[Rookery Park] Silk Gull Adventures(Shijara)

Palla meets Shijara at Rookery Park

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Palla Frostfawn on March 8th, 2014, 5:53 pm

7th of Spring, 514 AV
9th bell
Palla was lacking inspiration for her carvings, and she needed some desperately. It was her day off, and she didn't know what to do. I should go to a park. Palla thought, trying to recall the name of a park on her map What was that place called where those blue gulls nest again? Rook park? Palla looked at her map and discovered the place was called Rookery Park.

She hopped off of her bed, ready to go. Palla quickly put on her shoes, grabbed her map from off her bed, and got ready to go. Palla got her carving knife, a small piece of wood, and a gouge that she had accidentially taken home. I may as well return it on my way back home. Palla's dogs, Midnight and Purity, followed her, and she clipped their leashes onto their collars as they excitedly ran around, ready to leave.

Palla put all of thse items in her backpack and set off to Rookery Park. She took Midnight and Purity on their leashes as they followed her excitedly. As she left the building, they grew more restless and started pulling on their leashes. Palla sped to a jog to satisfy them, and they happily ran with her. She jogged at a brisk pace, enjoying the temperate air which she was happy wasn't warmer, a new feeling for her since she was brought up in Avanthal. Palla looked around at the city she loved, and in that moment, she had no regrets about moving to Riverfall. She was also so glad that she had bought her dogs, they brought out her more playful side and their prescence relaxed her a bit

Soon, she arrived at Rookery Park, and walked through it, enjoying the sight of blue gulls nesting, but not daring to go too close, as she didn't know if the birds were territorial or friendly. Palla's dogs parked at the gulls and Palla tried to divert their attention by petting them. It worked for a little bit, but the dogs soon went back to the gulls. Palla didn't know much about the birds, only their name, and now, how they looked. She enjoyed watching the bird family. These creatures were a new sight, fascinating to her, as the fauna was very different in Avanthal. As she admired the gulls, her dogs grew more curious about the creatures. Palla inched closer tentatively, and the birds appeared angry at her. She quickly took the dogs away from the birds again and sat down on a bench. Palla enjoyed the blue gulls, and the flora in the park.
I love nature. Its imperfections just make it all the more perfect. I sometimes wish I could be one of these birds. If I was, though, who would take care of Purity and Midnight? They would probably roam the city until Kavala or someone took them back to The Sanctuary. Still, it would be kind of cool to try being one of these birds... What if I could fly? That would be cool. I think being a bird Kelvic and being able to fly would be nice, but then I'd be treated like a pet. These Kelvics are mistreated, but at least they're not slaves... Oh, well. You can't fix everything.

As Palla thought, she was absentmindedly petting her restless dogs. She got up and jogged through the park with her dogs in tow. They reluctantly turned their attention away from the birds and jogged around until Palla was too out of breath to continue. She stopped and petted her dogs, breathing hard, heart pounding in her chest. Palla had ideas for carving now. A person with wings, a blue gull, maybe even a Silkena.

Or at least, that's how she imagined it to be. In reality, it was pouring. Palla had underestimated the rain and taken her dogs to Rookery Park. She was soaked, along with Midnight and Purity. Completely soaked.

Last edited by Palla Frostfawn on March 27th, 2014, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

[Rookery Park] Thread Lacking Title (Shijara)

Postby Shijara on March 10th, 2014, 4:43 pm

Something about the park attracted the Chaktawe. The silk gulls were intriguing and with her sketchbook in tow, safely tucked in the worn backpack that draped lazily on her shoulder, Shi ran quickly, weaving up the stone steps that lead to the park. She slowed as more of the birds came into view and she had the strongest urge to climb the rocks to get a better look at the creatures but decided strongly against such a decision. She was daring enough, and willing to risk a few things here and there, but it wouldn't be the best to disturb such lovely creatures, let alone rub a few Akalak the wrong way who worked hard to preserve these animal's existence. Instead she observed at a distance, squinting and looking skyward, watching the birds loop and circle overhead.

Shi was smiling, the blue of the birds and the sky itself melting together. Sometimes she would lose one completely given their camouflage, and thought it humorous that even Riverfall was such a... blue town. Even the birds adorned the color. Her gaze was distracted and so her footing wasn't as sure. Soon, Shijara missed one of the steps, and slipped up, yelping as she fell. She caught herself, her hands getting muddy and sore, but nothing serious. Shi sat down, and instead of being embarrassed, she laughed.

The sound bubbled up into the air, and Shijara soon stood up, brushing the dirt off of her attire. She moved carefully now, grinning. She made her way through the park confidently, and with purpose. She felt most satisfied on land, she decided, always uneasy by the docks. This was a good place for her to be. Even as the rain began to fall, Shijara was comforted. Makutsi was the giver of rain and it was a beautiful thing. Even a downpour like this pleased the Chaktawe and she enjoyed the steady beating of the cool rain on her skin. In fact, she enjoyed it so much, she leaned her head back, arms in the arm and closed her eyes, embracing the sensation. She felt fresh, and any dirt that had clung to her hands or pants from her fall was being washed away. It was a lovely feeling.

Shijara made her way around, she paused, hearing barking and flashes of color caught her eye. A young woman was holding the leashes of dogs and soon Shi was cocking her head and she waved, but unsure whether or not the female had seen, she began to head in that direction.

"Hey!," Shijara shouted, "Can I pet your dogs?"
TO MY WONDERFUL PARTNERS: You guys are the best.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Words: 95233
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Palla Frostfawn on March 15th, 2014, 12:52 am

As Palla was considering wether or not to go home, she looked at her dogs. They weren't exactly thrilled to be in the rain, but they didn't seem to be too mad about it either. Midnight and Purity still played in the rain, but stayed closer to Palla, as if they were nervous or wanted her to provide shelter for them. Unfortunately, Palla had none to provide. Palla looked at the blue gulls, some reacting to the rain as she did, protecting their young, yet others flew freely in the sky.

Palla envied the tight knit community of birds, much like the ones that the Vanthas lived in, in Avanthal. Palla sighed, now homesick, thinking about her family and friends she had left behind. Palla tried to look up, thinking about her new friends in Riverfall and her carving shop, but she still felt a bit homesick. Palla's attention was soon diverted, however.

She spotted a girl wandering the park, like her. She seemed to be enjoying the rain much more than Palla, however. She had pure black eyes, and for a moment Palla wondered if she was a Vantha. This girl, however had completely black eyes, while Vantha only had color changing irises. Palla decided to pretend to not take notice of her, because even though she usually tried to be social despite her nervous nature, the rain depressed her a bit. Being depressed gave Palla less drive to follow through with her goals.

Palla's plan was soon foiled, though. The girl took notice of her and her dogs. "H-Hello!" Palla stammered in a friendly greeting. She realized the girl had asked a question. "Y-Yes, you can pet them. T-They probably won't be as soft, though, because they're so wet." Palla sighed. "I-I shouldn't have brought them out here, b-but they really like to be outside. T-They don't seem to mind it too much, though. "

Palla looked down at her dogs, who didn't look nearly as wet and miserable as she was. Meanwhile, Palla's hair was thoroughly soaked. She was tempted to shake it out, but knew the girl would probably think it was weird, so refrained from doing so. Palla thought that her stammering was off putting enough without her doing other things.

Palla decided to ask the girl for her name in an attempt to be sociable. "W-What's your name? I-I'm Palla." Palla introduced herself. "Frostfawn." She added quickly.
OOCI'm so sorry for the late post! I'm just so busy and out of it.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shijara on March 27th, 2014, 1:23 am

Shijara was having hard time understanding the girl, the stuttering making it tricky for her to catch the words in common. She had not met someone yet who spoke that way, and the Chaktawe wasn't sure if it was from the cold rain or shyness. Perhaps she just had a speech impediment? Either way, the tan woman found herself listening closely to the woman with the dogs, brightening when she caught on.

Reaching out to lay a hand on one of the dogs head, Shijara beamed, "That is okay. Dogs don't get wet often where I'm from." After all, not much got rained on in Eyktol. It was a hot land, and saw little water at all.

"My name is Shijara. Hello, Palla," The Chaktawe let her hand drop after giving attention to both animals, "I've always wanted a pet, but I do not know what kind. Hmm..." Wet fur stuck to some of Shi's fingers and she rubbed her hand on the leg of her leggings. "What are you doing out here when it's raining?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, were you planning to meet someone here? I'd hate to keep you." Oops. Shi had not given much thought to the fact she might be disturbing this woman from any plans. As a sociable person, sometimes the detail slipped from her mind and she had to remind herself that not everyone was as talkative and willing to converse with strangers.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Palla Frostfawn on March 27th, 2014, 3:55 am

Palla was embarrassed by her stammering, but reminding herself of that would just make her blush, and stammer even more than she usually could. It took a while for Palla to get comfortable enough around new people to forget her fears of meeting new people, and let her stammering die down. She didn't know why she stammered herself, but chalked it down to the relatively traumatizing experience of leaving her new home and being surrounded by strangers. The fact that the Akalak were much more tall then the pretty small Vantha didn't help her predicament, either.

"D-Dogs don't get wet often?" I-Is where you live hot and dry?" Palla, forgetting that a stanger would probably have no idea what she was talking about continued "W-Where I come from, it's the opposite. A-All Vantha are used to the harsh cold of A-Avanthal, Morwen helps with that."

Shijara. Palla filed the name away in her memory before responding to the Chaktawe "I-I am a bit biased, b-but I think dogs are great pets." Palla stammered, gesturing to her soaked companions. "I-I got mine from the Sanctuary. T-They are great companions, and much cheaper than horses. B-Besides, you need to know m-much more to take care of a horse. I-I think I would still prefer dogs, e-even though I could probably buy a horse soon." Don't bring up your financial situation! Palla reminded herself. You never know how much money others will have.

Palla quickly changed the subject to answer the girl's question. "I-I came out here in this weather, b-because my dogs needed to do their business. I-I wouldn't have come out here on my own." Palla replied. I really shouldn't even be out here. Palla took a step back from the girl, realizing she had taken a step forward earlier and was probably causing the girl discomfort by being so close, but tripped over Midnight's leash and fell into a large mud puddle, shallow, but almost the size of a small pond.

"O-Oh, I wouldn't meet anyone in this weather. D-Don't worry." Palla looked at the girl a. She was curious about her eyes, as Shijara probably was about hers. "I-I hate to ask, b-but why do you have black eyes? I-I don't want to seem rude." Palla quickly interjected. "M-My eyes are unusual, too. T-They change colors w-with my mood. I-I'm a Vantha." Palla added, so as to not seem too rude and to bring a possible small bonding experience between the young women over their eyes.

Palla decided she should probably get out of the rain, but didn't want to seem like she was pushing the Chaktawe away. She hesitantly added, though reluctant to let a seemingly harmless stranger into her home." I-I should probably get going. Y-You're welcome to come with me, i-if you'd like, to get out of the rain." I hope I'm not making a big mistake... Palla immediately regretted her decision, but it was too late to turn back now.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shijara on April 8th, 2014, 6:46 pm

"It is!" Shijara wiped away the rain drops that were rolling down her face, the cool spring shower causing her hair to flatten and stick to her neck and shoulders. "Very hot. I'm from the desert. I came to Riverfall to see what was out there. It's exciting!"

The Chaktawe listened patiently, all the while getting more soaked from the weather, and she nodded happily when the girl suggested they go find a different place to stand and waved her hand to show it was no inconvenience, "Let us go. I'll tell you about my eyes on the way, and you can tell me about yours."

A friendly person by nature, Shijara was happy to accept the offer, curious about the young female with the stutter. She found it cute. People talked differently. In fact, Shi could speak, but she was illiterate. Everyone had their strengths and weakness' and all the other things in between that made them who they were. It was one of the reasons the dark eyed woman could be so open with strangers.

As they made their way to a more sheltered location, Shijara smiled openly, hoping to appear genuine. Perhaps she was making the other female nervous. After all, they didn't know one another. She hoped to change that, of course.

"My eyes... I feel like I'm asked about them often. You must be questioned too, if yours change with your mood. I've even scared a few people due to them, but where I'm from, they are quite normal. I'm a Chaktawe. All of our eyes are black."

Shijara shrugged casually, and then her curiosity got the better of her, "I've never heard of a Vantha before. Do your eyes all change to the same color when you feel the same emotion, or is everyone different?"
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Palla Frostfawn on April 11th, 2014, 7:53 pm

Palla looked at Shijara, and wondered how she liked rain if where she came from was so hot and dry. After all, Palla didn't like the heat because she was from somewhere so cold. Then again, if Shijara was from the desert, she probably relied on water to survive, as everyone did, so she relished the feel of being wet.

The girl told her of her eyes, and said she was something called a Chaktawe. "A-Are you the people of the desert?" That sounded rude. I should have worded it differently.

Palla realized that she hadn't exactly invited the girl into her home, and as they stood under an awning, Palla decided to invite her to get a bite to eat instead.

"W-Would you like to talk over some food? M-My treat, of course." Palla was interested in learning of the girl's culture, and figured it was always better to be nice to get what she wanted, rather than pushing a stranger into it. Palla wasn't even that capable of trying to push someone into doing what she wanted. She'd probably stammer too much to be convincing.

Palla looked for a place to eat on her map, regardless of weather Shijara continued to walk or not. She realized her carving shop was a few stores away. "B-Before we eat, d-do you mind if I return something to my carving shop?" If Shijara said yes, Palla would lead her inside the sheltered shop and open her toolkit. Then, she would carefully put the gouge back and close her toolkit up, standing in the shop for a few moments before leading the Chaktawe out.

As they walked, Palla told Shijara a bit about her culture. "No, the eyes of Vantha are all different. "F-For example, my eyes t-turn purple when I'm happy." Palla explained "A-Another Vantha may have purple eyes when they're sad." Palla's eyes were now blue, with a tint of purple, barely noticeable. Palla told Shijara a bit more about the Vanthan culture. "A-All Vantha are comfortable in the cold." Palla continued. "A-Avanthal is freezing, and you, f-from the desert, would be very, very cold. M-Most of us worship the goddess Morwen, too."

OOCI'm assuming Shijara said yes to food, that's why Palla said "before we eat", tell me if you want me to change my post. Also, around what time do you think it is in this thread?
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shijara on April 21st, 2014, 7:18 pm

Shijara was pleasantly surprised she was invited to grab food, and she nodded in happy compliance. How fun! Shijara had grabbed a few meals while she had been in Riverfall, but stuck a lot to what she knew food wise. Perhaps today would be a great day to try something new while she made a new friend.

"Of course! You are an artist?" Shijara was grinning, "I draw, mostly charcoal sketches, but I record what I see so I can show my family back home." The Chaktawe politely followed the Vantha. She had never met one of her race before and while they moved, Shi held a look of wonder on her face.

"This is why I like travelling." There was always something new to stumble upon, always someone new to meet. Good or bad, she was unfolding her own story and that was something she found greatly admirable, "I learn something new every day! What brings you to Riverfall? I don't know where Avanthal is, but is it far? And can you tell me about Morwen? I'm sorry. Am I asking too many questions?"

Shi gave a sheepish smile, realizing that she was being nosy. "My uncle always told me my curiosity was a gift and a curse." A wistful sigh escaped her lips and pleasant memories of her childhood conjured into her mind. "I guess I just have to see if that's true or not."
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Palla Frostfawn on April 23rd, 2014, 7:00 am

Palla, after a moment of pondering, decided to take Shijara to the Almond Blossom. The meals, or at least most of them, were affordable, and Palla thought the food to be upscale, too. Palla didn't want to dissapoint her with bad food, nor did she want to break her bank. This fulfilled both of her wishes, and would hopefully please the Chaktawe.

"I-I used to long to travel, a-although I'm not too fond of it after the journey to Riverfall. I-It's dangerous, and now that I've started my business, I-I can't leave, anyways. " Palla continued after a small sigh. "I-I came to Riverfall because I had such a-a wanderlust that I felt a bit depressed.

"A-Avanthal is pretty far, all the way north." Palla answered Shijara's next questions. "M-Morwen is the leader of Avanthal. I-I don't remember meeting her in person, b-but I've heard she's very kind." Palla spoke admirably of the only goddes she worshipped."S-She marks all Vantha at birth, a-and she never gives negative marks. M-Morwen has a very warm personality, d-despite her cold appearance, b-being the goddess of winter.

"N-No, I don't mind the questions." Palla said, dismissing the inquiry. "A-Although I do think your uncle is right. C-Curiosity can get you into trouble, as well as give you an advantage." Palla believed that was true, however, she thought there were more disadvatages than advantages. Curiosity killed the cat, as they said.

If the Chaktawe continued to follow her, Palla would lead Shijara to the almond blossom, where they would both be handed a menu upon entering. Their hostess would introuce herself as KoranaWould she be serving them? I see no mention of a waitress, but I'll make a temporary one up., and found them a small, round table that seated three, but fit two without too much extra space. Palla decided to get the Chef's Pick, and soon, a waitress came over. If Shijara had decided, Palla would tell her their order and painstakingly count out the Mizas in her head.

Menu

Plates
Meat: 1 GM
Fruit: 3 GM
Cheese: 5 GM

Meals
Korana's Special- A meal for one including a main dish; usually meat, poultry or fish with a fruit and/or vegetable plate served with choice of fresh water, fruit juice, warm cider or mild tea (Wine seperate). Cost per person: 5 GM

Chef's Pick- A wonderful meal for one including two main dishes; usually a fine meat and exotic fish or poultry served with a variety of breads, selection of original dipping sauces, a fruit and/or vegetable plate and choice of fresh water, exotic fruit juice, warm cider or tea and elven dessert. Choice of wine included. Cost per person: 8 GM

Almond Blossom's Feast- A grand meal for one including three main dishes; exotic meat, exotic fish and poultry served with a variety of breads, one-of-a-kind elven sauces, exotic fruits and vegetables and a choice of fresh water, exotic fruit juice, warm cider or tea and two plates of elven dessert. Choice of wine included. Cost per person: 15 GM
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shijara on April 23rd, 2014, 11:05 pm

Shijara looked around the restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. It was very cute. "Have you been here before?" Shijara asked Palla as they were lead to their table, nodding in thanks to the waitress. She had eaten at very few of Riverfall's restaurants, and when she did order something, usually nibbled on bread or cheese. This was a pleasant change.

They were handed menus and Shi pretended to skim over it. She was afraid the other woman would feel bad if she pointed out that she was fairly illiterate. Her spoken common was pretty well, as she conversed with travelling Benshira growing up, but reading had never been much of a emphasis. The Chaktawe did rely on spoken word for their stories and histories, after all.

When Korana returned, Shi smiled brightly and held out the menu, "What exactly is in this?" She pointed to the second item on the menu.

"Fruit?" The waitress gave her a funny look, "Oranges, bananas, grapes... Is there one you would prefer?"

Shijara beamed, "I've never had an orange before. I'll take that. Thank you."

In fact, Shijara had had very little experience with many fruits. She had seen them in market, usually they were brightly colored, but her familiarity with them didn't go very far past that. Even saying the words in common made her mouth feel funny.

She handed back the menu, her confidence in herself pleasing. Shijara looked across at Palla, "So, your goddess, Morwen, she walks among your people?" Shijara had never heard of a god conversing with humans daily. The closest that came to that was Eywaat, and only in stories when he was trying to court young women.

"My god is rumored to show himself, but usually when he wants to test the heart of a beautiful woman he will later ask to wed. Or, I think... It has been a long time since I heard that story, but it used to be one of my favorites."

In fact, it was a secret dream of hers to capture the attention of Brother Crow. A child's fantasy, but it amused her when her mind wandered. To learn that there were other Gods, gods that walked with their followers... Well, perhaps it wasn't so far fetched after all.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next