I'll be posting throughout this scrapbook will be dedicated to animals. Because aren't they all so adorable?

Get it? In-Vest-Igator? See, if you put the two words together- you get the points. Hilarious and stupid at the same time, seeing this picture makes me want to love invest- I mean alligators. Especially those who want to become detectives!

This picture also reminds me of that children's book, Zach's Alligator that my mother used to read to me before bed every other night. It's so cute and I can't help but laugh every time I see it!

Here's another one that I find so adorable I want to hug it. I'm a weakling for cute animals, I know.

Because who can't laugh when there is an amazing koala bear looking like that? With the food hanging out of his mouth and the surprised expression on his face? Sometimes I wonder how such creatures can handle being around such ugly humans (no offense to those who are beautiful).

And lastly I would like to introduce you to my friend Hedgehog. He's a real hog when it comes to sharing his hedges, haha.

Well thank you for sharing my punny moments with me. There are more of those to come and I can guarantee that. Some will be funny and some will make sense while others will make you question your sanity.

Thanks and have a wonderful rest of the day!
-Lenz

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 8:56 pm

Stop Laughing And Listen!

More charming music! And after all that giggling and stomach clenching, it's nice to take a break and unwind with some gentle and soothing tunes. I hope you enjoyed this one, because I know I did!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 9:13 pm

All About Lenz And Why I Created Her

Do you want to know a little more about Lenz? Would you like to know the truth about why I created her the way she is? Well, I'll explain it to you to the best of my ability.

Lenz's Personality :
Usually a reclusive individual, Lenz has had her fair share of optimism and pessimism. She’s often polite and respectful of her elders, but when she feels threatened her delicate, shy and sensitive emotions can turn fierce and protective in a flash. Making friends comes to Lenz with mild ease, for she tries to give off positive auras. Said attributes contribute to her relationships in positive ways, her calm tone setting great moods for anyone in dire need of comfort.

Considerate of others and responsible for her actions and reactions, Lenz is a wonderful person to be around. Having been through such traumatic experiences should have made her harsh and intolerable, and indeed sometimes she is, but with new hopes for herself and in trying to avoid thinking about the past, she proves how humane she can be.

She’s a sucker for love and often needs reassurance that people care for her. Having lost so much in the past, she always needs to keep something with sentimental value on her at all times. Lenz has much common sense and can sometimes try to see outcomes before they happen by using patience and faith. She’s soft spoken, but can have a very loud voice in meaning, which helps her in difficult situations.

Overall, Lenz is just a young woman trying to create herself in a world of confusion and mystery.

Lenz's History :
Lenz was raised a polite and respective young girl. Never knowing her father didn’t pose a problem to her situation at home. She simply had to work harder to fill the shoes of her father and in doing so learned knew things and experienced different situations. Growing up, Lenz lived under poor circumstances in a little shack in the city of Kenash. She was friendly enough to make many friends, yet a part of her always remained saddened by how her mother and she had to live.

Days went by, eventually seasons did as well, until Lenz saw herself transform into a young woman. Things were different, yet not easier as the mother and daughter continually struggled to survive in such harsh conditions. It was at the age of seventeen where she had broadened her imagination and ended up meeting a young man by the name of Azaezel.

Meeting Azaezel was like falling in love at first sight, if there was such a thing, and the two instantly bonded well with one another, often talking for hours every day only to start the entire routine over again the next day. Soon, those simple “chats” turned into something more and that something more had gotten Lenz pregnant with Azaezel’s child.

Worried at first, Lenz panicked about how she was to raise a child in her particular position. Soon the worry turned to excitement at the thought of settling down and starting a family with the love of her life. However, good things turned poorly as one day Lenz’s mother disappeared.

She had probably waited two weeks for her mother’s return, but when she never came, Lenz took it upon herself to go out searching for her. This was a terrible choice in action on her part, for when out in the woods one day in hopes of finding her mother, she was taken by a Zith.

Never before had she been so terrified as the Zith took her to its homeland in Xy. There, she was quickly put to work as a slave, doing any Zith’s bidding if she were commanded. However, there was a small amount of optimism in her time in Xy. There, she finally was reunited with her mother whom she thought she had fought, yet lost to Death. Among meeting her mother, Lenz met a couple others whom she befriended almost instantaneously, the group staying together for protection.

Painful and cruel days went by and Lenz’s heart ached for her lover back in Kenash. She kept thinking terrible thoughts, such as whether or not he had forgotten about her or had chosen a different girl to love. Although, there were happier thoughts among the pessimistic, the specific thought of eventually getting to see Azaezel again the only thing that kept her going.

A few weeks past and soon the secret of the baby was no longer hidden. A traumatic uproar of a Zith who had somehow become angry with Lenz had attacked her, the end resulting the two horrendous gashes turned to scars on her lower stomach and the loss of her only baby. The painful miscarriage standing beside her dehydration and hunger for not only food, but freedom sent Lenz into a state of dark depression. This was when she had insisted on plotting a plan with her friends and mother for their escape out of Xy.

The day of escaping the group had planned snuck up on them quicker than they had anticipated. Soon, they were making their way out when Lenz’s mother and one of the two friends were caught. The last thing Lenz saw was the visual of her mother being ripped to shreds by a gathering of Zith. This was an image that would never erase itself from her memory.

Continuing with her friend on their path to freedom after nearly sneaking out from under the Zith’s noses, Lenz found herself trekking through the miles of forest land for numerous seasons before she managed to recognize the coastline of a lawless city called Sunberth.

It was here that she rented a single shared room, telling herself that such a place would be a wonderful place to restart her life and with a friend to accompany her, high hopes are kept in place. Although, every now and again frightening flashbacks would invade her mind. Hopefully she will someday find her childhood friends again and her lover, but for now, returning to her home town would just mean endless misery and she can't bear that presently.

Now, why did I pick this to be my character's history? Why am I such a cruel person to put her through such pain and misery? Honestly, since I was a child I have had interest in traumatic backstories. I frankly don't know why I was so intrigued by them but I thought at the time that said backstories gave the character character and persistence and even, yes, hope.

The whole ordeal behind Lenz is that she is a strong and independent woman who carries a lot of burdens on her shoulders, yet she continues to go through the days with hope.

I have initially planned to try for a Luminance gnosis, but decided against it. I don't know if it was because I was too lazy to post up a story and all for it or if I thought it wasn't necessary and pointless. However, in the end she still holds that same outlook on life.

She's a very passionate woman with motherly instincts. As you might have read above in the spoiler containing her history I created her to have had a miscarriage. She was planning to become a mother, yet that outcome was soiled due to the harsh conditions in Xy.

I'm a terrible person, I know, but who really doesn't have a sob story for their character's past? Well, there might be some regular old joes out there, but you know...

After all those hormones and motherly emotions had welled up inside her, I wanted to plan a disappointing depression on the event. I made Lenz out to be always motherly and responsible. She was always respecting others and taking charge ever since she was a child.

Other than those traits, she can be shy, yet bold in her words. She doesn’t hold back from explaining to people what is right and why it is right. She’s one for justice and making sure that people get what they deserve whether it be good or bad.

I think there are bits and pieces of me in Lenz, although I can’t single them out. I had a friend read a few posts of mine before I submitted them. She told me that my character reminded her of me. I couldn’t help but ask her why that was, but I only received a shrug in response.

The world may never know…

Overall, I think Lenz was my imagination conjuring up an oxymoron of a personality to coincide with her past. One who has been through so much pain and dreadful heartbreak acts as if nothing wrong has happened to her. However, as I progress in my writing (and it has already happened) I will be explaining the struggles she goes through.

She’s bottling up all of her emotions and feelings because she feels that she needs to stay strong in front of people. It’s like when you see your mother cry and instantly feel panic in your stomach. Mothers aren’t supposed to cry. It’s just not what they do! She feels that it is her duty to maintain a stable composure in front of everyone, but when she’s alone I tend to explain how she deals with the pain that’s festering inside of her.

I don’t know what else to say. I really don’t know why I truly created Lenz the way I did. It just kind of came to me. Initially I had created a Nuit who was terrible and rude and evil with the same name under the same character. I hadn’t posted more than a few posts until I knew I didn’t like her. I asked to change her to the current Lenz and things worked better.

But don’t worry! I plan to change things up later in the year. Maybe late summer to early autumn I will write a thread where another traumatic event takes place and Lenz is in the thick of it. It is here that she will finally break and she will become more malevolent and angry. But who knows?

Sometimes you need a change in your character right?

End Note :
Sorry if that explanation was utterly terrible. You should know by now that I don't describe things and elaborate on details very well!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 9:13 pm

Music Dedicated To Lenz

After all that in depth clarification on why I chose to create Lenz like I did, I think it's nice to get more detailed by letting a song explain things for itself.

Like how a picture says many words, music does too.

I hope you listened to the lyrics rather than the melody and the beat. The lyrics are what are the most important. I hope you liked it and really started to feel for Lenz!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext